You definitely don’t want to ruin the authentic espresso flavor because of a lower quality espresso maker. Do you?
Espresso is nothing but a brewing method of making coffee where you need some freshly grounded coffee and a decent espresso machine to make the job a bit easier.
In this comprehensive guide, we will look at the De’Longhi ec702 Review, which is a pretty good beginner-friendly option for making good quality Espresso.
Along with that, we will take a look at why it’s the right choice for the Espresso lover. We will learn how to use, how to clean, and some additional information that will definitely help you out if you are just starting your espresso-making journey.
So, without further ado, let’s dive right in.
Overview of De’Longhi eC702 Espresso Maker
- Use pods or ground coffee with the convenient patented filter holder.
- Craft cappuccinos or lattes with the patented easy-to-use frothier.
- 44 oz. and 1.3-liter removable water tank. Also has a water level indicator.
- Automatically self-primes and there is an On/Off switch.
- Pump driven and 15 bars espresso maker.
De’Longhi EC702 is a pretty good entry-level Espresso making machine. If you are a beginner and looking for the right option, we recommend trying this espresso maker. This machine is affordable and doesn’t let you break the bank in order to wet the feet.
The EC702 Semi-Automatic Espresso maker comes with some cool features that you won’t get from some other option available at this price point.
First off, this machine can be pre-heated automatically, which saves you from annoying start-up hassle. The machine is quite handy for making Espresso and Cappuccino as well, as it can control both steam and water temperature. Thanks to its water level indicator that eliminates the guesswork while checking the water level.
Some other features like a built-in tamper, removable drip tray, Pannarello milk frother are also available to deliver a pleasant working environment for making the perfect espresso. Whether you are doing with pods or grounds, a dual-function filter holder will take responsibility for that.
The Sempre Crema Filter works with grounds, and the E.S.E (Easy Serve Espresso) Filter designed to work with pods. In addition, the stainless steel boiler, along with some other parts, indicates long-lasting durability.
Benefits of Using De’Longhi EC702
- The self-priming feature eliminates the hassle of the annoying start-up by pre-heating the machine on its own.
- Dual-thermostats for effortless steam and water temperature control.
- The Pannarello steam wand can simplify the milk frothing process.
- With the 3-in-1 filter holder, you can select one or two espresso shots at a time.
De’longhi ec702 Review : Affordable Entry-Level Espresso Maker
Functionality of De’longhi EC702
So, you want to take a closer look at this espresso machine, don’t you? At first, we want to know some key features that make it unique compared to the others.
Build & Design
The Delonghi ec702 is an elegant looking and affordable entry-level espresso maker. The boiler of this machine is made of stainless steel to deliver long-lasting durability. Undoubtedly, you don’t want to invest quite a lot in a lower quality espresso machine. Besides, some parts such as removable cup support and cup storage tray are also made from stainless steel that is durable and easy to clean as well.
Its removable water tank can take around 1.3-liter water into it. This tank has an indicator that will give you a precise idea about the water level. Self-priming is also another cool feature of this coffee maker. This operation lets you eliminate the annoying start-up preparation by heating it automatically.
Depending on your preferences, you can make perfect espresso for latte or cappuccino. A handy steam wand is available in frothing milk for making a cup of latte or other types of coffee. The machine comes with a 3-in-1 filter holder, which is convenient for using pods or grounds. So, when you are in a rush, easy serve pods would be an excellent option for you.
Easy To Use
The whole machine is easy to clean by following their user manual. But don’t worry, we will cover that as well. There’s a drip tray underneath the removable cup support that catches all the liquid waste in it. A built-in tamper is another feature you may look for. It’s crucial to tamp the finely ground evenly, and that built-in tamp does it for you without spending some extra bucks.
When making Espresso, temperature plays a vital role in it. You won’t get the authentic taste from the coffee you made if you fail to control the temperature. That is why Delonghi ec702 has two separate thermostats for controlling both water and steam temperature.
De’longhi ec702 has a 15 bar pressure pump, which is pretty good in extracting the authentic flavor. Industry-standard pressure is 9 bars for making espresso, while many coffee connoisseurs think that 15 bars can do a decent job in making espresso.
Therefore, You may have noticed that most espresso machines come with a 15 bars pump. Too low or too high pressure may ruin the flavor entirely and deliver a bitter or sour cup that you definitely don’t expect. Do you?
This Espresso machine has a nice metallic color that gives an elegant look. This machine’s weight is 11.5 pounds, which is not too heavy or too light compared to the other options out there. Its Rapid Cappuccino System is dedicated to maintaining the temperature and offers you to brew cup after cup without any delay.
The water reservoir is designed in a pretty good manner that can be removed, refilled, and reattached effortlessly, therefore easy to clean. With an indicator, the level of water is always visible to you. At last, all the parts are dishwasher safe.
De’Longhi EC702 Reviews : Pros and Cons
What We Like:
- Self-Priming Technology will let the machine pre-heated on its own.
- About 80% of its body is made of stainless steel that indicates its long-lasting durability.
- Removable drip trays and other parts are pretty easy to clean.
- The built-in tamper will distribute the grounded coffee evenly at the portafilter.
- Easy to use milk frother while making Cappuccino.
- Dual-thermostat is meant to control both water and steam temperature.
What We Don’t Like:
- It could be a bit louder than some other options available at the market.
How to use De’Longhi EC702
Now, let’s take a look at how to use De’longhi espresso machine ec702 with some easy steps. No extra fluff; this to the point guide will help you in cleaning the machine effortlessly.
- First off, remove the water tank by pulling and then fill it with clean water.
- If you have read the previous section of this guide, then you may have already known that this espresso maker has a self-priming feature, which means it can pre-heated automatically on its own. To do so, just press the power button and let the machine be heated for at least 15 minutes before start the brewing process.
- Make sure the filter holder is attached to the machine at that time. In order to place the filter holder accurately, first, place it under the boiler outlet, then push it upwards, again turn the handle towards the right direction.
- Place the finely grounded coffee in the filter holder, but before that, don’t forget to insert the tab in the slot correctly. Also, make sure to clean the filter holder to remove any residues of ground coffee.
- Now, you have put the coffee grounds in the holder, depending on how many shots you want to get for one coffee place, about 7 grams, and for two coffee, place about 14 grams of grounded coffee.
- With the built-in tamper, be sure to tamp the coffee lightly to get an excellent espresso. Then attach the filter holder precisely under the boiler outlet. Place one or two warm cups underneath the portafilter.
- When you find that the OK indicator light is on, press the coffee button, and that way, you will see that the grounded coffee flows through the portafilter directly to the cup. After obtaining the desired amount of liquid, press the coffee button again to finish the delivery.
- If you want to make Cappuccino or Latte, you need to froth the milk. For that, press the steam button and wait until the indicator light is ON. When you see the steam indicator light is ON, place the milk container under the frother.
- Keep in mind that you need such an amount of milk to increase the espresso volume 2 or 3 times. Turn the steam knob anti-clockwise to begin the frothing process.
- When you notice that the milk has got the desired temperature, turn the steam knob clockwise and switch off the steam button. Now, add that frothed milk with the espresso and enjoy it. If you follow these steps, you should end up with an excellent cup of Latte or Cappuccino.
- Make sure to read the instruction manual for getting quite a lot of information about the espresso machine’s cleaning procedure. Overall, we would say you won’t regret purchasing this espresso machine as it has plenty of cool features that you may not find in other options at this price level.
Every machine is built differently. There are some common points in ‘how to use espresso machine’, at the same time, each machine has something different to offer. You should chose the less complicated one for yourself.
How To Clean De’Longhi EC702
For cleaning the machine, at first, turn the machine ON and empty the water tank completely. Add 1/4 of the tank’s descaling fluid and fill the rest of the empty portion with clean water. Then place the tank in its housing. Now, place an empty container underneath the boiler outlet.
When you see that the green light is on, press the coffee/hot water button to let the water flow through the boiler outlet. After approximately 10 sec. turn the steam knob anti-clockwise to flush the solution through the steam wand.
After another 10 sec. turn the knob clockwise and place its previous position. Now, let the machine rest for 15 minutes, and then do the same repeatedly until the tank is empty.
After that, fill the tank again with only the water and do the same that you have done with descaling liquid and water solution. And now your machine is ready to make excellent espresso.
Who Should You Buy It?
Delonghi ec702 is an entry-level espresso maker, mentioned in the previous section of this article. If you’re just starting, this should be a pretty good option to use.
At this price range, it’s a viable option with some cutting-edge technology like self-priming, dual-thermostats, and a dual-function portafilter.
If you follow the “how to use” section, then you can realize how easy the machine is to use. Suppose you are an expert in different brewing methods and looking for an option that will deliver next level espresso.
In that case, you should go for options like Breville Barista Express or De’Longhi La Specialista that might cost you a bit more but provide an outstanding job in preparing espresso. But overall, if you are a beginner, Delonghi ec702 will never dissatisfy you; that’s for sure.
Why It’s a good choice?
You may be wondering, what makes it so special to purchase? Well, first off, this is a perfect beginner-friendly and affordable option for making pretty good quality espresso.
Along with that, it has some cool features such as a dual-function portafilter for pods or grounded coffee, dual-thermostats for precise control of steam and water, self-priming technology for pre-heating the machine on its own before start brewing.
Besides, you will get a 1-year limited warranty from the date you purchase the item. This warranty applies only to the original buyer.
Some numerous buyers think that Delonghi ec702 is an excellent addition to their kitchen. They like the cutting-edge features that make it easy to use. With so many upsides of this machine, buyers are also aware of some of the downside, such as the machine makes annoying noise in making espresso. Most of them identified it as an entry-level machine. As it has a low price tag, it’s worth a try for newbies.
What is the warranty on the De’Longhi EC702?
The company has mentioned that the purchaser will get a 1-year (from the purchase day) limited warranty against any material defects or workmanship defects. This warranty is applicable only to the real purchaser.
What Is The Difference Between A De’Longhi EC702 VS ECP3630?
Both the items are made from De’Longhi, which is pretty well known for its product quality. The major difference between them is that ECP3630 (9.8 lbs) is slightly less heavy than EC702 (11.5 lbs). Besides, the water tank of ECP3630 can take about 37 ounces of water, while EC702 can take about 44 ounces; along with that, you can get Delonghi ECP3630 at a comparatively lower price than EC702. Both of them are pretty good options to purchase.
Hope this complete De’longhi ec702 review will help to make the right decision. We won’t tell you that it’s a fantastic option for those who are brewing for an extended period. It’s more likely an affordable, beginner-friendly, and entry-level espresso maker that is able to deliver a pretty good job in preparing espresso.
So, if you are on a budget and looking for an option that can deliver drinkable espresso, this could be a great option.
If you find this helpful, don’t forget to share it with your friends and let them know about the espresso maker. We have tried to keep this comprehensive guide simple to understand. However, don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section below if you have any opinions. We would love to hear from your end.