The Lazy Eye is another variant of the famous Red Eye coffee recipe. The Lazy Eye’s recipe includes a cup of decaf drip coffee topped with a single shot of regular espresso. Unlike the other “eye” drinks’ recipes, there’s no consensus on the number of espresso shots you can put here. But most recipes suggest one or two shots at best.
- Time required: 7–10 minutes
- Drink size: 8–10 oz. (1 serving)
- Ratio: 1:1 (1 cup of decaf coffee to 1 shot of espresso)
Equipment And Ingredients
- Regular espresso coffee beans
- An espresso machine
- Decaf coffee beans
- A drip coffeemaker
- A tall serving glass
- A coffee grinder
- For the drip coffeemaker, grind the decaf coffee beans. Use a medium grind setting.
- Pour the ground coffee into your coffeemaker and begin brewing.
- In the meantime, start grinding the regular espresso beans, using a medium-fine grind setting.
- If the coffee brewing is finished, pour the coffee into the tall serving glass (1 cup or 6–8 oz.).
- Now take the espresso grounds and pull a single shot of espresso with your espresso machine.
- Pour the espresso shot over the decaf coffee, stir, and serve.