Disclaimer: This page contains multiple affiliate links. We state that we may earn affiliate commission from qualifying purchases at no cost to you. See Details.
Single-serve coffee or a full pot of coffee? Well, how about both of them from a handy coffee maker? Pretty interesting, huh?
Today, we are going to share the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Review. This is a great cutting-edge coffee maker as it has both the single serving and carafe brewing system. A button-based control panel makes it super convenient to use therefore it has become one of the top picks among coffee connoisseurs.
We will write an in-depth review of this top-notch coffee brewer; along with that, we will share how you can use it, advantages and disadvantages, and lastly, some informative frequently asked questions that will quench your curiosity.
Hamilton Beach Flexbrew : Overview
- Two ways to brew: Brew a full pot using your favorite grounds on the thermal carafe side or make a cup for yourself using a Keurig K-Cup Pod or grounds on the single-serve side with this 2-in-1 coffee maker
- 12-cup carafe side with permanent filter: Features programmable timer, auto pause and serve and 2-hour auto shutoff.
- Single-serve-brew with k-cup pods or without: Pod holder and single-serve grounds basket are included. Features cup rest that adjusts to fit tall mugs and doubles as storage. Pod-piercing needle removes for easy cleaning to prevent clogging
- Separate water reservoirs: Each brewer has its own water reservoir that’s easy to fill and features a water window so you always know which brewer has how much water
- Brewing flexibility: The Hamilton Beach flex brew 2-way coffee maker has the option to please fans of all types of coffees and quantities, making it the perfect gift for a home with multiple coffee drinkers
The FlexBrew two-way coffee maker from Hamilton Beach is an easy to use and functional coffee maker. Whether you need a single cup of coffee or even several cups, the FlexBrew is on your way to help.
It has some cool features such as the auto-pause, visible water level, removable cup rest for placing long travel mugs, and many more. Both the single and carafe brewing side have separate water reservoirs.
You can use K-cup or ground coffee on the single-serve side. Brewing on the carafe side needs the right amount of ground coffee. Pod holder and ground coffee basket are included with the packaging for trouble-free brewing.
Who doesn’t love advantageousness?
In case of quality brewing output, pretty looks, and convenience while brewing this could be a great coffee maker to pick. Hence, some folks find it a great giftable option.
Benefits of Using Flexbrew
- With this coffee maker, you can brew both single cups of coffee or even a full pot for serving several cups of coffee at a time.
- The Single-serve side is compatible with both K-cup pod and ground coffee.
- Cup rest is removable therefore, you can place a long coffee mug in that place.
- Button based control panel gives it a super convenient functionality for brewing.
- You can choose the strength of the coffee just by pressing the brew strength button.
Hamilton Beach Flexbrew Review
Now, it’s time to look a bit closer to this coffee maker. We will mention some of the key features of this nifty coffee maker. Also, we will share how you can use it in making coffee effortlessly. So, make sure to read thoroughly in order to get a clear concept.
- THREE WAYS TO BREW. Brew up to 12 cups with ground coffee on the carafe side or use dual purpose single serving to brew a pod or ground coffee on the other. The included pod holder and single-serve grounds basket easily handle both options
- SINGLE-CUP COFFEE MAKER. Brew a cup with a K-Cup pod, another pod brand, or ground coffee. The included pod holder and single-serve grounds basket easily handle both options and the cup rest removes so you can brew into a tall travel mug
- BREW A FULL POT OF COFFEE: This programmable coffee maker has Easy-Touch programming for wake-up ready coffee. After brewing, coffee stays warm for 2 hours and the power automatically shuts off. AutoPause & Pour lets you pour a cup as coffee brews
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR BREW STRENGTH: Control how strong you want your coffee with Select-a-Brew: regular and bold brewing options
- 2 SEPARATE EASY-FILL WATER RESERVOIRS: Each brewing side on this Hamilton Beach coffee maker has its own water reservoir that’s easy to fill and features a water window, so you always know exactly how much water to add
This is the primary feature of this machine. Plenty of single-serve and carafe brewing machines are available at the market. Some folks face trouble while making several cups of coffee at a time with their single-serving machine.
In that case, this handy coffee maker offers you both the carafe as well as single-brewing condition. You can control the strength of coffee regularly or bold just by pressing the Brew Strength button.
Ease of Use:
The button-based control panel makes this coffee maker super convenient to brew excellent cups of coffee. Some pressable buttons are available for doing certain activities. You can control the strength of coffee by pressing the Brew Strength button.
Likewise, a programmable button is available for brewing carafe coffee at a later time. Note that, this programmable feature is only for carafe brewing. It seems like anyone who can place ground coffee or coffee pods into the right place, he/she can brew excellent cups of coffee with the help of these buttons.
This is an interesting feature of this coffee maker. If you replace the carafe from its place while brewing, the flow of coffee will stop automatically. This feature is pretty helpful when you need more than a single cup of coffee at a time, but you won’t wait until the carafe is full.
Usually, 12 cups sized thermal carafe tend to take 10-12 minutes to fill. With the help of this feature, you can serve your needed cups of coffee without letting it fill.
Both the single and carafe brewing sides have their own water reservoir. When you have to brew a single cup, you can add the needed amount of water to the single-serve reservoir. Though this coffee maker has two ways of brewing, you can use only one side at a time. Hence, make sure to fill the right reservoir when brewing.
Drip Tray with Storage:
The cup rest is removable and can be placed in a long travel mug in that place. Inside of the cup rest, you can store a ground coffee basket or pod holder. The cover of the storage is removable and can hold a little bit of drip in it.
Hamilton Beach Flexbrew : Available Options
Hamilton Beach Flexbrew : Technical Details
Let’s look at some technical aspects of this machine. First off, dimensions. The FlexBrew coffee maker is 13.66 inches tall, 12.24 inches wide, and 11.42 inches deep. Definitely, It will take some valuable counter space but your coffee is more valuable than that, isn’t it?
Besides, it has a long cord that comes with 24 inches of length. The carafe is made of glass which can hold up to 12 cups of coffee. Each cup means 5.5 ounces of coffee. It has a flippable lid which is pretty comfortable. A well-made handle gives it a sturdy feel.
The whole body of this coffee maker is made of plastic. However, silver and black color altogether give it a premium look. With the single-serve side, you can brew 10 oz. of coffee with K-cup pods and 14 oz. with ground coffee.
After brewing coffee with the carafe side, the machine goes to the Keep Warm mode; meaning the warming plate keeps the carafe warm for the next 2 hours.
You have to pour the right amount of water which is needed to brew coffee. Some other coffee makers are out there that will let you add more water for later brewing. But with this machine, if you brew coffee with the single-serve side, pour a maximum of 10 ounces (for K-cup) or 14 ounces (for ground coffee) of water into the reservoir.
And of course, the button-based control panel gives a comfortable brewing environment without much effort. You can control brew strength regular to bold with just pressing the Brew Strength. Moreover, you can program just only the carafe side to brew at a later time. For doing that, you will find the PROG button at the control panel.
Hope this comprehensive Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Reviews will help you to get a clear concept about this nifty coffee maker. We have tried to keep this whole guide simple so that everyone can understand it.
If you have followed all the way of this guide you shouldn’t face any more trouble in operating, cleaning, or even understanding different aspects of this amazing budget friendly coffee maker. After all, if you are looking for a durable and sturdier coffee maker, consider spending a bit more bucks and get a durable material made machine.
However, if you are on a budget and looking for good quality coffee then FlexBrew won’t let you regret purchasing it.