The Nespresso Creatista Plus allows you to make authentic top-quality milky coffee drinks and latte arts easily at home. Thanks to Nespresso’s coffee expertise and Breville’s advanced technology, they have formalized a super-convenient coffee machine.
In our Nespresso Creatista Plus review, we’ll guide you through its key features, such as milk texturing ability, potential latte art opportunities, fast heat-up and brewing, and all other key aspects that you should be aware of. We’ll also inform you of its strengths and weaknesses so that, you can easily summarize and make up a concise decision on whether this is the one for you!
Below, we’ll first brief you on its hardware specs and general information. So stick with the review and let’s find out how awesome this espresso machine can be!
Nespresso Creatista Plus Review: Key Features
Nespresso Creatista Plus Review: Key Features
A common denominator for all Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus reviews. Thanks to the exclusive Breville ThermoJet heating technology, this machine heats up just in 3 seconds! Undoubtedly, a super-fast machine for those who need morning coffee instantly or during their busy day. Also, it turns itself off automatically after 9 minutes to save energy and any potential mechanical decay.
One-Touch Milk Recipes
Creatista Plus has 8 recipes, 11 milk temperatures, and 8 milk froth textures. Enjoy brewing coffee black ristretto, espresso, and lungo. Or some delicious milk drinks like cappuccino, flat white, cafe latte, latte macchiato, and even just milk froth. Possibilities are abundant. It has 3 programmable cup sizes too! With just a few button presses and it’s done – can it be any simpler than this! With its automatic steam wand which has an auto-purge combined with a 12 used capsule container, your brewing cravings will be taken care of with minimal hassle. All of these options can be seen and selected from the digital color screen.
Brewing And Taste
Nespresso offers a strong taste through its quality pods and its brewing technology. The pods are disposable with made with an airtight, aluminum seal. This packaging preserves the flavor and keeps them safe from foreign aromas, pollutants, and moisture. It brews at 190 degrees Fahrenheit. An ideal temp for optimum extraction of aroma, and flavor. Its powerful electric 19-bar pump pressures hot water vigorously through the capsule. Guaranteeing full flavor extraction from the coffee grounds.
The Creatista Plus provides a generous 50 oz. water capacity at the back. Once filled, this water tank can provide water for 12 – 50 cups. So, no refilling is required for a long time. It’s also a detachable unit, which is a plus for both cleaning and refilling. The ring handle makes it easier to detach and carry the tank. The transparent cover helps you to see the water levels in it.
Cup Size Options
The Nespresso Creatista Plus espresso machine has 3 serving options – 0.84, 1.35, and 3.72 ounces. Meaning different portions and different density levels for each option. The 0.84 oz. is for ristretto, 1.35 oz. is for espresso, and the 3.72 oz. is for Lungo.
Potential For Latte Arts
One of the heard-turning aspects of this machine is its potential for latte art. Yes! It is possible to do latte arts with this machine. However, the extent is limited though. You can make standard leaf and heart designs with this machine. Regardless the froth quality itself is impressive.
Coffee Pod Compatibility
Creatista Plus works with Nespresso’s original pods. So, you’ll receive the 29-flavor capsule types. These capsules come with different flavors, densities, and contents. These capsules range from espressos and ristrettos to lungos and exotic milk-based recipes. Additionally, a few 3rd party brands like Pete’s and Starbucks are eligible to be used. This machine is also compatible with reusable capsules.
Nespresso has added features here to minimize your running costs. The digital LCD display dims after 2 minutes of idleness. The auto-off works after 9 minutes of non-use. Meaning, less energy consumption, and a reduced chance of electrical accidents, fires, or shocks.
After all these safety features we’ve mentioned, the Nespresso Creatista Plus espresso machine comes with a 2-Year warranty too! So even by chance, something goes south, you can get it taken care of with their customer service.
PROs And CONs
PROs And CONs
- Large water reservoir.
- Stainless steel body and milk jug.
- Compatible with third-party pods.
- Additional tray for smaller-sized cups.
- Lots of different drinks, flavors, and sizes.
- Adjustable temperature and milk texture.
- Advanced steam wand and its auto-purge cycle.
- Rich, consistent, and strong espresso extraction.
- Auto pod ejector, cleaning alert, and cleaning function.
- Long initial setup.
- Expensive than its competitors.
- Few 3rd party pods are compatible.
- Automated steam programs restrict your control.
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE AND ESPRESSO MACHINE: The Nespresso Creatista Plus offers freshly brewed coffee as well as delicious authentic espresso. The Creatista plus can turn into your personal latte maker with the attached milk frother allowing you to create top quality latte art in your kitchen. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks
- BARISTA GRADE: Brew different single serve coffee and espresso beverage options at the touch of a button depending on your coffee needs - Ristretto (0.5 oz.) Espresso (1.35 oz.), Lungo (5 oz.). The Creatista allows you to take a step further and create more complex coffee drinks such as flat whites, cappuccinos, and latte macchiatos. There are settings that allow you to adjust coffee volume, milk temperature and mixture with a fast 3 second heat up time
- SMART COFFEE AND ESPRESSO MAKER: Brew a perfect single serve coffee or espresso cup time after time with an easy TFT LCD display that assists you on all preparation setting and maintenance aspects thanks to a high resolution display
- Automatic built-in milk frother helps you create your favorite single serve coffee and espresso beverages
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a complimentary starter set of Nespresso capsules (capsule assortment may vary from picture)
How To Use
How To Use
- Rinse the water reservoir before filling it up with fresh water.
- Re-install the water tank, insert the drip tray, and insert the capsule container properly.
- Plug the Creatista Plus into the power outlet.
- Turn it ON by pressing the START|CANCEL button. It’ll take approximately 3 seconds to warm up.
- Rotate the SELECT dial and set your language. Press the SELECT button to confirm.
- Set the water hardness. Dip a Water Hardness Test Strip in and out, wait for a minute. Now, set the hardness according to the result (rotate the SELECT dial). Press SELECT to confirm.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to rinse and prepare your machine. Then, follow the “Quick Start Tutorial”.
- Press and hold the START/CANCEL dial for 2 seconds to turn the machine off.
Regular Coffee Preparation
- Fill up the water reservoir with fresh potable water.
- Pressing the START|CANCEL button to turn on the machine. Wait 3 seconds for it to warm up.
- Put a cup under the coffee spout. Use cup support if needed (PUSH to unlock the cup support).
- Put in a capsule, and close the capsule lever. Rotate the SELECT dial. Pick Ristretto/Espresso/Lungo.
- Brewing will complete and stop automatically. Then lift the Lever to eject the used capsule.
- To stop the drink flow, press the START|CANCEL button.
Single Cup Milk Coffee Making
For optimal frothing with the Nespresso Creatista Plus espresso machine, use the pasteurized whole or semi-skimmed milk. The optimal temperature before use is about 4-6 °C (39-43 °F).
- Fill the water tank up with fresh water.
- To fit smaller cups, use its cup support. PUSH the cup support to unlock it.
- Rotate the SELECT dial and select your drink.
- Fill the jug with fresh cold milk. Keep it between the min and max marks.
- Lift up the steam wand and centrally position it in the milk jug.
- The milk jug must be in contact with the temperature sensor in the drip tray.
- Insert an espresso capsule. Press the START|CANCEL button to begin extraction.
- When it’s complete, press the START|CANCEL to start frothing.
- When frothing is done, lift the wand, wipe with a damp clean cloth.
- Let the steam wand return to its downward position. It will auto-purge to rinse itself.
- Pour milk into your espresso and enjoy!
Why You Should Buy It…
Why You Should Buy It…
- We’ve already made the case in this Nespresso Creatista review that how this machine is efficient and easy to maintain. Its sizable water tank, 12 capsule capacity, and digital interface ensure that convenience.
- The user interface guides you on all settings, preparations, and maintenance aspects.
- A hassle-free auto-descaling, an auto-purge of the steam wand saves you time and lets you have your coffee peacefully.
- Lots of flavored capsules, temperature control modes, pre-programmed drinks recipes, and cup sizes all is screams – more options, more fun.
- Previously, Nespresso’s frothing function was one of the biggest drawbacks. However, by teaming up with Breville, Nespresso brought top-notch technology to the table. So much so, that this alone has made Creatista Plus one of the most exciting Nespresso machines in a while.
- You can have it all without having to shell out $1000+ to get a super-automatic espresso machine.
- Breville and Nespresso have ensured the durability of the machine with the stainless steel body. It’s a step up from the original plastic-made Creatista. Also, don’t forget they have a 2-year warranty anyway.
Why You Shouldn’t Buy It…
- Yes, automation and simplicity sound like a positive for some, but total automation can also be a let-down. So, for those of you who like a semi-automatic machine, this isn’t the machine for you.
- Also, if you are heavily interested in incorporating and learning the craft of latte art at home with your espresso machine, this machine is not for you.
Does Nespresso Creatista Plus Make Regular Coffee?
Yes, the Creatista Plus can make regular black coffee and with their according cup sizes. The regular black coffees are capable of being made with Creatista Plus are black coffee, ristretto, and lungo.
Does Creatista Plus Come With Pods?
Yes, it does come with a welcoming Nespresso pods box.
What Kind Of Pods Does Nespresso Creatista Use?
Nespresso Creatista Plus allows their official Nespresso pods. On top of that, few third-party pods are also available to be used. For example, Pete’s and Starbucks Nespresso pods.
Can Creatista Plus Brew Espresso And Steam Milk At The Same Time?
No, it can’t do such. Even though, it’s a good thing for North American customers. Brewing alone draws nearly 1600 watts and frothing takes up to 900 watts. So, doing this both together would not be energy efficient move.
How Do I Turn Off My Nespresso Creatista Plus?
If you hold the START|CANCEL dial for 2 seconds, the machine will be off.
Cappuccinos, lattes, and macchiatos are in vogue recent times. Not everyone has the time and patience for all the complexities of frothing and preparing quality foam with coffee at home. Yet, from the Nespresso Creatista Plus review, we can see the passion and interest might get lit once again – since they made it a lot easier to do so. Overall the features and quality of coffee with auto pod ejection, self-purging, and easy maintenance make it a great investment.