Not all of us agree with how the French function in their kitchen daily. If this is why you’ve stayed away from French presses before, now is the time to blow your mind! The French press was originally invented by an Italian designer. There you go. No need to fret about the French connection anymore.
The French presses do well compared to any other coffee maker because they minimize the forfeiture of flavor. It does not apply traditional filters that entrap the coffee grounds. Rather, in the bottom of the pot, it meshes the coffee grounds. Thus all the oils from the coffee beans get released.
Now, let’s dive into the Bodum Columbia French Press Coffee Maker review.
Bodum Columbia French Press Review: Key Features
- COFFEE PRESS: COLUMBIA coffee maker brews an excellent cup of coffee or tea within minutes, just add course ground coffee, hot water and steep
- INSULATED: Thermal coffee maker is made of double-wall, stainless steel construction to keep beverages hot for two hours; leisurely enjoy your coffee without getting cold
- STAINLESS STEEL: 3-part stainless steel plunger has a mesh filter that helps extract your coffee's aromatic oils and subtle flavors instead of being absorbed by a paper filter
- DURABLE DESIGN: Coffee press features Bodum's patented safety lid to keep contents from spilling and is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- SERVINGS: This premium coffee press holds 17 ounces, enough for 4 cups of coffee or tea, 4 oz each
Bodum Columbia coffee maker within minutes, brews an excellent cup of Joe or tea. Just add coarsely grounded coffee. Then hot water and steep.
Bodum Insulated French Press:
Made out of stainless steel double-wall this thermal coffee maker. Also, the stainless steel build keeps your coffee or tea hot for up to two hours. So you can enjoy leisurely your tea or coffee without getting cold.
The plunger has a mesh filter made of 3-part stainless steel. Instead of being soaked up by a paper filter, it helps you to pull out the coffee’s aromatic oils as well as subtle flavors.
This French Coffee press features a safety lid Bodum patented to keep secrets from spilling. This device is also dishwasher safe for the user’s easy cleaning.
This premium quality French coffee press holds 17 ounces. Well enough for 4 cups of java or tea. 4 ounces each. Although they have 2 more different serving sizes of this model.
Benefits Of Using
- Sheathed double wall stainless steel French press coffee maker with a double and durable construction for more efficient heat retention.
- Mesh and silicone plunger that saves from scratching. Offers a thorough filtration as well as reduces sediment.
- Easy-grip build and cool-touch handle. It’s a pleasure to hold and pour beverage out of this maker.
- Safety lid that keeps drinks from spilling.
- Environment friendly formula of brewing. No plastic capsules or paper filters required.
- Easy to clean and use.
- Dishwasher safe coffee maker.
Pros and Cons
- Functional-styled design.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Makes aromatic and rich cup of coffee.
- Has an iconic home décor type of exterior build.
- High-quality materials applied in its production.
- Really fast cool-down rate.
- There are some plastic bits of parts.
How The Coffee Maker Works
- Place your Columbia on a flat surface first. Hold its handle firmly. Then pull the plunger up and out of its carafe.
- Add one Bodum scoop or, one rounded teaspoon of coarsely grounded coffee. It’s for each cup per 4 ounces of water.
- Pour hot water into its carafe. The temperature should be 92 – 96ºC range. It will leave a minimum of 2.5cm or 1inch at the top. Then stir the mixture either with a wooden spoon or a plastic spoon.
- On top of the pot, place the plunger unit. Then turn the lid. So the pour spout gets closed to preserve the heat.
- Leave it for 4 minutes to brew.
- Hold the coffee pot’s handle firmly. At the same time make sure to turn the spout away from you. Then just using the weight of your hand, add little pressure on top of the knob. It lowers the plunger down into the pot straight.
- Slowly lowering the plunger with this minimal pressure will produce the best results.
- If the filter becomes hard to push down the plunger or clogs, you should move the plunger from the pot. Stir the brew afterward. And then slowly plunge it again.
- WARNING: Applying excessive force can produce scalding liquid to shoot out of the coffee pot.
- WARNING: To open the pour spout just turn the lid. Then you should pour coffee.
How To Clean And Cautions
- Unscrew the filter assembly first.
- Then clean the plunger unit.
- Do this after each use.
- Please note that all the parts are dishwasher safe too.
- Not suitable for stovetop usage.
- While using keep children away from the maker. Hot water is a danger to little children!
- Do not let children use the Bodum Columbia, coffee maker.
- The extreme plunging force will cause scalding hot liquid to spill out of the pot.
- Avoid plunging with force while in use.
- Turn the lid to close the spout.
- Use only coarse ground coffee for brewing coffee.
Who Should Buy This Coffee Maker
French Presses made of stainless steel have always been on the expensive side of the price spectrum. If they cost low, then they’re most definitely made of stainless steel or overall have questionable quality.
However, Bodum Columbia French Press coffee maker is an exceptional case here. It’s neither cheap nor too expensive. Making it a relatively popular economical option for the customers who are on the market looking for a stainless steel model.
It’ll also fit in well with your beautiful home décor setup. It has already won many hearts of both coffee and non-coffee lovers alike.
Who Shouldn’t Buy This Coffee Maker
If you are an absent-minded or, a bit of a nonchalant coffee maker or even a free-floating around your kitchen space, then we’d think twice to recommend Bodum Columbia French press coffee maker for you.
The reason lies under the eye-candy design of this French Press coffee machine. In fact, the base of the machine feels a little small next to the glowing body. Though it stands quite solidly on an even surface, it can be one of the easier targets to tip in your kitchen. Which can cause any sort of injury.
In the process of this Bodum Columbia review, we’ve found it difficult to find and enlist any downsides to this coffee maker. But what would create an engrossing alternative to this product might be a full see-through model. Some people like to observe their coffee while it’s brewing. So the customers are willing to sacrifice the aspect of insulation for that particular experience.
If you’ve found yourself among these people, you might need to check out the Bodum Chambord model. It has a lower price and yet comes with the same 12-cup capacity on the model. What makes it surprising though for this model is, instead of using complete stainless steel it used borosilicate glass. This will allow you to observe the brewing process from beginning to end, assuming you have the time to spare for such.
- French press: Chambord French press brews a premium cup of Coffee in just 4 minutes, simply add course ground Coffee, hot water and press
- Stainless steel: 3-part stainless steel plunger has a mesh filter that helps extract your coffee's aromatic oils and subtle flavors instead of being absorbed by a paper filter. Made of plastic
- Durable design: Coffee press features Bodum Patented safety lid to keep contents from spilling and is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Maximum flavor: pressed Coffee extracts the perfect amount of essentials oils and acids from the Coffee bean for maximum flavor; the preferred method for brewing for Coffee enthusiasts everywhere
- Servings: premium French press Coffee maker makes 8 cups of Coffee, 4 oz each
Bodum Columbia is feminine and an attractive French Press machine that is great at doing many things. The brew quality, to start with, is top quality and is constructed to last way past what your money’s worth. The Bodum Columbia coffee maker can be declared as an almost perfect French press.
It has a variant of 12 cups maximum capacity. Also, it comes with a silicone seal for its very fine mesh filter. The double walls offer awesome insulation. For up to two hours this maker is capable of keeping the coffee hot. It also guarantees the Columbia remains a very durable coffee machine.
We haven’t crossed paths with a French Press as this easy to clean and maintain as well; hence drawing the conclusion of our Bodum Columbia French Press Coffee Maker review, confirming it’s a kitchenware worth going for.
Enjoy Your Coffee!