If you aspire to become your own home barista this DeLonghi Magnifica XS review is the right place for you. This compact super-automatic espresso machine has all of the attributes of any full-size machine but in a more convenient and smaller size.
It’s so easy to make Italian coffee drinks with DeLonghi’s patented cappuccino system frothier which produces a creamy, rich froth. Because of the single boiler system and energy-saving switch, it saves you money.
The machine can work with both whole beans and pre-grounded coffee. Four cup-size options and five different coffee-strength settings to suit any taste range. It’s easy-to-use with manual controls, a cup warmer, convenient water filtration, and a detachable drip tray. It’s a guaranty to serve you Coffee for years with the Magnifica XS.
Delonghi Ecam22110sb Review: Key Features
- Fresh Espresso for every cup: the professional burr grinder with 13 adjustable settings grinds fresh beans every time to ensure maximum freshness. You can also use pre-ground in the second chamber. Your choice of regular, specialty or decaf. The rapid cappuccino system maintains the optimal temperature so you can brew cup After cup instantly.
- Delicious cappuccino and latte: the adjustable manual cappuccino system mixes steam and milk to create the thickest, longest-lasting foam for your cappuccino. And it’s easy to adjust the levels to prepare a creamy latte, macchiato or flat white.
- Customized Espresso drinks: design your ideal Espresso and Cappuccino experience by programming in your preferences. The machine “remembers” the details, from the strength of your espresso to your preferred size Beverage and much more. Large 60oz water tank
- Warranties may not apply to purchases from an unauthorized retailer
The integrated grinding technology provides you with freshly ground beans every time. The grinding level can be changed according to your taste. The conical steel grinders are made for 100% precision grinding.
Fresh Espresso For Every Cup
The professional quality burr grinder with 13 customizable settings grinds fresh coffee beans every time to make sure maximum freshness. You can also use directly the pre-grounded coffee in the second chamber. Your pick of regular, decaf, or specialty. In addition to a large 60oz water reservoir, the rapid cappuccino system controls the optimal temperature so you can brew one cup after another instantly.
DeLonghi Thermoblock system offers immaculate temperature control for your coffee preparation. The machine achieves it by only heating up the water needed for each separate beverage.
Delicious Latte And Cappuccino
The customizable manual cappuccino system blends milk and steam to create the longest-lasting and thickest foam for your cup of cappuccino. And it’s also easy to adjust between the different levels to make a creamy Macchiato, Latte, or Flat White.
Customized Espresso drinks
Design your prime Cappuccino and Espresso experience by programming in your likenesses. The machine “stores” the detailed settings. From the customized strength of your espresso to your favorite size of a beverage and everything in between.
Your Foam, Your Way
A manual milk frother mixes the milk and steam to create a creamy, rich froth for evenly textured beverages. Just the way you would like to have them every single time.
The Freshest Cup Of Coffee
DeLonghi Tubeless System cuts down the amount of coffee powder to be left inside of the grinder to a bare minimum. Making sure that only newly grounded coffee is utilized to create your new cup of an espresso shot.
Consistent Brewing Every Time
Each cup of coffee is automatically brewed to the perfectly accurate temperature, density, and richness. Also, you can modify the settings to guaranty it’s always just the way you like to have.
No Waiting Between Cups
The Rapid Cappuccino System offers the optimum temperature. So you can brew one cup after another cup instantly.
It has a detachable drip tray and water tank. As well as you can access the used espresso ground as the machine offers front-accessibility for easy cleanup. Indicators will notify you when it’s time to actually clean your machine. All the components are dishwasher safe.
Easy To Handle And Clean
The extractable, compact brewing unit is not only easy to clean but also can self-adjust for one or two shots of espresso. See in details in the latter parts of the ECAM22110SB review.
How To Use Delonghi Magnifica Xs
Making Coffee Using Coffee Beans
Do not use candied or caramelized coffee beans. Because they can stick to the coffee mill and thus damage it.
- Fill up the container with your coffee beans.
- Place under the coffee spouts: 1 cup/shot glass if you want one coffee or, 2 cups for 2 coffees.
- Lower down the position of the spout as near as possible to your cup. It makes a creamier coffee.
- Now, simply just press the button corresponding to the number of coffees you require.
- Preparation starts. The light corresponding to the selected button will keep flashing on the control panel.
Once the coffee has been prepared, the machine is ready to be used again.
Making Coffee Using Pre-Ground Coffee
With pre-ground coffee, you can just make one cup of joe at a time with Magnifica XS 22110.
- First make sure the machine is on.
- Turn the dial of coffee taste selection anticlockwise. Turn it as far as until it reaches the “spoon full of coffee “position.
- Make sure the funnel is not clogged up. Then add one level/spoon measure of your preferred pre-ground coffee.
- Place a cup/shot glass underneath the coffee spouts.
- Press then the 1 cup coffee button.
- Voila! Preparation begins.
Cleaning And Descaling Process
How To Clean The Coffee Maker
Many of the DeLonghi Magnifica XS reviews forget to mention that these parts of the machine must be cleaned regularly. But not us though! So these parts are:
- Coffee grounds container
- Condensate tray and drip tray
- Water reservoir
- Coffee spouts
- Pre-ground coffee funnel
- Interior of the machine. Only accessible after opening up the infuser door
- Do not use abrasive detergents or alcohol, solvents to clean the coffee machine.
- With DeLonghi super-automatic coffee machines, you do not need to use chemical products to clean them.
- The descaler recommended by DeLonghi is formulated from completely natural and biodegradable substances.
- None of the parts is washable in a dishwasher.
- Do not use any metal or sharp objects to remove coffee deposits or encrustations as they could scratch the plastic or metal surfaces.
- The machine must be turned off before cleaning the internal parts. See the “Turning off” button and unplug from the mains power supply. Never submerge the coffee maker in the water.
- Please check regularly (at least once per month) that the interior of the machine (accessible only after the removal of the drip tray) is not dirty. If required, with a sponge remove coffee deposits.
- Remove residues with your vacuum cleaner.
- Clean the water reservoir regularly (at least once per month) with a moistened cloth and a slight mild washing-up liquid.
- With a cloth or sponge, clean the coffee spouts.
- Check if the holes in the coffee spout are blocked or not. If necessary, remove any coffee deposits with the help of a toothpick.
- Check regularly (about once per month) that the coffee funnel of the pre-ground is not clogged up. If it’s necessary, remove the coffee deposits.
- The infuser must be cleaned at least once every month.
Use only the DeLonghi descaler. Under no circumstances should you apply acetic or sulphamic based descalers. Their use will invalidate the product guarantee.
Note: Failure to descale the machine as described below will also invalidate the guarantee.
- Turn the machine on. Wait until it is set for use.
- Empty out the water tank then. Remove (if present) the softener filter.
- Pour in the descaler into the water tank. Pour up to level A. It corresponds to a 3.4oz or 100ml pack. The marking is on the back of the water tank. Then add 1 liter of water up to level B.
- Place an empty container underneath the cappuccino maker. The container should have a minimum capacity of 50 oz. or 1.5 liters.
- Wait for the coffee lights to light up gradually.
Pros And Cons
De’Longhi Magnifica XS review of ours does not claim that this is the be-all and end-all of all the super-automatic espresso makers. But it’s definitely one of the best in its class!
From the quotes of DeLonghi: “What more could You desire from an entry-level espresso maker? Absolutely nothing more than this! Not even a more expensive expresso maker usually delivers on all of such specs.”
- A compact machine.
- Easy to clean device.
- Good quality cup results.
- Exceptionally favorable overall.
- Details are thoughtfully put together.
- It has no interface display.
- Housing has no stainless steel.
- The grinder faces a few minor problems when set in the finest settings.
Comparing With Delonghi Esam3300
Since you’re going through our review of Delonghi Magnifica Xs which is precisely the ECAM22110sb review, we should also let you see the comparison with the other Magnifica model – ESAM 3300. Both of these machines available for a similar price and are almost identical when it comes to bean containers, pump pressure, bean capacity, and the built-in grinder. However, the ESAM 3300 model was exclusively designed for United States customers. Also, it has been an entry-level drudger for many coffee lovers for years.
Is Delonghi A Good Brand?
DeLonghi, as a brand, has an impressive line of coffee grinders, machines, and accessories to suit a wide variety of tastes and budgets. De’Longhi scores well by the critics and coffee lovers across as it offers machines to suit all of the popular functions and more with ease.
What Are The Differences Between Esam And Ecam Models?
ECAM offers a bit more technology than the ESAM. ECAM line allows coffee cups up to 5.25 inches, whereas the ESAM series lets you use shorter cups, up to 4.25 inches. The ESAM series have two boilers. One is for the espresso, and the other for steaming.
Can I Apply Vinegar To Descale A Delonghi Espresso Machine?
If DeLonghi provides you a descaling agent specifically with your model then you must not use any other cleaning agents. Descaling your coffee machine with vinegar or citric acid takes a bit more time but maybe a safer option. Simply fill up your machine with a blend of 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar for 5 cups of water. But in general, we do not recommend applying any uninstructed agents for your machine.
How Can I Turn Off The Descaling Light On A Delonghi Magnifica?
Add the mix of water and descaling solution to the tank. Press the one-cup button for 25-second descaling, hot water dial for 8 seconds descaling, and steam dial for 15 seconds descaling. Doing the one cup part once should turn the light off.
Actually, you need time to get used to the cheap plastic housing. But our DeLonghi Magnifica XS review shows that under the plastic hood lies a super-automatic coffee machine that is as perfect as you can imagine in terms of functionality.
The DeLonghi Magnifica ECAM 22110 wasn’t released to the market to upsell you their “expensive models”. Instead, it provides absolute great value for your money. Even though DeLonghi is aware of the fact that you’ll want an upgrade at some point in the future. But honestly, with the DeLonghi Magnifica ECAM 22110B, you won’t be feeling the need for an upgrade anytime soon.