Best quality pour-over gooseneck kettles are for real professional baristas, especially for the pour-over techniques. When utilized correctly, you can control the flow and precision of your coffee with this special type of kettle. Our best gooseneck electric kettle review article will guide you through the various types of gooseneck kettles, their features, and their benefits. Also, some pro tips to find one from the market. So, let’s dive in!
Definition And Purpose Of Electric Gooseneck Kettles
A gooseneck kettle has a narrow and long neck. This neck is where the water pours out from. The neck was traditionally shaped and looked like a gooses’ neck. Hence, known as the gooseneck kettle.
When preparing for the pour-over, you have to slowly pour the water down and follow a circular motion while at it. The curved long neck allows you to control the speed and flows with ease.
The handle of this kettle is built to provide a more comfortable and full-sized grip. The width between the handle and the kettle itself allows enough hand space to hold and maneuver comfortably without touching the hot kettle.
Our List of Best Electric Gooseneck Kettles
Before jumping into the details, have a quick look on the kettles we are gonna review.
COSORI Electric Gooseneck Kettle
Weighs 3.57 lbs. the COSORI kettle is made of stainless steel. Considered one the best electric kettles, this kettle runs on 120V/ 60HZ and 1200 wattage of power. It has a pretty handy dimension of 12 x 9.6 x 7.5 inches which has a capacity of 0.8 liter.
You get exactly what you expect from this machine – quality coffee within the shortest time! Because the kettle follows 5 different temperatures. This ensures maximum control over the water. And that’s why you’ll get an average of 35 minutes of cooking time. The steel prevents any leakage throughout its lifespan. Its key modern features include the kettle safety function and the warming function which makes it easy to use.
It comes with a non-slip handle which also does not absorb any heat from the kettle. For easy storage and to save space it has provided cable storage under its base. A full capacity kettle takes 4 – 5 minutes to bring the water to a boil. Its water capacity is around 27 oz. – good for a 2-person household.
- Precision pour spout.
- Auto turn-off feature.
- Heats up water quickly.
- Available in 2 different colors.
- Originally designed in California.
- Rusting is a possibility.
- Needs drying and descaling too often.
- Full control of the kettle through the smartphone by connecting it to the free VeSync app.
- Features 4 precise temperature presets.
- Hold temperature function keeps water at the same temperature for 60 minutes.
- Precise pouring from the elongated spout and its curved opening.
- With powerful heating, it only takes 3–5 minutes to boil.
Coffee Gator Gooseneck Kettle
Coffee Gator is a popular brand in any best electric kettles category. Coffee Gator Kettle has 2 different size variants – 34 oz. and 40 oz. This kettle has a dimension of 10.15 x 5.6 x 5.2 inches and weighs 1.17 lbs.
The Coffee Gator Kettle is another crowd favorite. Because it comes with a built-in thermometer, meaning no need to get a separate thermometer. Furthermore, its gooseneck spout lets you achieve perfection over your pour-over coffee. Coffee Gator also gives a 100% money-back guarantee on this model. A notable drawback for this kettle is that it has to be filled halfway (despite its 1-liter capacity). Nevertheless, it performs greatly and this drawback is not a deal-breaker.
- The built-in thermometer.
- 100% money-back guarantee.
- Two different capacity variants.
- Stylish stainless-steel-made design.
- You can’t capitalize on the full 1-liter capacity.
- Crafted from high-quality stainless steel with a gooseneck spout for a steady water flow.
- BPA-Free kettle for pour-over coffee works on all stovetops.
- Easy to clean, can be hand washed with a sponge and some dish soap.
- Elongated spout for precise water flow.
- Ergonomic cool-touch handle to protect from the heat.
Hario V60 Buono Gooseneck Kettle
Known one of the best gooseneck kettle brands, this Hario’s gooseneck kettle is made of stainless steel and glass. Like the Coffee Gator model it also has 2 different size variants: 1.2 and 0.8 liter. Overall this machine has a dimension of 21 x 18 x 13 inches.
The Hario kettle is an awesome kettle for achieving total control over your pour-over tea and coffee and French press. The ergonomic design is perfect for those who love to make coffee all the time! This kettle is really practical with its functions and shaped with a small, ergonomic handle that makes this machine easy for tight storage.
The incredibly comfortable handle is easy to hold and does not absorb heat from the stove. A high-quality gooseneck kettle with a slim price and a great option. The V60 not only boils fast but also produces a thin slow-motion stream without any dripping.
- Great control over water flow.
- Lightweight as well as portable.
- Best for stovetop coffee making.
- Ergonomic handle and body design.
- It’s not dishwasher safe.
- Easy to use and offers a thin spout for easy pouring.
- Great for pour-over, drip, or manual coffee brewing. Works perfectly with Hario V60 coffee drippers.
- Minimalist and stylish, Buono perfectly complements any kitchen design.
- Designed and made in Japan
- Ideal for IH ranges, gas, and electric stoves
- Capacity 1.2L, 1200mL. Best when filled to about 800mL.
Bonavita electric kettle requires 1000-watts of power. The gooseneck spout gives you precise control over the pour-over. Bonavita also has a quick heating feature and a 1-year warranty. This smart electric machine also offers an auto shut-off function. This brushed stainless steel and BPA-free plastic-made device have a dimension of 10.25 x 6.00 x 8.50 inches.
With this model, you don’t have to guess your temperature. It lets the users program water temperature between 140° to 212° F degrees. The display also lets you monitor the heat status in real-time. The kettle can preserve temperature for 1 hour.
- Robust handle.
- Easy-to-use digital interface.
- 1-hour temperature maintenance.
- Short cord length.
- Prone to rusting after months of use.
- Adjustable in one-degree increments between 140˚-212˚F (60˚- 98˚C).
- 1000 watts for quick heating.
- Temperature Set Button for quick access to preset brewing temperatures.
- Count-up timer makes it easy to keep track of the brewing process.
- Real-time temperature display.
Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Gooseneck Kettle
The Fellow Stagg kettle comes in 5 different colors for you to choose from. Its matte black, copper, steel polished, matte white, and warm pink colors are all ergonomic and fit well into any kitchen backdrops. This stainless steel-made kettle also comes with a standard 1-liter capacity and requires 120 volts and 1200 watts.
It gained love from the customers and critics alike for its overall functionality and design. Well, Fellow Stagg was already a brand synonymous with sleek and stylish appliances. But they do not without sacrificing any functionality and control.
Its LCD display screen shows you the set temperature of the water. It also allows you to hold temperature for 60-minutes with its stopwatch function. The smooth-pouring spout allows the flow rate of the water perfectly. Hence, it’s more likely to give you the taste that you’re looking for in your coffee. The one and only drawback are that it’s a bit heavier because of the heating element underneath.
- Quick heating program.
- Spout offers precise pouring.
- PID controller and built-in brew stopwatch.
- A bit too small and heavy for some users.
- Aesthetically beautiful and quality made 304 stainless steel kettle body and lid with a minimalist base.
- A sleek LCD screen indicates the desired Set Temperature & Real-Time Temperature.
- The sleek pointed spout is designed for a powerful but precise stream for the optimal pour overflow rate.
- The counterbalanced handle provides a sturdy grip encouraging a slower pour.
- 1200 watt quick-heating element for boiling water.
Bodum Melior Gooseneck Electric Kettle
Bodum Melior electric kettle offers 2-color variants of matte silver and matte black. This gooseneck kettle has a 1.7 lbs. (0.8 liter) water capacity. Bodum used cork and stainless steel to make this model. Melior needs 110 volts to run and the kettle has a dimension of 11.3 x 6.9 x 11.3 inches. This gooseneck kettle weighs 2.68 lbs. which has made it suitable to move around.
Bodum has a strong grip on pour-over-based appliances, particularly French presses. Hence, this lightning-fast kettle works tremendously well for your pour-overs. With just a press of its power switch, you’ll have the hot water in 3 minutes. Please note that this model does not come with a thermometer.
- Fast heating.
- Ideal for French press.
- Stylish, affordable, and easy to use.
- No thermometer.
- Small water capacity.
- Ergonomic Design for easy water flow control.
- Made of durable stainless steel with a sustainable cork handle.
- Handle and knob keep your hands free from the heat.
- Sturdy base boils water at the flick of a switch.
- Kettle detaches from base for a cord-free pour.
Willow & Everett Electric Gooseneck Kettle (With Temperature Presets)
Willow & Everett made this gooseneck kettle with a dimension of 11.8 x 9 x 7.3 inches that weighs about 3.2 lbs. Having a 1-liter capacity, they used only stainless steel to make this model. It requires 1000 watts of power and 120 volts to run. It’s an entry-level gooseneck kettle that has the only purpose of boiling water. But fear not, it certainly won’t disappoint you with its performance.
The sleek and practical design makes it easy to pour and gives complete control over the water flow. The kettle’s temperature setting allows you to set various temperatures which are needed for making different types of drinks. So, now you can make herbal tea and pour-over coffee at 205° F degrees. It has an airtight, leak-proof lid that keeps your hands safe while operating. The automatic switch-off and the keep warm program give you room for other tasks in the meantime.
- Quick boiling under a minute.
- Keep warm and auto turn-off function.
- 100% food-grade stainless steel-made machine.
- Water cools down quicker.
- Needs regular care for best performance.
- The BPA-free plastic handle is ergonomically designed and large enough to comfortably fit an adult-sized hand.
- 1000 watt, 120-volt electric base quickly & conveniently boils water.
- Remembers and holds the previous preset temperature that was last selected.
- 100% refund within 90 days of purchase.
Jocuu Pour Over Coffee Kettle
Stainless steel-toned Jocuu pour-over kettle is made of BPA-free plastic and steel. It heats up 0.8 liter of water with its 1200 watts power consumption capability. This variable temperature gooseneck kettle weighs about 2.83 lbs. and has a compact dimension of 10.51 x 9.45 x 7.6 inches.
Its precise temperature control ranges from 113°F to 212°F and is adjustable in one degree. So, bringing out the typical flavor from various beans/teas is easier than ever with it. Jocuu is quick to boil water in 1 to 3 minutes. Once it reaches the set temperature, the kettle automatically turns off. The boil-dry safety ensures the user’s safety and will hold the warmth for 120 minutes. You can read the real-time temperature from its LED panel. This variable temperature gooseneck kettle can store and maintain the preset temperature you previously selected, thus ensuring consistency of flavor.
The precision pour spout maintains optimal pour-over flow rate, total control, and direction of the stream. No plastic parts touch the water. The tea kettle comes with a 3-year warranty, lifetime technical support, and after-sale services.
- LED panel for heat monitoring.
- Excellent kettle for tea and coffee.
- Auto turn-off and 2-hour keep warm function.
- Easy to use, compact exterior, and great price point.
- Zero insulation and no filter.
- Temperature control is inconsistent.
- Temperature control ranges from 45°C-100°C or 113°F-212°F and is adjustable by one degree for precision.
- Operates at 1200W, boils water in 1-3 minutes, and automatically shuts off once the water reaches the set temperature.
- The memory function remembers and maintains the preset temperature that was selected last time.
- Designed in California, it features a precision pours spout, designed for optimal pour-over flow rate, and gives total control over the speed and direction of the stream.
Coffee Gator True Brew Coffee Kettle
Yes, the 2nd Coffee Gator entry in our list, this True Brew model has a dimension of 12.2 x 7.2 x 6.4 inches. This compact kettle weighs about 1.2 kg (2.7 lbs.) but it can boil about 54 oz. of water at once. Coffee Gator has used premium-grade stainless steel for this kettle.
With this kettle, you don’t need to guess the water temperature. The built-in thermometer will do that for you. Furthermore, no more struggling with gloves to open the lid. With a press of your thumb, the lid will pop up automatically. The steam vents are also designed to avoid any burns on your fingers. Its angled rigid handle prevents accidental burning of your finger while pouring. It’s portable and suited for both gas and electric stovetops.
- Rust-proof build.
- Built-in thermometer.
- Suitable for camping events.
- Hinged lid and angled handle.
- Touchpoints for even water flow.
- Thermometer is difficult to clean.
- Chance of boiled water spilling out.
- Engineered in high-quality stainless steel with a gooseneck spout for steady water.
- Works on any stovetop – from induction to ceramic, to electric.
- Has a gooseneck spout for precise water flow and an ergonomic, removable silicone jacket to protect from the heat.
- Easy-to-read pour-over kettle for coffee designed for ultimate temperature control.
Yabano Gooseneck Pour-Over Electric Kettle
Yabano’s gooseneck 304 stainless steel and BPA-free plastic made kettle weighs 1.87 lbs. while has the standard 1-liter water boiling capacity. For its boiling, it requires a 1000 watt/hour rate of power consumption. This variable temperature gooseneck kettle has a dimension of 12.4 x 7.6 x 8.7 inches.
A small LCD screen shows the user the water temperature in real-time. You’ll also be able to set the temperature for your hot water. The handle is not only ergonomic but also easy to grip. Its best feature is the keep warm setting. For 30 minutes, it allows the water to stay warm.
The integrated thermometer lets you switch between 4 modes. Blends for babies (140°F), green tea (185°F), instant coffee (194°F), and black tea (212°F). It takes only 2-4 minutes to heat up the water.
- Variable temperature control.
- 30 minutes of keep warm function.
- 2-year warranty and ergonomic design.
- Inaccurate temperature control occurs.
- The simple one-touch on/off switch button is easy for operating.
- Integrated thermometer displays the ideal brewing temperature.
- Takes 2-4 minutes to heat a full kettle to boiling with 1000-watt power.
- 60% more efficient than traditional stovetops in reducing your daily electricity use.
- Auto Shut-Off and Dry Boil protection shut down the kettle when the water is fully boiling or the kettle is nearly empty.
COSORI CO108-NK Electric 0.8L Kettle
Weighing 3.52 lbs. and holding a dimension of 12.09 x 9.45 x 7.76 inches, our 2nd COSORI entry in the list, the model NK has an impressive 0.8 liter of boiling capacity. The requisite power consumption rate is 1200W / 120V by which it takes only 3-5 minutes to boil a full kettle of water.
This variable temperature gooseneck kettle offers 5 precise temperature modes. Additionally, it also has a keep-warm function. This automated British STRIX thermostat technology holds the water temperature for 60 minutes.
The food-grade stainless steel-made housing, lid, and spout keep the perfect taste for your tea and coffee. The spout pours with precision and the counterbalanced handle helps a steady pouring by moving the center of the mass back to your hand.
- 5 temperature modes.
- 3-5 minutes of boiling time.
- All 304 food-safe stainless steel made.
- Auto turn-off, memory storing, and hold temperature features.
- Precise pour control combined with the ability to shift mass by the handle.
- Bad user interface design and short lifespan.
- Keep Warm function automatically keeps water at the same temperature for 60 minutes.
- The 1200 watts of power boil a full kettle in just 3-5 minutes.
- Features British STRIX thermostat technology, auto shut-off after the water gets desired temperature.
- Precision pour spout is designed for the optimal pour-over flow rate.
- The counterbalanced handle helps keep the pour steady and moves the center of mass back towards the hand.
QCUQ Pour-Over Electric Kettle
QCUQ’s 0.8-liter capacity, a stainless steel-made electric kettle is the newest among the listed products. It comes with a black and white color variant. It weighs 4.2 lbs. and runs on 1200W power to boil water for under 4 minutes. The dimension of the kettle is 12.8 x 9.45 x 7.83 inches and it’s made with 304 food-grade stainless steel.
With a to-the-degree temperature design, you can turn the dial to select the temp between 100°F to 212°F. After reaching your pre-set temperature, the kettle will automatically keep it warm for 10 minutes. But you can extend it to 120 minutes. The sleek and large LCD display will help you to set the temp and monitor the temp. The on display stopwatch will help you keep track of the brewing process. The kettle also comes with a ready alert that beeps when the water is ready. You mute the alert too! The balanced body design and heat-resistant handle ensure comfortability while pouring.
- Heats up quickly.
- Re-programmable heating method.
- Reduces the noise when water reaches its boiling point.
- The beeping is not loud enough for you to hear from another room.
- After reaching the desired temperature, the kettle will automatically hold it for 10 min, and the hold time can be extended to 120 min.
- A large and sleek LCD display indicates the “Set Temp”, “Real Temp” and Stopwatch to help track of brewing process.
- A balanced body build and heat-resistant handle encourage a more comfortable and longer time of pour.
- There is no screw in the kettle housing that makes no rust issues even after years of use.
- Made with 304 food-grade stainless steel. There is no silicon or plastic aside from the temp sensor.
Buying Tips For An Electric Gooseneck Kettle
Now, that you’ve seen our list of the best gooseneck kettles, we want to share the crucial factors that you should notice when getting a gooseneck kettle for your kitchen or workspace. These additional factors will help you muster the correct decision when you are out shopping.
Most pour-over kettles offer a 1-liter capacity. Very few will offer more than that. Now, based on your demands the capacity will differ. If you need a kettle that will be able to serve a group of people, you will require more liters. However, for a single or double person set-up, half to a liter is more than good enough. Regardless of the capacity, don’t fill it up to the brim. It will cause water spillage when it reaches boiling temperature.
Material And Design
You should also look closely at the material the gooseneck kettle is made of. The most reliable ones are made of aluminum or high-grade stainless steel. Manufacturers are always trying to find invent better gooseneck kettles since rusting is a common issue with it. Also, go for the easy cleaning and maintenance type of kettles. Plastic and cheap metallic-made kettles rust, wear out and crack very quickly. Remember, most gooseneck kettles have similar structures and designs. Yet, some may have a decent level of aestheticism with them. Well, then that would be your chance to have an aesthetic appliance in your kitchen.
Some gooseneck kettles pour very slowly, while some pour quicker. At the end of the day, buy the kettle that pours with an even velocity. Because that’s the mark of the best gooseneck kettle. Also, the pour-over itself is a learning process. Don’t get frustrated with your kettle if you haven’t mastered the skill. A good flow of water and control of the flow are the 2 critical factors of good brewing. So, a good gooseneck kettle should not be sloshing out or drool.
Any top-tier gooseneck kettle will have a comfortable and safe handle. The kind of handle that avoids slipping or burning. These days you can even find some with ergonomic designs. Regardless you should stand away from your kettle when you are pouring boiling hot water. Don’t buy a kettle with a pretty-looking handle but offers no comfort or safety.
For efficiency and comfortability, we admire additional features. Recently, the variable temperature control in these kettles is becoming the norm. It lets you control the temperature depending on your drink preference. Different types of coffee and tea require different temperature settings. An in-built thermometer gauge allows you to check when the water is boiled. Additionally, the lid of the kettle must be safe for the user’s touching when the water is boiling.
Why Should You Use A Gooseneck Kettle?
The gooseneck kettles were specifically designed for pour-over brew methods. Here are some of the reasons why we recommend adding a gooseneck kettle into your kitchen armory.
Better Control Of Flow Rate
The gooseneck kettle’s curved, thin, and long neck gives more stability and control over the flow rate pouring over the coffee grounds. It facilitates more even contact between the water and the grounds. As a result, you can achieve more consistent extraction thoroughly and ultimately leads to more flavorful cups with each brew.
Using a gooseneck kettle basically enables more quality manual brewing. Manual brewing helps you achieve a better-tasting coffee. It all begins with the correct water boiling temperature before brewing. Coffee brews best between 195 to 205°F degrees.
- With a kettle, you’ll be able to easily pour the water over your coffee right after the water boils. So, the water will be at an optimal temp.
- Then, the controlled and circular motioned flow of water over the grounds will give you better coffee. This precise pouring helps you to place the water exactly where you want and avoid any dry spots in the coffee bed.
- This even distribution of water contact over the coffee grounds ensures maximum even extraction. Thus, extracting all of the good flavors from the coffee. Under-extracted coffee tastes thin and watery. Over-extracted coffee is very bitter and intense. This is how a better pour leads to better extraction and in turn leads to a better-tasting cup of coffee.
Greater Grip Comfort
The gooseneck kettle’s handle plays a massive role. The placement gives the user a comfortable fuller grip. It also stops accidental scalding by preventing any chance of contacting the user’s hand with the kettle’s hot body during pouring.
Difference Between An Electric And A Manual Gooseneck Kettle
No matter what kind of electric gooseneck kettle reviews you would be reading on the internet, the distinctions between them must be underlined. The 2 types of gooseneck kettles are Manual and Electric. When picking between the two, it’s important to remember the points below.
- Regardless of the kettle type, the optimal water temperature for coffee brewing lies between 195°F (90°C) to 205°F (96°C).
- Manual gooseneck kettles are suitable to work with a direct heat source to boil the water. Gooseneck kettle requires electricity to boil the water.
- Electric gooseneck kettles also have an in-built temperature control setup. It allows you to dial precisely and set desired water temperature.
- Manual kettle temperature control depends on the kettle’s body material, even heating, and a bit of experience to understand the correct temperature.
- Electric gooseneck kettles are relatively more expensive. Because it negates a lot of guesswork during brewing and ensures more consistent repeatable results.
- The auto-off switch function of electric kettles also saves any potentially overheating and severe burns.
Different Types Of Kettle
This is the most common type of kettle seen in modern households. The electric kettle offers a hassle-free way to heat up water using heat energy from electricity. An electric kettle is predominantly applied to boil water for coffee or tea. Electric kettles are the fastest to heat up water. The most obvious benefit is that they are not required to be used on a stove. Electric kettles function with a bimetallic switch in the handle of the kettle. Electric kettles control their programmed temperature with either a resettable fuse or a thermocouple.
Stove Top Kettles
These kettles are usually used with a hob or heated source. A full pot can sit on the base for 10 – 20 minutes before it’s ready. Typically these are made with cast iron, copper, and steel – more durable materials than electric kettles. If you require a kettle that is capable of taking in the highest temperate, even past the boiling point, a stovetop kettle will be the best choice. This type of kettle requires more manual control thus carries a more rewarding experience.
These kettles offer an elegant stainless steel aesthetic. These types of kettles are essentially pots that have a long and narrow spout and are made ergonomically. In turn, it ensures better flavor extraction and controlled pour. Majority of the electric gooseneck kettles reviews agreed on this factor. Thus making it a popular face among coffee lovers. The grip of this handle has to be extremely comfortable. Because it allows you to get a hold of the kettle without contacting the base.
Are Gooseneck Kettles Good?
The long, tapered, and angled spout of a gooseneck kettle gives you a better precision as well as smoother pouring over the coffee grounds. As a result, gooseneck kettles lead you to a more flavored and evenly brewed cup of coffee or tea easily and consistently.
What Are The Possible Substitutes For A Gooseneck Kettle?
Your alternatives for a gooseneck kettle start with something that doesn’t require precise pouring and doesn’t rely on coffee dripping. Yes, we are talking about an AeroPress or a clever coffee dripper. You can also use another simple method – just use a good funnel or a strainer.
Is A Gooseneck Kettle Necessary For Pour-Over Coffee?
For the maximum quality and consistency – Yes, absolutely. A gooseneck kettle is used exclusively for pour-overs. You need the water to be at the correct temp. Then you have to pour that water over the coffee grounds so that the water comes in contact with the ground evenly around. This controlled pouring ensures maximum contact, which leads to maximum flavor extraction.
Do Gooseneck Tea Kettles Whistle?
No, they do not have such an option. We must admit this is one of the structural drawbacks of any gooseneck tea or coffee kettle.
Do You Need A Kettle For Chemex?
Yes! It does. Since Chemex is a manual pour-over brewing method just like the Hario V60, it requires precision pouring to have the best outcome. For manual brewing, using a gooseneck kettle will make your coffee taste better. Because, you’ll be able to easily brew your coffee right off the boil, as the water will be at the optimal temp.
Is Pour-Over Coffee Filter Coffee?
The pour-over method requires pouring hot water through the coffee grounds in a filter. The water drains through the coffee first and then through the filter and into a mug or carafe. Hence, pour-over is simply known as drip or filter coffee.
To put the finishing touches on our best electric gooseneck kettle review, we must admit that, before buying make sure to check if the steel is 304 food-safe grade and the plastic bits are BPA-free. Then see if the kettle is easy to clean and if the build is good for a long lifespan. Also, make sure to clean the kettle once a month. Most of the good-quality, no-nonsense kettles offer a warranty. Additional features may include a temperature detector, LED/LCD display, settings storage, etc. We hope our guide helps you have a prime-grade gooseneck kettle for your home.