De’Longhi has long been known for producing well-made and inexpensive kitchen appliances. Their espresso machines are no exception to the rule. The De’Longhi brand is a distinctive signature brand in the coffee business, combining outstanding elegance with a small form.
De’Longhi’s espresso machines provide convenience and versatility without sacrificing coffee quality. Our best De’Longhi espresso machine reviews demonstrate that it would be an all-around coffee experience and a good investment.
- The 5 Best De'Longhi Coffee Machine Reviews
- How Should You Select The Best De'Longhi Machine
- De'Longhi’s History
- Final Words
The 5 Best De’Longhi Coffee Machine Reviews
As we’ve already mentioned, De’Longhi has a long list of machines to offer. So we had to pick the best of them based on some of the key aspects.
First of all, we’ve picked them based on their customizability and the overall espresso experience they offer.
The second aspect is their maintenance aspect. We tried to pick only those that require less time for cleaning and are easy to maintain.
Then, the third factor is the overall aesthetics and build quality. This is not the first point because most of the De’Longhi machines ensure this aspect anyway.
The fourth is whether the machine comes with programmable user preferences. And, the fifth and final one is whether the machine is usable for all – from beginners to experts.
After cumulating all of the factors, these are our hand-picked best De’Longhi espresso machines for home!
De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica
- Enjoy the perfect cup of espresso every time with 13 adjustable settings and customizable temperatures
- Create a rich, creamy froth for cappuccinos and lattes with the convenient manual frother
- The compact design easily fits on any kitchen countertop
- Rapid Cappuccino System ensures no waiting between cups
- Easy to clean and maintain with front-accessible components and dishwasher-safe parts
DeLonghi’s most celebrated innovation, the Magnifica ESAM3300, is capable of preparing espresso, coffee, cappuccino, americano, and lattes.
This super-automatic machine comes with a unique beans-to-brew system that grinds coffee beans with its burr grinders right before brewing. It also comes with 2 stainless-steel thermoblock boilers that provide excellent heat distribution and 75 seconds of average heating time. The unit’s front panel offers easily accessible rotary controls for the on/off switch, cappuccino system, water quantity, and strength controls.
Its patented cappuccino milk system rotates 180 degrees and allows for any size of the milk container. The coffee spout is also height-adjustable from a classic espresso cup to a tall mug. Even more, it has a cup warmer on top for the best coffee experience.
The ESAM3300 has a 3-hour automatic shutoff for added safety. Its brewing units consist of a 60 oz. removable water tank, an 8.8 oz. bean container, a 1-cup and 2-cup selection, an electronic steam and thermostat, auto rinse and decalcification programs, and a removable drip tray.
Magnifica knows the value of your kitchen counter space. Thus, it has a dimension of 11 x 15.3 x 14.4 inches. Its stainless steel body made it a 23.12 lbs. machine.
- Very easy to clean and maintain
- Adjustable water quantity, coffee strength, and spout height
- Double boiler for faster heating up, faster brewing, and more precision
- One of the best “reliable and value for the money” espresso makers out there
- Allows users to easily learn and control all aspects of the machine’s functioning
- The grinder is noisy
- The milk frother works slowly
De’Longhi ECP3420 Pump Espresso
- Experience ultimate control over taste preferences with adjustable controls and 15-bar pressure
- Create creamy, evenly textured drinks every time with the Advanced Cappuccino System
- Make single or double espresso shots, cappuccino, or lattes with the included filter holder
- Enjoy cup after cup with no waiting thanks to the optimal temperature maintenance
- Accommodate taller cups for larger beverages with an adjustable bottom tray
- Easily refill and reattach the convenient water tank with a visible water level
Single or double espresso, cappuccinos, or lattes, the DeLonghi ECP3420 15-Bar Espresso Machine will guarantee you barista-quality results at home. The small 9.6 x 7.25 x 11.9-inch espresso maker comes with an advanced cappuccino system. This system can make rich, velvety, and evenly textured foam for your hot milk or cappuccino.
This 10.6 lbs. machine features a double-layer drip tray, a 37 oz. removable water tank, and an adjustable double-mouth coffee spout (cup height 3.5–5 inches). Note that the drip tray is removable to add to the overall cup height. Its removable water tank and drip tray have made it an easy-to-cleanup model, and the parts are dishwasher safe as well.
The professional 15-bar pressure pump ensures consistent quality results while the adjustable controls let you tweak your personal taste preferences. The Rapid Cappuccino system ensures optimal brew temperature, cup after cup. This model is available in white, metallic black, red, and black with stainless steel.
- Stainless steel-made boiler
- It has convenient storage for its filters
- An extremely low-cost espresso machine
- It comes with an advanced manual frother
- The water reservoir is removable and holds 37 oz.
- No integrated grinder
- Small brewing capability
- No programmable drink options
De’Longhi ECAM35020W Dinamica
- Get delicious lattes and cappuccinos in no time with an integrated adjustable manual frother
- Fast heat-up time of only 40 seconds so you can enjoy your favorite drinks even faster
- The effortless cleaning process saves both time and money with a removable brew unit and dishwasher-safe drip tray
- Enjoy peace of mind with an extended warranty of up to 3 years after registering your coffee machine
The ECAM35020 Dinamica is the world’s first and only full-automatic touch-interface espresso machine that comes with iced coffee technology. You can enjoy a variety of traditional and fresh coffee drinks (espresso, long espresso, cappuccino, and drip-style coffee) with this 25 lbs. automatic bean-to-cup machine at home.
It incorporates a lower-temperature brew to allow pre-infusion to make the coffee. When it comes to iced coffee, De’Longhi uses its TrueBrew function to make a smooth, full-bodied coffee over ice that never waters down. You can also customize the coffee strengths. Its high-performance 15-bar Italian pump provides a 40-second heat-up time.
Dinamica’s integrated advanced manual frother makes rich and long-lasting foam for your lattes and cappuccinos. You can use soy, almond, coconut, rice, or cow’s milk to make the froth with it. Dinamica’s grind technology, combined with steel burr grinders and 13 settings, does the perfect amount of beans. It leaves no residual coffee in the brew unit to ensure optimal freshness.
Dinamica has a dimension of 16.9 x 9.3 x 13.7 inches. Its water tank and bean container capacities are 61 and 10.6 oz., respectively. The machine comes with its own descaling solution, a cleaning brush, an ice cube tray, a measuring spoon, an instruction manual, and a quick start guide. It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Detachable 61 oz. water tank
- Programmable drink features
- Maintenance and cleaning are easy for all
- Top-notch steel burr grinders with 13 grind settings
- A super-automatic espresso machine that can brew drip coffee
- Difficult to perform the initial setup
- It doesn’t have an automatic milk steamer
- Reading the manual is obligatory for first-time owners
De’Longhi EC9335M La Specialista
- Enjoy delicious espresso with a perfect dose every time with Sensor Grinding Technology
- Get an effortless, mess-free tamping experience with the Smart Tamping Station
- Achieve the optimal temperature for coffee extraction and milk texturing with Active Temperature Control with Dual Heating System
- Create beautiful Latte Art and rich foam for a cappuccino with the Advanced Latte System
- Reduce preparation time and enjoy your espresso right away with 1-Second Quick Start
- Make an authentic Americano or hot water for tea without residual coffee taste with the separate Hot Water Spout
La Specialista is an espresso machine that takes out all the guesswork. It’s one for the coffee and espresso enthusiasts. This 29.70 lbs., elegantly constructed and professionally inspired machine will let you hand-craft espressos precisely the way you’d like them. For added convenience, La Specialista has a separate hot water spout for authentic Americano lovers.
The versatile machine comes with exclusive sensing technology to deliver a precise, consistent, and optimal grind dose for espresso. With this sensor, it’ll always remind you when to refill its 8.8 oz. bean container. Then comes the Smart Tamper Station. A simple pull of the lever will tamp the grounds with the right pressure for perfect results.
It’s also equipped with active temperature control and 2 independent heating systems. They ensure the best temperature stability for extraction and milk texturing. The Advanced Latte System will give you the perfect microfoam for latte art. Simply select flat or froth for your flat hot milk or the perfect froth to express your latte and cappuccino.
With a 1-second quick ignition capability, this 15 x 14.48 x 17.5-inch machine will immediately brew an authentic espresso with no additional heat-up time. Thanks to its dedicated advanced latte system and 84.5 oz. water tank, you don’t have to wait for either steaming or brewing.
- Easy to clean and operate
- Fuss-free maker of fantastic milk froth
- Intuitive functions and a user interface
- A super-automatic for both home and professional settings
- It comes with a 2-year plus an additional 1-year of warranty
- Time and effort are needed to fine-tune the settings
De’Longhi EC885M Dedica Arte
- Compact design to fit on any countertop
- Professional tamper and filter basket for the power to brew barista-quality beverages
- The automatic Flow Stop feature makes it easy to dispense just the right amount of espresso
- Double drip tray is adjustable or removable for larger cups
- Removable water tank with easy-to-see water level for convenience and accuracy
The De’Longhi Dedica Arte might be a small machine, but it packs an exceptional flavor punch. It’s the slimmest DeLonghi machine on the market. Yet it’s capable of making a statement on any kitchen counter.
Arte’s My LatteArt Steam Wand is a powerful yet easy-to-use commercial-styled wand. You can make perfect latte art and microfoam milk texturing with it! It has a 15-bar professional Italian pressure pump to ensure consistent, quality results. Combined with simple, intuitive 1-cup and 2-cup adjustable controls, you’ll have the pleasure of personal preferences.
Its compact design eliminates the clutter in your kitchen as it’s only 6 inches wide (full dimensions are 13 x 6 x 12 inches). Its 8 lbs. lightweight body also allows you to move it around without any problem.
This machine includes a 35 oz. removable tank, a professional tamper, and a large filter basket. The basket accommodates up to 18g of ground coffee, which is ideal for pulling rich espresso shots. Additionally, its Auto Flow Stop feature dispenses the right amount of espresso into the cup, eliminating the guesswork. The dual adjustable drip tray makes it easy to fit taller cups as well.
Dedica Arte also comes with a measuring spoon, water hardness strips, a 100ml descaler, single and double coffee filters, and an ESE capsule filter.
- High-quality build and compact design
- The steam wand is powerful and impressive
- It has an impressive less than a 1-minute heat-up period
- Single and double shots have automatic flow-stop features
- Mastering the steam wand is difficult
- Despite being a small limited machine, it’s not cheap
How Should You Select The Best De’Longhi Machine
DeLonghi machines have a long range of selections and prices. So, you’ll have wiggle room for your type of machine depending on your budget. Please note: Its top-grade super-automatic machines can go as high as $2,500. On the contrary, its entry-level espresso makers can be purchased for as little as $150.
In general, the higher the price of a machine, the more features and build quality a machine will have. However, with DeLonghi, you can have perfectly layered espresso and espresso-based drinks with a lower-priced machine as well. Also, avoid wasting money on a machine full of features that you don’t need.
If you want to maximize your coffee routine with minimal work, then we’d suggest you go for an espresso machine that comes with an integrated grinder. Of course, it’ll cost you more, but DeLonghi machines that come with integrated grinders have a good reputation in the market. It’ll save you money from buying a separate grinder, and you’ll have a fresh bean-to-cup coffee experience every day with your De’Longhi espresso machine.
Another thing to consider is how many drink options you need. For example, if you drink espresso, latte, and cappuccino, then you need a machine that comes with a frothing wand. Again, it’ll be more expensive than just an espresso maker. In this case, you need to focus on the automatics or the manual machines that come with a good milk frother. The frother is equally important to the machine’s ability to pull a good shot of espresso.
Durability is also very important as each espresso machine is a long-term investment. A good-quality espresso machine generally has stainless steel body parts for its longevity. But there’ll be some plastic-made parts to balance the overall weight of the machine as well.
It is good news for us that DeLonghi machines come with a 1 or 2-year warranty. It generally points out the fact that these machines are well-built and have a longer lifespan. Just remember, full-automatics have many electronic parts in them. So they’d require more frequent, small cleaning cycles.
The shot quality of a machine combines 2 factors—its features and its user competence. If you’re not focused on the nitty-gritty of the drink, then full automatics will serve you best. But if you desire a bit of control over your shots, then go for DeLonghi’s semi-automatics.
Maintenance And Cleaning
This solely depends on your time and effort. Do you want to clean your espresso machine frequently or sparingly? Semi-automatic machines require more attention when it comes to cleaning compared to full automatics.
Generally, the more features your machine has, the more time and effort it’ll take to clean. The same goes for any machine that has multiple removable parts. DeLonghi’s Nespresso machines are the easiest to clean. These capsule machines only need to get rid of the pods and occasional descaling.
Ease of Use
Automated machines are very popular these days. But these machines are very beginner-friendly and easier to operate than semi-automatic machines. DeLonghi even has machines that will make a cappuccino or a latte with the press of a button. Semi-automatic machines, on the other hand, allow more control over the coffee-making process. It’s good for those who want to improve their barista skills.
De’Longhi was established in Italy, back in 1902. The company got its name from its founder. The family still runs the company, with Massimo Garavaglia taking over the CEO role from Fabio De’Longhi in 2020.
De’Longhi began its journey by manufacturing small industrial parts. Later, it branched out to produce kitchen appliances such as heaters, air fryers, and, of course, coffee and espresso machines. Its coffee and espresso machines have become the heart of the brand and the sole reason for its global success.
Currently, De’Longhi is the world’s biggest manufacturer of coffee machines. It generates over $1 billion in yearly sales with millions of loyal users worldwide.
De’Longhi coffee machines are popular because of their reliability and solid construction. DeLonghi also offers a 2-year warranty for its machines. They have a huge array of selections too! If you visit the De’Longhi US website, you’ll find that they have 12 automatics, 16 manuals, 4 all-in-ones, and 55 Nespresso models to choose from. So, finding something for your needs and budget is way easier.
Which De’Longhi Should I Get?
It’s always best to go for any of the La Specialista, Dinamica, or Magnifica series.
Is De’Longhi Dedica Automatic?
The DeLonghi Dedica is a semi-automatic espresso maker.
How Long Do De’Longhi Coffee Machines Last?
On average, DeLonghi machines last for 3–4 years.
What Is De’Longhi Ecam?
ECAM is one of DeLonghi’s most celebrated bean-to-cup automatic coffee machine series.
Is The De’Longhi Coffee Machine Manufactured In Italy?
Not all of them. It shares a dual manufacturing station in China and Italy.
All the machines included in our De’Longhi espresso machine reviews list are capable of making barista-quality espresso for you at home. But these are Delonghi’s cream of the crop from our point of view. We strongly encourage you to explore your suitability in whichever way you can. Because we’ve already mentioned that De’Longhi has a wide range of options available in their stores.
We hope that this article can help you formulate a concise decision for your home coffee experience.