The Jura ENA 8 is a new addition to the company’s extensive innovative line-up of super-automatics. It’s the smallest Jura espresso machine yet that offers automated grinding for optimal aroma and flavor with a touch of a button, making it perfect for your home or office setup.
In our Jura ENA 8 automatic coffee machine review, we’ll showcase how this model integrated ideal designs, and one-touch preparations with quality, customizations, and perfect milk foam. By the end, you’ll know everything necessary for you to decide whether this is the right Jura for you or not.
- Jura ENA 8: Brief Overview
- Jura ENA 8 Review: Key Features
- Jura ENA 8: Pros And Cons
- Technical Specifications
- Differences Between ENA 8 And ENA 8 Signature Line
- How To Use Jura ENA 8
- Cleaning And Maintenance of ENA 8
- Why You Should Buy It…
- Jura ENA 8 VS. Jura E8
- Jura Ena 8 VS. Jura S8
- Final Words
Jura ENA 8: Brief Overview
The Jura ENA 8 is a high-quality automatic coffee machine that has many features to offer, such as a milk frothing arm and hot water outlet. It also comes with a bypass doser, which allows you to use pre-ground coffee if you prefer. This machine is made with high-quality materials and it produces great coffee. It is easy to operate and has a sleek design that will look great on your countertop. Although it’s pricey, the investment may be worth it for those who love good coffee.
- The perfect coffee machine for anyone who wants quality espresso drinks with minimal effort
- Its compact size and simple design make it easy to use, even for beginners
- The conical burr grinder ensures a precise grind that results in superior espresso flavor
- The eco-friendly design means that your coffee is always freshly ground, not capsuled
Jura ENA 8 Review: Key Features
Design And Build Quality
The ENA 8 is available in three colors – Metropolitan Black, Nordic White, and Sunset Red. Any of these designs would amplify your kitchen aesthetics. The smooth body is paired with a compact touchscreen display for an ultra-modern look.
The Ena 8 is a one-cup machine that fits anywhere. It also weighs around 20 lbs. (9.4 kg) which is convenient enough for a small-sized super-automatic. The ground container holds up to 10 servings and the water reservoir is capable of storing 37 oz. Since the tank sits on the side for easy refilling.
It’s a small yet mighty super-automatic – programmed to fit your desires. It can adjust the amount of water to fit the size of your cup individually. Alongside the coffee strength, the brew temperature is also programmable for perfect cups of coffee every time.
Types Of Coffee Specialties
The Ena 8 comes with 10 different drink specialties. Each of them can be customized also. Below, we’ve tabled all the drink options for you to take a look at.
|Ristretto||Macchiato||Espresso Doppio||Cappuccino||Latte macchiato|
|Espresso||Flat white||Coffee||Hot water||Milk foam|
Brewing And P.E.P. Technology
The Jura ENA 8 is also equipped with its patented Pulse Extraction Process (P.E.P.) technology. It optimizes the coffee flavor and aroma for Ristretto, Espresso, and Doppio shots. Rather than giving steady pressure, the hot water gets pulsed through the ground coffee. It results in a better-extracted shot.
There’s also the thermoblock heater. It takes under 60 seconds to heat up. Jura provided a 15-bar pressure pump here too – signature for their automatic machines. This pressure produces espresso with a sought-after rich layer of crema.
Siphon Tube Milk System
The milk system is one of the crucial features in our Jura ENA 8 automatic coffee machine review. It quickly prepares any milk-based drinks with the help of the milk siphon tube and its fine foam technology. To make a milky drink, just connect the siphon tube to a milk container. The machine will siphon the required quantity and froth it perfectly. The “Fine Foam” technology incorporates just the right amount of air to produce frothy cappuccino or silky latte.
This siphon tube system allows Ena 8 to maintain its compact footprint. Also, it becomes easy to switch from dairy to non-dairy milk whenever needed. With the siphon tube, you will have the freedom to use any vessel to hold the milk. It also cuts down the maintenance and cleaning chores for you. The tube after each use gets self-cleaned via a short burst of steam.
The spout height is adjustable and it’s super convenient. The adjustment ranges from 2 – 5 inches. Allowing you to accommodate all except the tallest travel mugs. An unexpected feature is the amber or white cup illumination appearance.
Brewing With Pre-Ground Coffee
Jura also added pre-ground coffee brewing to the versatility list for this model. You can add pre-ground coffee to skip the grinding time. It’s handy if you’re an occasional or regular enjoyer of decaf or flavored drinker.
Jura ENA 8: Pros And Cons
- Uses 15-bar pressure
- Uses Jura’s CLEARYL Smart Water Filters
- Automatic rinsing, descaling, and cleaning
- Compatible with Jura’s J.O.E. app for remote brewing
- Its AromaG3 grinder and P.E.P. technology yield a more complex aroma
- Environmentally friendly with the auto-off and Zero-Energy modes switch
- Programmable customization for strength, water amount, and temperature
- An impressive hybrid between Jura A1’s with many of the E8 and S8’s features
- The grinder does make loud noises
- Can’t brew double-long coffees
- Oily beans get clogged in the grinder
- Doesn’t come with Jura’s intelligent pre-heating system
- Fairly expensive compared to other Jura super-automatics
- HP1 milk system only good for Latte, Cappuccino, and Macchiato
The impressive color range of ENA 8 comprises Nordic White , Sunset Red , and Nordic White. All of these colors are ideal for most of the home or office décor. TFT color display screen ensures a smooth interactive user experience.
Customizable aspects of this machine are 10 drink options, 10 different coffee strength levels, 3 brewing temperatures, and 3 hot water temperatures. The bean hopper carries 4.4 oz. and the water reservoir holds 37 oz. to bring all of these variations into your cup. CLEARYL Smart water filter ensures pristine water conditions for each cup of coffee.
It comes with 1 multi-level AromaG3 grinder for freshly ground coffee. The coffee grounds container is good for 10 servings. For convenience, it also has a powder chute for pre-ground coffee. When it comes to brewing, the brewing chamber can hold 6 – 10 grams of coffee.
This compact super-automatic has a dimension of (H x W x D) 12.7 x 10.7 x 17.5 inches – which is pretty good to fit in small spaces. You can also have decent mobility with its 3.6 feet of cable length around your kitchen. Even though 20.7 lbs. is normally considered heavy, for a super-auto machine, it’s lightweight.
Accommodation is the name of the game for Ena 8 too! The dual spot has an adjustable height ranging from 2.7 – 5.4 inches. You can save energy in style with Auto-off timers from 15 minutes to 1-9 hour options.
Being a super-auto espresso machine, it’s equipped with HP1 frothing and a high-performance 15-bar pressure pump. The thermoblock heating maintains the heat-up cycles proficiently. All of this requires 120 V ~ / 1450 W (Voltage / Power) and an ampacity of 10 amp.
Differences Between ENA 8 And ENA 8 Signature Line
The Jura Signature Line is the world’s 1st specialty automatic coffee machine that comes with a solid 3 mm. thick aluminum housing. ENA 8 is also part of this Massive Aluminum-based housing technology line.
Thus, they have differences in their overall weights. ENA 8 weighs 20.7 lbs. whereas the ENA 8 Signature line weighs 24 lbs. Also, ENA 8 signature line is only available in aluminum color. Other than this, you won’t find any other significant difference.
- Fine foam technology creates airy, feather-light milk foam for cappuccino or other specialties
- 2.8-inch TFT color display for intuitive operation
- Easy-grip cylindrical water tank with diamond design
- Solid, 3-millimeter-thick aluminum housing
- 2 Cup and Saucers, Filter Cartridge, Large and Small Coffee Canisters Bundle
How To Use Jura ENA 8
Setting Up The Machine
- Place your ENA 8 on a horizontal surface, away from water, and away from heat. Always keep the ventilation slots open
- Open up the bean hopper and clean it with a dry fabric. Now, pour in coffee beans and shut the lid
- Use Jura’s water hardness test strip to determine your water hardness level
- Switch ON the ENA 8. The screen will let you select a language. Pick one and save it
- Now, go to the settings to change the afore-tested water hardness level accordingly
- You may also change the measurement unit from oz. to ml. from the settings (optional)
- Detach the water tank. While at it, put a bowl under the dual and hot water spout
- Clean the water tank with cold water. Fit in the filter extension over the CLEARYL filter cartridge
- Insert the filter into the tank and fill it up with fresh water. Re-install the tank into the machine
- The machine will detect the filter and will perform a pre-programmed rinsing cycle
- Once the screen shows the “Empty Drip Tray”, pull out the tray and the bowl under the spouts. Throw the water out of them. Re-install the tray into the machine
- Thus, rinsing ends, and now the machine is ready to use
- When grinding, you can alter coffee strength by pressing the ‘< ’ or ‘ > ’ buttons on the screen
- To alter water and/or milk foam settings mid-brew, you can press the ‘ < ’ or ‘ > ’ buttons
- Once you’ve selected and changed, you can save the changes after brewing
- You can halt preparation at any time by pressing the ‘Cancel’ button
Making Coffee, Espresso, And Other Drinks
- Place a mug/cup under the dual spout
- Press the ‘Coffee’ button, it will begin the process
- Coffee and the strength level will be displayed. Change if necessary
- The preset amount of water for coffee will pour into the cup and the brewing will stop automatically
Making Milk Specialties
- First connect the milk jug/carafe with the dual spout
- Place a glass/cup under the dual spout
- Navigate and select the drink i.e. Latte Macchiato
- The milk foam will pour into the glass
- There will be a short interval for the hot milk to separate from the foam
- The coffee preparation will begin
- The preset amount of espresso will pour into the glass and automatically stop the process
- 15 minutes after such preparation, the milk system will automatically get rinsed. So, always place a bowl under the dual spout after making milk specialties
Cleaning And Maintenance of ENA 8
- Always clean the drip tray and grounds container. Rinse both of them with warm water. They are also dishwasher-safe
- Refit the grounds container and the drip tray back once done cleaning
- Rinse the water reservoir with clean water
- Always detach the milk pipe after each use and rinse it thoroughly under running water
- The dual spout can be dismantled and rinsed
- Wipe the machine’s exterior with a clean, soft, damp cloth
- Change the milk pipe and interchangeable milk spout every 3 months
- The descaling cycle lasts approximately 40 minutes
- Use only Jura descaling tablets. Clean up any splashes immediately
- Perform only when the Descaling symbol is displayed
- Press the ‘P’ (a multi-function button) button for 2 seconds to trigger programming mode
- Press the ‘Maintenance status’ option. Swipe and navigate to the ‘Descale’ option
- Press the ‘Start’ and then ‘Next’ button
- Empty out the drip tray and grounds container and when done, put them back into the machine
- Detach and empty out the water reservoir to pour in 17 oz. of water. Put 3 JURA descaling tablets into the water. Wait several minutes for them to dissolve
- Pour the solution into the tank and then refit the tank into the machine
- Place a bowl under the hot water spout. Press the ‘Next’ button again
- Descaling will start and water will flow repeatedly out of the dual and hot water spout
- The operation will get interrupted by the ‘Empty drip tray’ message
- Empty the tray and grounds container. Put them back into the unit
- Empty up the receptacle and again replace it under the spouts
- Remove the water, rinse it, fill it with fresh water, and finally put it back in
- Press the ‘Next’ button again to trigger the final rinsing stage
- The descaling will continue and water will flow out of the spouts
- Once you see the ‘Empty drip tray’ message, take out the drip tray and grounds container. Put them back into the machine
- Throw out the water in the bowl. Descaling is now done and Ena 8 is ready to use
Why You Should Buy It…
If you’re a fan of a hybrid style of machine, Jura ENA 8 is for you. Jura has combined its compact entry-level Jura A1 with ultra-automatic S8 and E8 versions to give us Ena 8.
If you’re looking for a great, powerful super-automatic, Jura ENA 8 definitely ticks all the boxes. Additionally, it’s a model whose design aesthetics adds a “wow” factor to your kitchen.
If you’re short of space but need a powerful espresso machine, the ENA 8 will meet your requirements. It’s one of the smallest super-automatic machines out there.
If you want drink options with quality, especially with milk foam, ENA 8 will be up to the task. Its overall 10 drinks, 10 coffee strengths, and 3 water temperatures will keep you playing with wonder.
Why You Shouldn’t Buy It…
Since buying a super-automatic is a worthwhile sizeable investment, it should check a lot of boxes. ENA 8 doesn’t do double-long coffee, unlike the Jura E8, S8, and Z8 models.
Also, ENA 8 doesn’t have an intelligent pre-heating system. So, heat retention between brew cycles is not up to par with other super-automatics.
Jura ENA 8 VS. Jura E8
It’s very confusing between the Jura E8 and ENA 8. Thus, we’ve made the table above. Compared with the Jura ENA 8, the E8 is a bit larger model. It can be a pro or con depending on your preference. If gains an upper hand in terms of 7 more drink choices than ENA 8. Both the bean hopper and the water tank carries higher capacities. All of these make it a heavier machine than ENA 8. Also, the presence of intelligent pre-heating in E8 means you’ll have shorter intervals between brew cycles. It’s a better choice but it costs more too.
Jura Ena 8 VS. Jura S8
Similar to the E8 model, the S8 is also a medium-sized super-automatic and it’s full of creative features. The Jura S8 can also customize your coffee exactly to your taste since it’s completely programmable. Make necessary changes on the fly with its intuitive touchscreen. If you prefer a double shot, you can also program that too, unlike with ENA 8.
The milk system is better with the inclusion of the HP3 system compared to ENA 8’s HP1. HP3 frother creates flawless microfoam. The active bean monitoring protects and amplifies grind quality which ENA 8 lacks. Much like E8, S8 also has a bigger bean hopper and reservoir. That’s why it’s bigger than ENA 8 and weighs more too.
Does Jura ENA 8 come with a milk container?
During a Jura ENA 8 purchase, you will be offered a choice of milk jug/container. Sometimes no milk container is offered at all depending on the vendor. But it’s not a problem with ENA 8, as it works with a siphon tube. All you have to do is let the milk container and ENA 8 get connected with this tube – and the rest will be handled by the espresso machine.
Where was the Jura ENA 8 manufactured?
This model of Jura comes from Jura’s manufacturing facility in Portugal.
Can ENA 8 make plain black coffee?
Yes, it can. One of the drinks preset is “Coffee”. It by default makes a 5-ounce pour (which also can be adjusted). You can also go for two pours into a standard 12-ounce-sized coffee cup. But it can’t do double lungo.
Jura has already garnered a reputation for making the finest superautomatics over the years. There are incredibly only a few numbers of brands offering the same quality in the market and price range. Our Jura ENA 8 espresso machine review shows why it’s perfect for coffee lovers who want to try super-automatics with a budget, yet do not have to sacrifice quality for it.