Because of the volume of production and popularity, narrowing down your favorite VertuoLine pods becomes a difficult task. Truth to be told, it’s also the nicest thing about the Nespresso pods – the array of choices. Our article the best Nespresso Vertuo pods, represents some of the best nespresso pods for VirtuoLine machines that you can get your hands on!
About The Nespresso & Vertuo Line
The Nespresso an independent branch from the Nestle Group was formed in 1986 in Switzerland. Before the introduction of Vertuo line machines, their Original line machines were made espresso-only with 19 bars of pressure. With the Vertuo line, you can make both espresso and coffee. Its new Centrifusion system can brew light, mild, and dark intense shots of espresso.
A Nespresso Vertuo pods are capsules full of ground coffee. All designed for single-serve coffee machines from Nespresso’s Vertuo line. The Vertuo line is the 2nd generation of Nespresso machines. All Original capsules have the same size, are bullet-shaped, and are 37 mm wide at the top. Vertuo capsules do vary in size but all have a rounded-shaped bottom. All of them are 58 mm wide at the top.
Reviews Of Most Popular Nespresso Vertuo Pods
Here are our recommended 13 picks from the Nespresso Vertuo line pods. Please take note of the fact that these pods are all fully recyclable and suitable for Vertuo line coffee machines. At first, have a quick look on the list.
Nespresso Vertuoline Barista Flavored Pack
- 30 coffee pods.
- Mild roast blend.
- Single pod brews 7.77 oz.
Brand new Barista flavored Nespresso blends are inspired by their classical favorites which contain a 10 Caramel Cookie, 10 Vanilla Custard Pie, and 10 Hazelino Muffin flavored pods.
Caramel Cookie gives off a hint of caramel flavor to shine the buttery biscuit flavor note. A flavor note that’ll sure bring back the best childhood memories.
The Vanilla Custard Pie is there for a creamy vanilla flavor that gives a silky, smooth-textured cup of coffee.
And finally, the Hazelino Muffin brings forth the smoothly sweetened coffee with delicious pastry notes.
Nespresso used the Brazilian roasted beans are roasted mildly to quickly develop the sweetness and the texture. The caramel, vanilla, and hazelnut flavors are added after roasting.
- Medium roast coffee that gives full body.
- These blends are specially designed to go with milk.
- Flavor profiles can be weak and unsophisticated to many palates.
Nespresso Vertuoline Medium And Dark Roast Coffee
- 30 coffee pods.
- Each pod brews 7.77 oz.
- A double blend variety pack.
- Stormio, Odacio, and Melozio pods.
This Nespresso pack offers 3 of the best-selling coffee blends from the Nespresso VertuoLine System.
Stormio is a dark-roasted Arabica blend. Nespresso used beans from Nicaragua and Guatemala. The brew offers a rich woody flavor and a smooth full-bodied coffee with a complex aroma. Nespresso intensity is 8.
Odacio, with an intensity of 7, is a blend of the dark-roasted Nicaraguan beans and the light-roasted Ethiopian beans. A blend that’s bold, fruity, and acidic.
Melozio is a smooth blend, sourced from Central and South American lands. Offers the perfect harmonious morning cereal flavor. It has a small percentage of Robusta beans. Nespresso intensity is 6
- Sweet and smooth-tasting blends.
- Available both in regular and decaf versions.
- May not work well with milk.
Nespresso VertuoLine Double Espresso Scuro
- 30 coffee pods available.
- Dark roast espresso blend.
- Brews suitably for espresso size (2.7 oz.).
Created from the Central American beans, this espresso blend has a dark smoky character enriched by the notes of cocoa and vanilla. Considered one of the most popular Nespresso Vertuo pods.
Made with a highly roasted mixture of Robusta and Arabica beans for the most consistent, strong, intense, and balanced texture. Scuro’s smoky profile works well with sweet chocolate and vanilla notes.
The Nespresso Double Espresso Scuro has recently updated from an intensity of 8 to 11. It’s a darker and bolder blend now. The pods have the same great flavor and taste.
- Premium beans from Central America.
- A balanced mix of Arabica and Robusta.
- Creates high-quality dark roasted espresso.
- One of the more pricy Nespresso coffee blends.
Nespresso VertuoLine Half Caffeinato
- Mild roasted coffee blend.
- Velvety texture and Biscuit-like taste.
- 30 coffee pods and each brews 7.8 oz.
The Half Caffeinato is created from the Arabica beans sourced mainly from Brazil and Africa. The beans when roasted mildly, give a light, sweet character with notes of caramel, nuts, and biscuits.
With an intensity score of 6, it shows a marriage of smooth texture and intensity from the caffeinated and decaffeinated Arabica’s. With only half the caffeine of regular Vertuo pods, it won’t give you any agitations and offer a longer drinking experience.
- Sweet and velvety coffee.
- Used 100% Arabica beans.
- Half the caffeine of regular Nespresso pods.
- This light roast won’t go well with milk.
- Folks who love higher caffeine content, this one is a no-go.
Nespresso VertuoLine Barista Creations (European Version)
- 20 pods in total.
- Variety for recipes with milk.
- Bianco Forte (7.77 oz.) is for Reverso Intenso.
- Bianco Leggero (2.7 oz.) is best for double Cappuccino.
Bianco Forte is made for intense milk coffee lovers, including Reverso Intenso. It emulates robust, yet perfectly balanced Melbourne baristas’ recipes. It uses contrasting split roasted Arabicas from Colombia and Kenya for cereal notes and milky sweetness.
One of the most popular Nespresso Vertuo pods, Bianco Leggero is inspired by the Brooklyn baristas. It features the light-roasted natural sweetness of the Indonesian and Kenyan Arabicas. You’ll feel the decadent notes of caramel with sweet biscuits.
- European-inspired flavor.
- Exceptionally designed for milk-based coffee.
- Great tasting coffee that fills up your cup to the top.
- These 2 blends can be bitter like instant coffee.
Nespresso VertuoLine Melozio
- 30 coffee pods.
- Mild roasted blend.
- Each makes 7.8 oz. of coffee.
This blend incorporates quality Brazilian Bourbon and Central American Arabicas. Beans are lightly split roasted to create a rounded smooth and perfectly balanced coffee blend.
The classic cereal note with its honeyed sweetness – Melozio thus makes a smooth and flavorful black coffee, Americano, or a Lungo. This Vertuo pod has the aroma of delight. That’s why it’s a great choice for folks who love lightly roasted, subtly sweet coffee with their breakfast pastries.
- Goes very well with milk.
- Provides slight sweetness and natural earthy flavor.
- Less interesting profile.
- Doesn’t make a strong coffee.
Nespresso VertuoLine Intense Variety Pack
- 40 coffee pods.
- Dark roasted coffee.
- Pod amounts are 7.8 and 1.35 oz.
This Nespresso assortment offers 40 pods that include 4 of the best-selling Nespresso flavors. The varieties with intensities are Odacio – 7, Stormio – 8, Altissio – 9, and Diavollitto – 11.
Odacio is a bold and lively blend. Made out of 100% Arabicas from Central America and East Africa. Odacio brings a full-bodied cereal note with a surprising flourish of fruitiness and delicate acidity.
Stormio is a smooth, rich, and strong pod blend. Also uses, 100% Arabicas from Central America, Stormio’s aromatics strike you with gale force. It carries all the intensity of spicy, woody, and cereal aromas.
Altissio is a full-bodied and creamy blend. Follows a fusion of Arabica and Robusta beans from South America. It’s a strong but well-balanced, and smooth coffee.
Diavollitto is an intense and powerful blend made of South American Arabicas with Central American Robustas. It has a balance between smooth texture and deep intensity. One of the best Nespresso Vertuoline pods out there.
- Makes thick and rich crema.
- Bold, but not overpowering.
- Available both in regular and decaf.
- Designed for steamed milk, latte, or cappuccino.
- The variety pack is good for Nespresso beginners.
- Can be bitter and strong for some.
- Not recommended for those who don’t like fruity and sweet notes.
Starbucks Capsules For Nespresso Vertuo Machines
- Intensity range: 6 – 11.
- 5 boxes (40 pods in total).
- Each capsule brews 7.77 oz.
- Light, medium, and dark roasts in the pack.
The 5 blends in this variety package are Pike Place Roast, Single-Origin Colombia, Single-Origin Sumatra, Caffè Verona, and Veranda Blend.
Pike Place is crafted with beans sourced from Latin America. This delicious medium-roast offers a smooth body with subtle flavors of cocoa and toasted nuts. It’s a rich, balanced, and satisfying blend.
Single Origin Colombia is a medium-roast blend that balances with its nutty notes. Beans are 100% Colombian Arabica.
Single Origin Sumatra is a spicy dark-roast blend. It has an earthy and herbal note. Crafted with beans from Sumatra, Indonesia.
Caffè Verona is a Starbucks classic that combines 80% Yukon with 20% Italian roast blend to bring out dark cocoa and burnt sugar notes. It makes a balanced and full-bodied coffee perfect for social events.
Veranda Blend is Starbucks’ blonde-roasted feature. It has exquisite nuances of soft cocoa and toasted nuts. It offers a smooth body and the subtle flavors of baked chocolate and toasted malt.
- Starbucks coffee at home.
- If you like bolder and darker roasts, then you’ll love this package.
- Tastes nothing like a Nespresso-made coffee.
Nespresso VertuoLine Iced Coffee Variety Pack
- 40 coffee pods.
- Pods brew 2.7 and 7.8 oz.
- Comprise of Iced Leggero and Iced Forte pods.
Another addition in the Barista Creations series. The Ice Leggero is a sweet and mild blend made for refreshing iced coffee with delicate fruity and cereal notes. Its Ethiopian coffee’s elegant flavors work like the gentlest summer breeze.
Ice Forte intense coffee blend brings the intense taste of South American and Indonesian Arabicas. It’s dark roasted and ground specifically to become a perfect summer iced drink of your choice.
- Works well with milk.
- Ethiopian, South American, and Indonesian Arabica beans.
- Do not work well with syrups and chocolates.
Nespresso VertuoLine Mild, Medium, and Dark Roasted Variety Pack
- Each pod brews 7.8 oz.
- 2 packs of 30 coffee pods inside.
- Among the best seller variety packs.
Pack 1: It contains 10 Caramel Cookie, 10 Vanilla Custard Pie, and 10 Hazelino Muffin pods.
Pack 2: It contains 10 Stormio, 10 Odacio, and 10 Melozio pods.
Pack 1 pods are split roasted and beans are sourced from Brazil. Roasted medium-dark to quickly develop sweetness and textures.
Pack 2 pods will let you explore the rich tastes of Central American and Ethiopian Arabica and Robusta beans. Full of woody and fruity aroma and sophisticated flavors.
- Wide range of flavor, taste, and roast levels.
- One of the best variety package deals from Nespresso.
- Each different blends are already a standalone favorite.
- No iced coffee pods are in it.
Nespresso Vertuolines’ Mild Sampler Coffee And Espresso Capsules
- 8 coffee capsules (7.77 oz.).
- 1 Espresso capsule (1.35 oz.).
- 1 Gran Lungo capsule (5.07 oz.).
- All mild flavor blends for a total of 10 pods.
- Includes both the Flavored and Breakfast Blends.
Elvazio (intensity 4) is a delicate, fragrant mix of lightly roasted South American Arabicas blended with fruity notes. With milk, its fruitiness fades and creamy, cereal, and caramel tasting notes shine.
Giornio (intensity 4) brings a floral and velvety Ethiopian and the acidic Kenyan Arabica morning blend to you.
Solelio (intensity 2) is a light-bodied fruity coffee. Kenyan and Columbian Arabicas offer toasted cereal notes and delicate red fruit aromas.
Colombia (intensity 5) is a master origin that offers a particularly fruity, sweet cup of coffee with juicy acidic and red berry aromas.
Hazelino Muffin (intensity 6) is a medium-dark roasted smooth and sweet hazelnut flavored blend. Ideal to be a breakfast coffee. Sourced from the Latin American and African beans.
Vanilla Custard Pie (intensity 6) is a vanilla-flavored, silky, and smooth tasting blend. Consists of Latin American and African Arabicas.
Caramel Cookie (intensity 6) is made of medium-dark roasted African and Latin American Arabicas. Offers a hint of caramel and a buttery biscuit note.
Half Caffeinato (intensity 6) is a perfect marriage of caffeinated and decaffeinated Brazilian and African Arabicas. Offers a smooth texture with medium intensity and delicate hints of nutty biscuit.
Espresso Voltesso (intensity 4) is a 1.35 oz. of balanced light and sweet blend. Lightly roasted South American beans, gives the hint of biscuit and a distinctly sweet aroma.
Gran Lungo Ethiopia (intensity 4) is a 5.07 oz. of a fruity and floral blend of excellent Ethiopian dry-processed Arabicas.
- Great for 1st-time sampler package.
- Very hard to find this pack.
Nespresso VertuoLine Fortado
- 30 coffee pods.
- Each pod brews 5.0 oz.
- Gran Lungo Americano.
- Dark roasted Indian Robusta flavored blend.
The Fortado is created from a blend of Indian Robusta and Arabicas from South and Central America for a bitter cocoa powder taste note. Also, there is an oak wood hint that reinforces the richness of the coffee. It’s a rich and full-bodied blend without any of the harshnesses with the Robusta. The long roast brings the Arabica’s dark cocoa and oak wood notes. One of the best Nespresso Vertuo capsules.
- Fortado is an ideal choice for strong-tasting coffee lovers.
- The overall darkness of the Robusta aids Fortado’s intensity and full-bodied fragrance.
- Slightly bitter tasting.
- Not ideal for light-roast lovers.
Nespresso VertuoLine Master Origin (European Version)
- Each pod brews 7.7 oz.
- Contains Colombia (10) and Mexico (10) pods.
Master Origin Colombia is particularly a fruity, sweet coffee with red berry aromas and juicy acidity. It tastes smooth and gentle. It’s a light roast blend that carries red berry notes like a good wine. Perfect coffee for a morning or slow afternoon.
Master Origin Mexico is a wild and textured cup full of roasted and spiced notes. Hand-picked Arabica and double-washed Robusta undergo a dark roast to make this blend. It follows woody and earthy taste notes at first, with a slight hint of bitterness. The more subtleness and delicacies linger afterward.
- The bean flavors are strong.
- A smooth and subtle tasting single-origin coffee.
- The Mexico dark roast is considered an easier dark roast to consume.
- Colombia blend is not consistent.
- Both are well-rounded but lack strength.
Buying Guide For Best Nespresso Vertuo Pods
It’s certainly a complicated task since a wide range of VertuoLine pods is always available. So before mulling over all the options, here are some key factors to consider.
Roast Level –
Check if you’re getting pods that match your favored roast level. And it’s very important as you can only use the capsules in a Vertuo machine. Since it’s simple to prepare, consider going for roast levels that you haven’t tried before.
Taste And Flavor Notes –
Thanks to the shorter extraction, Vertuo pods are great for taste experiments. They come in all sorts of taste and flavor profiles. You should try the chocolatey notes with a darker roast type first. From there you can go for the lighter options as well.
Be Bold –
With Vertuo machines, these pods are all designed to get spun rapidly to mix the grinds with water. Meaning these capsules guarantee intense flavors and rich crema. Thus be bold and widen your tastebud to experiment with these varieties.
Difference Between Vertuo Line And Original Line
- Brew Sizes – Vertuo Line offers 18, 8, 5, 2.7, and 1.35 oz. pod sizes. On the other hand, Original Line offers 5, 3.7, 1.35, and 0.85 oz. pod sizes.
- Pod Shapes – All of the Vertuo Line pods have a rounded-shaped bottom and wider (58 mm) on top. All Original Line pods have a bullet-shaped bottom and a 37 mm width at the top.
- Drink Variations – Vertuo Line pods are for coffees and espressos. Original Line pods are used only for espresso and similar milk-based drinks.
- Extraction Style – Vertuo Line machines use the Centrifusion technology whereas, the Original line applies the simple puncture and pressure formula.
Can Regular Nespresso Pods Work In Vertuo Machines?
The answer is plain and simple – No you can’t. The Vertuo Line machines have a Barcode reading system in them. Not only does it check whether the given pod is compatible but also reads the necessary brewing instructions from the Barcode and adjusts the temperature, length, and brewing time.
Which Nespresso Vertuo Pod Is Best For Latte?
Nespresso Barista Scuro and Ispirazione Italiana Ristreto are the top picks for lattes.
How Is Nespresso Vertuo Different?
Vertuo machines puncture and brew with Centrifusion technology and they have barcodes programmed for the pods. The original line doesn’t have either of those.
Does Starbucks Make Nespresso Vertuo Pods?
Yes, in fact, Starbucks and Nespresso have partnered together to develop Starbucks capsules.
Can You Use Original Nespresso Pods In Vertuo Machines?
No, unfortunately, you cannot use Original Nespresso pods in Vertuo machines.
Can You Make Cappuccino With Nespresso Vertuo?
Yes, you can. Go with their Double Espresso Chiaro and Bianco Leggero blends.
Versatility is the Nespresso Vertuo line’s super-power if the pods are compatible. If you own a VertuoNext machine, you’ll also be able to brew an 18-ounce carafe. Our best nespresso vertuo capsules guide is designed to help both the potential and the current Vertuo machine owners to give them a blueprint to pick the best out of the Nespresso pods.
Enjoy Your Coffee!