Of course, we love our coffee and the many ways of it. Every now and then the mood calls for something extra, something special. So, rather than decide to sip at the usual coffee shop, we can all go for a coffee drink at home or out with…Syrup..!
Yes, the right syrup topped or lined to the right coffee drink can send you to a new flavor town. Just imagine, you can also serve this extravaganza at your favorite social events as well – which will blow people’s minds off! Coffee syrups are a custom craft that now needs your attention.
There’s a whole world of coffee syrups waiting for you. But from where should you begin the journey and how? The answer is Caramel! With Caramel syrup, you can go both hot and cold. Thus, we’ve created this educational and informative best caramel syrup for coffee article for you!
- Our Reviews Of The Best Caramel Syrup For Coffee
- Torani Syrup, Classic Caramel, 25.4 Ounces
- Starbucks Naturally Flavored Coffee Syrup, Caramel, Pack of 4 (4.9 lbs. total)
- Jordan's Skinny Gourmet Syrups Sugar Free, Caramel, 25.4-Ounce
- Torani Puremade Salted Caramel Syrup, 750 mL
- DaVinci Gourmet Classic Coffee Syrup
- Monin – Caramel Syrup, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO (1 Liter)
- Consider These Factors Before Buying Caramel Syrup
- Difference Between Caramel Syrup And Caramel Sauce
Our Reviews Of The Best Caramel Syrup For Coffee
Before we start a comprehensive review of each product, have a quick look at the products’ names we are going to review.
Starbucks Naturally Flavored Coffee Syrup, Caramel, Pack of 4 (4.9 lbs. total)
Best For Iced Coffee
Adding a splash of this coffee syrup will change your morning coffee experience! Naturally flavored syrup and sauce work perfectly with Starbucks coffee. Adds a personal touch to your beverages. Starbucks Naturally Flavored Caramel Syrup offers a delicious, buttery, and smooth flavor. This delicious flavor profile was inspired by the drinks they offer in the Starbucks café, of course!! Overall, best caramel syrup for iced coffee.
It stamps its signature flavor to a wide variety of coffee drinks like macchiatos, lattes, and frozen and iced beverages. Other delicious treats like milkshakes and hot chocolate are also included in this list.
- Pros: Natural flavors that offer a unique taste, one of the high-quality syrups on the market, come with detailed instructions for best outcomes, a perfect balance of flavor and light sweetness, best for any iced coffee drinks, and reasonably priced
- Cons: All flavors are hard to differentiate sometimes, and syrup can be quite watery with a strong aftertaste
- Enjoy the signature Starbucks cafe flavor right in your own home
- Add a splash of smooth and buttery caramel flavor to your coffee with Starbucks Naturally Flavored Caramel Syrup
- Get the perfect pairing for your favorite Starbucks coffee
- Made with natural flavors—so you can feel good about indulging in this treat
Jordan’s Skinny Gourmet Syrups Sugar Free, Caramel, 25.4-Ounce
Best Sugar-Free Coffee Syrup
Jordan’s Skinny is a well-known brand – not only for a huge variety of flavored syrups but also for dieters. They blend sugar-free and healthy flavors. That means this syrup is perfect for Keto Diet. A typical innovative product by them.
Jordan’s sugar-free syrup is made for people who are on a serious diet. In this case, the amount of fat and starch has to be reduced in daily food. And balance it out with more fibers and proteins. Thus, this Jordan’s Skinny syrup has no calories, no fat, no carbohydrates, and no gluten. It supports and improves a more effective diet. Undoubtedly, the best sugar-free caramel syrup for coffee.
- Pros: Useful for skin and body, best for the Keto diet enables you to make your own healthy drinks at home, natural flavor with proper sweetness, reliable brand in syrups and sauces, and reasonably priced
- Cons: Strong aftertaste and may have some synthetic sweeteners
- 0 calories and sugar-free for guilt-free indulgence
- High-quality ingredients sourced from the USA
- Perfect for those looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle without sacrificing great taste!
- Get creative and make delicious recipes at home that the whole family will enjoy!
Torani Puremade Salted Caramel Syrup, 750 mL
Best Salted Caramel Syrup
This Salted Caramel syrup captures the richness of roasted caramel with brown buttery notes and a hint of salt. Perfect syrup for lattes, cold brews, cappuccinos, and frozen drinks.
Puremade syrup delivers amazing flavor. The flavor is from pure and natural cane sugar. It’s all GMO-Free ingredients. It has no artificial flavors, preservatives, or colors. Comes in a shatterproof plastic bottle.
The syrup offers a tantalizing flavor for your own customized soda, fruity deliciousness, and coffeehouse favorites. And yes, just like the Classic Torani syrup you can also use it for Italian sodas, coffees, cocktails, flavored teas, lemonades, smoothies, sparkling waters, and mocktails. All in all, the best salted caramel syrup for coffee.
- Pros: Expertly crafted to ensure amazing flavor, purest ingredients, GMO-free, pure cane sugar, and no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives
- Cons: Inconsistent flavor, no expiry label, and weak flavor
- Enjoy the richness of smooth caramel, brown butter notes & a hint of salt in your coffee with Torani Salted Caramel Syrup
- Made with pure cane sugar, natural flavors, and all GMO-Free ingredients
- Create tantalizing lattes, cappuccinos, cold brews & frappes with our wide array of syrups & sauces
- Make truly creative flavored teas, lemonades, smoothies, and more with Torani Syrups
- Shatterproof plastic bottles for convenient and safe storage. No artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives
DaVinci Gourmet Classic Coffee Syrup
This classic syrup captures the authentic slow-cooked cane sugar caramelization. Thus delivering the most unique artisanal caramel flavor notes.
The use of pure cane sugar and no artificial sweeteners guarantees a superior taste. DaVinci Gourmet syrup is best to use in your coffee, latte, cappuccino, cocktails, teas, and keto-friendly beverages. You can also add it to sparkling drinks.
DaVinci Gourmet was born in 1989 out of Seattle’s coffee culture. The Gourmet Classic carries the brand’s motto for crafting exceptional flavors that swells emotion and invigorate your taste bud.
- Pros: DaVinci syrup has the perfect flavor kick, formulated to resist curdling in milk, it comes with a rich taste through high-quality ingredients and is perfect for hot, cold, and mixed drinks
- Cons: Watery consistency, sometimes offer an artificial taste-like experience
- Create the perfect artisanal flavor experience with authentic caramel flavor
- Made with pure cane sugar for a superior taste without any artificial sweeteners
- Enhance any beverage with DaVinci Gourmet’s innovative flavors and quality ingredients
- Enjoy coffeehouse classics or back bar essentials in the comfort of your own home
Monin – Caramel Syrup, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO (1 Liter)
The buttery, sweet, and richness of caramel has come a long way. Monin Caramel syrup delivers mouth-watering decadence to your drinks.
Rich-tasting caramel aroma, buttery, and authentic flavor of creamy caramel. It is a worthy addition to desserts, cocktails, cocoa, coffee beverages, milkshakes, and more. Free of allergens, dairy, and gluten. Available both in Halal and Kosher form. Free of artificial colorings, flavors, and ingredients. Monin also doesn’t use any artificial preservatives or artificial sweeteners. It’s a non-GMO product.
Monin supports and offers help to the fight against “Colony Collapse Disorder”. This disorder has been greatly reducing the bee populations worldwide. Monin’s syrup recycling initiative has been sending waste syrup to feed the bees since 2008. As a result, they have fed over 374 billion bees!
BPA-free bottles and 100% recyclable boxes. The boxes comprised 30% recycled content. They use biodegradable water-based print ink containing zero pollutants. Their initiatives are truly praise-worthy and genuine contributions to the betterment of worldwide eco-friendliness.
- Pros: Great flavor, fully free of any artificial ingredients, fully organic, and versatile usages
- Cons: Short shelf life and needs a lot of use every time
- Enjoy the rich and buttery flavor of caramel in your favorite beverages, desserts, and snacks.- Perfectly captures that iconic caramel aroma and flavor without artificial colors or flavors
- Support bee colonies with Monin’s syrup recycling initiative & 100% recyclable packaging
- BPA-free bottles and biodegradable water-based ink for an eco-friendly experience
- Allergen-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, halal, kosher, and non-GMO for a clean-label product
- Enjoy the decadence of caramel without any artificial sweeteners or preservatives
Consider These Factors Before Buying Caramel Syrup
Since you’ll be drinking it, buying the right caramel syrup begins with a pretty simple question: Which one tastes good to you? So spend some time looking for one that is perfect for you.
Finding a flavor, type, etc. can either be your habitual matter, or it can be the beginning of an adventure. At different times and in moods, something else might be perfect for you.
Different Kinds Of Drinks
It’s not just what type of syrup or sauce you like. It is also about what kind of drink you want your syrup to go on. Do you like a strong dark roast or a complicated floral light roast? Different syrup flavors work better with different drinks. The Hazelnut flavor works pretty well with a dark roast. A frothed latte works perfectly with standard caramel.
When you think about the best caramel syrup for coffee – ingredients are crucial. For health reasons, pay attention to the sugar content in these syrups. There are sweeteners made without artificial ingredients. Avoid high fructose corn syrup. There are sugar-free sweeteners too! You might have to pay extra for these, but your health comes first. So spend money wisely.
Depending on the ingredients, syrups can interact differently. Most dissolve easily at a higher temperature. So if you like to use syrups on your hot drinks, this isn’t a big issue. Otherwise, you’ll need to get a syrup that dissolves at a much lower temperature. Also, check if your syrup curdles milk or not. A specific syrup taste is not the whole answer, how it works with your coffee drink is more important. Yes, there are versatile syrups that dissolve in a range of temperatures as well as mix well with various drinks. Always check expiration dates. You do not want to waste money on these for not using it all up before the date.
Price always matters. Some coffee syrups go bad in a short time. If you don’t like using a lot of syrup, try to maximize what you’re paying. You can ensure that by buying a little amount or buying a syrup with a longer shelf life. You can also make some by yourself at home. Regardless, the options are out there that suit your tastes.
Difference Between Caramel Syrup And Caramel Sauce
Caramel syrup and sauce both are sugar-based. But caramel syrup needs 2 ingredients and caramel sauce needs some bonus elements for richness and flavor. Syrup can’t be used as a topping because it’s slightly bitter in taste.
Versions Of Caramel
There are 2 versions. Dry and wet. Wet caramel is easier to make. In dry caramel, sugar is heated and allowed to melt. So the sugar may get burnt easily if you’re not careful. In the wet method, you can add a little water to avoid burning – hence this is easier.
To avoid the sugar getting crystalized and making your syrup or sauce grainy, you can add lemon peel, lemon juice, cream of tartar, or liquid glucose.
- For The Syrup, you’ll need dark brown sugar (200 gm), and water (50 – 100 ml)
- For The Sauce, you’ll need brown sugar (200 gm), cream (low fat preferable) (100 ml), water (50 ml), salt (1/2 tbsp.), vanilla (or any other flavoring) (1 tbsp.), and butter (30 gm)
- In a saucepan add sugar and water and boil it
- Keep on stirring at regular intervals. The syrup will stop boiling and then begin bubbling
- The color will change to darker brown. The caramel aroma will be strong
- Add water little by little while whisking
- Keep a safe distance from the stove as the syrup will splutter a lot
- Once 100 ml of water is added fully and the water dissolved the caramel completely, bring it to a boil for 2 – 3 minutes
- Once done, remove it from the heat and let it cool down
- While being hot, it’ll be thinner but while cold, it will be thicker. Pour it into a jar and refrigerate
- Use a deep heavy-bottomed pan. Pour sugar and water and mix. Let the mixture boil, don’t stir it
- Once it’s boiling x, use another pan and heat up the cream on a low flame
- The sugar will change color (dark amber). Add the cream then
- Stir with a wooden spatula. Use a low flame. Pour the hot cream into the caramelized sugar
- Stir until the cream is fully incorporated. It should be smooth and without lumps
- Boil for 5 – 10 seconds. Remove from heat and cool it down
- A minute later add in the butter, vanilla (or any other flavoring), and salt
- Stir until they are fully incorporated and let it cool down completely
The syrup has a bitter undertone and adds an amazing color and flavor to cakes. Caramel sauce adds great richness if used as a filling or topping.
What syrups go well with coffee?
In no particular order, Vanilla, caramel, mint, hazelnut, chocolate, and cinnamon are the favorites among the folks.
What kind of caramel sauce does Starbucks use?
Starbucks has its own caramel sauces and syrups. They use Starbucks Fontana and Starbucks Naturally flavored caramel syrup.
Does Starbucks use caramel sauce or syrup?
Starbucks uses both sauce and syrup for their coffee for flavor. Each of them affects their drinks uniquely.
How many pumps of syrup does Starbucks use?
Starbucks typically uses 3 pumps of syrup for a tall latte. 4 pumps for a grande, and 5 for a venti. Note, they use 6 pumps if it’s an iced venti as the drink is 4 ounces larger.
What syrup does Starbucks use for mocha?
Starbucks uses its own Natural flavored Mocha Sauce. But you can make it at home with chocolates such as Hershey’s.
In our caramel syrup review, we gave Torani’s 4-Pack of caramel our top pick because of the flavor, which is wonderful. Yes, it’s big and requires a bit more price but it’s a worthy purchase overall. Also, it’s a versatile product. Others fell short in one or many factors. Monin’s is best for organic coffee syrup choices. But do note that, it goes bad pretty quickly.
We hope that our best caramel syrup for coffee review and buying guide will help you find the best coffee syrup for days to come. We also encourage you to explore other options as well to deepen your satisfaction. We wish every day is a quality coffee day for you and with it, we bid Adieu!
Enjoy Your Coffee!