Food science has made us health-conscious like never before. As a result, there are a lot of thoughts that go into food production, processing, packing, and consumption. People have their own systems of food consumption, such as keto, OMADs, vegetarianism, veganism, pescetarianism, and so on. So, the foodscape around the world is changing to better solutions faster, ones that fit in with our ever-growing demands.
A similar change has happened in the beverage condiment industry as well. And the introduction of sugar-free syrup is the result of that. Thanks to this, no matter our health or dietary condition, we can savor the sweetness in our drinks (especially coffee) with these.
So, let’s find out the best sugar free coffee syrups that tick all the boxes for us.
- Understanding Coffee Syrup And Sugar Free Coffee Syrup
- Best Sugar Free Syrups For Coffee
- Jordan’s Skinny Classic Mixes
- Torani Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup
- DaVinci Gourmet Sugar Free Syrup
- Monin Sugar Free French Vanilla Syrup
- Starbucks Vanilla Flavored Coffee Syrup
- Upouria Sugar Free Coffee Syrup Variety Pack
- NuNaturals Sugar Free Syrup
- Keto Caramel Syrup by Enlightened
- HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavor Sugar Free Syrup
- Notes For Choosing The Best Sugar Free Syrups For Coffee
Understanding Coffee Syrup And Sugar Free Coffee Syrup
Popular in cafés and coffee shops at first, and now also in home kitchens, the coffee syrup is a form of flavoring. It can be added to hot or cold coffee, ice cream, coffee beverages, sparkling water, and baked items. Coffee syrups have a long flavor range, from vanilla to fruit to chocolate, and much more.
The problem with regular syrups is that they add an extra dosage of calories. Moreover, these syrups may build up some long-term health complications as they use heavy corn syrup to sweeten these coffee syrups.
Now onto the sugar-free syrups. These alternatives have little to no calories in them. And they use either natural or artificial sweeteners for their syrups. Please note that sugar-free alternatives do affect the overall taste.
Natural sugar-free sweeteners come from natural sources such as monk fruit and stevia. They are entirely carbohydrate-free, calorie-free, and don’t impact blood glucose levels.
Artificial syrup sweeteners use the same elements as artificially sweetened foods and beverages. The most popular artificial sweeteners are aspartame, sucralose, acesulfame, neotame, and saccharin. All of them vary in their sweetness, making them commonly used in combinations.
The good news is that sugar-free syrups don’t require any compromise in flavor profiles. So you can find your favorite flavor in a sugar-free option as well.
Benefits Of Sugar Free Coffee Syrups
Sugar-free syrup offers key benefits for our overall health and wellness. First and foremost, it reduces our sugar intake. Less sugar means less chance of gaining weight and maintaining a healthy shape.
Less sugar and fewer calories lower our chances of developing health problems, such as heart disease and Type-2 diabetes.
Furthermore, too much processed sugar in processed foods is detrimental to our mental health. Processed sugar increases our blood sugar levels and causes mood swings. It can also impede the function of neurotransmitters in our brains, resulting in a higher risk of depression.
Finally, a high-sugar diet also contributes to acne and tends to speed up skin aging (skin lines and wrinkles).
Best Sugar Free Syrups For Coffee
Jordan’s Skinny Classic Mixes
- Three 12.7 oz. bottles.
- Suitable for both hot and cold drinks.
- Gluten-free, kosher, and keto-friendly.
- Salted Caramel, Vanilla, and Mocha flavors.
Undoubtedly, one of the best sugar-free coffee syrups we can recommend. Jordan’s syrups are sweetened with high-quality sucralose and cellulose gum (to add texture). It’s widely popular because it’s also a GMO-free, all-natural syrup. It’s thin enough to mix easily with drinks but also thick enough for your oats, yogurt, smoothies, and shakes. The syrups are not only sweet but also smooth and buttery with fantastic vanilla, caramel, and mocha aromas—making them a compelling and flavor-rich experience. And they come in an easy-to-use, no-break plastic bottle.
- 0 calories, 0 sugar, and 0 carbs.
- Only one ounce per serving is enough.
- Ideal for coffee drinks, desserts, and oatmeal.
- Free of genetically modified organisms (GMO).
- Doesn’t come with a pump.
- The sweetness of vanilla can be overpowering.
Torani Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup
- 25.4 oz. bottle.
- It has a 2-year shelf life.
- Keto-friendly and gluten-free.
- 0 calories, 0 sugar, and 0 carbs.
Torani’s vanilla syrup brings the coffeehouse flavor to your home! The sugar-free Torani syrup elevates your simple drinks to divine goodness. Torani is a trusted name that brings forth the best flavor with unparalleled quality. One pump of this vanilla syrup will transform your tea, coffee, lattes, cold brew, frappes, cappuccinos, smoothies, cocktails, mocktails, lemonade, and sodas into flavorsome experiences. And yes, it’s also good for your baked goods, cakes, ice cream, and icing. And this is why had to include Torani’s Vanilla syrup into our best sugar free syrups list. Torani’s syrup pump fits well in most 750 ml bottles and dispenses 8 ml (1/4 oz.) with each pump.
- A trusted name in the industry.
- It comes with a syrup pump dispenser.
- Made with all-natural flavors and sweeteners.
- Mixing with cold drinks is difficult as it tends to separate into layers.
DaVinci Gourmet Sugar Free Syrup
- Serving size is 2 tbsp. (1 oz.).
- Remarkable taste with bold flavors.
- Ideal for hot, cold, and iced beverages.
- Zero-calories, keto-friendly, and kosher.
- Four 25.4 oz. of caramel-flavored bottles.
DaVinci Gourmet sugar-free syrups are perfect for coffees, teas, lattes, keto-friendly beverages, sparkling drinks, cocktails, and mocktails. DaVinci Gourmet syrup is made with Splenda, which provides a remarkable taste of sweetness and bold flavors. You can tell that DaVinci formulated a sophisticated specification procedure for its syrups to ensure quality satisfaction. In addition, all of its products are kosher certified. The products are elegantly packaged and designed. DaVinci has truly brought syrups that are suitable not only for the home but also for industrial food service facilities.
- No high-fructose corn syrup.
- Classic flavors, fruit-forward tastes, and sugar-free options.
- Versatile syrups are ideal for beverages and culinary creations.
- It has a preservative (sodium benzoate) and an artificial sweetener (sucralose).
Monin Sugar Free French Vanilla Syrup
- Bold vanilla bean flavor.
- A 33.8 oz. (1 liter) bottle.
- Gluten-free, vegan, halal, kosher, and non-GMO.
Monin uses vanilla beans only derived from Madagascar. When you add this French Vanilla Syrup to your beverage, you’ll taste the exquisite vanilla beans from Madagascar without the sugar or calories. Other than coffee drinks, Monin’s syrups are designed for iced and frozen coffee drinks as well. Monin syrups offer the perfect amount of smooth sweetness as well as versatility for your specialty coffee beverages. It comes with a BPA-free bottle and a 100% recyclable box.
- No artificial aftertaste.
- Great for coffee, cocktails, and lattes.
- Allergen-free, dairy-free, calorie-free, no artificial colors or flavors.
- The syrup’s texture is ideal for drinks as well as cooking and baking.
- It requires 4 pumps of syrup per serving.
Starbucks Vanilla Flavored Coffee Syrup
- Four 12.17 oz. bottles.
- Naturally sugar-free coffee syrups.
- It’s the signature Starbucks cafe flavor syrup.
- Zero fat, sodium, protein, and 1 gram of carbohydrate.
- One tablespoon for a 12-oz. cup of coffee is sufficient enough.
Starbucks is already a household name in this business. And their syrup line doesn’t disappoint either. Out of all the varieties, this vanilla syrup can elevate your home coffee experience like no other. Needless to say, our best sugar free syrups list will remain incomplete without this syrup. It was initially made to go with Starbucks coffees from their outlets. But now, it’s available to the general population. Suitable for a wide range of beverages, including macchiatos, lattes, milkshakes, hot chocolate, frozen, and iced beverages. Each bottle is good for 12 servings.
- A keto-friendly syrup.
- Deliciously sweet and rich in flavor.
- It comes in an easy-to-pour style bottle.
- It has a shorter shelf life.
Upouria Sugar Free Coffee Syrup Variety Pack
- Syrup pumps are included.
- Two 25.4 oz. (750 mL) bottles.
- Variety pack includes French Vanilla and Caramel.
- 100% vegan, keto-friendly, gluten-free, and kosher.
These two are the favorites from Upouria’s sugar-free syrup lineup. Both are delicious and add a classic flavor to your cup of coffee. French Vanilla from Upouria ranks as one of the most sought-after flavors among coffee enthusiasts. It offers an everlasting favorite vanilla flavor that is both sweet and creamy. Another classic is caramel syrup, which has a toasted sugar flavor and an intoxicating smooth buttery texture, complementing sweetness with a hint of salt.
- The pack comes with a syrup pump.
- No artificial flavors or high fructose corn syrup.
- Free of allergens and artificial sweeteners as well.
- Sometimes it has a bitter aftertaste.
- When compared to its competitors, it has a higher cost per ounce.
NuNaturals Sugar Free Syrup
- Natural stevia-made syrup.
- Sugar-free, plant-based substitute.
- Zero calories, chocolate flavored, 16 oz. bottle.
It’s an absolute treat for your taste buds with the NuNaturals’ sweet and delectable syrup—minus the sugar and calories, of course. NuNaturals used premium-grade stevia extract to sweeten this dessert syrup. As a result, this is one of the best healthy and diet-friendly cocoa syrups out there. It’s great with your milk, coffee, lattes, waffles, pancakes, ice cream, baked goods, and desserts. Moreover, you’d only need a little to add decadent flavor—meaning, you can enjoy this rich syrup for a long time.
- Fair-trade certified product.
- It has little to no bitter aftertaste.
- Features authentic stevia extract and glycerin.
- Excess glycerin consumption can cause a laxative effect.
Keto Caramel Syrup by Enlightened
- 14 oz. bottle.
- Sugar-free caramel syrup.
- Gluten-free, vegan, and kosher.
- 25 calories, zero sugar, and 1 net carb.
Each pump of Enlightened’s classic caramel syrup is thick, rich, sweet, and satisfying. It’s so addictive that you’d want to squeeze this caramel syrup on everything! This smooth and deliciously sweet caramel syrup is perfect for a low-carb lifestyle and is ideal for coffee drinks, hot or cold cocoa, ice cream, smoothies, yogurt, oatmeal, and much more! With all the flavor, texture, and sweetness with zero sugar, this syrup is the perfect companion to your mundane dietary schedule!
- 10 grams of dietary fiber per serving.
- The perfect option for the keto and vegan diets.
- Zero grams of sugar and one gram of net carbohydrate.
- Fine at room temperature but becomes too thick (low viscosity) if kept in the refrigerator.
HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavor Sugar Free Syrup
- A 17.5 oz. bottle.
- 2 tbsp. (32 g) per serving.
- Kosher, sugar-free, gluten-free, and low-calorie.
- 15 calories, 120 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 0 g sugar, and 1 g protein.
It has to be Hershey’s – we can’t complete a list of syrups without including one from Hershey’s. The most well-known chocolate companies in the world offer you a sugar-free version of their classic chocolate syrup and they didn’t disappoint at all. Hershey’s sugar-free chocolate syrup is shockingly similar to the original syrup, both in taste and appearance. So, you should double-check the bottle before putting it in your cart. Not only is it sugar-free, but it’s also low in carbs and gluten-free. Hershey’s sugar-free chocolate syrup maintains its consistency and texture just like the original type and can be served warm as well.
- It tastes like full-fat chocolate syrup.
- Perfect for chocolate baking and decorating.
- It has sucralose as its sweetener and a genuine chocolate flavor.
- Difficult to dissolve it in milk.
Notes For Choosing The Best Sugar Free Syrups For Coffee
First, decide on your sweetener requirements, such as sugar-free, keto-friendly, or kosher-approved.
Second, focus on the flavor. In this case, it’s entirely up to your preferences.
Now, consider the health factors. Prioritize organic, naturally sweetened, and flavored non-GMO products.
Shatterproof plastic bottles are more convenient. You can go above and beyond and look for a variety of package deals. Some brands come with syrup pumps as well, which is definitely a good bonus.
Always check the expiration date of the product as some syrups don’t have a long shelf life.
What Are The Best Sugar-Free Syrup Flavors?
Caramel, hazelnut, chocolate, and vanilla are generally the most popular ones.
What Is A Sugar-Free Syrup?
A syrup that’s made with no sugar. Instead, it uses ingredients like sucralose to create sweetness and flavors.
Are Sugar-Free Syrups Good?
Sugar-free syrups are healthy alternatives with zero calories and no sugar. As a result, we can avoid weight gain, risks of heart disease, diabetes, and other health problems.
What Are The Healthiest Sugar-Free Coffee Syrups?
DaVinci Caramel, Torani Hazelnut, Jordan’s Skinny Vanilla, and Starbucks Natural Vanilla are the healthiest syrups right now.
Are Sugar-Free Syrups Suitable For Diabetics?
Yes, as long as they don’t have any sugar or artificial ingredients.
Regular coffee syrups offer a high-calorie count and processed sugar. We’ve shown how these two factors are detrimental to our health. This is why we need sugar-free syrups as perfect alternatives. Moreover, they come with all the popular flavors and beyond.
Our best sugar free syrups for coffee list consists of products that provide all the authentic aromas and flavors without sacrificing essential characteristics like zero-sugar, calorie-free, kosher-approved, vegan, gluten-free, and non-GMO.
And one last thing, you should also own a pump for your syrup to avoid any mess. It’s simple to use and wash, as well as reusable for future bottles.