Stone Street Coffee is renowned as an artisanal coffee roaster. Based in Brooklyn, NY since 2009. With an unprecedented motto to freshness, every bean they offer was roasted in their Brooklyn branch. They are dedicated to this fine craft of hand roasting coffees. They also take pride in their ethical and intimate sourcing from the best-growing regions and coffee farms.
They have perfected the roasting formula over the years and now capable of expertly developing each coffee types’ characteristics as well as the flavor profile. Their product not only fuels the world’s greatest city but also ships nationwide and beyond. So let’s dive into the stone street coffee review to find out their secrets!
stone street coffee review: Product Features And Details
- Dark roasted: Considered best flavor for cold brewing.
- Made for cold brewing: The perfect coffee mix for your own cold brew coffee.
- Roast level: Dark roasted for a bold and perfectly smooth cup of cold brew joe.
- Offerings: Coarse ground or whole bean options. Both are available on the market.
- Flavor qualities: Low acidity, very smooth, slightly sweet, well balanced, & strong coffee flavor.
- Coarse ground: 100% authentic Colombian Supremo beans are used for their freshly roasted and coarsely ground extraction for the optimal cold brew.
- Premium packaging: For the purpose of our Stone Street coffee cold brew review, we inspected their 3-layer natural kraft and re-sealable foil bag. Impressively enough, it was made to ensure optimal quality freshness for the beans. The Natural Kraft bag includes a one-way de-gassing valve to preserve aroma and freshness. The 1 lb. bag is re-sealable only though.
- COARSE GROUND COFFEE FOR COLD BREWING – We start with gourmet arabica coffee beans from Colombia, then we grind them to the perfect coarse ground size for optimal cold brew extraction. Our grounds are perfect for using in your at-home cold brew coffee maker or system, French press, pitcher, or mason jar.
- DARK ROAST COLOMBIAN SUPREMO – Our beans are classified as ‘supremo’ which are the largest and highest quality beans from Colombia. When these beans are dark roasted, it brings out the nutty/chocolate notes and makes the most delicious tasting cold brew coffee.
- STRONG & SMOOTH BLEND – Our coffee is specially formulated to make a bold, balanced, low-acid, slightly sweet cold brew or iced coffee. You can easily adjust the strength to make it extra strong (more coffee or longer brewing time) or even lighter (more water).
- 1 LB RESEALABLE BAG (16 Ounce) – Our 3-layer natural kraft bag is foil-lined and has a one-way valve for optimal coffee freshness. The wide top opening makes for easy scooping and the seal keeps your one pound of coffee fresh. Our premium packaging makes the perfect gift for the special coffee lover in your life.
- FRESHLY ROASTED IN BROOKLYN, NYC – Stone Street Coffee Company is specialty small-batch roaster, we’ve been making artisanal coffee since 2009.
Savory Coffee Choices
Stone Street offers customers two different types of coffees. Regular and flavored coffee. When it comes to singular origin and roast intensity level, most of Stone Street’s coffees fall under various categories. Though some of this roasting falls under different spectrums, we have listed a few of our top picks from each one!
Stone Street claimed this mixture is complex and solid in flavor. Meaning that this blend is strong and delicious enough to retain and hold its robust flavor profile. Originating from one of the most favorite regions for coffee cultivation, the Columbian roast is collected straight from trusted and local farmers. Which ensures careful growth and cultivation of the coffee. Additionally, the beans are also 18 screens. Meaning that they’re not only tasty but also aesthetically appealing as well.
World’s Fair 1964
It’s a lighter roast with a crisp, sharp flavor. Complemented with subtle acidity. Using three separate beans to craft this mix. Stone Street uses coffee beans cultivated in Central and South America to make the mixture of delectable notes of savor. Even if you aren’t a lover of or not familiar with lightly roasted coffee, this mix is great for everyone and an everyday option for those who crave a less-intense light roast. Hence, Stone Street has nicknamed this “The Doughnut Blend”. Because it’s designed to house many coffee drinkers’ palates.
This is Stone Street’s own mark of appreciation for the company’s favorite city borough, Brooklyn. We’ve enjoyed this roast as it’s not just a medium roasted, but it’s actually a lighter roasted and a darker, sweeter coffee, mixed together. Together, this unique blend results in a cup of joe that’s bold, robust, well-bodied, and velvety smooth with every single sip.
Like the Brooklyn Roast, Stone Street also makes a House Blend as the company’s signature combination. Made fully out of South American arabica beans. This mixture is also full of rich flavor carried by a smoky finish. The House Blend has also a brighter acidity level. Though its intensity level is more muted compared to its lightly roasted cousins.
French Roast blends are a marker to discover how a roaster treats its dark-roasted beans. Definitely, Stone Street’s French Roast doesn’t disappoint on this topic. Also another South American roast blend. It is characterized as being bright, clean, yet milder in flavor. Made from Brazilian Mogiana beans. These beans are known to be grown in one of the most nutrient-rich soils in the country.
One of the more crowd-favorite Indonesian Coffees that Stone Street offers. It is heavier in the body with a syrupy, smooth texture. This darker roast is concocted just long enough to bring a few cracks out of the coffee beans without causing them to burn. Resulting in coffee that’s rich, deep, and robust with every sip of it. Extremely low in acidity, it makes a gentle coffee for those who have a sensitive stomach.
From the rich soils of Columbia, this flavored coffee is designed after a habitual Columbian dessert. This blend is mixed with juicy, sweet, and fruity flavors to make it a mouthwatering mix to sip on when done freshly brewed. There’s an undernote of spice-infusion in the flavors as well. It makes for a succulent and warm finish.
For a hint of fall-season flavor, Stone Street’s Gingerbread blend is to die for! This is a deliciously made blend who wants to enjoy an organically sweetened coffee, without the presence of any sweetener or creamer.
Once again, this is also a Columbian roast that’s formulated with a spoonful of southern magic in each sip. The blend embodies all of the flavors that taste like home. Yes, we are talking about roasted pecans, butter, and hints of sweet sugar!
Reasons To Pick Stone Streets’ Coffee
Superior Bean Sourcing
They take pride in their ethical and intimate sourcing relationships with the best coffee farmers and cultivation regions. From the best grade and sourcing requirements to their commitment to roasting in small batches roasting, they ensure that their beans are the best around.
They offer a line of coffee products from the best regions in the world. From raw greens to whole roasted beans. From ground to even espresso, they make it all! Find all of their offerings on Amazon or similar e-commerce sites.
Wholly dedicated to the fine craft of handcrafted coffee beans. They have perfected the process over the years, at the same time expertly developed each coffee’s unique characteristics and blends to fit flavor profiles.
Each product they offer is roasted at their Brooklyn bridge location. From Wall Street to Williamsburg, They craft this exacting product that fuels the greatest city on earth! From the Empire State and beyond!
Stone Street Coffee Cold Brew Review: What Are The Users Saying?
The Company is located in Brooklyn, NY since 2009. Bearing Colombian Supremo beans that are freshly roasted 100%. As well as coarsely grounded for Stone Street’s cold brew coffee. Though they are dark roasted coffee, it is absolutely best for cold brewing. It tastes smooth, sweet, and well-balanced but bold in flavor. To get the authentic flavor of the coffee, best prepare without any milk, sweeteners to avoid creating acidity. And the only specialty of the coffee is being less acidic than any hot coffee.
Usable for both hot and cold coffee. But recommended getting the best taste out by making cold coffee with it.
According to Healthline, this cold brew coffee-
- will boost metabolism,
- reduce the risk of type-2 diabetes,
- reduce the risk of heart disease,
- easier to digest in the stomach.
How To Make Cold Brew
The step-by-step brewing process is given below.
Note: Use French press, cold brewer, or Mason jar.
- Add the coarse ground coffee and filtered, cold water to your brewing device. We recommend a 1:4 ratio of coffee and water.
- Stir, cover, and leave it inside the fridge.
- After about 12 to 24 hours (12 hours, if you like a ready-to-drink version. 24 hours, if you like to brew a concentrated blend) press and enjoy!
Why Settle For Stone Street?
Their beans are cultivated exclusively by family-owned farms. Due to this scope to directly trade with the farmers, the farmers are able to be more involved in the international trading of coffee. Also, benefit more from it. As well as offer authentic flavor and top-grade coffee quality to the customers.
What Makes Blue Mountain Coffee So Expensive?
The steep grade and high altitude of the Blue Mountain region make the coffee expensive and difficult to harvest. Every single bean is hand monitored. The Blue Mountains provide just around 0.1% of the entire world’s coffee. The demand is relatively high and 80% of the produced coffee is shipped to Japan only.
Can this coffee be brewed hot?
Yes, it can be used to brew hot coffee too. It is best applied in a French Press or pour-over method since it is a coarse grind.
Does this coffee brewable with a quick cold brew maker (i.e. Cuisinart)?
Yes! In fact, these beans are favorable to use with them.
Picking Stone Street Coffee will let you have both the hot and cold coffee in one bag. Keep away from using any sweeteners, or creamers, and milk, if you like to get the authentic taste of the coffee. Stone Street Coffee has a bold and rich flavor with underlying dark chocolate notes. If you like such flavor, then give this a try!
Enjoy Your Coffee!