Established in 1931 by Leo Henzirohs, Jura is a world-famous Swiss company. Situated in Niederbuchsiten, a city at the foot of the Jura mountain range, Henzirohs decided to give his company the same name. For a century, the company built a reputation for making quality home appliances. In the 1990s, Jura made the espresso machine its primary focus.
Jura’s high-quality coffee machines are perfect for any home. These high-quality appliances come equipped with modernized features that make them durable and environmentally friendly!
Let’s have a look at our Jura coffee machine reviews to help you drink delicious coffee every day of your life!
- 2022’s Best Jura Coffee Machine Reviews
- 5 Things To Consider Before A Jura Purchase
- How Does Jura Fare Against Other Brands?
- Jura Coffee Machines Are Expensive And Here’s Why
- Why Is Purchasing A Jura Machine Beneficial?
- What Are The Discrepancies Between Jura Models?
2022’s Best Jura Coffee Machine Reviews
Jura has a long array of machines to offer. The Jura US website offers 25 automatic coffee machines alone. So we narrowed them down based on some of the key aspects. Features, customizations, overall aesthetics, ease of maintenance, build quality, and operational skills – from beginner to expert level.
After considering all of these factors, our recommended 7 of the best Jura coffee machines are…
- Jura E8 (Top Pick)
- Jura E6 (Runner Up)
- Jura D6 (Budget Pick)
- Jura S8
- Jura Z8
- Jura ENA 8
- Jura GIGA 6
- The Professional Aroma Grinder guarantees 12.2% more aroma and consistently high grind quality.
- The P.E.P. ensures maximum flavor for short specialties, while intelligent preheating guarantees the ideal temperature right from the first cup.
- A 2.8-inch color display, six buttons, and a completely new operating concept featuring artificial intelligence enable simple handling.
- The sophisticated milk system cleaning process takes place automatically at the touch of a button and is completed in no time.
- High-quality materials and precise craftsmanship underline the premium quality of the machine.
It’s the perfect combination of pleasure, versatility, and luxury. It’s the best Jura espresso machines in history as it ticks the boxes of the state-of-the-art brewing process, finest-quality milk system, and affordable price point.
Jura E8 has 17 different drink specialties include espresso (2x), espresso doppio, coffee (2x), cappuccino (with extra shot), caffè barista, americano, macchiato, cortado, latte macchiato (with extra shot), flat white (with extra shot), milk foam, and hot water.
Among the special features of this machine are intelligent preheating, 3D brewing technology, a status display mode, and WiFi connectivity.
Its superior brewing group features P.E.P., one-touch americano, variable 5–16 g brewing unit, Aroma Grinder, 15 bar pump, one Thermoblock heating system, one fluid system, powder chute for pre-ground coffee, and a milk system with interchangeable milk spout. The fluid system is there for you to make professional barista standard drinks and automated milk system cleaning. And the extra shot function facilitates more intense shots for your cappuccino, flat white, and macchiato drinks.
Its key programmable features are water quantity, 10 coffee strengths, milk/foam quantity, 3 brewing temperatures, and 3 hot water temperatures. You also get the energy-saving modes, intelligent water system (I.W.S.), CLEARYL Smart filter, one-touch automated milk cleaning, integrated rinsing, cleaning, and descaling with monitored drip tray option.
For various cup sizes, it has an adjustable coffee and hot water spout (2.6–4.4 inches) as well as an adjustable cappuccino spout (4.2–6 inches). The water tank has a 64 oz. capacity while the bean hopper has a 10 oz. capacity. The E8 weighs 21 lbs. and has a dimension (W × H × D) of 11 × 13.8 × 17.6 inches.
- The P.E.P. optimizes the extraction time, making it perfect for those who want a quick cup of coffee without sacrificing flavor.
- The I.W.S. ensures that your coffee always tastes its best by filtering the water used to make it.
- Simple Operations make it easy for anyone to use this machine, even if they’ve never made coffee before!
- The integrated maintenance programs and interchangeable milk spout ensure maximum hygiene, so you can be sure your coffee is always fresh.
- CLEARYL water filters supplied with the machine guarantee perfect water quality.
The E6 is not only one of the best from Jura’s E-series but also, overall, a brand favorite. It has revolutionized the enjoyment of daily coffee in every aspect as it perfected the brewing process 100% with the optimized Pulse Extraction Process (P.E.P.).
In terms of 7 drink options, the Jura E6 includes espresso (2x), coffee (2x), cappuccino, milk froth, and hot water.
Other than the P.E.P., the E6 has a 5–16 g variable brewing unit, an Aroma G3 grinder, dual coffee spouts, and one Thermoblock heating system working as the powerful brewing group for this machine. Its milk system has an interchangeable milk spout as well. The P.E.P technology ensures ideal timing and extraction of the very best aromas into your cups.
The key features of this model include the J.O.E app, a 2.8″ color display, programmable water amount, 8 coffee strengths, 2 brewing temperatures, 3 hot water temperatures, and milk/foam volume controls.
With Jura’s Intelligent Water System (I.W.S.), CLEARYL Smart Filter cartridge, monitored drip tray, integrated rinsing, cleaning, and descaling, you won’t have any stress maintaining this machine. The smart filter auto-analyses the water and performs rinsing and descaling whenever they’re needed.
Jura E6 is also equipped with an Energy Save Mode (E.S.M.), a Zero-Energy Switch (power switch), and a programmable switch-off time function for optimal consumption of energy.
The E6 has a sizeable 63.6 oz. water tank, a 9.9 oz. bean hopper, an adjustable coffee spout (2.6–4.4 in) and hot-water spout (4.4–6.2 in), and a grounds container (approx. 16 servings). The machine weighs 21.8 lbs. and has a dimension (W × H × D) of 11 × 13.6 × 17.5 inches.
- The perfect machine for any coffee lover, whether you like your coffee strong or weak, hot or cold.
- Smart Connect App makes it easy to adjust settings and get the perfect cup of coffee every time.
- AromaG2 integrated grinder ensures that your coffee beans are always freshly ground.
- Flavor optimizing Pulse Extraction Process technology extracts maximum flavor from your coffee beans.
The Jura D6, much like its family, is characterized by simple and clean lines with high-quality workmanship. Its plain text display, simple rotary switch, and ergonomically optimized control section make it super easy and intuitive. Thanks to its programmable and self-explanatory maintenance technologies, making classics or professional barista standard drinks is all possible in a few simple steps.
The D6 has 7 drink options that include espresso (2x), coffee (2x), cappuccino, milk foam, and hot water.
The D6 has the same brewing group as the aforementioned Jura E6 model. But the only existing difference is that the D6 uses an Aroma G2 grinder instead of the E6’s G3 version.
The D6 is also compatible with the J.O.E. app for remote brewing experience. Despite being the smallest model in our Jura espresso machine reviews, it comes with impressive programmable key features like adjustable water amount, 4 coffee strengths, 2 brewing and hot water temperatures, and a milk/foam amount selector.
It offers integrated rinsing, cleaning, and descaling programs as well. On top of that, the D6 has an I.W.S. water system and a CLEARYL Smart that administers the auto rinsing and cleaning acts.
Just like the E6, the D6 also has an energy-saving mode, a Zero-Energy Switch/power switch, and a programmable switch-off time to minimize your electricity consumption.
The machine weighs 42.3 lbs. and has a dimension (W × H × D) of 9.1 x 9.1 x 9.1 inches. Its adjustable coffee spout range is 2.5–4.3 inches for various cup sizes. The water tank has a capacity of 63.6 oz., while the bean container’s capacity is 7.1 oz. The grounds container can hold approximately 16 servings worth of coffee grounds.
- With just a touch on the color touchscreen display, one of 15 different specialties flows into the cup.
- The AromaG3 grinder is now even more precise and twice as fast, yet preserves all the delicious aroma of the coffee beans.
- The Pulse Extraction Process (P.E.P.) ensures the optimum extraction time for short specialties and delivers a taste explosion for espresso and ristretto.
- The integrated 4.3” high-resolution color touchscreen display makes the machine incredibly simple to operate.
- The concept is designed to help you find what you want quickly. Individual preferences can be programmed in a few easy steps, allowing you to rename, move, copy or duplicate products in no time.
With a clear-cut and sculptural design, the stylish S8 exudes quality and precision. Boasting the best premium segments, its coffee quality will satisfy even the most demanding coffee connoisseurs. Graphics and animations show every step of preparation or maintenance. Individual preferences can be programmed, renamed, moved, copied, or duplicated in no time.
The S8 comes with 15 specialty options that include espresso (2x), coffee (2x), cappuccino, latte, macchiato, latte macchiato, flat white, milk/foam, and hot water (with green tea option).
Special benefits include bean and drip tray monitoring and maintenance status display. The bean monitor will let you know when to refill and the drip tray monitor will let you know when to empty it up.
Much like the E8 model, it has an Aroma G3 grinder, a pre-ground coffee chute, P.E.P., 1 Thermoblock heater, one-touch selections, an interchangeable milk spout, and a 5–16 g brewing unit.
Jura S8, unlike the others here, has a bigger 4.3″ touchscreen display. The model is compatible with the J.O.E. app and has programmable water and foam quantity functions. You’ll have 10 customizable coffee strengths and 3 brewing and hot water temperature options.
As always, Jura has equipped S8 with all the energy-saving functions along with the IWS water system, CLEARYL Smart filter, and automated rinsing, cleaning, and descaling programs.
For cup-size convenience, it has an adjustable coffee spout (2.8–4.6 in), an adjustable cappuccino, and hot water spouts (both 4.4–6.2 in). The machine comes with a 64 oz. water tank and a 10 oz. bean hopper. The S8 weighs 22 lbs. and has a dimension (W x H X D) of 11 × 13.8 × 17.3 inches.
- Produces full-bodied, delicate, deliciously long coffees
- With a high-resolution touchscreen color display, it is simple and easy to use
- The AromaG3 grinder is twice as fast as other grinders, preserving all the delicious aroma of the coffee beans.
- The P.E.P. ensures the optimum extraction time by pulsing the hot water through the ground coffee at the exact frequency.
- The Z8 has 21 different specialties that can be selected by touching the start screen.
The Jura Z8 is one of the best super-automatics out there. It boasts an unbeatable standard of coffee. The world’s first automatic coffee machine capable of brewing a one-touch Americano function Its P.E.P. technology allows for flavorful ristretto and espresso. Thanks to its fine foam technology and the automatic switching from milk to foam, making milk-based drinks is a breeze.
The Z8 makes a strong statement with its variety and selection. It has 16 different specialties and a total of 21 beverages available. Its presets are ristretto (2x), coffee (2x), espresso (2x), cappuccino, caffe latte, caffe barista (2x), americano (2x), macchiato, latte macchiato, flat white, milk and foam, a jug of coffee, and hot water (for green tea and black tea). On top of that, you can personalize recipes and names.
This extremely powerful brewing machine consists of an Aroma G3 grinder with P.E.P. and one-touch lungo functions. Moreover, it has 2 Thermoblock heaters, 2 pressure pumps, an active bean monitor, and an interchangeable milk spout.
It has a high-resolution 4.3″ TFT touchscreen color display and a rotary switch. These two allow a user to program user profiles, water quantity, 10 coffee strengths, 10 milk/foam temperatures, and 3 brewing and hot water temperatures.
The Z8 also comes with height-adjustable dual, coffee, cappuccino, and hot water spouts (all 3.2–6 in). It has a giant 81.3 oz., water tank and a 9.9 oz. bean hopper. The Z8 weighs 29.5 lbs. and has a dimension (W x H x D) of 12.6 x 15 x 17.7 inches.
Jura ENA 8
- The ENA 8 produces superior coffee compared to other one-cup machines and is a must-have for coffee lovers.
- Its small size makes it perfect for any home or office, and its stylish design is sure to impress.
- The front 2.8″ TFT color display and easy-to-use operating panels make it user-friendly.
- 10 different coffee specialties are available at the touch of a button, making it the perfect machine for even the most discerning palate.
- The Pulse Extraction Process (P.E.P.) optimizes the aroma of a short ristretto or espresso, while Fine Foam Technology creates airy milk foam for cappuccino or other specialties.
The ENA 8 is a compact, stunning, and simple espresso machine and our first ENA entry on this list. It’s a superlative one-cup machine for coffee lovers and connoisseurs alike. It is certain to satisfy even the most discriminating palates due to the variety it provides with the simple press of a button.
It offers 10 drink presets such as espresso, coffee, cappuccino, caffe barista, espresso doppio, macchiato, cortado, latte macchiato, flat white, milk/foam, and hot water.
The ENA 8 features tried-and-true Jura brewing technologies like 3D brewing, P.E.P, and one-touch functionality. Like the Jura A1, it has the same 6–10 g brewing unit. It has a Thermoblock heater, an Aroma G3 grinder, and a pre-ground coffee chute as well.
Like the Jura E6 and S8, it has a 2.8″ TFT color touchscreen display. Once again, it has Jura’s J.O.E app compatibility, programmable milk, and foam quantity options. Its key features are 10 adjustable coffee strengths and 3 adjustable brewing and hot water temperatures.
When it comes to bells and whistles, ENA 8 has all the energy-saving programs, IWS water system, a CLEARYL Smart filter, a monitored drip tray, and automated cleaning, rinsing, and descaling programs.
It has the same adjustable dual and hot water spout height (2.2–5.4 in) and a slightly shorter (2.2–4.3 in) hot water spout height. The capacities are on the smaller side, as the water tank and bean hopper have capacities of 37.2 oz. and 4.4 oz., respectively. The machine weighs 24 lbs. and has a dimension (W x H x D) of 10.7 x 12.7 x 17.5 inches.
Jura GIGA 6
- The machine has two heating systems and two pumps for coffee and milk or coffee and milk foam.
- The Automatic Grinder Adjustment (A.G.A.) delivers phenomenal results every time over the grinder’s entire service life.
- Artificial intelligence is being introduced into the machine’s operation with a self-learning algorithm that recognizes each user’s specific preferences.
- The dishwasher-safe drip tray can easily be removed, emptied, and reinserted with just one hand.
- The center of gravity is ideally located to prevent any spills.
- Simple, clean, quick, convenient – this 5-star concept is incorporated down to the very last detail.
The GIGA 6 is the symbol of perfection, precision, and professionalism in the form of an espresso machine. It’s a professional machine made for household use; therefore, it’s brimming with all the latest Jura technologies. Considered as one of the best Jura espresso machines, it exudes Jura’s power and expertise.
Its 4.8″ intuitive touchscreen display and the Blue Crystal rotary switch allow you to choose from a whopping 28 drink specialties. The specialties include espresso (2x), coffee (2x), cappuccino (2x), caffe latte, caffe barista (2x), Americano (2x), macchiato (2x), cortado (2x), flat white (2x), latte macchiato (2x), espresso doppio, milk foam (2x), pot of coffee and hot water.
Special features of this machine are preheating, bean monitoring, status display, and automatic switch from milk to foam.
The brewing group includes P.E.P., one-touch function (also for americano), 2 pumps, 2 Thermoblock heaters, 2 fluid systems, and a pre-ground coffee chute. The icing on the cake goes to its 2 electronically adjustable conical burr grinders with Automatic Grinder Adjustment technology.
Like the S8 and Z8, it comes with a 4.3″ touchscreen display. Key features include J.O.E compatibility, recipe and user customization, adjustable water and foam amount, 10 coffee strengths and milk/foam temperatures, and 3 hot water and brewing temperatures.
Cleaning and maintaining this machine is a zero-stress topic. With the I.W.S., CLEARYL Smart filter, a monitored drip tray, and automated cleaning, rinsing, and descaling programs, you can understand why.
Don’t even worry about cup adjustability either. The dual spout’s height can go up to 6.2 inches, while width-wise it can go up to 2 inches. The hot water spout’s height is adjustable up to 6.5 inches.
It’s by far the heaviest machine, weighing 39.7 lbs. and having a dimension (W x H x D) of 12.6 x 16.3 x 18.9 inches. Each of its dual bean hoppers allows 10 oz. of bean capacity, while the water tank has a capacity of a whopping 88 oz.
5 Things To Consider Before A Jura Purchase
Your next Jura coffee machine will completely transform your daily coffee drinking experience. Our list of Jura machines is already varied enough. But of course, for our readers’ convenience, we have some pointers that’ll help you decide which one’s an ideal machine for you!
- Budget: Jura has a high but wide price range in its family. Likewise, each machine comes with its own set of pros and cons. Set yourself a budget range first and then start to look at the various available Jura machines and their prices.
- Type And Design: Jura has mainly 2 types of systems: automatic and super-automatic. They come in a variety of ultra-modern aesthetics. There is no significant gap in design quality between them.
- Grinding And Brewing: Jura predominantly gives its machines the Aroma G3 grinder for the best grinding experience. Brewing parameters include large drink options and quantity (in cups), temperature levels, brew strengths, and volumes.
- Hopper And Tank: Both of these capacities regulate how much coffee you’d be able to make. Jura machines are known to feature sizeable hoppers and water tanks in general—which is a big plus!
- Maintenance: Apart from some entry-level models, most Jura machines have convenient automated cleaning, rinsing, and descaling features. All Jura models can be incredibly durable with proper maintenance. They have either a 2-year warranty or a single-year warranty.
How Does Jura Fare Against Other Brands?
- User Experience: Jura coffee machines offer an incredible user experience through a simple, front-accessible user interface. Because of their versatility and capability, the learning curve becomes longer as well when compared to other brands’ automatic machines.
- Customizations: Jura machines come with a lot of automated presets. While they’re effective and fun, these features increase the price as well. And Jura coffee machines are already quite expensive. Hence, batting away a lot of potential customers.
- No Portafilter: Jura machines are unique in that they do not apply portafilter system. Jura’s brew group is a single cell and works as the spout as well.
- Smart Water Filter: Its intelligent water system and anti-scaling technology protect the machines from damage and the frequent need for cleaning. You only have to change the smart filter every 3 months.
- Construction: Jura uses superior materials like stainless steel and ceramic in its construction to ensure durability, aesthetics, and safety. The same cannot be said for its rivals.
- Integrated Grinders: Many Jura machines come with integrated stainless steel conical burr or ceramic disc grinders. These grinders have multi-level controls as well as quietness. Jura really stands out for its powerful yet quiet grinders.
- Maintenance: Jura incorporates self-cleaning technology for most of its machines, unlike many of its competitors. But if you’re not diligent about your machine’s maintenance, it won’t last as long.
Jura Coffee Machines Are Expensive And Here’s Why
- Jura machines are pure workhorses.
- Jura’s service life is high even with prolonged intensive usage.
- The descaling and cleaning programs are well-thought-out, short, and simple.
- The operations are almost always simple, quick, and intuitive with all Jura models.
- Jura’s “Fine Foam Technology” is not a gimmick, it’s real and it works tremendously well!
- Jura machines deliver good espresso consistently while suffering from very few problems.
- All Jura machines come with an automatic milk frothing system (except for the dairy-free Jura A1).
- Their grinding capabilities are pretty reliable. Most grinders have a wide grind range that facilitates wider drink options.
- Temperature, coffee grind quantity, aroma levels, and coffee strengths are always programmable with Jura coffee machines.
- Jura has been focused on serving customer favorites like individual coffee profiles, the one-touch functions, and the extra-shot function. Their prices increase with these sophisticated automations.
Why Is Purchasing A Jura Machine Beneficial?
If you’re ready to gear up from inexpensive coffee makers to an improved coffee experience, you must look into Jura products. Jura machines are manufactured with the highest quality parts, making them a long-term investment. With proper care, it will brew high-quality drinks for years.
Jura machines are premium-grade as they offer simplicity alongside a variety of specialties, including hot and cold brewing, grinding, and frothing.
Jura provides special programmability, which is great for a house full of different coffee drinkers. Multiple user preferences, an easily accessible menu, and smartphone-based control are standard with Jura machines. With the push of a button, you’ll create and brew custom beverages.
Jura’s easily accessible detachable parts and automated cleaning setup reduce overall maintenance costs. So once you spend money on the purchase, you’ll get the best value for your money with Jura.
What Are The Discrepancies Between Jura Models?
Jura uses a straightforward numerical and alphabetical pattern to show the variations in class. The higher the number and alphabet series, the better it gets.
It starts with entry-level A-series or D-series models. They cost from $700 to $1,000. These models are Jura’s mid-range products. You’ll get outstanding, high-quality design and very good espresso shots. But they still have room for improvement.
Then comes the Jura E-series. They offer a lot of value for their budget price when compared to other Jura coffee models.
Finally, you go to the Z-series and GIGA series models. The finest shots of espresso and the richest milk froth are the fundamentals here. There are loads of grinding, performance, and setting options. Understandably, the most expensive Jura machines come from these latter series.
How Long Will A Jura Coffee Machine Last?
A Jura machine typically lasts for 5–7 years.
Are Jura Coffee Machines Worth The Money?
Jura machines are a long-term investment and their prices remain unchanged throughout the years. So, yes, it’s worth it.
How Often Should I Clean My Jura Coffee Machine?
You need not worry as the machine does all the cleaning, rinsing, and descaling by itself. Just read the manuals and check for the alerts.
Does Jura Make Regular Coffee?
Yes, of course. Not only that, but some of them can pull ristretto as well.
Which Jura I Should Buy?
For espresso and cappuccino, go for the E-line machines. And for ultimate Jura extragavenza, you can try the S, Z, and GIGA series.
Can I Use Almond And Oat Milks With Jura?
Of course, you can. But for Jura’s milk system, the best result comes with whole milk.
In the end, picking your ideal Jura machine is all about budget, personal taste, and preferences. One thing is certain: Any Jura machine in your home will make excellent coffee. They’ve basically built a global reputation for their coffee quality.
We hope you’ve not only enjoyed our Jura coffee machine reviews, but that they’ve also helped you come up with a clear plan for your next Jura machine.