Keurig has become synonymous with single-serve brewing machines. It is best known for marketing the first-ever coffee-pod brewer machine. Their instinctual design for these pod brewers has revolutionized the coffee maker market like never before. Also, big thanks to their innovative new brewing systems have cut down all the tedious steps like mixing and measuring for making a delicious cup of coffee at home or in professional spaces. The Keurig K155 is such an addition to their impressive line of coffee makers. The Keurig K155 is actually an upgrade of the Keurig K150 model. Even though it’s labeled as an “Office Pro Commercial” coffee maker, it’s also suited for a home setup. So, let’s read all about it in our Keurig K155 review.
Keurig K155 Review: Key Features
Designed To Match Its Purpose
The silver-tone and slick design of this machine are combined to express its place, statement, and functionality. Keurig made sure to give this coffee maker a simple easy to use yet elegant outlook. There are no flimsy or unnecessary designs and attachment comes with it for easy and quick access.
Construction And Dimensions
Since, it’s more known as a coffee maker for office and commercial spaces, its construction, dimension, and weight suddenly become a bit more important. The Keurig K155 comes with a dimension of 13.25 x 12.25 x 9.5 (H x D x W) inches and with a weight of 6 pounds. So, it won’t take much space and is easy to carry around. Keurig used plastic to construct the machine to cut the weight down. This model is only available in silver color which by the way an ideal color to fit in any background whether placed in an office or at a home. An important footnote is that when it’s the K-Cup chamber opened fully, the height goes up to 16 inches.
K155 comes with programmable options for accurate coffee tailoring according to your taste. First, the temperature control feature. The K155 offers you to change and control a range of 188 F to 198 F temperature for your brews. You can also change between 4 different drink sizes with your own desired brew length as well. With a touch of a button, you can get the same coffee recipe every single time.
Direct Water Connection
For its commercial purpose, you are given the choice to directly install a water line into this machine. Thus, making it one of the most important features of our Keurig K155 Commercial Coffee Maker review. This makes refilling way easier and saves valuable time. The K155 although can be connected to your plumbing but the warranty may be considered void in that case. Using this option is necessary when you use this machine in an environment that consists of high customer traffic, such as at a restaurant or a college campus, or even an office. Call up your plumber to fix that direct water line connection.
The Water Reservoir
Keurig K155 has an extremely large 90 oz. water reservoir. It’s a perfect capacity for large families. On average, this 90 oz. the reservoir will give you up to 18 cups of coffee. The reservoir has a black side panel with a triangle shape that fits in on the side and near the control panel. You can remove it quite easily for cleaning and refilling. It has a lid too in case you need to pour the water from a jug or a pitcher.
The daily usage and controls of the Keurig K155 are quite simple. All of the functionalities can be accessed from the LCD touchscreen. The touchscreen is placed on the machine’s front panel. The touchscreen will show you some brief tips, guidance, and the status of the coffee maker. A coffee-related animation will be on display when it’s in the brewing phase. The ON/OFF switch is located on the left side near the back. Beneath the touchscreen panel, you’ll see the brew button. The LCD screen also views local time and you can also choose between English, Spanish, and French from the settings for this machine.
Pros And Cons
- 4 different brew amounts.
- UL Commercial listed coffee maker.
- Extra-large 90 oz. of water reservoir.
- Can brew with both licensed and unlicensed K-Cup pods.
- Detachable drip tray can accommodate travel mugs also.
- Interactive LCD full color touch display with different language functionalities.
- Allows you to pick from 500+ varieties and 75 brands of coffee, tea, iced, and specialty pods.
- No brew strength control feature.
- Not compatible with the My K-Cup.
- Max 10 oz. brew size which is a downgrade from their K150’s 12 oz. maximum capacity.
- Direct water line plumbing is possible but does not provide the required accessories with the machine.
- Styled to impress, this Keurig coffee maker offers the features that everyone will value
- Touch screen interface: An advanced full color touchscreen interface with adjustable brew temperature and programmable auto on/off settings
- Pour over water reservoir: With a 90 ounce, easy to fill, removable water reservoir, you can make upto 18 cups before refilling; Full color lcd touchscreen
- 4 brew sizes: Choose from 4 different brew sizes : 4 ounce, 6 ounce, 8 ounce or 10 ounce from strong to milder brewed beverages; because tastes differ
- Drain and store: Only Keurig commercial coffee makers offer the option to easily drain and remove water from the internal hot water tank for transport and storage
The Keurig K155 has the “OfficePRO Premier Brewer” system. It ensures brewing a perfect cup of tea, coffee, hot cocoa, or iced coffee in 1 minute at the touch of a button. This machine provides a steady temperature around 188° – 198º F.
This fully programmable machine has an interactive LCD touchscreen. It allows the user to access all the functionalities, controls and monitors the brew temperatures.
With its 90 oz. pour-over style water reservoir, you can easily detach and refill it. Such a big reservoir will allow you to make 18 cups each time. Make 18 cups of coffee with 4 different brew sizes ranging from 4 ounces to 10 ounces. Unlike other Keurig Commercial Coffee Makers, the K155 does not come with any water filter. You have to buy the filters separately from Keurig or any other compatible 3rd party brands.
This K155 has a nifty yet unique function called Drain and Store. It allows you to easily drain and remove any remaining water from the internal hot water tank for safe storage and transportation of the machine.
This K155 automatic coffee maker is made with silver-toned full plastic to reduce weight (weighs only 6 lbs.). Standard dimension is 13.25 x 12.25 x 9.5 (H x D x W). So, it’s easy to set up on your kitchen counter or in an office.
How To Use
Setting It Up Before Using
- Remove all the tapes. Also, remove the clear plastic film from the LCD touchscreen display.
- Unwrap its cord and plug your K155 into a grounded outlet.
- Turn on the Keurig K155. You can find the power switch at the top left-hand side on the back of the brewer. The LCD screen will show the welcome screen once fully powered on.
- Detach the water reservoir from the machine. Always remove the lid first from the reservoir. Then lift the reservoir straight upwards and towards the right of the machine.
- Rinse the reservoir with fresh, clean water. After that, fill up the reservoir to the “Fill” mark with clean water. Finally, reinstall the reservoir into the brewer. Make sure that the locking tabs are engaged with the brewer. Do not forget to put the reservoir lid back on.
- For the next 3 minutes, the coffee machine will automatically fill up the internal hot water tank to be heated for brewing. During this heating-up period, the LCD display will show a “HEATING PLEASE WAIT” message on the screen.
- Place your 10 oz. mug under the spout. Now fully raise and lower the brewer handle. The BREW button will be illuminated. Simply press the BREW button to start a cleaning cycle.
NOTE: Since it’s a cleansing cycle, no K-Cup pod should be in the holder for this sequence.
- When the cleansing is finished, throw out the water in the mug. The brewer will then enter into its idle state while getting ready to brew your next batch of coffee.
How To Brew
Like all of our coffee maker articles, our K155 review also includes the simple steps to make coffee with this machine once you are done setting it up!
- The LCD display should be in its idle state, to begin with.
- Now lift up the K-Cup Pack Holder handle. Select a K-Cup pack of your choice.
NOTE: Do not remove the pods’ lid or puncture the K-Cup pack before installing it onto the holder.
- Place the K-Cup pack in its holder. Be careful of the 2 sharp needles that puncture these pods. One is above the holder and the other one is at the bottom of the holder.
NOTE: To avoid any potential injury, we recommend not to put your fingers inside the pack assembly housing.
- Lower the handle and close the lid of the pack holder. When it’s properly closed, the BREW button will flash up for 60 seconds.
- Now, place a mug on the drip tray. Select your preferred brew size (from 4 to 10 ounces). After that, press the BREW button.
NOTE: If you somehow do not press the BREW in 60 seconds; the machine will get back to its idle position. The Brew button will also stop flashing. To re-activate, raise the handle fully and then close it down.
- There will be a short pause before it starts dispensing coffee. The full brew process lasts for 1 minute only. It finishes with a burst of air. This burst removes all the liquid from the K-Cup pack.
- The LCD display will show the message “KEURIG BREWED ENJOY” at the end. Now, lift up the handle and remove the used K-Cup pack. Be careful though, the K-Cup pod will be hot. So, you should wait a moment before doing that.
- Now, it’s your time to simply enjoy the first cup of Keurig Brewed gourmet coffee or tea or even hot cocoa!
- The brewer could display a message such as “HEATING PLEASE WAIT”. Basically saying it’s heating up the water for the next brewing cycle.
Cleaning And Maintenance
- Never immerse the Keurig commercial coffee makers in water or any other liquids.
- The Housing and other exterior units should be cleaned with a soapy, damp, and non-abrasive fabric.
- The drip tray can only accumulate up to 12 oz. of liquid. Periodically inspect and rinse the tray.
- Both the drip tray and its plate should not be placed in a dishwasher. Use a damp, soapy, and non-abrasive cloth to clean them and rinse them thoroughly.
- You can remove the funnel from the K-Cup Pack Holder. Just keep pulling on it until it pops off. The funnel is also dishwasher safe.
- The Exit Needle can be cleaned with a paper clip or similar tool. Remove the K-Cup Pack Holder first and then detach the Funnel. Now just insert the paper clip into the Needle to clear up any clogging. After that flush it with water. Use the low-temperature cycles of your dishwasher when cleaning these parts.
- Both the reservoir and its lid should not be put into the dishwasher. You should clean them with a damp, soapy, and non-abrasive piece of cloth. Always rinse them thoroughly. Do not dry the interior of the reservoir with a cloth to avoid having lint inside the reservoir.
Descaling The Brewer
The K155 should be descaled every 3 to 6 months for optimal performance. It’s possible for Calcium to deposit faster, hence making it necessary to descale more often.
- Have an empty sink and a large ceramic mug (avoid using any paper cups). Then have at least 90 oz. of undiluted white vinegar.
- Empty up the reservoir. Then disable the “Auto Off” and program the “On/Off” timer.
Filling And Cleaning
- Pour the white vinegar into the reservoir.
- Place the large ceramic mug over the drip tray plate. Now select the Large Mug brew size and run the water brew cycle.
- Pour the contents of the mug into the empty sink.
- Repeat the brewing process 3 more times.
- Let the machine stand for at least 4 hours while keeping the power on.
- Fill the reservoir with fresh water. Then place the large ceramic mug on the drip tray plate.
- Select and run the water brew cycle. Throw out the water of the mug into your sink.
- Repeat this process until the reservoir is fully empty.
- Do additional water brew cycles if you can’t get rid of the residual taste and odors.
Reasons You Should Buy The K155…
If you’re looking for a coffee maker that has a large water capacity then Keurig K155 should be your ideal choice.
Subsequently, if you have to serve a lot of coffee at once, then K155’s 18 cups serving in one refilling is the way to go! On top of that, you can alter the brewing amount with it also (4, 6, 8, and 10 oz.).
If you like to manually observe and control brew temperature then K155 fits the bill perfectly too.
The sleek exterior minimizes trouble and made it easy for frequent cleaning. Also, no funny business when it comes to spillage. Its removable drip tray holds up to 8 oz. of liquid. The reinforced plastic exterior works well to avoid scuffing and staining possibilities.
If you’re looking for a manageable, lightweight, easy-to-move, and store the coffee machine for your office environment, the K155 checks all the boxes. Not only that, its “Quiet Brew Technology” makes coffee without making any noise. So, your workplace can maintain its integrity.
Reasons You Shouldn’t Buy It…
Connecting to a plumbing line will void the warranty of the machine. Plus, you’ll have to buy the required parts and accessories for the plumbing.
If the investment is not an issue, there are way better and heavy-hitting direct plumbing machines are available.
Even though it’s an automatic coffee maker, it still lacks basic brew functionalities such as timer and brew-strength control.
Chrome-plated parts give this machine a cheap look and are prone to hard water stains. Only compatible with Keurig’s descaling solution.
Comparing Keurig Commercial Coffee Makers: K155 And K150
You may have already noticed that the K155 looks a lot like the K150. So, what’s the difference?
Simply put, the K155 is the successor to K150. The K155 has only been capped to 10 oz. brew size whereas the K150 brews an extra size of 12 oz. cup size too. Keurig has stated that they want the K155 to be more as an office-oriented machine whereas they made K150 more for both office and home purpose machines.
It’s a UL commercial listed model. Both have the same massive 90 oz. water reservoir suitable for 18 cups of coffee.
Both the K155 and the K150 can be hooked up to a water line. But only the latter one comes with the proper accessories needed to connect the machine.
The Keurig K155 OfficePRO is an outstanding commercial-grade brewer suitable for either office or small to medium-sized commercial environments.
For our money’s worth, we say both are good choices for you. But the K150 has an upper hand with that extra 12 oz. brew size. Once you sort out the direct water line both of these models perform similarly.
Does Keurig K155 Have A Water Filter?
No. Keurig K155 does not come with its own water filter. Thus, you can use separate filters for this machine too! You can buy Keurig filters as well as other 3rd party filters for this machine.
Can You Plumb A Keurig K155?
Yes. You can do the direct plumbing with your Keurig K155. The only issue is that Keurig does not provide the necessary parts/accessories for the water connection, unlike the K150 model. So, you simply have to buy the parts for the pluming with K155. It’s one of the downsides of the machine.
Which Keurig Does Not Come With A Reservoir?
Keurig K-Slim Coffee Maker does not have its own reservoir. Unlike most other Keurig models, the K-Slim coffee machine has no water tank in it. Thus it depends on only the external water reservoir connection to perform.
Keurig K155 comes with effective features, good capabilities, design, and aesthetics. This coffee maker is perfect whether you buy it for your home or for your commercial setting thanks to the direct water line connection facility. The machine has garnered labels such as reliable and efficient by the new and old customers along with the critics. Like any other man-made machine, this coffee maker is not beyond any reasonable downsides but those issues certainly cannot outweigh all of its pros. And likewise, our Keurig K155 Commercial Brewing System review reflects exactly that!