Do you love the rich, full-bodied flavor of espresso?
A cup of rich, creamy, and aromatic espresso is a great way to kick-start a day. But regularly paying coffee shop prices or acquiring a high-end machine might not be a sustainable solution for you.
So, do you wish you could make café-quality espresso at home without spending a fortune?
If so, then read on—I have the perfect machines for you! The best espresso machine under $200 is within your reach.
In this article, I’ll tell you all about it and show you how to get the most delicious espressos possible.
So what are you waiting for? Start reading!
- Reviewing The Best Espresso Machines Under $200
- Things You Should Look For In A $200 Espresso Machine
Reviewing The Best Espresso Machines Under $200
Thanks to the immense improvement in production standards and volume, espresso machines come in a lot of varieties, specialties, and price ranges. So we’ve looked around and optimized this list based on some of the key aspects for machines that are under $200. Efficiency, maintenance, aesthetics, build quality, and requisite operational skills are those aspects.
The enlisted espresso machines are…
- Compact and contemporary design
- 15 BAR pump pressure for rich espresso
- Manual milk frother for textured milk
- Stainless steel boiler for durability and consistent performance
- 2-level cup holder
The Stilosa is an elegantly designed manual espresso machine that offers quality espresso, latte, and cappuccino in the comfort of your own home. For the year 2022, it has made it into our best espresso machine under 200’s list, and you’ll see why.
The Stilosa’s heart is its durable stainless steel boiler, which guarantees years of consistent performance and longevity. Its auto shut-off mode also adds to the lifespan of the machine by minimizing power consumption.
Its 15-bar pump provides optimal pressure for a rich single or double shot of espresso. This ergonomically designed model has 2 portafilter filters for single and double shots. The manual milk frother creates café-styled rich, creamy, and thick milk froth for lattes and cappuccinos. At the bottom, the removable drip tray enables 2-level cup holders for taller cups.
The Stilosa is made with plastic and stainless steel and weighs 9.48 lbs. Its sleek design makes an eye-catching addition to any kitchen countertop without taking up too much space. Both the 33.8 oz. water tank (with water level indicator) and the drip tray are detachable. Its compact body has a dimension (WxDxH) of 8.07 x 13.5 x 11.22 inches.
- 1-year product warranty
- Sleek design and robust build quality
- It makes quality shots of espresso and milk froth
- It works with both ground coffee and espresso pods
- No cup warmer
- It’s noisy when operational
- Brew authentic barista-quality beverages like cafes
- Adjustable controls to make modifications for personal taste preferences
- Variety of drink options with just one machine
- Compact design and sleek profile
- Easy to remove the water tank and drip tray for easy cleanup
The ECP3120 brews authentic barista-quality beverages with the help of 15-bar pump pressure and the Advanced Cappuccino System.
Its 3-in-1 filter gives you the freedom to brew single and double shots as well as ESE pods whenever you like. And then you can top it off with a rich, creamy layer of froth using the manual frother. The advanced cappuccino system also controls the optimal temperature for continuous brewing.
The drip tray of the ECP3120 is easy to adjust and detach to fit taller cups or mugs. Its sleek profile and small footprint easily fit on a kitchen countertop without taking up too much space. It only weighs 10.65 lbs. and has a dimension (WxDxH) of 7.2 x 9.6 x 11.9 inches. Both the 38-ounce water tank and the drip tray are simple to remove, reattach, and clean.
- Cup warming tray on top
- Single knob with indicator light
- Hot water tap and an auto shut-off function
- Excellent espresso maker with rich, smooth cream
- It doesn’t have the longevity as the other DeLonghi models
Nespresso Essenza Mini
- Get the smallest and sleekest espresso maker
- Achieve barista-style coffee drinks with one touch
- Ideal for single-serve coffee needs
- Includes complimentary starter set of Nespresso capsules
Nespresso’s smallest but boldest single-serve espresso machine is the Essenza Mini. This compact espresso machine is effortlessly portable and uncompromising on lungo and espresso shots. The machine comes with a complimentary starter set of 16 Nespresso capsules.
Thanks to its one-touch extraction system and 19-bar pressure, it delivers barista-style drinks every time. The water reaches the ideal brewing temperature in 25 seconds and the machine itself heats up in under 30 seconds. No energy is wasted as the eco and auto shut-off modes kick in after 2 minutes and 9 minutes of inactivity, respectively.
Essenza Mini offers adjustable drink sizes with programmable espresso (1.35 oz.) and lungo (5 oz.) buttons. You can even pour over some ice to create iced coffee drinks. You can remove the drip tray to fit in taller mugs or cups as well.
The machine has a removable 20.3 oz. water tank at the back. The model weighs only 5.1 lbs. and has a small dimension (WxHxD) of 3.3 x 8 x 12.9 inches.
- Fast heat-up time
- Drink sizes can be customized
- It’s one of the smallest espresso makers
- The capsule container can hold up to 6 used capsules
- No integrated milk system
- No empty water tank detection
- Make a variety of coffee and espresso drinks
- Get barista-grade results with the touch of a button
- Automatically shuts off after 9 minutes of inactivity
- Energy-saving features
The VertuoPlus allows for 4 single-serve drink sizes with the touch of a button. It has the unique feature of dual-capsule brewing for both espresso and coffee pods.
It does a superior extraction with the help of Nespresso’s Centrifusion technology. The VertuoPlus brews 5 oz., 7.77 oz., 14 oz., and double shots conveniently. It scans the RFID instructions for the pods and adjusts the brewing parameters accordingly. Additionally, it has an automatic capsule ejection container that holds up to 10 large used capsules.
Just like the Essenza Mini, it has 20–25 seconds of heat-up time as well as an auto shut-off feature. It has a large 40 oz. (60 oz. in the deluxe version) removable water tank that can also be adjusted to fit in tight spaces. It has a dimension (WxDxH) of 9.8 x 13.3 x 12.7 inches and weighs only 10 lbs.
- Adjustable large water tank
- Available in a variety of colors
- Automatic insertion and ejection of capsules
- Includes a complimentary Nespresso starter capsule set
- Only works with Nespresso Vertuo capsules
Mr. Coffee ECMP50
- Brew rich espresso with just the push of a button
- Froth milk for creamy cappuccinos and lattes in seconds
- Make two single shots at once for quick and easy brewing
- Keep your brew space neat and tidy with the removable, washable drip tray
Mr. Coffee’s ECMP50, also known as the Automatic Dual Shot Machine, produces authentic and bold espresso drinks just like you want them. To quench your latte or cappuccino thirst, make a single or double shot and use the frother to quickly steam and froth the milk.
After getting ready to brew in a few minutes, it uses a thermal block heating system and a 15-bar pump to pull quality, rich espresso shots that come out with an impressive layer of crema.
It has a removable 40 oz. vertical water tank, which is effortless to refill and clean. There’s an indicator that alerts you when the process is finished as well. The ECMP50 model has a dimension (WxDxH) of 11.45 x 10.63 x 9.45 inches and weighs only 8.94 lbs.
- The frother makes a rich and velvety froth
- Thermal block heating provides barista-quality speed and heating
- The powerful 15-bar pump pressure extracts dark and rich espresso
- The double-shot brewing method allows for the simultaneous production of two single shots
- The model is constructed cheaply
- The frother tube is awkwardly placed
Flair Manual Espresso Maker
- Produce professional-quality shots of espresso from your home
- A grinder (preferable: burr) is essential for use with this product
- 100% human-powered, manual espresso press
- The only espresso maker with a completely detachable brewing head
- All Flair Espresso Makers come standard with our precision cut and padded carrying case
The Flair Manual Espresso Maker is an elegant way to handcraft your own espresso whether you’re at home or outdoors. A simple press of the lever produces delicious espresso, topped with thick crema. It’s a machine for seasoned veterans, aspiring baristas, and connoisseurs alike. To get the full handcrafted experience, you’ll need hot water, freshly ground coffee beans, and a burr grinder.
It works with 60ml of boiled water and 13–18g of ground coffee to yield a 40–45ml espresso shot with beautiful crema. Flair uses its patented, completely detachable brewing head. It allows users to completely remove it, separate the parts, and rinse them under cold water. It has an upgraded and robust base, post, and lever! Flair used durable cast aluminum and stainless steel for this espresso maker. Hence, the Flair Espresso maker has a place in this best espresso machines under 200$ list.
It comes with a standard precision cut and padded carrying case (9 x 12.5 x 3.25 inches) for easy and safe portability. The machine weighs only 5 lbs. and has a dimension (WxDxH) of 6 x 12 x 10 inches. The maximum water capacity is 60ml and the lever press range is 6–9 bars. The average brew length is 30–45 seconds.
- Comes with a carrying case
- Easy to disassemble and clean
- The Flair is a 100% human-powered manual espresso machine
- The aluminum press stand and the stainless steel brew-head have a 3-year warranty
- The machine demands micromanagement
- Costs more than most other manual machines
- The perfect coffee machine for any interior design
- Fast and automatic – makes 9 cups of coffee without refilling
- 2 programmable buttons for espresso and lungo
- Adjustable cup size to fit any mug
- Energy efficient mode shuts off after 9 minutes
With the Inissia, you can make espressos or lungos with the touch of a button—so simple yet so clever! The foldable cup support allows for small or taller coffee cups whenever you like. Its tiny footprint and compact but lightweight body let it fit perfectly into any interior design.
In just one touch and 25 seconds later, the water reaches the ideal temperature. The Nespresso Inissia produces barista-style coffee thanks to its patented Centrifusion extraction system, which goes up to 19-bar pressure. You’ll be able to brew up to 9 cups of coffee without having to refill its detachable 24 oz. water tank. You can also adjust the cup sizes with 2 programmable espresso and lungo buttons.
Inissia, by default, works with 2 cup sizes: espresso (1.35 oz.) and lungo (5 oz.). And with the inclusion of an auto shut-off function after 9 minutes of inactivity, you wouldn’t have to worry about switching it off either.
Inissia weighs only 5.3 lbs. and has a dimension (WxDxH) of 4.8 x 12.6 x 9.1 inches. The used capsule container can hold 9–11 used capsules at once.
- 25-second quick heat-up time
- Inissia has a 1-year product warranty
- Energy-saving and auto shut-off modes
- It comes with a welcome pack of 16 Nespresso Grands Crus capsules
- It’s a noisy machine
- It has no integrated milk system
- Make incredible single and double espressos in minutes
- Fully programmable for your perfect cup of coffee
- Compatible with OriginalLine Nespresso capsules
- Auto-eject capsules for easy cleanup
The EM-15 is a professional-quality espresso machine that will be the centerpiece of any kitchen. Its 19-bar pump pressure helps to produce intensely flavored espresso with a rich, velvety smooth crema on top.
Through its simplistic screen and 3-tab interface, it lets users select and customize drinks’ strength, temperature, and standby time. Just insert your pod into the machine and select either a single espresso (1.4 ounces) or a double espresso (3.2 ounces). The used capsules get ejected right into an internal capsule container. The EM-15 is compatible with Nespresso OriginalLine capsules as well. Please note that the used capsule container can hold 12 used pods.
Through its energy-saving mode, it becomes idle after 30 minutes of nonuse. This sleek espresso machine weighs 9 lbs. and has a dimension (WxDxH) of 13.5 x 5.75 x 9.5 inches, which will fit into most tight spaces. Its detachable water tank has a capacity of 24 oz. and a dishwasher-safe removable drip tray.
- It has a 2-year warranty
- Heats up the water fairly quickly
- Nespresso OriginalLine capsules are compatible
- Three programmable functions: brew strength, temperature, and standby time
- It has no integrated milk system
- It’s said to be very loud and noisy
- Pods are expensive and not conveniently available
Things You Should Look For In A $200 Espresso Machine
Now that you’ve completed reading our list of the best espresso machines under $200, you’re ready to go shopping! But which mainstay features should you be looking for? Continue reading to find out the important features of a $200 espresso machine.
In this price range, machines do come with limited capabilities, meaning they will be small-sized machines. To cancel that out, your $200 machine should have a dashing look, one that elevates your kitchen aesthetics.
If you’re an experienced user, you may be interested in a hands-on manual machine. If you’re not interested in the nooks and crannies, your best bet is a semi-automatic machine. In the $200 and under price range, you won’t find full-automatic machines.
Ease of Cleaning
Espresso machines require a lot of care, regardless of their price tag. If such tasks are a nuisance to you, try to find a machine that offers automated cleaning features.
Espresso machines in this price range are mostly lightweight and thus portable. Some of them are ideal for office spaces, some are ideal for outdoors. Even for home users, portability is a positive feature, as it’ll offer more options for your kitchen space.
Always keep in mind your consumption rate and the number of drinkers your machine will have. In this way, you can pick a machine with the proper water capacity.
Espresso machines in this range will almost surely offer 15 bars of pump pressure. This is more than good enough as you’d be able to start the extraction from 7-9 bars of ideal pressure point.
Ideally, your espresso machine should make quality shots out of fresh coffee grounds. There are machines that also allow pre-ground coffee and easy-serve espresso (ESE) pods. If you like to have such a setup, you can find them, even in the $200 price range.
Espresso machines are complicated and require repair work from time to time. So, if you can find a machine that comes with at least a one-year warranty, you deserve a pat on your back.
Can You Get A Good Espresso Machine For Under $200?
You can get a machine that will make you very good espresso and offer a decent milk system. Judging by how the coffeemaker market works, that is a good espresso machine in this price range.
How Much Does A Good Espresso Machine Cost?
If we consider functionality, drink quality, customization, and longevity, a truly good espresso machine should cost in the range of $500 and above.
Is It Worth Buying A Nespresso Machine?
A Nespresso machine is ideal for a casual drinker, a person who has a hectic schedule, or a lone drinker.
Are 3.5 Bars Enough For Espresso?
No, the ideal pressure for making a true espresso shot falls in the range of 6 – 9 BAR.
What Is The Difference Between Nespresso Delonghi And Breville?
Specification-wise, none at all. Depending on the maker, the exterior designs can be slightly different.
Is Nespresso Vertuo Worthy?
Yes, but only if you’re looking for an affordable machine for good-quality coffee and espresso.
Our list of the best espresso machine under 200 dollars shows that you can always find smart and efficient espresso makers regardless of the price range. Useful features, an easy interface, and quality extraction have made these brewers “great value for the money” as well. We hope our list with comprehensive reviews of each model will help you find a great option with no headache.
If you’re looking for ideal entry-level espresso machines under the $500 price range, you can check out our review article on the best espresso machines for under $500 right here!