Disclaimer: This page contains multiple affiliate links. We state that we may earn affiliate commission from qualifying purchases at no cost to you. See Details.
Do you love a good shot of home-brewed espresso? Do you have your own signature recipe that Starbucks just can’t beat? Did your long-time favorite espresso machine just quit on you after years of use? Have no fear! The JURA E8 Automatic Espresso Machine has you covered.
In business since 1931, JURA, a Swiss appliance company, has been a world leader in the realm of automatic coffee and espresso machines. The E8 line, in particular, is a collection of sleek, modern machines that look perfect and make your coffee-making experience even better.
In this JURA E8 review, we’ll look specifically at the E8 Automatic Espresso Machine and how it can make your life easier by starting you off with a delicious, quick, and easy cup of brew each morning.
JURA E8 Automatic Machine Review
- The JURA E8 Automatic Espresso Machine has a high-tech, modern appearance that will look great in any kitchen, but does its performance measure up to its looks?
- The machine boasts several state-of-the-art technological features. These include Aroma G3, a built-in six-level grinder that claims to preserve the freshness of your coffee beans as well as grinds them twice as fast as conventional grinders. It also boasts a “pulse extraction process,” which produces optimal flavor and aroma.
- Plus, it includes fine foam technology, which creates the perfect layer of milk foam at the top of the cup; and an intelligent water/ filter system that makes using a filter much easier and more efficient.
- Though JURA is a Swiss company, their espresso machine is manufactured in the USA. It is easy to use and contains settings for espresso, cappuccino, and regular coffee, so you’ll be able to brew a great-tasting cup of whatever you might be in the mood for.
- ONE TOUCH: Prepare 16 barista quality specialties including espresso, coffee, cappuccino, flat white and latte macchiato at the touch of a button
- PERFECT ESPRESSO: Ultimate coffee quality thanks to JURA's exclusive Pulse Extraction Process
- CONICAL BURR GRINDER: Fast and precise AromaG3 grinder grinds whole beans to the optimum fineness
- : JURA is always freshly ground, not capsuled - fresh taste with very limited waste - single serve machine
- CAPACITY: 64 ounce water tank, 10 ounce bean container
Who Should Use This Product?
This espresso machine was made specifically for home-brewing extraordinaires—those who love their coffee and who prefer to make it at home. It’s a perfect premium choice for anyone willing to pay top dollar for an excellent-tasting home-brew.
If you love good espresso and you don’t want to leave your house to get one, you’ll love how quickly and easily this machine creates coffeehouse-quality shots. If you’re new to brewing your own coffee, you’ll be amazed at how foolproof the machine is to use.
And if you prefer brewing your own coffee but you think you don’t have the time or the knowledge to make espressos or cappuccinos, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how this machine simplifies the entire process.
How to Use This Product
The espresso machine is extremely easy to use. With a color display and easily recognizable buttons for espresso, coffee, cappuccino, and milk foam, it’s hard to go wrong. That said, the presets can mean the automatic controls influence the flavor more than you do. Plus, there are a few basic steps you should follow when using the machine.
First, decide whether to use ground coffee or whole beans. If you choose to use coffee grounds, you can grind the beans yourself or use the pre-ground. Insert your coffee grounds or whole beans into the proper contrain. The one for grounds will take about an ounce, while the one for whole beans can hold about 8 ounces.
Select whether you want to make espresso, cappuccino, or plain coffee, and select the appropriate button. From there, just follow the prompts on the readout and let the machine do the work. Within a few minutes, you should have a piping hot and perfectly balanced cup of joe.
From time to time, the machine will alert you that it needs to be cleaned. You’ll need specific cleaning tablets from JURA to clean it correctly. Insert one tablet into the coffee ground opening on top of the machine, place a cup or glass under the spout, and press the button. The machine will clean itself and will let you know when it’s finished.
E8 Automatic Espresso Machine Pros
The espresso machine is easy to use, produces a great-tasting cup of coffee quickly, and looks great sitting on your countertop. In addition, some other pros include:
- USA manufacturing guarantee
- Convenient features
- Versatile—can be used for espresso, cappuccino, and coffee, and with whole beans or grounds
E8 Automatic Espresso Machine Cons
Though the machine contains lots of features and modern technology, it is surprisingly expensive. Some users find it difficult to clean and claim that it is prone to clogging after repeated uses. Other cons include:
- Presets may not allow you to fully customize your brew
- Insufficient customer support
- The milk frother is unpredictable
- SIX-LEVEL AROMA: True and authentic coffee results are attributed to the Jura E8 Espresso Coffee Machine state-of-the-art technology. The unit's six-level Aroma G3 grinder preserves the coffee's delicious aroma and is capable of grinding fresh coffee beans two times faster than conventional grinders
- PULSE EXTRACTION PROCESS: Jura borrowed from some of the world's best baristas to engineer the Pulse Extraction Process (P.E.P.). This revolutionary technology optimizes coffee bean extraction time to allow for even short specialty coffees such as ristretto and espresso to have intensity and breadth of aromas unlike ever before
- CROWNING GLORY: Featuring Jura's own innovative Fine Foam Technology, the Jura E8 Espresso Coffee Machine invites you to indulge yourself in rich, delicious tasting coffee with the perfect layer of feather light milk foam. Call this the crowning glory of any popular specialty coffee including the latte macchiato and the cappuccino
- INTELLIGENT WATER SYSTEM: For automatic filter detection, the Jura E8 Espresso Coffee Machine is equipped with a state-of-the-art intelligent water system--now how's that for a smart coffee maker? Thanks to RFID technology, this coffee machine makes using a filter easier, more effective or more reliable over standard units
- JURA AUTHORIZED DEALER: Includes USA Manufacturer Guarantee
the JURA E8 Series
The JURA E8 Series includes different models and styles of automatic coffee machines. In addition to this espresso machine, the line includes a very similar Chrome Espresso Coffee Machine as well as the Piano Black Automatic Coffee Machine.
All of the automatic coffee and espresso machines in the E8 series have similar functions and features, such as the Aroma G3 grinder and the pulse extraction process. The piano black coffee machine is less specific to creating espressos and cappuccinos but can create several different tea and coffee beverages.
The machines are all small enough to fit comfortably on most kitchen counters, and all of them contain the same easy-to-use features and automatic functions that make them so popular. The JURA E8 line is truly a premium line of automatic coffee and espresso machines.
Available Options For Jura E8
Final Words on Jura E8 Review
In this JURA E8 coffee machine review, we’ve looked at the Automatic Espresso Machine specifically. By now, you should know all about the JURA E8 Automatic Espresso Machine and other related machines in the JURA E8 line. Maybe you’re already drooling at the thought of making your own perfect espresso every morning, and you can’t wait to get your hands on one of these machines.
If you’re willing to pay the money for a premium espresso machine, this one is worth considering. While it may be bulky and difficult to clean, its overall ease of use while brewing and high-tech features are not likely to let you down.
Enjoy Your Coffee!