Of course, we love our coffee and the many ways of it. Every now and then the mood calls for something extra, something special. So, rather than decide to sip the usual coffee shop, we can all go for a coffee drink at home or out with…Syrup..!
Yes, the right syrup topped or lined to the right coffee drink can send you to a new flavor-town. Just imagine, you can also serve this extravaganza on your favorite social events too – which will blow people’s minds off! Coffee syrups, a custom craft that now needs your attention.
There’s a whole world of coffee syrups waiting for you. But from where should you begin the journey and how? The answer is Caramel! With Caramel syrup, you can go both hot and cold. Thus, we’ve created this educational and informative best caramel syrup for coffee article for you!
Our Reviews Of The 6 Best Caramel Syrup For Coffee
Torani Syrup, Classic Caramel, 25.4 Ounces
- Classic Caramel Syrup: This syrup takes the buttery rich flavor you enjoy and adds a dark caramelized taste with a subtle fruity finish; Its flavor evokes the taste of hard caramel candies with brown sugar notes
- Flavoring Syrups: Made with pure cane sugar, natural flavors and cold-filtered water, Torani Original Syrups provide gold-standard flavors and vibrant colors to create amazing drink experiences
- Authentic Coffeehouse Flavor: From caramel to French vanilla to hazelnut—and everything in between—our syrups and sauces are here to help you create tantalizing lattes, cappuccinos, cold brews and frappes
- Find Your Recipe: We are here to help you create tantalizing drinks for every taste, occasion, and mood; Mix up some magic with caramel, lavender, pumpkin pie, hazelnut, chocolate, and many more flavors
- Flavor For All: Discover how Torani can help you make truly creative flavored teas, lemonades, smoothies, milkshakes, Italian sodas, coffees, cocktails, mocktails, snow cones, sparkling waters and more
Torani’s buttery-rich flavor adds an enjoyable and dark caramelized taste. Tack on a hint of fruity finish and your first cup won’t be the last one.
It’s made with pure cane sugar, natural flavors, and cold-filtered water. Torani syrups provide the gold standard of flavors and vibrant colors. Comes in their iconic shatterproof plastic bottle. This classic caramel syrup tantalizes in flavors. Make your own coffeehouse favorites, fruity delights, and soda drinks.
The caramel syrup is best for lattes, cappuccinos, cold brews, and frappes. And it doesn’t stop there. This syrup can help you go crazy on creatively flavored teas, smoothies, lemonades, Italian sodas, cocktails, mocktails, sparkling waters, and snow cones.
- Pros: Natural ingredients, gold-standard flavor, and best value for the money.
- Cons: Sizeable upfront investment required both in quantity and price.
Starbucks Naturally Flavored Coffee Syrup, Caramel, Pack of 4 (4.9 lbs. total)
(Best For Iced Coffee)
- Bring home signature Starbucks cafe flavor with Starbucks Naturally Flavored syrups and sauces
- Starbucks Naturally Flavored Caramel Syrup has a delicious smooth and buttery flavor inspired by the drinks of the Starbucks cafe
- Starbucks syrups and sauces pair perfectly with your favorite Starbucks coffee
- Add 1 tablespoon to your 12-oz. coffee for a splash of smooth and buttery caramel flavor
- Made with natural flavors
Adding a splash of this coffee syrup will change your morning coffee experience! Naturally flavored syrup and sauce work perfectly with Starbucks coffee. Adds a personal touch to your beverages. Starbucks Naturally Flavored Caramel Syrup offers a delicious, buttery, and smooth flavor. This delicious flavor profile was inspired by the drinks they offer in the Starbucks café, of course!! Overall, best caramel syrup for iced coffee.
It stamps its signature flavor to a wide variety of coffee drinks like macchiatos, lattes, frozen and iced beverages. Other delicious treats like milkshakes and hot chocolate are also included in this list.
- Pros: Natural flavors that offer a unique taste, one of the high-quality syrups on the market, comes with detailed instructions for best outcomes, perfect balance of flavor and light sweetness, best for any iced coffee drinks, and reasonably priced.
- Cons: All flavors are hard to differentiate sometimes, syrup can be quite watery with a strong aftertaste.
Jordan’s Skinny Gourmet Syrups Sugar Free, Caramel, 25.4-Ounce
(Best Sugar-Free Coffee Syrup)
- 0 Calories
- Sugar Free
- Skip the guilt and deliver great flavor to coffee, mochas, lattes, teas, dessert drinks
- Made in the USA
- Gluten free
Jordan’s Skinny is a well-known brand – not only for a huge variety of flavored syrups but also for dieters. They blend sugar-free and healthy flavors. That means this syrup is perfect for Keto Diet. A typical innovative product by them.
Jordan’s sugar-free syrup is made with people who are on a serious diet. In this case, the amount of fat and starch has to be reduced in daily food. And balance it out with more fibers and proteins. Thus, this Jordan’s Skinny syrup has no calories, no fat, no carbohydrates, and no gluten. It supports and improves for a more effective diet. Undoubtedly, the best sugar free caramel syrup for coffee.
- Pros: Useful for skin and body, best for Keto diet, enables to make your own healthy drinks at home, natural flavor with proper sweetness, reliable brand in syrups and sauces, and reasonably priced.
- Cons: Strong aftertaste and may have some synthetic sweeteners.
Torani Puremade Salted Caramel Syrup, 750 mL
(Best Salted Caramel Syrup)
- Salted Caramel Syrup: This syrup captures the richness of smooth caramel with roasted, brown butter notes & a hint of salt. The perfect syrup for flavoring lattes, cold brew, and frozen blended drinks.
- The Puremade Difference: Our Puremade Syrups deliver amazing flavor with pure cane sugar, natural flavors and all GMO-Free ingredients. They contain no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Comes in a shatterproof plastic bottle.
- Embrace Your Inner Flavorista: Torani makes a wide array of syrups & sauces in tantalizing flavors to help you create your own homemade coffeehouse favorites, fruity delights & custom soda creations.
- Authentic Coffeehouse Flavor: From caramel to French vanilla to hazelnut—& everything in between—our syrups & sauces are here to help you create tantalizing lattes, cappuccinos, cold brews & frappes.
- Mix Up Some Magic: Discover how our syrups can help you make truly creative flavored teas, lemonades, smoothies, Italian sodas, coffees, cocktails, mocktails, snow cones, sparkling waters & more!
This Salted Caramel syrup captures the richness of roasted caramel with brown buttery notes and a hint of salt. Perfect syrup for lattes, cold brews, cappuccinos, and frozen drinks.
Puremade syrup delivers amazing flavor. The flavor is from pure and natural cane sugar. It’s all GMO-Free ingredients. It has no artificial flavors, preservatives, or colors. Comes in their shatterproof plastic bottle.
The syrup offers a tantalizing flavor for your own customized soda, fruity deliciousness, and coffeehouse favorites. And yes, just like the Classic Torani syrup you can also use it for Italian sodas, coffees, cocktails, flavored teas, lemonades, smoothies, sparkling waters, and mocktails. All in all, the best salted caramel syrup for coffee.
- Pros: Expertly crafted to ensure amazing flavor, purest ingredients, GMO-free, pure cane sugar, and no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
- Cons: Inconsistent flavor, no expiry label, and weak flavor.
DaVinci Gourmet Classic Coffee Syrup
- Caramel: Captures the slow-cooked pure cane sugar caramelization process to deliver the most unique artisanal caramel flavor experience; Try some in your coffee, latte, or cappuccino
- Naturally Sweet: Made with pure cane sugar and no artificial sweeteners for a superior taste; Great for coffees and cocktails; Try vanilla, almond, hazelnut, French Vanilla, ginger, raspberry, and more
- DaVinci Gourmet syrups are made to sweeten coffees, teas, lattes, keto-friendly beverages or add bold flavor to sparkling drinks, cocktails or mocktails; Simply add to your favorite beverages for an exceptional coffee shop or at-home drink experience
- From coffeehouse classics to back bar essentials, DaVinci Gourmet syrups are crafted to create a premium experience for today's beverage creators through innovative flavors and quality ingredients
- DaVinci Gourmet was born out of Seattle’s coffee culture in 1989 and is driven by a passion for crafting exceptional flavors that stir emotion and invigorate guests; We were born to raise flavor
This classic syrup captures the authentic slow-cooked cane sugar caramelization. Thus delivering the most unique artisanal caramel flavor notes.
The use of pure cane sugar and no artificial sweeteners guarantees a superior taste. DaVinci Gourmet syrup is best to use in your coffee, latte, cappuccino, cocktails, teas, and keto-friendly beverages. You can also add it to sparkling drinks.
DaVinci Gourmet was born in 1989 out of Seattle’s coffee culture. The Gourmet Classic carries the brand’s motto for crafting exceptional flavors that swells emotion and invigorate your taste bud.
- Pros: DaVinci syrup has the perfect flavor kick, formulated to resist curdling in milk, it comes with a rich taste through high-quality ingredients, and is perfect for hot, cold, and mixed drinks.
- Cons: Watery consistency, sometimes offer an artificial taste-like experience.
Monin – Caramel Syrup, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO (1 Liter)
- GREAT FOR DESSERTS, COFFEE, AND SNACKS: The rich, sweet, and buttery smoothness of caramel has come a long way from chewy wrapped candies. Our Caramel Syrup delivers mouth-watering decadence to your coffee beverages, milkshakes, cocktails and more.
- TASTING NOTES: Rich caramel aroma, buttery, authentic creamy caramel flavor. Monin Caramel Syrup is a decadent addition to desserts, cocktails, cocoa and coffee drinks.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Allergen Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Halal, Kosher, No Artificial Colors, No Artificial Flavors, No Artificial Ingredients, No Artificial Preservatives, No Artificial Sweeteners, Non-GMO, & Clean Label
- SYRUP TO SUPPORT BEE COLONIES: Colony Collapse Disorder is greatly reducing bee populations worldwide. Our syrup recycling initiative has been sending waste syrup to feed bees since 2008, and has fed over 374 billion bees!
- GREEN PACKAGING & LABELING: With BPA free bottles, 100% recyclable boxes comprised of 30% recycled content, printed with biodegradable water-based ink containing zero pollutants, and pulp inserts, we’re doing our part for the environment.
The buttery, sweet, and richness of caramel has come a long way. Monin Caramel syrup delivers mouth-watering decadence to your drinks.
Rich-tasting caramel aroma, buttery, and authentic flavor of creamy caramel. It is a worthy addition to desserts, cocktails, cocoa, coffee beverages, milkshakes, and more. Free of allergen, dairy, and gluten. Available both in Halal and Kosher form. Free of artificial colorings, flavors, and ingredients. Monin also doesn’t use any artificial preservatives or artificial sweeteners. It’s a non-GMO product.
Monin supports and offers helps to the fight against the “Colony Collapse Disorder”. This disorder has been greatly reducing the bee populations worldwide. Monin’s syrup recycling initiative has been sending waste syrup to feed the bees since 2008. As a result, they have fed over 374 billion bees!
BPA-free bottles and 100% recyclable boxes. The boxes comprised 30% recycled content. They use biodegradable water-based print ink containing zero pollutants. Their initiatives are truly praise-worthy and genuine contributions to the betterment of worldwide eco-friendliness.
- Pros: Great flavor, fully free of any artificial ingredients, fully organic, and versatile usages.
- Cons: Short shelf life and needs a lot of use every time.
Consider These Factors Before Buying Caramel Syrup
Since you’ll be drinking it, buying the right caramel syrup begins with a pretty simple question: Which one tastes good to you? So spend some time looking for one that is perfect for you.
Finding a flavor, type, etc. can either be your habitual matter, or it can be the beginning of an adventure. At different times and in moods, something else might be perfect for you.
Different Kinds Of Drinks
It’s not just what type of syrup or sauce you like. It is also about what kind of drink you want your syrup to go on. Do you like a strong dark roast or a complicated floral light roast? Different syrup flavors work better with different drinks. Hazelnut flavor works pretty well with a dark roast. A frothed latte works perfectly with standard caramel.
When you think about the best caramel syrup for coffee – ingredients are crucial. For health reasons, pay attention to the sugar content in these syrups. There are sweeteners made without artificial ingredients. Avoid high fructose corn syrup. There are sugar-free sweeteners too! You might have to pay extra for these, but your health comes first. So spend money wisely.
Depending on the ingredients, syrups can interact differently. Most dissolve easily at a higher temperature. So if you like to use syrups on your hot drinks, this isn’t a big issue. Otherwise, you’ll need to get a syrup that dissolves at a much lower temperature. Also, check if your syrup curdles milk or not. A specific syrup taste is not the whole answer, how it works with your coffee drink is more important. Yes, there are versatile syrups that dissolve in a range of temperatures as well as mixes well with various drinks. Always check expiration dates. You do not want to waste money on these for not using it all up before the date.
Price always matters. Some coffee syrups go bad in a short time. If you don’t like using a lot of syrup, try to maximize what you’re paying. You can ensure that by buying a little amount or buying a syrup with a longer shelf life. You can also make some by yourself at home. Regardless, the options are out there that suit your tastes.
Difference Between Caramel Syrup And Sauce
Caramel syrup and sauce both are sugar-based. But caramel syrup needs 2 ingredients and caramel sauce needs some bonus elements for richness and flavor. Syrup can’t be used as a topping because it’s slightly bitter in taste.
Versions Of Caramel
There are 2 versions. Dry and wet. Wet caramel is easier to make. In dry caramel, sugar is heated and allowed to melt. So the sugar may get burnt easily if you’re not careful. In the wet method, you can add a little water to avoid burning – hence this is easier.
To avoid the sugar getting crystalize and making your syrup or sauce grainy, you can add lemon peel, lemon juice, cream of tartar, or liquid glucose.
- For The Syrup, you’ll need dark brown sugar (200 gm), water (50 – 100 ml).
- For The Sauce, you’ll need brown sugar (200 gm), cream (low fat preferable) (100 ml), water (50 ml), salt (1/2 tbsp.), vanilla (or any other flavoring) (1 tbsp.), and butter (30 gm).
- In a saucepan add sugar and water and boil it.
- Keep on stirring at regular intervals. The syrup will stop boiling and then begin bubbling.
- The color will change to darker brown. The caramel aroma will be strong.
- Add water little by little while whisking.
- Keep a safe distance from the stove as the syrup will splutter a lot.
- Once 100 ml of water is added fully and the water dissolved the caramel completely, bring it to boil for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Once done, remove from heat and let it cool down.
- While being hot, it’ll be thinner but while cold, it will be thicker. Pour it in a jar and refrigerate.
- Use a deep heavy-bottomed pan. Pour sugar and water and mix. Let the mixture boil, don’t stir it.
- Once it’s boiling x, use another pan and heat up the cream on a low flame.
- The sugar will change color (dark amber). Add the cream then.
- Stir with a wooden spatula. Use a low flame. Pour the hot cream into the caramelized sugar.
- Stir until the cream is fully incorporated. It should be smooth and without lumps.
- Boil for 5 – 10 seconds. Remove from heat and cool it down.
- A minute later add in the butter, vanilla (or any other flavoring), and salt.
- Stir until they are fully incorporated and let it cool down completely.
Syrup has a bitter undertone and adds an amazing color and flavor to cakes. Caramel sauce adds great richness if used as filling or topping.
What syrups go well with coffee?
In no particular order, Vanilla, caramel, mint, hazelnut, chocolate, and cinnamon are the most favorites among the folks.
What kind of caramel sauce does Starbucks use?
Starbucks has its own caramel sauces and syrups. They use Starbucks Fontana and Starbucks Naturally flavored caramel syrup.
Does Starbucks use caramel sauce or syrup?
Starbucks uses both the sauce and syrup for their coffee for flavor. Each of them affects their drinks uniquely.
How many pumps of syrup does Starbucks use?
Starbucks typically uses 3 pumps of syrup for a tall latte. 4 pumps for a grande, and 5 for a venti. Note, they use 6 pumps if it’s an iced venti as the drink is 4 ounces larger.
What syrup does Starbucks use for mocha?
Starbucks uses its own Natural flavored Mocha Sauce. But you can make it at home with chocolates such as Hershey’s.
In our caramel syrup review, we gave Torani’s 4-Pack of caramel our top pick because of the flavor, which is wonderful. Yes, it’s a big requires a bit more price but it’s a worthy purchase overall. Also, it’s a versatile product. Others fell short in one or many factors. Monin’s is best for organic coffee syrup choices. But do note that, it goes bad pretty quickly.
We hope that our Best Caramel Syrup For Coffee review and buying guide will help you find the best coffee syrup for days to come. We also encourage you to explore other options as well to deepen your satisfaction. We wish every day is a quality coffee day for you and with it, we bid Adieu!
Enjoy Your Coffee!