We all would have loved to brew our daily mugs of coffee in the solace of our own homes. For that, you would have to look out for a coffee maker that gives you several different brewing options as well as a robust, sapid brew.
What if I tell you that you can get both HOT and COLD coffee in a coffee maker? If you’re looking for the answers to some of these questions, you’ve come to take a dive into one of the special ninja specialty coffee maker reviews out of numerous others out there. We promise it will soon turn into your new favorite home appliance.
- An Overview Of Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker
- Ninja CM401 Review – Glass Carafe
- Ninja CM407 Review – Thermal Carafe
- What The Users Are Saying…
- To Whom Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker Is A Must For…
- SharkNinja And Other Notable Products
- Why Cleaning Is Important For Your Coffee Machine…
An Overview Of Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker
- Specialty Brew: Brew your homemade super-rich coffee concentrate that you can base to create your delicious macchiatos, lattes, cappuccinos, and other coffeehouse-style drinks.
- Iced Coffee: You can brew fresh over ice for delicious iced coffee that is never watered down.
- 6 Brew Sizes: Brew anything from just a single cup of coffee or travel size to a half-carafe or a full carafe in the Ninja coffee maker.
- No Pods Required: You can save up to $200 annually using grounds vs. pods. (*Based on a 2.5-cup regular average consumption of approved coffee brands)
- Fold-Away Frother: It can also turn cold or hot milk into a silky-smooth froth.
- Ninja coffee machine is SCA(Specialty Coffee Association) Certified Home Brewer.
Our Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker Review includes two segments. We will be providing detailed information on their CM401 – The Glass Carafe Model and CM407 – The Thermal Carafe Model.
What’s in The Box?
- 50 oz., depending on model (equal up to 10 cups) Glass/ Thermal Carafe.
- Twenty to Forty Recipe Inspiration Guide.
- Permanent Reusable Filter. You can also use paper filters instead if you like.
- Pinpoint Temp warming plate. Do not burn your coffee after the prep!
- Detachable Water Reservoir.
- Built-in integrated milk frother.
- Ninja Smart™ scoop measuring utensil.
- Flip down the cup holder for any shorter cups.
- Instruction Booklet, which is very important at times.
Ninja CM401 Review – Glass Carafe
The Ninja CM401 Specialty Coffee Maker is definitely a nice addition to any kitchen. The model itself is an attractive unit, swanky and styled in matte black and stainless steel. The model can brew in two strengths of traditional coffee. One is in six sizes up to a brimful carafe or it can be utilized to create cappuccino, iced coffee, or latte beverages.
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted.Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
- 4 BREW STYLES: Select from one of the four, versatile brew styles: Classic, Rich, Over Ice, or Specialty Brew.
- SPECIALTY BREWS: Brew a super-rich coffee concentrate that you can use to create delicious lattes, macchiatos, cappuccinos, and other coffeehouse-style drinks.
- MAKE ICED COFFEE: Brew fresh over ice for flavorful iced coffee that's never watered down.
- 6 BREW SIZES: Brew anything from a single cup or travel size to a half or full carafe in your coffee maker. 6 sizes include Cup, XL Cup, Travel Mug, Multi-Serve Travel Mug, Half Carafe & Full Carafe.
Key Features to Talk About
1. Easy to Use
We always love the simplicity and the construction of anything to follow optimum functionality. No matter what is your status, brewing for a single cup or a family, keeping it warm up for multiple hours, as well as the exact timing of the brew to be made precisely the moment you’re getting up in the morning; they were all under consideration and included in this model.
The coffee maker has a permanent brew filter. Alternatively, you can use paper filters. There is a measuring scale that mounts to the side of this model to show you the accurate amount of grounds to add based on the type and size of the brew you like.
It comes with a carafe for a whole pot brew. Also, you can fold down the little side stand to place a travel cup, conventional cup, or, regular mug there for a single cup brewing. If you are in a hurry, place the travel cup under the spout and press that exact quantity button. The easy dial mechanism lets you switch from 6 settings to quantity.
There are also 3 buttons that indicate the strength of your brew. It allows the coffee to be grasped in the grounds longer for a burly brew.
They even added an easy timer setting so that your coffee is ready when you wake up in the morning. You can fill the water tank by flipping out the lid while placing it under the tap.
They even added a frothing arm that extends out from the left side of the model. You can froth the milk at the same time as the brewing. The frothing wand comes off with a half-turn. Simply rinse it under the sink for quick and easy cleanup.
2. Nifty and Easy to Clean
- Cleaning: Our Ninja CM401 review looked into the product’s Clean-up potential. It is super easy, to be honest. We loved that the water tank is removable and easy to scrub. The carafe itself has a wide mouth. So you can get in there and clean with a bottle brush. The exterior of the maker is easy to wipe clean with a moist rag. The machine does not spit coffee all over your kitchen place when brewing. So do not expect it to have a mess after each brewing.
- Scoop: This may look like a minor thing, but we absolutely loved the scoop! It attaches to the side of the Ninja coffee maker. And, it is marked to help you show the exact amount of coffee to use for the desired brew strength. Pretty Amazing!!!
- Drip-Stop: Yes, many modern makers have them. Ninja designed one that really works. When you remove the coffee pot mid-brew stage with the drip-stop switched on, no coffee leaks from the basket. Absolutely Beautiful!!!
- Removable Basket: The basket has a flat base. So, you can rest it on your counter space or scale to fill it up with your favorite coffee. It is equipped with a gold mesh filter, but you can also use paper filters.
3. Fold-away Milk Frother
We say one of the biggest selling points of this coffee-making machine is the built-in milk frother that turns your milk into a lustrous froth in just seconds. Just pour your choice of hot or cold milk into your favorite cup, press the button, and watch the milk transform. It’s perfect for making cappuccinos, lattes, and even hot chocolate.
4. Different Brewing Styles
Unleash the full flavor of your homemade coffee with Ninja’s technology of advanced thermal flavor extraction. Ninja allows 4 different brewing types that vary the strength of your coffee.
- Classic: Perfectly balanced for casual sipping. It’s great when you are just looking for a fine cup of black coffee.
- Rich Brew: Stronger brew level than classic. You will get a more pronounced taste of your coffee that works better with milk.
- Over Ice Brew: A great choice for brewing coffee straight over the ice for flawless iced coffee that is never watered down.
- Specialty Brewing: Similar to the traditional espresso at your local favorite coffee shop. This brew is a concoction that is meant for lattes or other specialty coffee drinks.
5. The Water Reservoir
The water reservoir of CM401 comes out way easier with no twisting and locking needed. Just drops in smoothly. There are two additional settings for the size of this machine. An extra large-sized cup and an extra large-sized travel mug. The travel mug is very nice as it fills any oversized mug you can bring on long trips.
6. Six Different Brew Sizes
You can brew in six different sizes and they are a single cup, extra large single cup, travel mug, extra large travel mug, half carafe, and full carafe.
How To Use Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker CM401
Unpacking & Washing
- Step 1: Remove all the stickers and packaging material from the coffee maker. Wash the water reservoir, removable filter holder, carafe, and permanent filter in soapy, warm water with a soft fabric. Rinse parts and dry them thoroughly.
- Step 2: Before the first use, prime the system by making two Classic brew cycles of Full Carafe with water only. After each brew cycle finishes, discard the water. For detailed instructions, refer to the Priming Your Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker section of the product user manual.
NOTE: Please do remember this important safeguard when using the product: DO NOT run the machine without any water.
We strongly recommend that you use cool, fresh, filtered water. We must remind you that, we are giving you the ninja specialty coffee maker cm401 review only. So there is more to these instructions and we advise you to always check and follow the official user manual for more.
- Step 1: Lift off the coffee maker’s Water Reservoir by twisting to the right and upward. You can remove the entire lid or flip the Reservoir Lid open. Add water up to, but not beyond, the Max Fill border. Put back the water reservoir to the coffee maker then. DO NOT fill the water reservoir with an excess of water, as other liquids may harm the coffee maker.
- Step 2: Insert the filter holder into the dangling Brew Basket. When you hear a slight click close the brew basket. DO NOT put any ground coffee in the brew basket for the first two cycles of the machine.
- Step 3: Twist and fit the brew-through lid clockwise onto the carafe to lock it into place. Make sure to check the carafe is positioned centrally below the brew basket.
- Step 4: With the unit powered on and everything safely in place, select the size full carafe and press on the classic. When the cycle is finished, remove the water from the carafe. Then repeat the cycle for the second time from the beginning. Now you are set to use your Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker.
Pros And Cons
What We Like
- Impressive Technology for specialty coffee brewing and sizing that works very well.
- Integrated built-in milk frother that works really wonderful.
- Overall build and design are reasonably compact for all it does.
- One of the best value-for-money coffee makers in the market.
What We Don’t Like
- Specialty brew is not exactly espresso but espresso styled. But good enough for your cappuccino or latte.
- The brewing is comparatively slow.
- To make it an affordable price range, they used lots of plastic bits in the machine.
Why You Should Buy One?
We can concur from the ninja cm401 review segment that, they are indeed a breed of exceedingly high-quality coffee brewers. Ninja coffee maker is right for you if you are looking for a modern, easy-to-deal-with, efficient coffee maker at your home. The Ninja coffee maker is definitely worth your consideration as they are manufacturing the CM401 model that is well-made, affordable, and no-nonsense with its offered functionalities.
Ninja CM407 Review – Thermal Carafe
The CM 407 pod-free coffee maker takes for granted that you will be brewing fresh beans for having fineness. It offers you a dense and rich milk frother for maximizing the taste of the espresso, cappuccino, and americano. Generally speaking, Ninja CM407 Specialty Coffee Maker puts on an extra dimension in the market of home coffee-making machines. Let’s take dive into our Ninja CM407 review to know everything there is about this model.
- Specialty brew: brew super-rich Coffee concentrate that you can use to create delicious lattes, macchiato, cappuccinos, and other coffeehouse-style drinks.
- Iced Coffee: brew fresh over ice for flavorful Iced Coffee that's never watered down
- 6 brew sizes: brew anything from a single cup or travel size to a half carafe or a full carafe in your Coffee maker
- Fold-away frother: turns hot or cold milk into silky-smooth froth
- No Pods Required: Up to 200 dollars in annual savings using grounds vs. pods Based on a 2.5-cup daily average consumption of popular coffee brands
At a Glance Ninja Specialty CM407 Coffee Maker
The user can be delighted by viewing Ninja CM407 coffee maker can make a full glass milk froth that is adequately foamy.
It has a superior and classic brewing style that maintains the tastiness of the coffee as well as strong brewing that enhances the flavor each time you use it.
Its over-iced traits offer organic ice coffee without being watery.
This CM407 Ninja model comes in six brew sizes. You can have coffee from a single glass to a full carafe.
The milk frother feature converts the milk from hot or cold to silky froth within a matter of a few seconds.
Key Features to Talk About
Highly cherished among many home coffee drinkers. There is a lot about this powerful machine to love. From its sturdiness and dependability to its sleek design, the Ninja CM407 is certainly able to hold on its own in the coffee brewing world. Here are some of our favorite attributes of this excellent machine.
1. No Pods Required
Save up to $200 annually by using grounds vs. pods Based on a 2.5-cup regular average usage of popular coffee brands.
2. The Carafe
One specific characteristic of the Ninja Specialty Coffee-Making Machine is that they have separate carafe purchasing options. The primary one we’ve reviewed in this article already is model CM401, which has a carafe made of glass. However, the Ninja model number CM407 has an automated thermal carafe. Both models of the coffee machine are exactly the same. Except for the material they used for the carafes. Due to its separate engineering, the thermal carafe (CM407) is a bit more expensive than the glass carafe.
For those who like to plan on doing some more relaxed-style coffee brewing at home, the glass carafe should be absolutely fine. The thermal carafe is perfect for those looking to attain some more heavy-handed, multiple brewing throughout the day.
Using the thermal flavor extraction system, the Ninja CM407 is able to put together water delivery with automatized controls that adjust the water amount and temperature based on which brewing settings you have selected. This makes the coffee brewing process superbly simple. The only task, you are required to do is, to go and press a button.
4. Water Utilization
With many brewing options available on the Ninja CM407, it can be overwhelming when choosing the desired combination for you. However, once you pick what size and brew you would like to have, all you need to do is add the accurate quantity of coffee. The machine controls the rest of the brewing procedure after that for you.
5. Heated Plate
After you brew the coffee, it’s a nice idea to keep your coffee warm for a while after it’s brewing. The Ninja’s heated plate is there for keeping your mug/cup/pot whatever of coffee warm for around 2 hours. However, keep in mind that, if you buy a coffee maker with a carafe made of thermal as in the case of CM407, there’s no heating plate needed.
6. The Foldable Milk Frother
We must warn you that the frother does not actually heat the milk while frothing. The fact that it’s easy to use and super congruous is a great feature. Not only does it make the coffee maker look not super clunky but stylish and compact, and it also helps protect space in the kitchen.
7. Drip Stop Button
If you ever require to certain pause or stop brewing a cup of coffee, a drip-stop button comes can come in handy. Thankfully, the Ninja CM401 and CM407 have this problem solved for you. Their drip-stop button prevents overflowing or the risk of burning yourself while brewing is going on.
How To Use Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker CM407
The unpacking, washing, and preoperational procedures are the same as the CM401 coffee maker that we have discussed already in the above section. But a couple of important issues we need to let you know here before you start using the ninja specialty coffee maker with the thermal carafe version.
Setting The Clock
- Step 1: When the machine is plugged in, the clock will light up on the control panel to stipulate that the time has not been adjusted.
- Step 2: Press the minute (M) or hour (H) button until you reach your local current time. The AM or PM indicator will flash on the left side of the display as you are setting the correct time.
- Step 3: After five seconds, the clock will stop flashing. Which means that the clock is now set.
High-Altitude Calibration Brew
Because water simmers at lower temperatures at higher altitudes, running a finely tuned cycle before your first coffee brewing allows the machine to read the boiling point of water at your location. Running such a calibration cycle will help deliver consistent brewing each time.
- Fill the water reservoir up to, but not beyond, the Maximum Fill line.
- Place an empty filter holder into the brew basket. Also an empty vessel in your coffee maker.
- Press and hold both the CLASSIC and the OVER ICE brew options until the clock shows CAL.
- Now, the calibration cycle will commence. The unit will beep when completed, and the End will be displayed on the clock display. Finally, remove the water in the vessel.
Pros And Cons
What We Like
- Your true-blue coffee specialist can brew coffee for an array of macchiato, cappuccino, or latte recipes.
- It also lets you make iced coffee without any washed-out taste.
- There are six different brew sizes in which you can make your coffees.
- Frother folds away when not in use.
- There is an option to use a permanent filter.
- This coffeemaker model is certified by the SCA.
What We Don’t Like
- It cannot brew any teas, either loose or bagged.
- The Thermal Carafe is not dishwasher safe.
Why You Should Buy One?
Are you eager for the top-of-the-line Ninja coffee machine? If you have read our Ninja cm407 specialty coffee maker review to this far down, then you will be delighted to experience the Ninja CM407 Specialty Coffee Maker model. Which has turned into a flagship model for Ninja.
It brews extremely smacked iced coffee without being watered down with its over-iced technology. It has 6 brew sizes which allow you to accommodate and choose from a single cup to a full carafe.
Hence, Ninja CM407 Specialty is one of the best coffee-making machines for coffee addicts.
What The Users Are Saying…
Ninja CM407 Specialty thaws the hearts of millions of fans and users with its alluring features. It is recently released and users buy it like a pretty hot cake. For the supremacy of contemporary coffee lovers, we have gathered up a few user opinions. Since nothing has excellence in the universe so they disclose a mixed bag of reviews.
The strong fact of the coffee maker is its design. Its splendid design that is manufactured with stainless steel captivates the customers most to buy. It enables you to make over iced, specialty, rich, and as well as classic brews. It brews coffee rapidly (faster than Keurig) and supports giant-sized travel mugs compared with other models or brands of the same price point. Its extra-large water reservoir gives a new dimension with all of its suitability.
The Ninja coffee maker CM401 and CM407 have some demerits also as formerly we’ve said nothing is perfect. It has a loudness concern. When it gets started to brew the sounds are loud and disturbing enough but in due course, it sounds less. So, for those who need a quiet coffee-making machine, this Ninja model is definitely not for them. The other weakness is its built quality. Some of the parts of this machine are made of plastic which can have a degree of likelihood to break. If still above discussion does not suit your needs then you may look out for an espresso machine under $200 that few models also regarded depending on your budget.
To Whom Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker Is A Must For…
The coffee-making machine is designed for any dedicated coffee lover out there. It’s dependable, sturdy, and elegant in appearance. Ninja prepared their Specialty Coffee Maker with an extreme level of care, and needless to say, we’re impressed by the sheer competency of the model itself.
This extremely versatile coffee maker is able to make just about any sort of coffee drink you can imagine in the comfort of your home. Also, warranty & support is available from the manufacturer. Manufacturer’s warranty can be solicited from any customer service.
If you are looking for control, time, ground ratio, and drip style then you should look for a different style of coffee maker. If you are into Turkish, French press-styled coffee then you can’t have ninja’s coffee maker.
Ninja coffee machines aim to create American-style drip-brewed coffee through their machine. So if it matches your choice, then go for it.
The Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker has far superior quality than other available cheaper brands in the market. It is a pod-free single-serve machine and carafe system that provides specialty coffee drinks. Overall the Ninja Coffee Bar is very well worth its price.
The versatile design and structural accomplishment of the Ninja Coffee Bar with Glass/Thermal Carafe are so impressive, that even the most refined coffee connoisseurs will be amazed at the results. It’s designed for any dedicated coffee lover, and it’s sturdy, dependable, and sleek in appearance.
SharkNinja And Other Notable Products
SharkNinja began its journey in Montreal, Canada. It is a combination of two companies, Shark and Ninja. The focus of Shark is mainly vacuum cleaners. Ninja on the other hand focuses on Kitchen appliances. Besides coffee makers, Ninja manufactures blenders, pressure cookers, air fryers, food processors, etc. SharkNinja is settled in Needham, Massachusetts, which is just outside of Boston, United States.
SharkNinja takes pride in itself on ease of use, innovation, and competitive pricing. The company’s products are amply distributed through specialty stores and, major big-box retailers, as well as through its official websites.
By providing highly innovative, functional products, SharkNinja has quickly carved out a significant market portion in the housewares industry. Becoming one of the leading organizations in this sector. From ultra-powerful, cutting-edge vacuums to state-of-the-art blender systems, SharkNinja manufactured products positively make an impact on people’s lives in every home and every day around the world. Read on to find out why the Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker and Ninja’s other subspecies those are we’d like to let you know of so far can become one of the favorites machines too!
Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System CP307
The CP307 coffee brewer from Ninja offers an automatic system. It can detect whether it is coffee or tea in the basket. It will then show the options accordingly. It comes with five separate brew styles and six distinct brewing sizes. You can brew classic coffee, rich brew, over-ice brew, cold brew & specialty coffee.
The Ninja coffeemaker looks stylish and will definitely grace your countertop as well. You will just require ten minutes to turn your water into a reinvigorating cup of tea or coffee. It is very simple to put coffee grounds in the machine and you don’t have to go through a lot of trouble to maintain or clean it as well.
Ninja Coffee Bar System CF087
This coffee brewing machine has a dial for multi-serving. You can simply choose the size of the cup. Ninja’s signature attribute of the Thermal Flavor Extractor has also been featured in this model. It enables you to prepare different brews and get richness in flavor. These include over-the-ice brew, classic, rich brew, and specialty.
The Auto-IQ touch intelligence process of this model only uses the accurate amount of water needed in the recipe according to the type and size of the brew. The unit features also a multi-service dial that lets you select a size. The lid with stainless steel accent will retain your coffee hot for a couple of hours with comfort.
Why Cleaning Is Important For Your Coffee Machine…
The answer to this question lies in comprehending the connection between descaling and cleaning a coffee machine. We have to count on the factors that contribute to pollution to your coffee maker.
Coffee, in itself, is an oily material. As you frequently use your coffee, the coffee oils gather up in the machine and form a foul residue.
Cleaning your coffee machine is the only solution to get rid of such residue. It is important to clean the machine every now and then. Because you cannot brew delicious coffee using a grimy coffee maker with a significant accretion of rancid residue.
On the other hand, descaling is the process of getting rid of mineral buildup inside a coffee maker. How to clean a ninja coffee maker’s mineral buildup? Well, your cup of coffee is almost completely made of water. You cannot make a cup of coffee without water.
The water contains minerals like magnesium and calcium. These chemicals go through the coffee maker. So, over time, they get built up on the heating system of your coffee maker as limescale. Through descaling, you will be able to remove this buildup.
It is key to descale your coffee maker because limescale can infect a coffee machine’s heating system negatively. It also stops the water from reaching the correct brewing temperature.
Furthermore, it clogs the flow of water, thus eventually spoiling the coffee experience. Your coffee will taste slightly unpleasant and tepid.
You may have colleagues at work, seen or heard from friends around town, or even from product advertising about the multi-faceted Ninja Coffee Bar. Our Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker reviews were aimed to find the pros and cons unbiasedly, and needless to say, we’re utterly impressed.
This extremely versatile machine is able to create just about any kind of coffee beverage you prefer. But its functionality, diversity, ability to brew a single cup of coffee, to adjust the strength of the brewing and timing of the brew, to cut on a carafe for an impatient cup as well as ease of aesthetic look and cleaning, Ninja truly created a highly desirable device well worth your money and consideration.
Enjoy Your Coffee!