Automatic Pour Over Coffee Maker? Is there anything that exists in reality?
After hearing about the term best automatic pour coffee maker, you may think this is nothing but a regular drip coffee machine. However, this particular sort of coffee machine is a little bit different than a drip coffee machine.
In short, ideal automatic pour over coffee machines are capable of making evenly extracted pour over coffee. Unlike many drip coffee machines, you will see a flatbed of used coffee grounds after finishing the brewing. Such circumstances indicate how evenly extracted your coffee is.
In today’s extensive guide, we are going to share the 10 best automatic pour over coffee makers that can make pretty good cups of pour-over coffee without requiring any troublesome manual work.
So, hang on tight, and let’s check it out…
Our Top 10 Picks for Best Automatic Pour Over Coffee Maker
Breville BDC450BSS Precision Brewer (Our Top Pick)
Breville Precision Brewer is a pretty well-known coffee maker that comes with versatile brewing features. This elegant-looking coffee maker is Specialty Coffee Association certified too due to its superior brewing output.
It has 6 different brewing moods: Fast, Gold, Strong, Over Ice, Cold Brew, and My Brew. Here the My Brew mood is basically for adjusting an individual’s preferred way of brewing an exceptional cup of pour-over coffee.
After choosing the My Brew option, you will find another 4 options to adjust: Bloom Time, Brew Temperature, Flow Rate, and Pour Over. To make a pour-over coffee, you have to select the pour-over option.
Turn the Pour Over Mood ON and place your favorite pour-over coffee maker (v60, Kalita Wave, etc.) under the showerhead. You will need an adapter (sold separately) on which you can place your pour-over coffee maker. Also, don’t forget to adjust the showerhead while making pour-over coffee.
The non-removable water tank can hold up to 1.8 liters of water effortlessly. A water softener kit also comes with the packaging. This might be a great help if you are struggling to get good quality coffee because of the high level of water hardness in your residential area. Aside from the water tank and carafe lid, almost all of the body parts of this machine are made of brushed stainless steel.
- Sleek looking design
- Multiple coffee making options
- Brew Strength adjustability
- Provides full control over-extraction
- Thermal 12 cup carafe and gold-tone basket are included
- The showerhead is not that great to produce an evenly extracted pour-over coffee
- The Breville Precision Brewer Thermal is a 60 oz drip coffee maker with thermal carafe that allows you to brew third wave specialty coffee at home, automatically; Experience your favorite coffee at its best with precise temperature and brewing time
- AUTOMATIC PRESETS AND CUSTOMIZABLE: 6 unique brewing modes ensure you enjoy the perfect balanced coffee every time; Preset modes include Gold, Fast, Strong, Iced, Cold Brew and My Brew, all so you can experience your favorite coffee at its best
- PRECISE & ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE: Coffee maker with precise digital temperature control (PID), 3 different flow rates to optimize contact time and Thermo Coil Heating System delivering water that is more pure than typical brewing systems that use aluminium
- GOLD CUP STANDARD: In Gold Cup preset mode the Breville Precision Brewer Glass automatically adjusts the water temperature and brew time to meet the standards set by the SCA (197 to 204 degrees)
- AUTO 'STEEP AND RELEASE' TECHNOLOGY: Breville's patented Steep & Release valve holds the water in contact with the coffee when small cup volumes are being brewed without the glass carafe in place automatically
OXO Brew Pour-Over Coffee Maker
Introducing the Pour Over coffee maker from OXO. It’s definitely an intelligently built pour-over coffee maker with an attached water tank. At first appearance, you may think that it’s pretty much the same as a manual pour-over coffee. However, remember that when playing with a manual pour-over coffee maker, you need to pour water on your own.
With this machine, you have to pour water into the top water tank and the bottom showerhead will do the pouring job for you. To make an excellent pour-over coffee, first, place your coffee mug on the table then place your OXO pour-over coffee brewer on top of it and place a cone-shaped paper filter in the brewer.
We would recommend you wet the paper filter by pouring a little bit of hot water so that you won’t feel any papery taste on your coffee. Now, add your coffee grounds and give the brewer a shake to make an even bed for coffee.
It’s time to place the water tank and pour enough water just to wet all the coffee grounds. This is widely called the bloom phase of producing pour-over coffee. While blooming is finished, add the rest of the water and enjoy!
Make sure to not add the lid on top of the brewer while at the blooming phase. It will help to release unwanted gas from the coffee.
This pour-over brewer is made of BPA-free plastic and comes with an affordable pricing tag. The water tank can hold up to 12 ounces of water easily and the brewer can be placed on almost any sized mug.
- Attached water tank
- Compact coffee brewer
- The lid can be used as a drip tray
- Brewer can sit on any sized mug
- Without blooming, you may experience an unevenly extracted cup of coffee.
- Creates consistent, flavorful cups of pour-over coffee with minimal effort
- Auto-drip tank precisely controls the water flow rate for a consistent, well-balanced brew, there’s no need to stand by with a kettle
- Water tank features a precise hole pattern to distribute water evenly over coffee grounds
- 2 different hole sizes automatically regulate water distribution for ideal brew time
- Measurement markings on Tank show exactly how much water to add up to 12 Ounce
This coffee maker is pretty similar to the Breville Precision Brewer in terms of looks. Just a few parts of the Bonavita Connoisseur are plastic; otherwise, all the machine is made of brushed stainless steel.
The showerhead of this machine is designed well for pouring water evenly through the ground coffee. Just a single button is used for controlling the machine. After adding water to the tank and coffee in the basket, press and hold the button for about 5 seconds.
It will start the pre-infusion process that is ideal for pour-over coffee. Since we will be making pour-over coffee, hence, we have to press and hold the button for 5 seconds. However, if you want to make only drip-style coffee, pressing the button once is enough.
Stainless steel carafe can hold up to 8 cups of coffee and keep them warm for a longer period. Besides, this machine features a 1500 water heater for ensuring the best possible coffee temperature (195-205 degrees).
- Pre-infusion system for perfect pour-over
- Stainless steel body material
- 8 cup sized thermal carafe
- Effortless operation
- The showerhead is designed for even extraction
- No programmable brewing feature
- Performance Coffee brewer makes an 8-cup carafe in about 6 minutes
- Powerful and precise 1500-watt heater maintains an optimal brewing temperature between 195°-205°f
- Optional pre-infusion mode mimics the artisan pour-over brewing method by pausing the water flow allowing the Coffee grounds time to bloom
- Showerhead design facilitates even saturation of Coffee grounds
- Audible signal when brewing cycle ends
Cuisinart CPO-800P1 PurePrecision (Bang For Buck)
Just like any other Cuisinart machine, the PurePrecision pour-over coffee maker has a nifty user interface. Unlike other drip coffee makers that provide a little scope to make pour-over coffee, this machine is made especially for making pour-over coffee.
By default, it will bloom your coffee grounds and release the CO2 so that you won’t feel any unpleasant taste. Again, the showerhead is designed nicely to make sure that all the ground coffee can come in contact with water.
Button based control panel of this machine is convenient to use along with quite a few cool features. With this easy-to-use control panel, you can control the brew temperature and strength to match your personal preferences. Besides, you can program your coffee anytime you want which is great for those who love to drink coffee but hate to make it in the morning.
Almost all the body parts of this machine are made of stainless steel apart from the glass-made carafe. Under the $200 price range, this looks like a pretty solid option for homeowners.
- Aesthetic user interface
- SCAA certified coffee maker
- Brewing temperature adjustability
- Adjustable brew strength feature
- Programmability for later brewing
- The carafe is made of glass, not stainless steel thermal one.
- SCAA Certified - meets the Specialty Coffee Association of America's rigorous technical requirements for exemplary home brewers
- Flavor strength control - mild, medium, bold
- Temperature control - hot, extra hot
- 8 cup carafe – Glass (CPO-800), Thermal (CPO-850)
BUNN NHS Velocity Brew
The Velocity Brewer from BUNN is another fully functional machine in our automatic pour-over coffee maker list. Although it doesn’t come with a dedicated blooming system, it can brew evenly extracted coffee that would be almost similar to your manual pour-over coffee.
This machine features a hassle-free single-button control panel. All you need to do is place a paper filter in the brew basket and add some coffee grounds into it. After that, spin the lid of the water tank and pour some filtered water. Close the lid and turn ON the front switch.
Within a 3 minutes time margin, you will get up to 10 cups of coffee prepared by BUNN Velocity Brew. Its multi-stream shower head ensures an even extraction by wetting all the coffee grounds resulting in a better-tasting coffee.
Most of the parts of this unit are stainless steel made with a little plastic. The glass carafe is 10 cup size and made of glass.
- Can make coffee quickly
- Effortless control panel
- Compact size
- Multi-stream showerhead
- Pre-infusion is unavailable
- No programmable brewing feature
- Non-removable water tank
- Fastest 10-Cup Home Coffeemaker* brews a full pot of coffee in about 3 minutes
- An always hot internal hot water is ready to brew hot coffee on demand
- Exclusive drip-free carafe with a proprietary lid and spout design that arcs the pour of the coffee into the cup and wicks the coffee dribbles back into the carafe preventing a mess on cup or counter
- Multi-stream spray head showers hot water evenly over the coffee grounds
- Large flat bottom filter and funnel allows greater interaction between hot water and coffee grounds for superior flavor extraction
Technivorm Moccamaster 79112 KBT (Most Sturdy Machine)
Another Specialty Coffee Association Certified coffee brewer in our top 10 list. The Moccamaster KBT coffee brewer from Technivorm is undoubtedly a premium machine whether you make automatic pour-over coffee or drip-style coffee.
When it comes to Pour Over coffee, an ideal pre-infusion phase can make all the difference. Although this machine doesn’t have any dedicated blooming/pre-infusion button, you can do it by turning the toggle switch to cross position and turning the power button to OFF position simultaneously. You need to do this when the showerhead has released enough water for wetting coffee grounds.
Now, wait for about 30 seconds and place the switch to its previous positions and let all the water flow through the coffee. This way, you can make authentic pour-over coffee without putting in much effort.
In order to maintain the optimal temperature, this machine featured a copper element for making sure that water is always between 195-205 degrees Fahrenheit. The whole machine is made of Aluminum, Stainless Steel, and some plastics. Lastly, the machine is backed by a long 5 years of warranty.
- Sturdy build structure
- Manually adjustable brew basket
- Copper heating element for delivering optimal coffee temperature
- Stainless steel 10 cup sized carafe
- Button based easy to operate control panel
- A bit pricey
- The top coffee maker choice of coffee brewing experts
- Easy use, one button Operation and 4-6 minute brew time for 40 oz. of Coffee
- Manual adjust brew basket allows you to customize your Coffee
- This Coffee maker features a stainless steel thermal carafe to keep Coffee hot longer
- Backed by a 5-year Warranty
OXO Brew 9 Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Maker
Another OXO coffee maker and yet another SCAA-certified brewer in our list. This machine doesn’t have any pre-infusion stage, however, the quality of the final coffee is definitely rewarding.
The functionalities of this automatic pour-over coffee maker are pretty effortless. You have to pour a measured amount of filtered water into the reservoir, place a paper filter and add some coffee grounds on that, select the cup size and lastly push the dial to start brewing.
You can program your coffee up to 24 hours ahead in order to enjoy rich and flavorful coffee without any waiting. As the controlling panel of this machine, the OXO Brew coffee maker features a digital display along with an easy-to-use dial.
The casing of this coffee maker is made of mostly stainless steel along with some plastic parts. Similar to other modern coffee makers, this coffee maker also has the pause-and-pour feature so that you can serve coffee during brewing.
- Temperature controlled brewing features
- Stainless steel body material
- Pause and Pour brewing feature
- Digital display control panel with easy to use dial
- Programmable brewing
- No pre-infusion system is available
- Both lids are made of plastic that might give you cheap feelings.
- BetterBrew Precision Brewing controls water temperature and optimizes brew cycles for rich, flavorful coffee – whether you’re making two cups or a full pot
- Fully programmable and easy to use, a single dial lets you choose cups, program the time and set the automatic wake-up timer
- Temperature-controlled brewing keeps the water between 197.6–204.8°F /92-96°C – the ideal range for drip coffee
- Rainmaker shower head evenly disperses water over coffee grounds for better flavor extraction
- Internal mixing tube ensures your last sip is as delicious as your first
SEIZON Coffee Machine (Best Budget Pick)
This coffee maker is slightly similar to the Moccamaster KBT coffee maker in terms of its look. Like the Moccamaster KBT, the SEIZON pour-over coffee maker also comes with an adjustable brew basket which is great for blooming your coffee.
For making a perfect pour-over coffee using this machine, first off, add a paper filter into the brew basket and put your ground coffee into the basket. Now, fill the water reservoir with some measured amount of filtered water.
Press the power button to start the brewing cycle. After getting enough water into the brew basket to wet all the grounds, turn the power button OFF and adjust the switch to stop dripping coffee into the carafe. Assume that it’s the pre-infusion phase for this machine, so wait for about 30 seconds before turning the power buttons and the dripping switch ON.
This machine features an 11-hole showerhead for ensuring even coffee extraction. It comes with a glass-made carafe that holds 8 cups of coffee.
- Minimal looking coffee maker
- Adjustable brew basket
- Stainless steel casing
- 11-hole showerhead for precise extraction
- The non-stick heating place for keeping the carafe warm for a longer period
- No dedicated blooming/pre-infusion system
- 【ONE TOUCH PROGRAMMABLE COFFEE MAKER】 SEIZON Coffee Brewer recognizes the value of minimalism, turn complex procedures into simple one touch function. Brew your favorite warm espresso coffee with one click drip coffee maker on a busy morning. The transparent smart coffee machine design shows you the exact amount of water that will turn into coffee.
- 【BREW QUICK & PERFECT CAPACITY】 The simple design of coffee brewer won't take up too much space in the home kitchen. Fills a 43oz water tank and the coffee machine will brews a 8-cup carafe in 30 minutes. Each cup is about 150 ML. Pure thermal coffee sets up an energetic morning for you and your family.
- 【PRECISION FILTER & 11-HOLE SHOWER-HEAD DESIGN】 Coffee machines with the unique design of the 11-hole shower-head can precisely control the dripping speed of the water and brew all the coffee ground evenly. Precise filter design can avoid the blockage in the brewing process, serve you a pure coffee.
- 【AUTOMATIC HEAT PRESERVATION】 Once the brewing is complete, the coffee maker will sound twice then preserve heat automatically. Non-stick heating plate keeps your coffee fresh and thermal in the carafe. The automatic coffee brewer can be switched off manually at any time by using the on/off switch.
- 【DAILY CLEANING & MAINTENANCE】 After brewing, discard ground coffee and filter. Clean the funnel and coffee pot, then dry it. Wipe the body with a damp cloth. Clean the interior regularly. Remember to turn off the power immediately after use. One touch coffee makers, make your busy life simple and convenient.
Redline MK1 Coffee Brewer
The MK1 from Redline is an affordable option that can produce pour-over coffee in a precise manner. This simple-looking coffee maker can reach the standard coffee temperature(195-205 degrees Fahrenheit) and make a full pot of coffee within 6 minutes.
With this machine, you can make a standard cup or pot of pour-over coffee with an authentic aroma. Thanks to its blooming feature that ensures the optimal extraction out of your coffee grounds. Besides, it features a drip level that lets you stop the flow of coffee at any time.
This feature would be great for those who often need to drink coffee immediately while in a rush. Apart from these, this machine has a single-button control panel. All you need to do is set up the brew basket with coffee, pour filtered water into the reservoir, and then press that button to begin the brew.
The Redline MK1 coffee maker is backed by 2 years of warranty along with a 60 days return policy, which is great indeed.
- Simple, yet fully functional coffee maker
- Capable of delivering optimal temperature
- Affordable pricing tag
- Blooming phase for better extraction
- Drip level for cutting off the dripping at any time
- Glass made carafe
- Almost all the parts are made of plastic that feels cheap
Brim 8 Cup Pour Over Coffee Maker
This machine is made especially for making pour-over coffee, however, in an automated way. The Brim coffee maker follows the standard process of making pour-over coffee therefore don’t need to worry about less control over coffee extraction.
It comes with a laser-etched permanent filter along with 20 paper filters. So if you are comfortable with the paper filters you have the option instead. This machine features a single-button control panel as well. Fill the reservoir, add 8 scoops of ground coffee for 8 cups of coffee and press the power button to start the brewing.
As soon as you press the button, the machine will put a little bit of hot water into the basket through its showerhead for blooming. That way, the final coffee will be evenly extracted and you will definitely feel the enchanting aroma as well.
For making a perfect cup of coffee, the Brim coffee maker maintains the precise brew temperature(197.6°F to 204.8°F) constantly. This machine is made of stainless steel with satin copper color along with glass and plastic.
- Gorgeous looks
- Maintains ideal brew temperature
- Dedicated blooming feature
- Comes with a permanent filter along with 20 paper filters
- Easy-to-use single button control panel
- The carafe is made of glass.
- Carafe replacement is not available
- ULTIMATE BREWING: Pour over coffee flavor with the convenience of an automatic machine, this coffee maker has a pour over shower head for even coffee bed saturation & turbulence resulting in a smooth & delicious flavor.
- CONSTANT TEMPERATURE: Perfect constant brew temperature 197.6°F to 204.8°F for ultimate extraction. Ideal Keep Warm temperature – 176°F – does not compromise the taste. Carefree 30 minute Auto shut off.
- THE PERFECT BLOOM: The shower head utilizes pulse brewing to evenly water coffee bed & achieve the perfect bloom, with coffee bed saturation and turbulence resulting in a smooth & delicious flavour. Permanent filter means no paper filters necessary!
- THE ART OF COFFEE: Grinding to perfection. Measuring with precision. Mastering the brewing process. Our engineers at Brim have reinvented and simplified the instruments of artisan coffee making.
- BREW LIKE AN ARTISAN: Inspired by coffee traditions since 1961, Brim's line of coffee & espresso makers, French presses, burr grinders, kettles & pour over kits let you brew with classic techniques.
Things to consider while getting the Best automatic pour-over coffee maker
Automatic Pour Over Coffee maker is kind of an under-discussed topic in the brewing world. Most coffee freaks refer to a typical drip coffee machine as an automatic pour-over coffee maker.
However, there’s much more that needs to be discussed loudly. Here in this segment, we are going to share some key considerations that should be considered while purchasing an automatic pour-over coffee machine. Let’s jump into it.
Needless to say, blooming should be the major considerations. It’s the process of pouring just enough water through the showerhead so that all the coffee grounds can be soaked. This will release CO2 and the rich aroma out of coffee grounds that eventually results in a flavorful cup of pour-over coffee.
So when choosing an automatic pour-over coffee machine, make sure that it has a pre-infusion/blooming feature. After soaking coffee grounds, the machine should wait for about 30 seconds for releasing CO2 and then pour all the water through the coffee grounds.
Perhaps the most crucial variables of brewing. Unless your coffee is perfectly warm you won’t get the authentic richness and flavor from it. Many baristas and coffee connoisseurs recommend getting the 195-205 degrees Fahrenheit margin if you really want to sip a balanced cup of coffee.
Some coffee makers come with an exclusive temperature-controlled system that ensures an ideal brew temperature. So make sure to check it before getting one. Furthermore, SCA-certified machines are tested by checking their brew temperature, coffee to water ratio, understandability of the user manual, and many other aspects.
So if you want to avoid guesswork and stay on the safe side, you can go for any SCA-certified automatic pour-over coffee maker.
This can also be a major consideration if you don’t like to make coffee after grinding coffee, adding them into the basket, and then waiting for several moments for filling the carafe. We know most of us are like that.
So, it would be great to have such a machine that can be programmed 24 hours earlier. That way, you will get your coffee ready right off your bed without making any mess in the morning.
Style of Showerhead
Another crucial consideration for getting an evenly extracted cup of coffee. If the showerhead is in the middle of the reservoir lid, then it will only pour water at the center of the coffee grounds. Therefore, coffee grounds that are at the side will not come in contact with water and give you an uneven extraction of coffee.
So make sure that the showerhead has more than 5 holes and can pour water on all coffee grounds.
Glass VS Thermal Carafe
In order to keep your coffee warm for several hours, it’s better to pick such a pour-over coffee maker that comes with a thermal carafe. However, you have to spend a few more bucks compared to machines that come with glass carafe.
Think about your brewing season, do you drink coffee right after brewing or do you leave the coffee machine and go to your morning exercise? If you drink coffee immediately after preparing then it would be wise to not spend some extra bucks by purchasing a thermal carafe. So it’s up to you entirely whether you should pick a thermal or glass carafe.
Automatic Vs Manual Pour Over Coffee Maker
So what are the actual differences between a manual and an automatic pour-over machine? This is what we are trying to find out in this section.
In short, an automatic pour-over coffee maker will do everything for you in order to make a great cup of coffee. So, you won’t get any control over the extraction. You have to vastly depend on the machine for getting a great cup of coffee.
Contrastingly, if you use a manual pour-over coffee maker, you will get complete control over the brewing process. With a manual pour-over coffee maker, you can customize all the variables for getting your desired tasting coffee. Although it requires a lot of practice for making a decent cup of pour-over coffee.
So, if you are confident about your coffee brewing skills, you can go for a manual pour-over coffee.
Now, if you are craving for getting pour-over quality coffee but don’t have enough brewing knowledge then it’s better to invest in a handy automatic pour-over coffee.
We hope this guide would be a great help to pick the best automatic pour over coffee maker. Nevertheless, if you are confused about which one should be the right match for you then let me give you a hand.
Our Top pick/Best Overall is Breville Precision Brewer, Best Bang For Buck is Cuisinart CPO-800P1 PurePrecision, Most Sturdy Pick is Moccamaster KBT, Best Budget Pick is SEIZON Pour-Over Coffee Machine.
Now pick the right one for you and enjoy deliciously made coffee every day. If you have any thoughts regarding this guide please feel free to share them in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share the guide with your friend and family and help them too in choosing the right machine.