Keurig K-Supreme coffee maker is one of the best Keurig coffee machines on the market. It has many features that make it stand out from other coffee makers. In this article, we are going to take a look at some of the pros and cons of this machine so you can decide if it is the right fit for you. Let’s get started!
Keurig has signed off the year 2020 on a high note with the unveiling of their new MultiStream Technology with two of Keurig’s newest models, K-Supreme and K-Supreme Plus. Apart from this new technology, they also carry other important features needed for brewing a perfect cup of coffee!
This article will discuss even though this will be the Keurig K Supreme review in detail but we will also provide some need to know on the K Supreme Plus single-serve coffee maker model too! Follow our Comparison section between Keurig’s K-Supreme and K-Supreme Plus later in this article.
- New Multi Stream Technology
- Strong Brew And Over Ice Settings
- Fast Brewing Time
- Coffee Varieties
- Smart Maintenance Alert
- Simple Button Controls
- Back to Back Brewing
- High Altitude Setting
Keurig K Supreme Review: Key Features
New Multi Stream Technology
Probably the most exciting and noticeable feature of the Keurig K-Supreme and the K-Supreme Plus. The introduction of this MultiStream brewing technology is a feature that enhances the quality and flavor of brewing with your K-Supreme resulting in a better-tasting cup.
Multi-Stream Technology is unique to the traditional Keurig single-serve coffee makers. During the brewing process, it uses more puncture points on a K-Cup pod. The traditional Keurig brewing formula only uses 1 puncture point. A puncture point lets the water stream through the K-Cup coffee as it brews.
Multi Stream Technology for K-Supreme and Plus uses 5 puncture points. Again these punctures allow multiple streams of water to run right through pods’ coffee and saturate the grounds in the K-cup during the brewing process. As a result, achieve a more robust aroma and flavor in your cup.
Strong Brew And Over Ice Settings
If you are a fan of Iced Coffee, then you should be enthralled to know about the Over Ice button mode on the K-Supreme and K-Supreme Plus.
The Over Ice setting works by brewing a stronger and smaller cup of hot coffee. So that the drink will not become diluted when the brewing over ice happens. This is feature works great for those who drink iced coffee frequently.
Both the Keurig K Supreme coffee makers and Plus can brew strong coffee with the Stronger Brew mode by selecting the Strong Button. This feature slows down the brewing cycle and keeps the hot water in contact for a longer period of time with the coffee grounds. This produces a stronger and more flavorful cup of coffee.
Fast Brewing Time
Fortunately, the Multi Stream technology does not increase the brewing time of the K-Supreme and K-Supreme Plus models. Both of them have the ability to make a hot cup of coffee in minutes with a push of a button.
It is necessary to know that all Keurig machines use K-Cups. K-Cups are basically pre-measured pods or capsules that come in ready-to-brew. Your tasks when brewing with a Keurig are selecting a K-Cup you want to brew, placing it in your Keurig machine, and choosing your preferred brewing mode. Now, sit back and let it do its magic!
Over 400 varieties and 60 brands of K-Cups of K-Cup drinks are available for you to sample. This is one of the major selling points for any Keurig model. It’s a versatile range of drinks and drinks types that are widely available.
K-Supreme and Plus, both are compatible with The My K-Cup Universal Reusable Coffee Filter. So you can brew your own coffee ground coffee. These are sold separately though. If you want the best fresh coffee ground or like a more environment-friendly substitute to the K-Cups, the K-Supreme and K-Supreme Plus both allow you to brew with reusable filters.
Smart Maintenance Alert
Maintenance alerts on the Keurig single-serve coffee maker are helpful as they notify you when the coffee machine is due for maintenance. The K-Supreme and K-Supreme Plus both come with a descaling and add water alert. They will light up when their functions on the machine need to be checked. The descale alert notifies you when the machine is primed for descaling by counting 250 times of brewing.
Simple Button Controls
Just insert any K-Cup pod of your liking and use the button controls to brew a delicious cup. This feature works the same for both K-Supreme and Plus.
Back to Back Brewing
Back-to-back brewing is so convenient, as it allows you to make multiple cups one after another without having to wait for the water tank to warm up the water between the cycles. This allows you to make save time and serve multiple cups in no time.
High Altitude Setting
The Keurig K Supreme coffee maker and Supreme Plus both have this attribute. At high altitude areas, water needs slightly less energy and temperature to boil. Thus, Keurigs’ high-altitude function boils the water for you at a slightly lower temperature than usual.
- Voltage – 120V
- Material – Plastic
- Travel mug friendly – Yes
- Cord length – 28.74 inches
- Brewer weight – 5.78 pounds
- First availability – August 23, 2020
- Water reservoir capacity – 66 ounces
- Box includes – Water Filter and Handle
- Travel Mug Size Allowed – 7 inches tall
- Height with handle open – 16.94 inches
- Available colors – Black, White, and Grey
- Cup height allowed – 6.2 inches with drip tray and 7.2 inches without the drip tray
- Brewer dimensions out of the box (Water reservoir in rear) – 12.15” (H) x 6.36” (W) x 15.11” (L)
- Brewer dimensions out of the box (Water reservoir on the side) – 12.15” (H) x 7.85” (W) x 12.02” (L)
- Variants available – K-Supreme with Donut Shop Gift Set and K-Supreme with Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Single Origin Collection 40 count Pack
K-Supreme – Pros And Cons
- Noiseless machine
- Lightweight machine
- Affordable price range
- Suitable for reusable K-pods
- Easy refill with the water tank
- Leak-proof as well as heat resistant
- MultiStream technology for better-tasting coffee
- Removable parts are not dishwasher-friendly
- Do not have temperature control and has only one strength control option
If you like a minimalistic designed single serve coffee maker, then this Single-serving Keurig K-Supreme K-Cup Pod Coffee maker is the perfect brewer for you and your family.
- Multi-stream Technology Extracts More Flavor And Aroma In Every Brew
- Brew A Stronger Cup Or Brew Hot Over Ice For Refreshing Iced Coffee
- Multiple Brew Sizes – 6, 8, 10, 12 oz. Cup
- Removable 66 Oz. Dual-Position Reservoir
- Fast & Fresh-Brewed: Coffee Made In Minute
Difference Between K-Supreme And K-Supreme Plus
From overall design to Strong button and MultiStream technology, the K-Supreme and Plus common features have been described in our KEY FEATURES section. Now, we’ll focus on the differences.
Read on to learn about these differences so that you can make a concise buy of the version that suits your need best.
From the Keurig K Supreme Plus reviews, the customer and critics alike were wowed by the version’s offering more control over the coffee brewing strength. It comes with a digital screen. The screen displays 3 density levels for the coffee. By pressing the strong button each time, it goes to a level higher, making a stronger coffee drink.
Similarly, it has 3 temperature modes for the coffee too! Ranging between 165 – 172 degrees. So, you’ll have no more worries about your coffee being too cold or too hot.
If you’re in a hurry most of the time and need to gulp the coffee quickly, the 1st temperature mode will help. If you like piping-hot coffee, the 2nd temperature setting is what you need. There’s a little difference between the 2nd and the 3rd temperatures. Barely 2 – 2.5 degrees. So, you might not require it very often.
Supreme Plus’s customized experience goes to the next level with the ability to remember your favorite settings. Whether you prefer a 6-ounce, very hot with a low-density coffee or, a 12-ounce strong but with cold temperature coffee, you can easily save all of these preferences. The K-Supreme Plus, fortunately, has 3 different buttons for presetting. You can use those options for 3 individuals in your house or one person with 3 different preferences.
Despite having almost identical dimensions to the Keurig K Supreme coffee maker, the Plus comes with a larger reservoir than its standard version. More specifically, it can hold 12 ounces more water. Enough for one or two more cups of coffee. A peculiar but real drawback is that Keurig has not provided the repositionable reservoir from this upgrade! The water tank has a fixed position on the side. This larger tank allows you to have better serving options as with the K-Supreme Plus you can make an extra 4-ounce serving choice.
Design And Material
Instead of plastic, the K-Supreme Plus is made with stainless steel housing. The metal wrap prolongs its longevity. Reduces the wiping efforts, and adds more aesthetic appeal to the machine. Note though, this version is only available in a mix of silver and black colors.
The K-Supreme Plus is a bit more expensive than the standard Keurig K Supreme coffee maker. But it’s nothing horrendous. Given the Plus model’s added attributes and the contemporary Keurig K Supreme Plus reviews, it’s reasonable for Keurig to charge their customers a few extra bucks.
K-Supreme Plus – The Good And The Bad
The Keurig K-Supreme Plus can brew sizes as small as 4oz to as large as 12oz. You can also make it directly into travel mugs up to 7 inches tall. The stainless steel-wrapped body of the coffee maker has a 78oz water tank and is capable of back-to-back coffee brewing. The digital screen display on the Keurig K-Supreme Plus is easy to use and adds to the machine’s overall aesthetic. It can store your modified settings, unlike the Supreme single serve coffee maker. Digital Display that is not available on the Keurig K-Supreme. Customizable brew options and temperature control.
On the bad side of things, it’s more pricy compared to the Keurig K-Supreme model, you can’t change the position of the water tank unlike the Keurig K-Supreme, and it has limited color options too.
How To Use Keurig K Supreme Coffee Maker
Keurig K Supreme Coffee Maker – First Brew
- Plug and Place – Remove the packing tapes from the brewer. Plug it into a suitable grounded outlet. Place a large mug (at least 10oz, minimum) on the drip tray of the coffee machine
- Rinse and Fill – Open up the water reservoir lid. Then lift up the reservoir straight to detach it. If you have a Keurig Water Filter already (one comes with this model also), install it. Refer to the Water Filter Starter Kit for a thorough set of instructions, if needed. Rinse the tank with fresh water. Now fill it up to the MAX FILL line. Replace the water reservoir and then replace the lid
- Lift and Lower – Lift and lower the handle. Do not install a K-Cup pod. The brewer will get powered on automatically
- Cleansing Brew – The 4 cup sizes light on your Keurig K Supreme coffee maker will begin blinking. Press the 8oz button right before pressing the blinking brew button to start the cleansing brew. Dispose of the hot water into a kitchen sink. The one-time setup procedure is now done and you are set to brew your 1st cup!
Brew Your First Cup
- Place Mug and Pod – Place a mug over the machine’s drip tray. If you are using a travel mug, first remove the drip tray and then place the travel mug on the base of the drip tray. Lift the handle up and set a K-Cup pod into the K-Cup pod holder. Lower down the handle fully to close the lid. Do not lift/remove the foil lid on the K-Cup pod
- Set Strength – For bolder-tasting coffee press the STRONG button. Follow it up by pressing the brew button. For Iced coffee, fill up a large plastic tumbler with ice. Then insert any K-Cup pod. Press the OVER ICE button. Finally, press the brew button
- Brew and Enjoy – The 4 brewing-size buttons will start blinking. Select your preferred brew size. Then press the blinking brewing button. For a stronger-tasting coffee, press the STRONG button right before brewing. The brew button will stay illuminated during the brewing process. Brewing is done when the buttons will no longer be illuminated. Lift up the handle and discard the used K-Cup pod
CAUTION: While you are brewing, the water will be extremely hot in the K-Cup pod holder. To avoid any injury, do not lift up the handle while the brewing process is going on.
Note: The water reservoir is able to have multi-positioned along the left to the back of the brewer to optimize your counter space.
ATTENTION! This single serve coffee maker is only suitable with Keurig My K-Cup’s newly designed Universal Reusable Coffee Filter. Do not try to apply any other reusable filter. Or any previous versions of the Keurig My K-Cup’s Universal Reusable Filter. It may cause detrimental to your brewer.
The Brewer Features
- Smart Start – Heats up the brewer in one go. So, you do not need to wait around for this single serve coffee maker to heat up before selecting your brew size. Simply turn on your brewer by lifting up the handle. Add a K-Cup pod. Now select a brew size (6 – 12oz). Then press the brewing button. The brewer will heat up and automatically start brewing
- Auto-Off – Automatically shuts down the brewer after 5 minutes of the last brew to save energy
- High Altitude – It ensures the brewer works properly at higher altitudes (more than 5,000 feet). To enable the High Altitude setting: Press and hold the brew button. Then press and hold the 8 oz. buttons for 3 seconds. Voila! That easy!
- Strong Brew – For a bolder, more robust-tasting coffee
- Over Ice Brew – Make a tasty iced coffee at home
Caring For Your Brewer
Regular cleaning of the brewer keeps it running smoothly. Always make sure to turn off and unplug the brewer before the cleaning procedure.
- Brewer Exterior – Keep the Keurig single serve coffee maker’s body looking in its best form by cleaning the exterior of the machine from time to time. Just clean with a soapy, damp, lint-free, non-abrasive piece of cloth. Never soak the brewer in water or any other liquids
- Water Reservoir – The water tank should be periodically cleaned by wiping the inside surface of the reservoir and the underside of the lid. Use a damp, lint-free, non-abrasive cloth. Avoid drying the inside of the water tank with a cloth as there’s a chance remains of lint. Allow the tank to dry fully
- Drip Tray – The drip tray can contain up to 8 ounces of liquid overflow. So it should be emptied out and cleaned occasionally. To detach, slide it towards you and keep it level to stop any spillage. Rinse and clean with a soapy, damp, lint-free, non-abrasive piece of cloth
For great-tasting cups of coffee and to keep the brewer running at its peak performance, follow the recommended maintenance schedule.
|Weekly||Keurig Rinse Pods||Rinse away oils and coffee residue for a great-tasting cup of coffee every time.|
|Every Couple of Months||Keurig Water Filter||Keeps your water clean and fresh to maintain and enhance coffees’ taste.|
|Descaling Period or Every 3 Months||Keurig Descale Solution||Enhance coffee taste and avoid internal components detrition by eliminating mineral buildups.|
We have a dedicated full-length article on Keurig machines’ troubleshooting. Read it here!
You should descale the brewer after every 3 months. Or, when the descale notification light turns on. Properly follow up the descaling steps below. Depending on the mineral content of the water of your region, Calcium deposits or limescale may get build up in the brewer. Scale is non-toxic. But if left unattended, the scaling can downgrade the brewer’s performance. Regular descaling of the brewer every 3 months helps to maintain the heating components and other internal parts that stay in contact with water. Calcium deposits can build up very fast, making it absolutely necessary to descale more often.
Before you start, you will require freshwater, a large-sized ceramic mug, Keurig Descaling Solution, and access to your sink. Do not use any paper cups. Make sure that there is no coffee pod in the K-Cup pod holder. Please give approximately 15 to 20 minutes for the whole descaling procedure.
STEP 1: Prepare the Brewer
Pour out the entire bottle of Keurig’s Descale Solution into the empty water reservoir. Then, fill up the empty bottle with water. Now, pour the water into the water tank. Do not install a K-Cup pod. Place a large mug over the drip tray.
STEP 2: Descale the Brewer
To activate the descaling mode, start by plugging in and powering the brewer off. Then press and hold together the 8oz and 12oz buttons for 3 seconds. When flashing, press the brew button. It will kick-start the descaling mode. Once the brew is done, pour out the hot liquid into your kitchen sink. Repeat this step till the ADD WATER light gets illuminated.
STEP 3: Fresh Water Rinse
Empty out and rinse the water tank. Now refill it to the MAX Fill line with fresh water. When flashing, to begin the rinsing mode, press the brew button. Once the brewing is done, pour out the hot liquid into the kitchen sink. Repeat the step till the DESCALE notification light gets turned off. It indicates that your Keurig K Supreme coffee maker has now exited the Descaling mode and it’s ready to be used again!
Why You Should Buy K-Supreme
- Affordably priced machine
- Auto-off feature to save you energy
- Lightweight machine, allows travel mug size drinks too
- Heats up in no time. So, you can make back-to-back cups of quality coffee so quickly
- Bigger water reservoir. It will help you to avoid refilling it for each cup, unlike other Keurigs
- Environment-friendly coffee lovers or the K-Cup pod critics can give this machine a chance as they added a reusable filter option for this machine
- The brand new Multi-Stream brewing technology will improve your coffee-tasting experience. If you are already using a different Keurig or using a similarly priced machine then we highly recommend the K-Supreme
Why You Shouldn’t Buy
- If you don’t like the pod/capsule-based coffee experience
- You prefer a more sophisticated brewing experience and control over it
- Control over brewing temperature is not possible. Just 1 brewing strength control setting
- You may find it more tempting to go for other coffee/single-serve coffee makers in the same price range who are offering more on their product
What The Customers And Critics Are Saying
Users loved the Strong brew mode. They also loved that this machine can be stored so easily and its reservoir is moveable (not detachable).
Critics and users alike loved that there is no wait for single serve coffee. You can brew a cup in a minute! Users found it very easy to use and have options for making iced coffee too. You can also fit your 7 inches-tall travel mug into it.
The exterior build design made customers love it. It looks great in our new kitchen – admitted by many users.
With so many troubleshooting issues with all Keurig models, this one didn’t escape from it either; as few customers questioned, and some faced reliability issues after the purchase.
But, when it comes to cleaning and caring, customers do admit that the Keurig K Supreme coffee maker is much easier to clean and operate on a daily basis.
The overall design is described by the users and customers simply: “Very slim, slick, small, and compact”.
Alternatives To K-Supreme
Keurig K-Elite Single Serve Coffee Maker
The Keurig K-Elite comes with a 1 water filter handle, and 1 filter to make sure your coffees taste their absolute best. K-Elite brews multiple cup sizes – 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12oz. You will not miss out on any popular cup sizes using this machine.
A strong brew button is also added to this model to increase the boldness and strength of your coffee’s taste. Also comes with the Iced Coffee setting. Brew hot over ice with a touch of a button for a full-bodied, delicious cup of iced coffee.
Compatible with the accessory of Keurig’s gold-tone mesh filter. It’s a reusable coffee filter that you can use to brew a perfect full carafe (the filter is sold separately).
YOU MAY ALSO READ: Comprehensive Review of Keurig K-Elite.
Keurig K-Duo Single Serve Coffee Maker
Single serve coffee machine but has a 12-Cup carafe for drip coffee brewing. Compatible with both the K-Cup pods and ground coffee – Keurig K-Duo is another unique coffee maker that can be a substitute for your Keurig K-Supreme.
K-Duo comes with a 12-cup glass carafe. The usual K-pod setup and also a heating plate to keep your coffee hot. Makes things convenient since this one has a carafe.
You can brew a cup and a carafe by using both ground coffee and K-cup pods. The height of the machine is (with the handle open) 17.63 inches. The height with the drip cover open is 18 inches. The K-Duo’s multiple brew sizes are 6, 8, 10, and 12-cup (using the carafe) and 6, 8, 10, or 12-ounce cups (with K-pods).
Is Keurig K-Supreme Worth It?
In short, yes! It works great. It makes better and stronger flavored coffee than the old Keurig models. The coffee is noticeably also an improvement compared to the K55 model. Also, the new water reservoir comes with a handle. Thus making things easier when you need to remove or put them back.
Does The Keurig K-Supreme Use Regular K Cups?
Yes, you can. Just insert any K-Cup pod and then use the button controls to make a delicious cup of coffee.
Where Does The Water Filter Go In A Keurig K-Supreme?
Soak the filter cartridge for 5 minutes in water. Rinse it then for 60 seconds. Rinse the mesh of the lower filter holder. Next, install the cartridge into the mesh/lower filter holder. Adjoin the upper and lower filter holder. Place it into the Keurig water tank and push it onto the dock.
How Do I Reset My Keurig Supreme?
Turn off the brewer. Unplug it for a couple of minutes. Detach the water reservoir. Plug your machine back in. Wait again for a few minutes. Now power the machine on. Attach the water reservoir back. Open and close the holder of the K-cup.
When Did The Keurig K-Supreme Plus Come Out?
Both of the Keurig K-Supreme and K-Supreme Plus came out in August 2020.
What Is Keurig Multistream Technology?
MultiStream Technology for K-Supreme and Plus uses 5 puncture points. Again these punctures allow multiple streams of water to run right through pods’ coffee and saturate the grounds to enhance the quality and flavor of brewing.
Does The Keurig Supreme Plus Have A Timer?
No, it does not have one.
When Should I Replace My K-Supreme Water Filter?
It should be changed after brewing around 1000 fluid ounces. That equates to 125 times 8oz cups of coffee. More simply, after about every 2 months of daily usage.
Can You Make Tea In A Keurig K-Supreme Plus?
Yes, you can make tea, cocoa other than coffee in a Keurig K-Supreme and Plus model.
How Can I Save The Settings For My Favorite Coffee?
To save your customized settings, use the 3 user profile buttons. Once you selected a brew size, strength, and temperature, press and hold 1 of the 3 user profile buttons to save that setting. Note: Only K-Supreme Plus has this function. You can’t save settings with a K-Supreme model.
How Do I Replace The Water Filter On My Keurig K-Supreme Brewer?
Empty out the water tank first. The filter cartridge is set on the lower filter holder. And the lower filter holder is joined with the upper filter holder. You can pull the upper filter holder from the dock inside the water tank. After taking out this filter tube, set them apart one by one to clean or replace.
Which Is Better Keurig Elite Or Keurig Supreme?
Purchase the Keurig K-Supreme if you love a compact coffee machine or you are searching for a machine that can brew, especially bold flavors. The multi-stream technology will offer you an intensely aromatic cup every time. But we’d recommend the K-Elite for those who love more control over their brewing options. It offers you more options for cup size, water capacity, and temperature. It can brew more cups at once than the K-Supreme.
Indeed, everyone wishes for a Keurig coffee maker to prepare coffee within seconds to avoid the early morning queues at their local Starbucks. Here in our Keurig K-Supreme review, we explained how it can fit into any household and kitchen setup without making any mess.
We have even made some considerable distinctions between the Keurig K-Supreme and K-Supreme Plus if you are looking for more information – ultimately it comes down to you. We hope the information amassed here serves as perfect guidance for your future single serve coffee maker purchase experience.