Some of the first portrayals that come to thoughts when we think about Turkish cuisine and people are delectable Turkish coffee and the classic Turkish tea glass that they are served in. In everyday life, coffee has a special place in the Turkish people’s hearts. It is the unquestioned presence to every vehement discussion, always part of any occasion, offered when you set foot in someone’s home, and the first thing that is devoured after a hard day’s work. It’s an absolutely essential part of almost anything celebratory you can think of in Turkey.
So, did we just seriously motivated you to make good quality Turkish coffee right in your kitchen? If the answer is YES, then we have a list of the best electric Turkish coffee makers right here!!
History of Turkish Coffee
It is scintillating that how this drink introduced to Turkish lands past in history. Turkish coffee was originally introduced by Özdemir Pasha, the Ottoman governor of Yemen, during the last half of the 16th century. The Ottoman Sultan Süleyman the Magnificent drank and fell in love with coffee. Historians believed that in 1554, Shams of Damascus and Hakem of Aleppo opened the initial two coffeehouses in Istanbul. Form then to the modern days, Turkish Coffee and Turkish coffee makers have become the most indispensable part of everything an’ all.
Types of Turkish Coffee
Turkish coffee stands out from other types of coffee because of its finely crushed coffee beans. The turkish coffee brewing procedure, which has remained unchanged over the centuries is also unique as the coffee sediments are left in the cup. The coffee is served with a piece of Turkish delight and a glass of water, on the side. The water helps to refresh and awaken the taste buds.
Turkish coffee tradition and culture part of the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage directory. For just our coffee connoisseurs, there are different Turkish coffee types.
The word “mırra” expresses “bitter” in Arabic. So it is not hard to assume that mırra is a little stronger version than the classic Turkish coffee. Mırra is the trademark drink of southeastern Anatolia. Mırra is cooked in a relatively larger pot with a long spoon than your traditional Turkish coffee pot.
If you believe coffee is only made with coffee beans, it’s time to think again. Because Menengiç is made of pistachio beans. Mainly native to the southeastern part of Turkey. First pistachio tree seeds are roasted. Then they are mashed until it turns into a chocolate-like paste. Unlike Turkish coffee, this organic decaf coffee is traditionally cooked with milk and a bit of sugar. It provides a fruity flavor, so careful not to get addicted!
The word “dibek” means “mortar”. So using a mortar and pestle, all the ingredients in their coffee are grounded by hand. The flavor of the coffee beans changes after it is disintegrated by stone entirely. Dibek is thicker than traditional Turkish coffee. They use hot water instead of cold while being cooked.
Our List of Best Electric Turkish Coffee Makers
Before we dive into the detailing, let’s have a quick look on the best electric Turkish coffee maker list.
1. Arzum Okka Minio Automatic Turkish Coffee Maker
Arzum Okka Minio is considered among the automatic Turkish coffee machine restructured the veritable way of brewing Turkish coffee by introducing its patented technology that recreated the traditional way at the push of a key. Once the pot is placed with the right amount of coffee and water and the start button is pushed, brewing detection sensors monitor the brewing procedure. It stops automatically when the coffee is ready to serve. At a time can serve up to 4 cups of coffee. You can use any finely-ground coffee easily available in the supermarket for this fine specimen of automatic Turkish coffee maker.
This Turkish coffee machine takes up very little of your counter space. They are super easy to clean and use. It’s sized and shaped to make it portable too! You just need to plug it in, put in the coffee and water, press the start button, and voila!! In a few minutes, you are all set and done. You get good foam from the coffee with this machine.
There are very few downsides to this machine. A bit too much usage of plastic for our liking. No generic on/off button. No max water line engraved inside the vessel to let you know the max amount of water. In future models, we expect these issues to be solved.
- 1-4 cups capacity
- Smart overflow prevention system
- Washable pot
- Ideal brewing at low heat
- Sound alert system
2. Beko 2-Cup Turkish Coffee Maker
Beko Turkish Coffee Maker is one of the top Turkish coffee machines. They use a classical brewing method to make Turkish coffee with the perfect foam. Just use the scoop to put coffee into the brewing chamber then add water.
Their Cook Sense Brewing function boils coffee to give you the excellent and consistent taste of authentic Turkish coffee. Sound and Light Warnings indicate the status of each coffee preparation stage. Prepares two coffees in less than three minutes (definitely a short brewing time!).
Having usage of low voltage for US households is a huge advantage!!! Just make sure after each use to clean the cup only with water. We would advise you to hand wash with soap after every 5 to10 usages.
Drawbacks include very bad customer service, in fact, there is none. Hard to find responses from their web form, no email, no phone too. After prolonged usage (more than six months) the machine takes up to 6 to 7 minutes to presumably heat up the water, but in effect, the water stays tepid.
- ☕ Foamy authentic Turkish Coffee taste thanks to Cooksense Technology
- 🔌 This machine is designed for US outlets (120V)
- 🎵 Audible warning when it's ready to sip
- ⏳ One touch simple coffee cooking in less than 3 mins
- 🧽 Easy pot cleaning
3. Arzum Okka OK002W 120V Turkish/Greek Coffee Machine
Arzum Okka replicates the traditional way of coffee making at the push of a button. Their ‘direct-to-cup’ and ‘lift-to-brew’ systems, brews coffee in its traditional taste. The ‘auto boiling temperature detection’ feature adjusts the perfect brewing temperature automatically according to your region. Arzum Okka also has a slow-brewing feature, a brewing process of 4 minutes, in addition to their cup-size selection, and self-cleaning functionalities.
Arzum Okka brews and pours with perfect foam. All you need to do is to put coffee into the brewing chamber. Arzum Okka does the rest automatically and your coffee is ready to be enjoyed. The “Slow brew” function extends the brewing to around 4 minutes. Arzum Okka washes with the press of a key. Fully compatible with the US standards households; US-plug, UL-approved, and operates with 120V.
Drawbacks include having no pot of its own. The coffee does not remain hot for longer and it’s a learning curve for a user.
- Automatic Turkish/Greek Coffee machine
- Automatically brews and pours coffee directly into the cup(s)
- Self-cleaning function
- Slow brewing function
- Included components: Quick Start Guide
4. SAKI Turkish Coffee Maker, 120V
SAKI Turkish Coffee Machine engineered to give pro barista brewing feeling at your home. With cook-sense technology, you do not have to wait around to avoid overflowing. Highly improved sensors switch off this automatic Turkish coffee maker by itself when your foam gets to a perfect level.
SAKI Turkish Coffee Machine is the first model in the market with Ember Cooking Function. It doubles foaming and brings the same taste experience of coffee brewing on ember or sand.
Making coffee is easy and quick using this automatic Turkish coffee maker. Put water into the coffee pot. Then add coffee using a SAKI coffee measuring spoon. Stir the coffee pot for foaming on top. In about 2 to 3 minutes, the perfect cup of Turkish coffee will be ready to serve.
It has two selection modes – 1 to 2 People and 3 to 4 People options.
They offer a 100% Replacement Guarantee on each Turkish coffee machine.
We recommend making sure to go to a store and get fine coffee grounds. If you have an electric bean grinder, use it to first grind the coffee into a fine powder before using it in the machine.
- ☕️ COOK-SENSE TECHNOLOGY - SAKI Turkish Coffee Maker engineered to bring pro barista brewing technology to your home. With cook-sense technology, you do not have to stand in front of the Turkish coffee maker to avoid overflowing. Highly improved sensors shut off the machine automatically when your Turkish coffee foam reaches a perfect level—Lord of the foams SAKI Turkish Coffee Machine.
- ☕️ EMBER-COOKING FUNCTION - Compared to other Turkish Coffee Makers on the market SAKI Turkish Coffee Maker comes with a unique feature that differs from others. SAKI Turkish Coffee Machine is the first product in the market with Ember Cooking Function to double foams and gives the same taste experience of brewing on sand or ember.
- ☕️ EASY TO USE - Drink the perfect cup of Turkish coffee with only one button. Put the amount of water into the Turkish coffee pot, then add Turkish coffee to the coffee pot using SAKI measuring spoon. Stir the coffee pot for perfect foam. Select the person button and press it. In about 2-3 minutes, your perfect cup of Turkish coffee is ready to serve. Enjoy at every sip.
- ☕️ 4-CUPS CAPACITY - SAKI Turkish Coffee Machine has two capacity selection modes. 1-2 People and 3-4 People selections. Cups selection features allow you to make a perfect cup of Turkish coffee for yourself and your loved ones at ease.
- ☕️ 2 YEARS REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE - We pride ourselves on being buyer-friendly, which is why a 100% Replacement Guarantee covers each Turkish coffee maker. Contact us for any concerns or issues; our experts thrive on helping with any problem.
5. Brentwood Appliances TS-117S Electric Turkish Coffee Maker
This stainless steel electric coffee making machine can brew up to 4 cups of Turkish coffee thanks to the incredible 800 watt power base. Also, the power base is detachable. It features 360 degree swivel technology. Meaning, you can place the coffee pot in any direction. The ergonomic, large handle, and fitting spout make serving easy. You will enjoy the one-handed operation with a suitably placed power switch with a power-on light signal. All contact parts of this machine are BPA Free.
In a couple of minutes, anyone can make a very tasty Turkish coffee with a nice foam on top. You can brew coffee for up to 4 people at a time. It is very easy to use and clean. The plug part is separated from the coffee pot. So when you will be washing it, you won’t have to worry about the splash of water to the plug. Pretty nifty!
Its drawbacks include that the electric pot can rapidly boil its contents. There is no automatic shutoff mechanism. So over boiling/overflow can be easy. You have to be watchful while making coffee.
- Providing quality products at reasonable costs
- Boil Dry Protection shuts unit off when no liquid is present
- Included Components: Power Base, Coffee Maker, Lid, Instruction Manual
- Makes a total of 4 cups or 10 ounces of Turkish coffee
6. Sinbo SCM 2951 Greek Turkish Coffee Maker
This Sinbo model has a capacity of 0.4 lt tank. Which is almost good for 4- demitasse cups at a time. Double safety system against running without water and overheating. Provides On and Off button. Comes with 230V~ 50 Hz, 1000W, and an EU Plug. The Sinbo model has a smaller footprint with a removable handle and a non-separable sub.
It is a very quiet coffee maker. So if you are worried about the coffee maker’s sound then you will like it. It slowly leads the coffee to a boil which is one of the important factors for making a cup of Turkish coffee.
However, it doesn’t have an automatic stop property. So if you do not keep an eye on while making coffee, your coffee will most likely boil off. Also, it is sized bigger than it initially looks. Great for big cups but not for your espresso-sized cups.
- 0.4 lt tank capacity / almost for 4- demitasse cups
- Double protection system against overheating and running without water
- On-off button / 230V~ 50 Hz, 1000W, EU Plug
- Smaller footprint with removable handle
- Non-separate sub
Turkish Coffee Pots & Types
Best Turkish coffee pots come traditionally in three materials: copper, brass, and stainless steel. Each material has its advantages and disadvantages. But overall they are all capable of brewing fantastic Turkish coffee.
Brass can look a bit antiquated. But it can appear quite elegant when put in the middle of a kitchen that’s chasing an older style. Brass as a metal does not rust and is less corrosive than copper. So, a long product lifespan can be counted on.
Copper also can corrode in decades but cannot rust. Most copper pots are lined on the inside with tin to prolong lifespan. In a modern kitchen, Copper’s a stylish metal. Many copper ibriks also come with beautiful designs beat into the sides.
Stainless steel is modern, sleek, it’s super easy to wash, and now considered part of the best Turkish coffee pot material. While it does not really capture as much of that romantic vibe. It’s definitely the longest-lasting material among other ibrik materials and also dishwasher-safe.
For our reader’s convenience in mind, here are some recommended Coffee Pots we’re hooking you up with –
- To determine the best Turkish coffee pot, you should always check for 100% free from the PBA Turkish coffee maker. The voltage range of 110V to 120V. This range is suitable for home kitchens.
- Turkish coffee is consumed in, 2-3-ounce shot. So, it’s best to buy a pot that matches your anticipated serving size with this in mind.
- An overall 2-serving size is practical. If you are expecting many guests, get a 5 or 6-serving pot.
- We highly suggest avoiding plastic handles even if they are non-burning and food-grade.
- With a smaller brewer size, go with a wooden handle pot because the metal handle will get hot quickly since it would be close to the heat.
How to Make Turkish Coffee
- Add water (50 mL per cup) to the pot/cezve (ibrik).
- Add sugar and stir to blend it.
- Bring to a simmer and remove from the heat. Add coffee (a teaspoon per cup).
- Boil the coffee mix.
- Remove the pot from heat quickly after a first boil. Discard the foam and mix well.
- In succession, boiled it twice. Remove the pot from the heat each time. The foam can either be discarded or kept.
- Let the remaining coffee powder settle before serving. To accelerate the process, you can add a tablespoon of cold water.
Coffee Type and Ground Size
Traditional Turkish coffee likes using Arabian Yemen Mocha. Medium to dark roasted Arabica coffee bean variations are the best but you can apply. Nowadays, Arabian Yemen Mocha and Brazilian coffee beans are commonly accepted and popularized.
Most important for brewing perfect Turkish coffee is that the beans must be grounded to a very fine form, almost powder-like appearance.
A manual coffee grinder gives very fine size best and has competitive advantages over the electric home coffee grinder. Since freshly grinding difficult to perform daily, you can buy fine grind pre-grounded coffee beans from the supermarkets.
Difference between Turkish and Greek Coffee
Crowned with dark foam, silty as fresh soil, and delightfully bitter. There’s nothing like a cup of bracing Turkish coffee. Or is it the Greek coffee? Or even the Arab coffee? If you’re not sure, we’re here for you to help you understand. All these coffees are more alike rather than different.
They begin with dark roasted beans ground into an extra fine powder that then gets mixed with water and heated directly on the stove. In Greece, the pot is called Briki. In Turkey, it’s a Cezve. And in Arabic, it’s called a Jadwha. But in each case, the water and coffee are heated until they boil over and foam up. The pot’s taken off the heat to let the foam settle. This can be repeated once or twice.
In Turkey, it’s brewed with sugar in the pot. In Arabic countries and in Greece, sugar is added later. Arabic-style coffees also may be spiced with cinnamon or cardamom. This is less common in Greece and Turkey.
To start enjoying Turkish coffee at home, you will need the perfect, best quality, reliable, and beginner-friendly small or large size coffee maker under an affordable budget. Which will help you brew excellent cups of coffee confidently with full flavor. So, we have brought the list of the best electric Turkish coffee makers at your disposal. Now you can easily fulfill your Turkish coffee craving without any fear and in the comfort of your own kitchen.
Enjoy Your Coffee!