Do you love coffee? Do you want to make the best cup of coffee possible right in your own home? If so, then you need to invest in a quality espresso machine.
There might be a few factors behind an undesirable cup of coffee, such as a lack of expertise or an inadequate espresso machine. Why not choose a lovely and handy espresso machine that can produce the required quality espresso if you are certain about your brewing abilities?
Not all machines are created equal, however, so it can be tough to know which one is right for you. That’s where we come in!
In this article, we will discuss the best home espresso machines on the market and help you decide which one is perfect for your needs. Make sure to read our detailed buying guide and FAQ section to get a clear concept of how you should proceed.
- Philips Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
- De'Longhi Dinamica Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
- Philips Carina Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Flair Signature Manual Espresso Machine
- Nespresso Pixie Pod
- EspressoWorks All-In-One
- De'Longhi Stilosa EC260 Espresso Machine
- How does the espresso taste?
- Can espresso machines make lattes or cappuccinos?
- Can you make espresso at home without a machine?
- What is a Milk Frother?
Home Espresso Machines: What And Why?
With a home espresso machine, you can make barista-quality espresso in no time. These machines are handy and perfect for coffee connoisseurs who want to brew excellent espresso like they would at a coffee shop.
If you have the right skill and a quality espresso machine, then there’s no need to spend money on coffee shops. Purchase a machine and implement your brewing in making your desired espresso or a machine that can do everything for you.
When choosing an espresso machine, make a rough plan. If you have a limited budget, the cost should be the first element of your planning. Now, look for options within your budget and choose the most probable best espresso machine. When purchasing an espresso machine, make sure to think about size, material, and overall aesthetics. These are some crucial things to consider when buying an espresso machine. However, There’s more about these factors in our buying guide section, so read that before making your final decision!
If you are looking for the best espresso machine possible, think about how much counter space you have and what kind of style your kitchen has. Don’t worry if you’re having trouble deciding which espresso machine to buy. Our article will answer any questions you may have and provide you with a better understanding of what to look for before making your purchase.
Best Home Espresso Machines: Product Reviews
The best home espresso machine for you depends on your budget and your needs. Some espresso machines come with built-in grinders, while others do not. Some have milk frothers, while others do not. Consider what features are most important to you before making your decision. Espresso machines can range in price from around $100 to several thousand dollars.
Let’s explore why we have picked these 9 espresso makers as the best espresso machines for home.
Philips Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
- Easily grind the coffee beans to desired consistency with its 12-step grinder adjustment
- It has durable ceramic grinders that will last for up to 20,000 cups of coffee
- The AquaClean filter lets you make up to 5,000 cups of coffee without descaling
- Dishwasher-safe parts make it easy to clean – simply remove the brewing group and put it in the dishwasher
- Make Espresso, hot water, cappuccino, coffee, latte macchiato, and americano with this one machine
This espresso machine is amazingly affordable, and you can make multiple types of espresso drinks perfectly with its durable grinder, milk frother, and convenient touch display. Buyers are also pleased to purchase this machine.
This is a fantastic cutting-edge, fully automatic espresso machine that comes with an affordable price tag. Lots of buyers are happy to have this as they can get almost coffee shop quality drinks from such simple equipment!
As we all know, an automatic espresso machine can do everything to deliver great cups of espresso. It does everything on its own, from grinding coffee beans to filling the cup with rich flavored espresso. Therefore, some folks are used to calling themselves baristas.
Philips LatteGo is easy to use, even for those who have never used one before. The touch display control panel makes it convenient to operate. With this machine, you can make five different types of coffee drinks as well as hot water for tea or noodles.
This espresso machine comes with a ceramic burr grinder that can be adjusted to 12 different grind sizes, from coarse to fine. The ceramic grinder is known for its durability and quality grinding output. The milk frother is well-engineered and great for adding creamy milk foam to your espresso when making a latte or cappuccino.
The bean hopper is large and holds one pound of beans effortlessly. This espresso maker comes with a large water tank that can hold up to 1.8 liters of water. The included AquaClean Filter ensures you make up to 5000 cups before descaling the machine. The dimensions of this machine are 20.08 x 19.84 x 12.44 inches. It weighs about 21.1 pounds.
- Convenient touchscreen control panel
- Top-class milk frother
- Multiple coffee drinks making capabilities
- Large bean hopper and durable ceramic burr grinder
- Removable parts are dishwasher-safe
- Plastic-made body
De’Longhi Dinamica Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
- Get a smooth, full-bodied cup of iced coffee every time with the True Brew process
- Heat-up time is less than 40 seconds
- The bean-to-cup brewing system ensures the freshest cup of coffee possible every time
- Frothier lets you customize steam and foam levels for rich, creamy lattes and cappuccinos – without any barista experience required!
The machine has a super convenient control system for making cafe-quality coffee within your home. Its elegant design and compact size can fit any kitchen. Brewing iced coffee is a plus, which you won’t find in the other two types.
De’Longhi Dinamica from De’Longhi is one of the oldest manufacturers in this coffee maker manufacturing industry. This machine is a bit more pricey compared to the previous two ones. And why not invest in such a machine while you are about to get superior convenience in making espresso or other coffee beverages?
This espresso machine is cutting-edge, with an elegant user interface and a touchscreen control panel. You can make espresso, espresso lungo, drip coffee, and iced coffee effortlessly.
Moreover, you can make a double shot of espresso at a time by clicking the double espresso button. Make sure to click the X2 button while brewing double shots so that your espresso will taste strong.
Dinamica espresso machine features a durable steel burr coffee grinder with 13 grind size adjustments. You can make espresso using your pre-ground coffee as well. The water tank is pretty large and is located on the right side of this machine.
The manual milk frother can make excellent and smooth milk froth. This frother also allows you to add hot water, which may be used for instant hot tea, noodles, or hot chocolate.
The drip tray and brew group are removable, therefore easy to clean using the dishwasher. Lastly, the Dinamica espresso machine comes with a two-year and an additional one-year warranty for the product’s registration.
- Convenient control panel with lots of functionality
- Large water reservoir which is made of transparent plastic hence easy to see the water level
- Removable parts are dishwasher-safe for cleaning effortlessly
- The drip tray has an indicator that lets the user know when the tray is full
- Well-engineered milk frother for making velvety foam as well as on-demand hot water
- Comes with a bit higher price tag compared to the other two types
Philips Carina Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Easily make delicious coffee drinks from fresh beans with a touch of a button
- The Classic Milk Frother dispenses steam to create smooth milk froth for cappuccinos or lattes
- You can pick your favorite coffee using the intuitive touchscreen
- The aroma Extract system intelligently strikes the optimum balance between brewing temperature and aroma extraction
- The removable brew group makes it easy to clean under the tap
If you are happy with the manual Pannarello milk frother, then this espresso machine should be a great pick for you. You can get almost everything that you can get from Philips EP3241, but you have the opportunity to save a few hundred bucks.
Another one from Philips, did you get it? Carina is a super-automatic machine, which is pretty similar to the Philips EP3241 machine. So, what’s the difference between these two types?
Both of them look pretty similar, as we have mentioned earlier, in terms of their interface. However, some of the features are missing, which can be obtained from the Philips EP3241 machine. In Philips Carina, there are only two types of brew options, coffee, and espresso.
Because of the LatteGo technology system of Philips EP3241, you won’t need to froth the milk manually. Just pour the milk into the rounded frothing chamber and select your desired coffee beverage. That’s what you have to do, and the machine will do the rest in delivering rich flavored authentic espresso, lattes, or cappuccino.
On the other hand, Philips Carina features a Panarello steam wand for manual milk frothing. Therefore, if you want to make Latte or Cappuccino, you have to brew espresso first, then froth the milk with the steam wand, and then add the foam to the espresso. The machine is not so big as it comes with just 17 x 9.5 x 14.5 inches of dimensions.
Like the EP3241 machine, it also has a durable Ceramic made burr coffee grinder with 12 grind size adjusting options. The Philips Carina is compatible with the AquaClean filter, which will let you go up to 5000 cups without descaling. For this price range, this machine is more than enough to use as a home espresso machine.
- Easy-to-use touch control panel
- Large water reservoir and bean hopper
- Bypass Doser for using pre-ground coffee
- Elegant shiny black plastic-made machine
- Effortless Pannarello Steam wand for frothing as well as on-demand hot water
- Plastic-made body material
- AquaClean filter doesn’t come with the packaging. You have to purchase it separately
Flair Signature Manual Espresso Machine
- Produce café-quality shots of espresso from your home
- Get immediate visual feedback with the pressure gauge
- Smoothly remove the brewing head and rinse under cool water
- Take your manual espresso maker anywhere you’d like with the carrying case
- Made from durable materials and backed by a 3-year warranty
The flair espresso machine is entirely human-powered. You can control everything to get a great cup of espresso. Under 300 bucks, this pretty-looking espresso machine could be a great addition to your coffee corner.
The Flair Signature espresso machine is slightly different from the other machine in this best manual home espresso machine review. All the parts of this machine come in an enticing bag. The machine is made of durable stainless steel and aluminum. The Group head of this machine is completely detachable; therefore, effortless for cleaning.
You will get a pretty-looking tamper and a pressure gauge with this machine. Because of its sturdy build condition, it becomes one of the best manual home espresso machines. Moreover, with its nice-looking bag, you can take the machine with you, whether you’re traveling, camping, or doing other outdoor activities.
Each part of this machine is detachable, and we recommend you rinse them using cool water. With this manual espresso machine, you can make great cups of espresso in no time as you have full control over the extraction. Both the stainless steel brewing head and aluminum-made press are backed by five years of warranty.
- Durable cast aluminum and stainless steel made machine
- Provide full control of extraction
- All the parts of this machine are detachable and hence easy to clean
- Comes in a pretty-looking bag, which makes the machine portable
- The instruction manual is easy to understand
- The Machine needs some manual effort in delivering coffee shop-quality espresso
Nespresso Pixie Pod
- The unique high-pressure pump allows for a barista-style result
- The system heats up quickly and automatically turns off after 9 minutes
- Programmable with two one-touch buttons for your favorite coffee or espresso recipes
- The red blacklights light up to let you know when the water tank needs to be refilled
- The folding drip tray accommodates larger single-serve cups and recipes such as lattes or cappuccinos
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make espresso, check out this affordable pod machine. If you’re in a rush and want a decent cup of espresso, this could be a good option for you.
Nespresso Pixie is a pod-compatible espresso machine that comes with some innovative functionalities. The machine is made of plastic and the Titan color gives it a decent look that every coffee lover loves.
It features a 0.7 liters capacity water tank located at the backside of this machine. To make a cup of espresso, lift the lever and place the pod in the proper place, and then put down the lever again.
Now, you are ready to brew, but how? You will see two buttons at the top of the machine. The small coffee icon button means espresso, and the other one is Lungo. The drip tray is foldable; hence you can place a large cup for making beverages like lattes or cappuccinos.
After using a pod for making espresso, lift and close the lever to eject the spent pod into an internal receptacle. As a complimentary gift, you will get a set of Nespresso Capsules with the packaging. For descaling the machine, the manufacturer recommended using a descaling solution instead of using vinegar.
- Compact Design and Lightweight
- Ergonomically made for superior convenience
- You can order Nespresso Capsules through their mobile app
- The drip tray is foldable
- The machine automatically turns off after 9 minutes of the last use
- A plastic-made pod-based espresso machine
- Make espresso, Americano, and Macchiato at home without going to the coffee shop!
- Choose your shot size with a single and double-shot stainless steel filter
- View the water level conveniently from the front with a removable water tank
- Get personal assistance 24/7 from our Outstanding Customer service team
You will get an electric beans grinder, a measuring scoop with a tamper, stainless steel frothing cup, and a portafilter with the packaging. With this price, the EspressoWorks espresso machine is a worth buying product.
The Espresso machine from EspressoWorks is one of the best reasonably priced domestic espresso machines. You can brew rich flavored espresso with this nifty machine. Besides, its built-in steam is pretty good for making different coffee beverages like lattes or cappuccinos.
A transparent 1.25-liter capacity water tank can be seen from the front side of this machine. The machine comes with a stainless steel portafilter, and two filter baskets (single and double shot). A nice measuring scoop also comes with this machine, which can be used as a tamper.
Generally, stainless steel is used as the build material for long-lasting durability. An electric blade grinder also comes with this machine for grinding coffee beans before brewing. However, we would recommend you use a handy coffee grinder for getting the optimal grind size.
The machine will be 45 seconds away from being able to brew once the Thermoblock Heating System is turned on. After the stainless steel portafilter is attached to the group head, push down the ON/OFF button.
If all goes okay, you should be able to start brewing in about a minute. The Ready light will go out, signaling that the machine is ready to brew.
To make espresso, turn the dial to the “espresso” setting and press down. After getting your shot, you can use the built-in milk frother to create velvety milk foam.
- Made of durable and rust-resistant stainless steel
- The thermoblock heating system heated the machine within 45 seconds
- A bean grinder, a Frothing cup, and a Measuring scoop with a tamper are included with the machine
- The machine is super simple to use
- The machine will automatically turn off after 25 seconds of the last use
- The coffee bean grinder that comes with the machine is a blade grinder. Therefore, you won’t get fine and consistent ground coffee
De’Longhi Stilosa EC260 Espresso Machine
- The compact design fits easily on any kitchen countertop without taking up too much space
- 15 BAR Pump for optimal pressure to extract a single or double-shot espresso
- Manual Milk Frother lets you texture your milk for an authentic coffee drink
- A durable stainless steel boiler is designed to last longer with consistent performance
The manufacturer gives a complete 1-year warranty for this machine. In our opinion, It is not a bad deal considering what you are getting at this price.
Let’s take a look at the DeLonghi Stilosa EC260 espresso machine, the updated version of EC155. The dimension of Stilosa is about 13.5″L x 8.07″W x 11.22″H. It is compatible with regular-size countertops.
The high shining black color and the stainless steel-made front portion may make you wonder. The machine comes with a portafilter, measuring spoon, tamper, filter for a single and double espresso, and an easy instruction manual.
The 34oz water tank is large enough to give you several shots. A transparent water level indicator makes the work easier. The manual milk frother performs a decent job of giving an authentic tasted Latte or Cappuccino with perfect amounts of milk foam.
Along with these facilities we have nothing to say about its mechanism. The stainless steel boiler, 15 bar pump, and manual milk frother work amazingly to make your everyday espresso with consistent performance.
- Easy to use and clean
- A complete brewing package
- Budget-friendly option
- E.S.E pod-compatible espresso machine
- 1-year warranty
- It makes quite a bit of noise while brewing
- Some folks have mentioned that attachments are not well-made
Buying Guide For Best Espresso Machine For Home
So, you want to buy the best espresso machine for home use; do you know how to choose the right one?
There are some key considerations that you need to know before purchasing an espresso machine. Carefully read this section so that you can make an informed decision.
The price of an espresso machine can vary drastically, from under 100 dollars up to 3000+, you’re sure to find something that fits your needs! If money is not an issue then I recommend going with whatever model will give optimal results for not only yourself but also those who love drinking great coffee, as well.
In that case, you can go for machines like Jura S8, Jura E8, and Jura Z8, or the new machine in town, Jura Z10. These are a bit expensive but deliver excellent and consistent cups of espresso.
If you are a complete beginner, consider purchasing a less expensive semi-automatic espresso machine and grow your skills by using it.
But if you have the needed skill and are trying to implement them, then go for a bit pricey machine where you will get plenty of room for brewing outstanding espresso.
If you’re in the market for an espresso machine, durability should be one of your main priorities. Most machines are crafted from plastic or stainless steel (or a mix of both), so investigate each option to see which best fits your needs.
Most of the pod espresso machines are made of mostly plastic, and that’s because they come with a lower price tag. You don’t want to make espresso using a rusty or delicate machine. Therefore, most coffee connoisseurs recommend picking sturdy material-made machines.
A coffee grinder is more important than an espresso machine. You can’t make a high-quality espresso without the right grind size. Most coffee experts prefer a burr grinder to a blade grinder because it makes consistent-sized coffee powder. All super-automatic machines come with a built-in grinder, but some people might find it expensive.
Some consumers may want to choose a machine that is compact enough to fit in their kitchen, while others may try to find one that fits within a certain amount of space. Furthermore, some individuals enjoy gigantic espresso machines in their coffee corners. If you prefer this sort of gear, you can go for a bigger version.
Some coffee connoisseurs love to brew different types of drinks, such as iced coffee, latte, cappuccino, and many more. Hence, it would be a lot better to pick a machine capable of brewing multiple types of drinks.
We have mentioned some machines in this guide that can brew multiple espresso beverages with a simple touch of a button.
The milk frother is kind of a must-have part for an espresso machine. A well-made milk frother can make nice velvety froths that can enhance the taste of the drinks. Most automatic machine comes with a built-in automatic or manual milk frother.
Nowadays, you can see that some pod-based espresso machines come with a separate milk frother for making lattes, cappuccinos, or other espresso drinks.
How does the espresso taste?
Espresso provides a darker, bolder, well-bounded roasted taste as a full-flavored concentrated coffee solution. The taste of an espresso beverage mostly depends on the roasting, grinding, and brewing process. You can customize its taste by making some changes according to your taste preference.
Can espresso machines make lattes or cappuccinos?
Yes, you can. An espresso maker will make it for you within a couple of minutes. Make sure your machine comes with a manual milk frother.
Can you make espresso at home without a machine?
Yes. There are several options to make espresso without a machine. With a convenient Aeropress, French Press, or Moka pot, you can make your espresso easily.
What is a Milk Frother?
A milk frother is a handy appliance mainly used to create velvety milk foam for cappuccino, latte, or mocha coffee. Most espresso machines come with a manual milk frother to heat up and texturize your milk simultaneously.
To ensure you make the best choice, I have researched before giving my opinion. If you’re buying your first coffee machine, it’s essential to learn everything there is to know about them so that when you’re done today, you’ll have made a wise decision!
Which of these would be your pick? Let me know! Share this guide with all coffee-lover friends who might need some help deciding on a brand-new machine for themselves or their loved ones (or both!).