If you’re looking for a latte maker, then coming across the Nespresso Lattissima Pro is not an anomaly. This machine is a combination of quality build with a high level of simplicity. It’s super easy to use – usage of advanced technology with a touchscreen operation mode. Anyone can make and enjoy Cappuccino or Latte at the touch of a button with this machine. But is it worth its price and all the hype? Find these answers and more in our Nespresso Lattissima Pro review. So let’s dive in!!
- It's all about the foam: The De’Longhi Automatic Cappuccino System creates perfectly layered espresso beverages, with dense, rich, long-lasting foam in every cup from start to finish.
- Nespresso capsule system: The ultimate convenience. The recyclable aluminum capsules contain the finest espressos for authentic taste without measuring or cleanup. Milk carafe capacity (l)- 16 ounce (.5 liter)
- Brings out more flavor: De’Longhi’s patented espresso extraction system creates the ideal flow of water with 19 bars of pressure – the ultimate amount for drawing the most flavor and desired temperature in each cup.
- The perfect amount of milk: During the extraction process, the integrated carafe dispenses milk in adjustable levels for taste. Simply remove from the unit to keep freshly refrigerated. The unit is also designed so no milk comes in contact with the machine – and is dishwasher safe.
- Rapid heat-up time: No need to wait for a delicious espresso. The Thermoblock heating system speeds cold-start heating time to seconds. Used capsule container: 15 capsules
Nespresso Lattissima Pro Review: Key Features
The Nespresso Lattissima Pro espresso machine is full of efficient functions that any coffee lover will appreciate. It’s also a smart addition to your kitchen aesthetics.
Even though there’s only one color this model is based on, they picked the right one with the stainless steel tone. This tone fits into most color patterns as well as has a great feel. It is not a bulky machine. The simplistic style was aimed to give it a timeless look. It does not take a whole lot of your counter space. You can also store the accessories inside of this machine. Making it a quickly accessible and mess-free machine and tools combination. It weighs just over 14 pounds. The thermoblock system and overall design allowed this machine to be lightweight. This makes it also easier to maneuver.
The features let you make delicious drinks straightforward. No need to spend a lot of time studying the machine even before you begin using it. Thus making it easy to use by more than one person in your house. The one-touch drinks in the Nespresso Lattissima Pro include: Ristretto, Lungo, Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, Machiatto, hot water, and hot milk froth.
The thermoblock single boiler heating system gives this espresso machine the capability to heat up way quicker. Although this is not an ideal heating system. But Nespresso does build machines with one thing on their mind – quickness capsule-based coffee. So, this process does carry some advantages. The rapid heat-up period dispels your waiting time for a delicious cup of espresso. It does it in seconds.
The Water Reservoir
It’s located at the rare of the machine. Capable of having 44 ounces of water. The location does not take diminish the appearance of the device at all. However, if you place the machine under a cabinet (which is a common case due to the short power cord), it would be difficult to refill. In that case, first, unplug the unit and then pull it out to detach the tank to refill.
Coffee Flavor And Milk Amount
Delonghi’s patented espresso extraction formula was applied in this machine. It’s one of the key features you will find in all the Nespresso Lattissima Pro reviews. It combines the ideal flow of water with 19 bars of pressure. Ultimate pressure for extracting the most flavor out of the ground. Also maintains the desired temperature for each cup. During an extraction, its integrated carafe dispenses the milk in perfectly adjustable levels. This unit is also designed to use safely and without any spillage. The carafe is also dishwasher safe.
Built-In Milk Frother
The Lattissima Pro has a built-in milk foaming system. Easy to adjust for the perfect creamy rich foam. The Delonghi Automatic Cappuccino System that they use in this machine makes perfectly layered espresso drinks. Foam mostly has a dense, rich, long-lasting quality.
The descaling process makes it easy to maintain this machine. Few simple steps and time are needed to perform the descaling. Once the process is over, it’s ready to be used again. More about descaling in the Care And Maintenance Section.
Automatic Clean Up
The auto-clean function makes it an easy headache-free task when keeping the Lattissima Pro in optimal condition. The milk carafe and other components are dishwasher-safe too!
Pod And Its Disposal System
Nespresso capsule system is the ultimate convenience. The recyclable aluminum-made capsules contain the finest authentic tasting espressos. Lattissima Pro’s pod disposal system enables you to discard used pods easily from the machine. It can store up to 16 used pods in the container. You can also send your used pods to Nespresso for recycling.
BPA-Free Pods And Accessories
These Nespresso pods for the Lattissima Pro are BPA-free. So, you shouldn’t have to worry about harmful health aspects from using these pods frequently. The milk carafe, as well as the steam wand, are BPA-free too.
Cup Size Compatibility
Almost any size of coffee mug/ insulated cup is usable here. If you use a smaller cup, a fold-down grate will prevent the coffee from splatter. Large mugs easily fit under its spout with the grate being folded up. This ability to use various sizes of cups is unique among the Lattissima model. Other models lack this fold-down grate system.
PROs And CONs
- Pod compatible.
- No-nonsense set-up.
- Automatic shutoff function.
- 19 bars high-pressure pump.
- Multiple functions for coffee.
- Intuitive user interface with touchscreen.
- Nearly hands-off operation when brewing.
- Automatic rinsing and maintenance alerts.
- Built-in, smart, and well-designed milk frother.
- Small footprint leaving more to your counter space.
- Can make 7 different drinks and programmable settings.
- Only one color variant.
- The short electric cable.
- A single thermoblock boiler.
- It costs more than most similar models.
- Allows cups, but not travel mugs or carafes.
How To Use
Before First Use
Detach the drip tray, water tank, and capsule container. Adjust the machine’s cable length. Store the excess cable inside the cable guide under the machine.
- Place the machine on a flat surface and in an upright position. Plug the machine into mains.
- You can carry the water reservoir with its cover.
- Now rinse the reservoir before filling it with fresh potable water. Fill it up to the maximum level.
- Insert the hot water spout into the machine. Then turn on the machine.
- Set your preferred language. Press the “tick” mark to continue. By using the “up” and “down” navigation buttons you can look for all the language options. Once found press the “tick” mark to select.
- The machine will start heating up now.
- Place a bowl/container under the coffee outlet. Press the lungo button. Repeat this three times in total.
- Repeat three times the same way but now under the hot water spout.
- Once done, remove it. Put it back in the storage area. Storage is on the machine’s right side. Close the door of the steam connector.
- Take apart the Rapid Cappuccino System (R.C.S.). Clean all the components in your dishwasher’s upper level. If a dishwasher is not available, go to our Care And Maintenance section where we explained how to hand wash R.C.S.
- During the heat up, you are free to press any coffee buttons. Once the machine is ready, the coffee will disperse automatically.
- Lift up the lever fully. Insert a capsule.
- Close down the lever. Place a cup/glass/mug under the coffee outlet.
- Press any of the ristretto, espresso, or lungo buttons. (25 ml/0.75 oz), (40 ml/1.35 oz) or (110 ml/3.7 oz) button. The whole brewing will stop automatically. To stop anytime before, press the selected coffee button again.
Ristretto size is 0.75 oz. / 25 ml, Espresso size is 1.35 oz. / 40ml, and Lungo is 3.7 oz. / 110 ml.
- Take the cup away. Lift up and close down the lever. It ejects the used capsule and moves it into the used capsule container.
Care And Maintenance
For the best long lasting performance this machine is no exception from regular care and maintenance. So, this thorough Delonghi Lattissima Pro review addressing on these subjects below.
- Do not use any solvent cleaner or strong cleaning agent. Use a damp, clean cloth with a mild cleaning agent to clean the machine’s surface. Only Rapid Cappuccino System components are allowed to be cleaned in a dishwasher.
- Detach capsule container and drip tray. Empty out and rinse them.
- Detach the water reservoir. Similarly, empty and rinse it. Once done fill it up with fresh potable water.
- Lift up and close the lever. It uninstalls the used capsule and also moves the capsule into the used capsule container.
- Place a container underneath the coffee outlet. Press the Lungo button. It starts a rinsing cycle.
- Clean the coffee outlet with any clean damp fabric.
- Carefully rinse away any dirt and residue on the hot water spout. Similarly, clean it with a damp and clean cloth
Washing The Rapid Cappuccino System (R.C.S.) By Hand
- Follow these steps and performed them daily for maximum effect.
- Disassemble the RCS from the main unit.
- Carefully rinse away any leftover milk residue with potable water.
- Soak all parts in warm water (40° C). Soak them together. Add soap detergent in that warm water. Soak them for half an hour at least.
- Rinse with potable water. Dry off thoroughly. Clean with a damp cloth.
Make sure to lift up and close down the lever. This will trigger the machine to remove the used capsule.
- Enter the Menu and select the DESCALING option.
- Empty the drip tray as well as the used capsules container.
- Fill up the water tank with 100 ml of Nespresso’s descaling agent. Also, add 500ml of potable water.
- Fit in the hot water spout next.
- Place a container (min. 1 liter) under both the coffee and hot water outlet.
- Press the “tick” mark to confirm your setup. The descaling agent will flow alternately through the coffee outlet, hot water nozzle, and into the drip tray.
- Now begins the rinsing process. Empty out the drip tray as well as the used capsules container. Rinse them with potable water.
- Rinse and fill the water reservoir with fresh potable water. Make sure to fill up to the MAX level.
- Again, place a minimum 1-liter container/bowl under both the hot water and coffee outlet.
- Press “tick” to confirm rinsing. The cycle will continue and run through the coffee outlet and hot water nozzle and into the drip tray. Wait until the water reservoir runs empty.
- Once the rinsing is done, the machine will switch off. Rinse the hot water spout. Then clean it with a damp fabric. Nespresso Lattissima Pro espresso machine’s descaling process is complete now!
Why You Should Buy It…
It is true that Nespresso Lattissima Pro espresso machine is a pricy pick from its close competitors. So, how does the Lattissima Pro make the difference? By ensuring a quick and easy brewing whilst preserving the deliciousness and freshness of the coffee.
Also Lattissima Pro is able to customize the coffee volume and froth density. Now a capsule machine is all about speed. But when you can control whilst you’re not compromising your time – now that’s impressive.
A fashionable and modern design geared to become intuitive and easy to work with machines. Its LCD touch display with text lets you select and monitor progress brewing, rinsing, and maintenance.
Easy, straightforward, and quick but quality brewing. Aesthetically very fitting in various settings.
If you are already a fan of capsule machines and their flavor, Lattissima pro is an upgrade for you with better capacity and drink options.
Why You Shouldn’t Buy It…
Just like our other reviews, we like to remain fair and unbiased. As we’ve stated earlier, this machine can be a great choice for any beginner or intermediate user. If you are looking for an entry-level automatic high-performing espresso machine then go for the DeLonghi ESAM3300.
The milk frother whisks and froths well. But it can’t give the professional level of micro-foamed texture. So, if you are very specific and uncompromising with your froth quality then this is not for you.
If you want the full barista experience while making espresso by yourself, this machine is not an option for you. This machine’s customization is limited to its volume, and milk-to-coffee ratio only. So, if you want more customization and control then go for something else.
Customer And Critics Thoughts
Customers were kind of relieved how well the Lattissima Pro heats up using the thermoblock technology even though it is a single boiler machine.
Many Nespresso long-time followers were crying out for a Nespresso machine with a wide range of drink flavors. Lattissima Pro was that step in the right direction in this regard.
Nespresso’s use and manufacturing of capsules for their espresso machines were getting the ire of many Eco-friendly conscious consumers, and rightfully so. Through the Lattissima Pro and how it handles and recycles the capsules were a better effort than before.
From the critics Nespresso Lattissima Pro reviews, the appeal of its simplistic modern design is one of the crucial selling points for the customers all around.
Customers and critics loved the easy-to-navigate touchscreen aspect of this machine. And with it, you can choose from many drinks and adapt varying sizes.
One of the main problems with this machine is its short cord length. The other gripe is its price range. Basically, it’s more expensive than similar Nespresso models.
Finally, while customers were happy with its bigger water tank they claimed that the rear position of the tank in the machine is kind of a hassle to check out the water level every now and then.
If you’re searching for a multipurpose espresso machine that’s reliable, easy-to-use, you won’t be disappointed by the Nespresso Lattissima Pro. You best take away from the Nespresso Lattissima Pro review is that it’s one of the ultimate creations from the Nespresso Lattissima series. Yet this machine carries the technological complexities of a modern automatic machine and simple functionality – all to bring you creamy delightful cups of cappuccino or latte.
Enjoy Your Coffee!