The Keurig K Mini is the perfect single-serve coffee maker for small spaces. It’s easy to use and has a variety of brew sizes to choose from. Plus, it comes with a removable drip tray so you can fill it up without having to move the entire machine. If you’re looking for an affordable and convenient coffee maker, the Keurig K Mini is definitely worth considering.
In the process of this Keurig K Mini review, we immediately noticed what made this coffee machine stand out from the others. Keurig K-Mini is equivalent to ease, simplicity, and convenience. The coffee machine needs a K-cup, water, and just a coffee cup/mug to brew coffee. You can brew a neat cup of coffee in 4 easy steps: insert your favorite K-cup, re-fill the water, place a coffee cup under the spout, and press an on-brew button. Voila! Thus K-Mini makes brewing coffee simple.
With this maker, it’s all about enjoying your coffee time, rather than indulging in the coffee brewing process. You do not require any advanced knowledge or skills in order to brew a cup of joe. K-Mini is among the rank of more affordable coffee makers for Keurig. The machine does its job well, brews decent coffee and it gettable in the middle range of budget.
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted.Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
- FITS ANYWHERE: Less than 5 inches wide, perfect for small spaces
- YOUR PERFECT AMOUNT: Brew any cup size between 6-12oz with Keurig K-Cup pods
- ONE CUP RESERVOIR: Just add fresh water for each brew
- FAST & FRESH BREWED: Coffee made in minutes
Keurig K Mini Review: Key Features
Keurig K-Mini can prepare anywhere between 6 to 12 ounces of coffee. The actual cup size relies on the water quantity in the water tank. If you fill-up the reservoir with 6oz, then you will get 6oz of coffee. If you fill 9oz of water, you will get 9oz of coffee. Note here that, the coffee machine uses all of the water poured into the water tank.
This coffee machine has a relatively small, non-removable water tank that can hold up to a maximum of 12 ounces of water. The container requires to be refilled right before each individual brew with the quantity of water you need for the brewing. You need to pour at least 6oz of water though in the water tank in order for the brewing process to run.
Fits Almost Anywhere
This Keurig K-Mini single-serve coffee maker is a great choice for space-constrained setups such as homes, apartments, offices, and even dorms. Easy to take this coffee maker on your vacation. It fits easily into a suitcase or in a car. The coffee machine is less than 5 inches wide and weighs less than 5 pounds.
Saves Energy And Offers Extra Safety With Auto-Off: This attribute is programmed to turn off the coffee machine automatically after keeping it idle for 90 seconds. This will help you conserve energy and, as a result, will help you save money too.
One thing is for sure K-Mini is a very fast coffee brewing machine. It takes about a minute to brew 6 ounces of coffee.
Saves Space, Organized and Clean with The Smart Cord Storage: Keurig K-Mini coffee machine has small storage for fitting its cord. This can be helpful for you to transport the machine more easily. Furthermore, it helps you keep your countertops organized, tidy, and free of electrical wires.
Keurig K-Mini does not have any sort of temperature control regarding coffee brewing. The water can reach about 170 – 180 F degrees. This is slightly under the perfect brewing temperature value.
The noise coming out of this coffee machine is insignificant. Honestly, it was among the quietest coffee machines you will ever have.
How To Use Keurig K Mini
Step – 1: Placing Your Mug
Add your desired amount of water into a cup/mug (6oz minimum and 12oz maximum). Lift up the water reservoir cap and pour the water into the tank. Do not fill beyond the MAX or under the MIN fill markings. Close the lid and place the cup/mug on the drip tray.
Step – 2: Inserting The Pod
Lift the pod handle. Place a K-Cup pod into the K-Cup pod holder. Lower the handle fully to lock and close the lid. The brew indicator light then will flash to notify that the brewer is good to brew. Do not remove the foil cap of your preferred K-Cup pod.
High Altitude Brewing: While you keep holding the brewer handle upside, push down slowly on the K-Cup pod inside the pod holder. Do until the base of the K-Cup pod is perforated by the exit needle.
- Note #1 Travel Mug Friendly: You can remove the drip tray to accommodate your travel mug
- Note #2 Cord Storage: Makes transporting the brewer suitable and keeps your countertops tidy
- Note #3 Brewer Auto-Off: Automatically shuts the brewer off after 90 seconds of the last brew to save energy
Step – 3: Brew And Enjoy
Press the brew button now. The brewer indicator light will glow solidly. Then it will begin to pulse while your brewer is heating up. After about 2 minutes, this indicator light will glow up solidly again. This is when the coffee will begin to dispense. Brewing is done when the brew indicator light will no longer glow. When it’s complete, lift the handle up and dispose of your used K-Cup pod.
CAUTION: While you are brewing, the water will be extremely hot in the K-Cup pod holder. Therefore, to avoid any injury, do not lift up the handle during the brewing procedure is going.
Cleaning Keurig K Mini
You will be really happy to find out how easy and convenient to clean this single-serve coffee maker. Some of its parts, such as the K-cup pod holder and the drip tray, are dishwasher safe. It is necessary to regularly clean the exterior body of the machine with a damp fabric or sponge. Keurig’s official guidelines recommended that the interior of this machine should be descaled every 3-6 months.
For further Keurig Caring and Troubleshooting Article read our “How To Reset Keurig Coffee Machine” here.
Descaling Keurig K Mini
You should descale your brewer each 3 – 6 months. Follow the descaling procedures below.
Please allow almost 45 minutes for the descaling cycle
- Cleansing Rinse – Turn on the brewer. Pour 4.6 oz. of the Keurig descaling solution into the water tank. Then add fresh water to the 10 oz. level. Put a large ceramic mug over the drip tray. Lift and lower the handle. But do not install a K-Cup pod. Press the brew button now. Once the solution comes out, throw it into the sink
- Internal Tank Cleaning – Repeat step – A. When the brew indicator glows solid, press the power button when the brewer begins to dispense. Let the brewer rest for 30 minutes minimum. Press and keep holding the brew button until all of the solutions get dispensed. Throw out the solution into the sink
- Fresh Water Rinse – Repeat step – A by only using 12 oz. of freshwater. Don’t add Keurig descaling solution. Repeat this step two more times. Perform extra freshwater rinse cycling if you taste/smell any residual taste
For Whom Keurig K-Mini Is Perfect?
- The machine can blend into many different lifestyles, spaces, and purposes
- The Keurig K-Mini coffee machine is best for casual coffee drinkers as the machine is quick, simple, and easy
- Keurig K-Mini is among the easiest coffee machines out there. It appears very intuitive for peeps of all ages. It has got only one button for all its tasks
- Instead of using an unknown coffee machine (i.e. public and hotel coffee machines) during your travels, especially in this new post-covid19 era, this carryable single-serve coffee maker is definitely a lifesaver for you
For Whom Keurig K-Mini Is Not Perfect?
- Not a good pick for those who love to experiment with coffee brewing
- While the coffee machine brews neat coffee, it does not carry the desired richness or depth for seasoned coffee aficionados
- Almost for the same reason, those who like to use their own grounded coffee or brew more advanced coffee beverages will not find this machine useful at all
- If you serve coffee to larger masses regularly and desire more manual brewing control, a coffee machine that offers more advanced features, with a larger water tank, is not made of plastic bits, feels and looks sturdy, reliable, and prestigious – K-Mini is not the pick for you
Keurig K-Mini: Pros And Cons
- Auto-off feature
- Extremely easy to use
- Affordable price point
- Great for smaller spaces
- Comes with cord storage
- Different brew sizes (6 oz. to 12 oz.)
- Clean and modern-looking exterior appearance
- Does not waste water (add water for a cup of coffee each time)
- K-cups usable only
- Limited functionality
- Made mostly with plastic
- Uses aluminum coffee pods
- The plastic may look a bit cheap
- No control over strength or temperature
- A small-sized, non-removable water reservoir, and needs to be re-filled before each use
Points Customers And Critics Are Talking About
- Reviewers loved the overall brewing quality and temperature
- Perfect purchase for home coffee drinkers, as well as the price, is right
- K-Mini doesn’t take up so much counter space and adds aesthetic value also
- Users found it easy to set up the first time, and consistently easy the 2nd time
- Users loved not having to dump out water from the tank for cleaning it all the time
- Both customers and critics have mixed feelings over the one cup of water at a time system
- Customers liked the small reservoir. It requires you to add fresh water every time to make coffee
Is Keurig K Mini Worth It?
K-Mini is worth it from the price and what it offers with it. It’s best for moderate, no-fuss, fast coffee drinkers, and while at it saves a lot of space and money. It’s #1 in Single Serve Coffee Machine Index.
Does The K Mini Use K Cups?
The K-Mini coffee maker allows Keurig K-Cup pods. But not compatible with K-Mug pods, K-Carafe pods, Vue pods, or Rivo pods.
Can You Use Regular K Cups In The Keurig Mini?
The Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker is compatible with all of the Keurig K-Cup pods. It’s also compatible with Keurig Universal My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter.
Does Keurig Mini Need A Filter?
No. Since this machine has a small reservoir it does not come with a water filter.
How Long Should A Keurig Mini Last?
Keurig coffee maker that is being used daily has a lifespan of approximately 2 – 5 years.
Can I Put Milk In My Mini Keurig?
No. Absolutely not! Such will ruin your machine. Keurig or any other coffee machine for that matter should not be filled with anything other than water.
Why Is My Keurig Water Dirty?
Check the water you are using for making coffee. If that turns okay then you must clean/run the descaling process on your machine and clean the water reservoir thoroughly.
As we tried to discuss in this Keurig K Mini review, we can confidently say this is a basic and small but quite promising coffee machine suitable for K-cups.
Given its size and weight, it can be an extremely attractive piece. It is perfect for offices and homes with space constraints (e.g. city apartments, dorms, offices, and hotels). And of course, it is great to carry on vacation. Keurig K-Mini will give you perfectly satisfying cups of coffee. Though there is no big fanfare or complexity in flavors, K-Mini can do the tasks well. Further, the brewing process is extremely simple, easy, and convenient.
The questions remain, will you get a Keurig K-Mini coffee machine? Do you love making coffee from coffee pods? Will this review of Keurig K Mini help you to buy one? Let us know what you think in the comments, below this Keurig K-Mini review!
Enjoy Your Coffee!