Best Keurig Coffee Makers are a seamless blend of technology and tradition to brew a perfect cup of coffee every time. For coffee lovers, a day without a rich, aromatic cup of coffee seems incomplete. Imagine the luxury of brewing your favorite beverage with just a touch of a button, all within the comforts of your home. That’s the convenience and quality that the best Keurig Coffee Makers bring to your kitchen counter.
From single-serve models to more advanced ones with customizable features, we have rounded up the best options in this guide to help you find a Keurig that suits your taste and style. So, let’s dive in and explore the world of delightful brewing!
- Keurig's Origin Story…
- Our Handpicked List Of The Best Keurig Coffee Makers
- Why Keurig Coffee Makers Are So Popular?
- Why It's Important To Clean Your Keurig Coffee Maker?
- How to Clean a Keurig Coffee Maker
Keurig’s Origin Story…
Keurig was born out of a moment of frustration. The company’s founder, John Sylvan, was annoyed by the constant coffee pot disputes at his workplace in Massachusetts and sought to create a solution. He started experimenting with coffee grounds, cups, and paper in his Boston apartment in the early 1990s.
By 1992, Sylvan had invented the K-Cup – a single-serve coffee brewing system. He and his partner, Peter Dragone, launched the company in 1998. Keurig, which in Dutch means “neat” or “clever,” revolutionized the coffee industry by providing a unique blend of taste, convenience, and technology that allowed individuals to savor their own perfect cup of coffee.
Our Handpicked List Of The Best Keurig Coffee Makers
There are various factors to consider when choosing the best Keurig coffee maker that fits your lifestyle. Some coffee makers are designed for personal use while others are ideal for families or offices. Not to mention that there are different types of Keurig coffee makers, such as single-serve or multi-cup brewers, which make it challenging to choose from. Here are the top Keurig coffee makers we recommend:
The Keurig K-Elite is among the most popular models for both personal and commercial use. It features a strong brew setting, five brew sizes, and an iced coffee option. Plus, its water reservoir can hold up to 75 ounces, meaning you can make many cups of coffee before refilling. The K-Elite is straightforward to use and can be easily programmed to turn on and off automatically.
- Strong Brew Setting: The Keurig K-Elite offers a strong brew setting, letting you brew a more intense and robust cup of coffee
- Multiple Brew Sizes: It provides five brew sizes, giving you the flexibility to choose the amount of coffee you want
- Iced Coffee Option: The model is equipped with an iced coffee setting, perfect for making refreshing iced coffee beverages
- Large Water Reservoir: Its water reservoir can hold up to 75 ounces of water, reducing the frequency of refills and making it convenient for multiple brews
- Programmable Auto On/Off: The K-Elite comes with an auto on/off feature, allowing you to schedule your brewing times for efficiency and convenience
- Flexibility: With five different brewing sizes, the Keurig K-Elite offers great flexibility to match individuals’ coffee needs
- Convenience: The large 75-ounce water reservoir reduces the need for frequent refills, which is especially beneficial when serving a crowd or throughout busy days
- Variety: The strong brew and iced coffee settings allow users to enjoy a wide range of coffee styles
- Efficiency: The programmable Auto On/Off feature ensures your coffee is ready exactly when you want it, without having to wait for the machine to heat up
- Price: Compared to basic models, the Keurig K-Elite is priced higher, which might be a deterrent for some budget-conscious shoppers
- Size: The K-Elite, with its large water reservoir, can be bulky and take up more counter space than other models
- Maintenance: Like all coffee machines, the K-Elite requires regular cleaning and descaling to maintain optimal performance and taste, which could be time-consuming for some users
- K-Cup Dependence: Although there are reusable options, the Keurig K-Elite primarily uses K-Cups, which can be an added cost and potential environmental concern for some users
If you’re looking for a versatile coffee maker that serves a single cup or a whole carafe, the Keurig K-Duo is a great choice. This model allows you to brew from either coffee grounds or K-Cups. It also comes with a reusable filter, saving you money and reducing waste. Its water reservoir is 60 ounces, making it perfect for a family of coffee drinkers.
- Dual Brewing Options: The Keurig K-Duo facilitates brewing either a single cup using a K-Cup or a carafe of coffee with your favorite ground coffee
- Reusable Filter: The K-Duo comes with a reusable filter, providing an eco-friendly option and reducing the ongoing costs of disposable K-Cups
- 60 Ounce Water Reservoir: The model features a sizable water reservoir that holds up to 60 ounces, making it suitable for multiple brews before needing a refill
- Programmable Carafe Auto Brew: This feature allows you to schedule your carafe up to 24 hours in advance, ensuring your coffee is ready when you need it
- Pause & Pour: This feature allows you to pause the brewing process and pour a cup before brewing has finished, which is especially useful when you’re in a hurry
- Versatility: The dual brewing options give you the flexibility to brew either a single cup or a whole carafe, making the Keurig K-Duo suitable for various needs and occasions
- Economical: With the provided reusable filter, you can brew your own ground coffee, reducing the cost of constantly buying K-Cups
- Large Water Reservoir: A 60-ounce water reservoir allows you to brew multiple cups before needing a refill, saving time and adding convenience
- Scheduled Brewing: With the programmable carafe auto brew, you can schedule your brewing in advance, making it ready when you are
- Pause & Pour Feature: The ability to interrupt the brewing process to pour a cup is a great convenience that caters to those with a busy schedule
- Price: The Keurig K-Duo is more expensive compared to more basic single-serve coffee makers
- Size: Owing to its dual brewing capabilities, the K-Duo is larger than single-serve models and can take up significant counter space
- Cleaning: Regular cleaning and maintenance are necessary to ensure optimal performance, which could be a hassle for some users
- Brew Time: Brewing a full carafe takes longer than brewing a single K-Cup, which might not be suitable for those who need a quick cup of coffee
Keurig K-Mini Plus
If you have limited counter space or travel frequently, the Keurig K-Mini Plus is an excellent option. This ultra-compact coffee maker can brew cup sizes between 6-12 ounces and fits in a small bag for easy transportation. Its removable drip tray also accommodates travel mugs. The K-Mini Plus also has an automatic shut-off feature to save energy.
- Compact Size: The Keurig K-Mini Plus has a slim, compact design that takes up minimal counter space and is easy to transport, making it perfect for small living spaces or travel
- Brew Sizes: It is flexible enough to brew cup sizes ranging between 6 and 12 ounces, catering to different coffee strength preferences
- Drip Tray: The machine features a removable drip tray that allows easy cleaning and accommodates travel mugs
- Energy Efficiency: The K-Mini Plus comes with an automatic shut-off feature that turns the coffee maker off 90 seconds after the last brew, saving energy
- Pod Storage: Unique to the K-Mini Plus, it includes a built-in pod storage compartment that holds up to 9 K-Cup pods, adding convenience and saving space
- Compact Design: The Keurig K-Mini Plus’s sleek, compact design is perfect for those with limited counter space, such as students in dorm rooms or frequent travelers
- Brew Size Flexibility: The ability to brew cup sizes between 6 and 12 ounces allows users to adjust their coffee strength to their preference
- Travel-friendly: The removable drip tray not only enables easy cleaning but also accommodates travel mugs, adding to its portability
- Energy Efficient: The automatic shut-off feature that activates 90 seconds after the last brew is a great energy-saving attribute
- Pod Storage: The built-in pod storage compartment can hold up to 9 K-Cup pods, which adds convenience and further optimizes space usage
- No Water Reservoir: Due to its compact size, the K-Mini Plus requires water to be added for each brew, which can be less convenient compared to models with larger water reservoirs
- Limited Features: While it’s ultra-compact, the K-Mini Plus lacks some of the features that larger Keurig models offer, such as the ability to brew a carafe or programmable brewing times
- Price: Despite its smaller size, the K-Mini Plus is not significantly cheaper than some larger models, which might deter some budget-conscious shoppers
- K-Cup Dependence: Like most Keurig models, the K-Mini Plus primarily works with K-Cups, which can be an extra cost and potential environmental concern for some users
The Keurig K-Select is a basic yet reliable coffee maker that is ideal for daily use. This model brews four cup sizes and also features a strong brew option. Its water reservoir contains 52 ounces, allowing you to make multiple cups before refilling. The K-Select is also compatible with My K-Cup, so you can use your coffee grounds and adjust the strength of your brew.
- Cup Sizes: The Keurig K-Select offers four brewing sizes, giving you options to suit your coffee preference and occasion
- Strong Brew Option: This model features a strong brew button, allowing you to make a more robust cup of coffee when desired
- Water Reservoir: The K-Select comes with a 52-ounce water reservoir, enabling you to brew several cups before needing a refill
- My K-Cup Compatibility: This coffee maker is compatible with My K-Cup, a reusable coffee filter that allows you to use your own ground coffee
- Simple Controls: The K-Select offers straightforward button controls making it easy to operate and brew your desired cup of coffee
- Versatility: The Keurig K-Select allows you to choose between four cup sizes, providing the flexibility to cater to different coffee preferences
- Strong Brew Option: The additional option to brew a stronger cup of coffee adds to its appeal, particularly for those who prefer a robust, full-bodied flavor
- Capacity: The large 52-ounce water reservoir ensures you can brew multiple cups before needing a refill, adding to the convenience of use
- Customization: The K-Select’s compatibility with My K-Cup means you can use your own coffee grounds, offering more choices and cost savings
- User-Friendly: The simple button controls make the K-Select easy to operate, even for coffee-making novices
- Size: The K-Select is larger than some other models and might occupy a fair amount of counter space
- Limited Features: Other than the strong brew option, it lacks advanced features seen in pricier models, such as programmable brewing
- Price: While it offers essential features, the price point may seem high to some users compared to other models with similar functionalities
- Cleaning: Regular cleaning is necessary to maintain the optimal functioning of the K-Select, which could be viewed as a chore
- Environmental Impact: As with most other Keurig models, the dependence on K-Cups can be a concern for environmentally-conscious consumers However, the compatibility with My K-Cup partly mitigates this issue
Why Keurig Coffee Makers Are So Popular?
Keurig coffee makers stand out for a variety of reasons that make them superior to many other brands on the market:
- Varied Brewing Sizes: Keurig makers provide versatility in coffee volume, ranging from a single cup to a full carafe, catering to both individual and group needs
- Wide Flavor Selection: Keurig’s K-Cups come in a plethora of flavors and blends, satisfying the palate of every coffee enthusiast
- Customizable Brewing Options: Certain Keurig models offer customizable brewing strengths, allowing users to tailor their cup of coffee to their preferences
- Ease of Use: Keurig’s coffee makers are renowned for their user-friendly design. With a simple touch of a button, you can have freshly brewed coffee
- Time Efficiency: Keurig’s fast brewing time—an average of less than a minute for a single cup—saves users valuable time, especially during busy mornings
- Innovative Technology: Keurig continuously integrates advancements in coffee brewing technology, ensuring optimal extraction of flavors and aromas from each K-Cup
- Eco-Friendly Options: Keurig provides reusable K-Cups to address environmental concerns, making it a more sustainable choice for coffee brewing
Why It’s Important To Clean Your Keurig Coffee Maker?
Keurig coffee makers are not only renowned for their convenience and versatility but also for their ease of cleaning and maintenance. Regular cleaning ensures the machine’s longevity and optimal performance. Most Keurig models have removable components like drip trays, water reservoirs, and K-Cup holders, which can be washed separately, making the cleaning process easy and straightforward.
The descaling process, essential for removing calcium deposits or scale that can build up inside a coffee maker, is also made simple with Keurig’s descaling solution or white vinegar. Additionally, the company offers comprehensive cleaning instructions in their user manuals and online platforms to guide users.
Therefore, with Keurig, you don’t need to worry about complex maintenance procedures. Regular cleaning and timely descaling of your Keurig coffee maker is all it takes to enjoy a perfect cup of coffee every time.
How to Clean a Keurig Coffee Maker
Cleaning your Keurig coffee maker is a simple and quick process. Follow the steps below to keep your machine running smoothly:
- Unplug and disassemble: Start by unplugging your Keurig machine. Remove the detachable parts, like the water reservoir, drip tray, and K-Cup holder
- Wash removable parts: Clean these components with warm soapy water. Rinse thoroughly and let them dry before reassembly
- Wipe down the machine: Use a damp cloth to wipe down the exterior of the machine. Be sure to clean the area around the coffee pod holder where coffee and tea granules might collect
- Descale the Coffee Maker: Fill the water reservoir with half white vinegar and half water. Run the brewing cycle without a K-Cup in the machine until you’ve used half of the vinegar solution. Let the machine stand for 30 minutes with the remaining vinegar solution, then finish the brewing cycle
- Rinse through with water: Once the descaling process is done, refill the water reservoir with fresh water and run the brewing cycle until the water is finished. Repeat this process a couple of times to make sure all the vinegar is fully washed out
- Regular Care: For best results, descale your Keurig coffee maker every 3 to 6 months and wipe it down regularly
Cleaning your Keurig regularly not only extends the life of the machine but also ensures that each cup of coffee it brews is as delicious and fresh as possible.
What is the best Keurig coffee maker for personal use?
The Keurig K-Elite is highly recommended for personal use, with a large water reservoir and a strong brew setting for richer coffee.
Which Keurig coffee maker is best for a family?
The Keurig K-Duo is perfect for families as it has the flexibility to brew a single cup or a whole carafe and a 60-ounce water reservoir.
Is there a compact Keurig coffee maker suitable for travel?
Yes, the Keurig K-Mini Plus is an ultra-compact model that fits in a small bag and also features an automatic shut-off to save energy.
What is a good basic Keurig coffee maker for daily use?
The Keurig K-Select is a reliable choice for daily use, capable of brewing multiple cup sizes with a 52-ounce water reservoir.
Can I use my coffee grounds in a Keurig coffee maker?
Yes, models like the Keurig K-Select are compatible with My K-Cup, allowing you to use your own coffee grounds and adjust the strength of your brew.
In conclusion, the choice of the best Keurig coffee maker ultimately depends on your personal needs and preferences.
The Keurig K-Elite is a premium option, boasting an array of features like a strong brew setting and a large water reservoir, making it a suitable choice for personal use. On the other hand, the Keurig K-Duo offers great versatility with its ability to brew a single cup or a whole carafe, perfect for families. For individuals with limited space or those who travel frequently, the compact and portable Keurig K-Mini Plus is the go-to model. Lastly, for daily use, the Keurig K-Select stands out, being a basic yet reliable coffee maker.
Regardless of the model, all Keurig coffee makers are lauded for their convenience, simplicity, and ease of cleaning and maintenance, contributing to a hassle-free coffee brewing experience.