The Bistro electric milk frother can change your daily coffee experience to a coffeehouse specialty. This frother checks all your favorite frothy drinks at your fingertips and whenever you desire. It can help you achieve that by giving you frothy, rich, and flavorful foam with a press of a button and in a minute! Additionally, by removing the whisk, you can use this milk frother to heat up milk for your café latte or hot chocolate.
So, let’s know all about this neat, compact-looking kitchen device and why you should invest in it here in our Bodum electric milk frother review.
Bodum Electric Milk Frother Review: Key Features
Bodum claimed this to be a durable gadget that can be used daily. Its’ stainless steel body is sturdy. A non-stick interior makes cleaning a breeze. The vessel itself is easily washable with soap and water. Perfectly designed for small kitchens with little storage space. The cord storage within the base saves further space.
Smartness And Quality Control
This milk frother will also heat up any milk to maintain 70ºC temperature. The auto shut-off feature saves energy and worries about turning it on or off. Once done, take it off from the power base, open the lid, and pour.
It can take in 10 ounces (300 ml) of cold milk of your choice. Use dairy milk or non-dairy such as cashew, almond, or oat milk. The lid is clear which helps you to see the progress. It takes about 1 minute to make you the perfect foamy and creamy froth for your coffee topping.
This small-sized machine creates rich flavor compared to your favorite coffee shop drinks. If you’re in love with rich and airy foam, you’re in luck with it. It is so simple to use. Just plug it in, open up the lid. Then attach the whisk into the shaft. This is what will help you make hundreds of little air bubbles into the milk and create that delicious foam.
Its froth is the perfect companion to cappuccinos, mochas, and lattes. So, a delicious cappuccino, a chocolatey mocha, or a sophisticated latte is not a headache for you anymore. Replicate exquisite flavors and textures at home for these special and luxurious drinks.
PROs And CONs
What We Like
- Clear plastic-made lid.
- Stainless steel-made body.
- Interior has a non-stick coating.
- It has its own nifty cord storage.
- Compact design and detachable base.
- Delicious foam quality like any coffee shop-style drink.
What We Don’t Like
- Heats up only 1 cup of milk at once.
- Complaints about longevity were common.
- Temperature and froth quality can get inconsistent.
- Milk frother Bistro milk frother was designed to make you a professional Barista without leaving your doorstep
- Compact small electric milk frother has convenient cord storage in the removable base perfect if you plan to leave out on the kitchen counter
- Sleek design auto shut off when finished Transparent lid allows the frothing to be observed
- Servings Bistro milk frother heats 1 cup (300 ml) of milk at a time Perfect for serving yourself or your family
- Material non-stick coating interior ensures easy cleaning and durability Stainless Steel body Tritan plastic lid
How To Use
Since, we’ve cleared the technical aspects and forefront features of the Bodum Bistro milk frother review, let’s see how to use this machine.
- Plugin the power cord into a suitable power outlet.
- Open up the lid and install the whisk onto its rotating shaft.
- Pour in the cold milk. It should be in between the mark “MAX” and “MIN”.
- Close the lid firmly by pushing it down a bit. Set the frother on its power base.
- Switch ON the machine and the button will glow up. The frothing will begin.
- When the temperature reaches approx. 70°C (around the 1-minute mark), the machine will stop frothing if the froth is ready.
- If the froth is not removed all the while its temperature drops below 50°C, the machine will start again automatically to maintain the optimal 70°C. You can also manually press the ON/OFF to operate.
- Now, remove the milk frother off the power base. Open the lid and pour the froth on your drink.
- Connect the machine to a suitable power outlet.
- Open up the lid and remove the whisk from its rotating shaft.
- Pour in your milk of choice. Pour it up between the “MAX” to “MIN” levels.
- Put the lid back on firmly. Now, place the milk frother onto the power base.
- Switch ON the machine and it will begin to heat up.
- The 70°C temperature will be reached around the 1-minute mark. Once there, the machine will stop operating.
- Again, if the temperature drops under 50°C and the vessel is still on the base, the machine will automatically start heating up the milk. Use the ON/OFF button for manual control.
- Remove the vessel from the base, open the lid, and pour it into your cup/drink to enjoy.
How To Clean And Maintain
As all of our grinder and coffee maker reviews consists of cleaning and maintenance information, the Bodum frother review will have it also. Please note, if there isn’t enough milk in the frother, it will turn OFF automatically. So, always check if there is enough milk in the product. Because switching the device OFF automatically may shorten its longevity. Also, allow the machine to cool down before filling it up again.
- Unplug it from the power base. Let the frother cool down before cleaning.
- Clean the interior of the jug with a soft damp cloth, or with a sponge.
- The whisk can be removed to rinse with water.
Full Interior Cleaning
- Put on the whisk attachment onto its head. Fill it with clean water to MAX mark. Now, add 2 drops of mild liquid soap. Turn on the frother. The soapy water will clean the jug.
- Once, the milk frother turns itself off, throw out the soap water. Pour fresh water into the jug again and discard. Repeat until soap residue is gone completely. Finally, wipe out with a soft damp cloth.
- Keep all the electrical connectors and sockets dry.
- Always store in its box. Or inside of a cool and dry place.
- Never store the machine while it’s still connected to the mains.
- Rinse the lid and then whisk in clean water and let them dry thoroughly.
- Never use any abrasive cleaning agents or solvents, hard brushes, and metal or sharp objects for cleaning.
- Never wrap the cord tightly around the machine. Don’t put any stress on the cord as it may cause the cord to fray and break.
- Solvents are hazardous to your health. It also harms the product’s plastic parts. Abrasive cleaning agents and accessories make scratch marks on the machine.
Why You Should Buy One…
If you like to have a quick and easy-to-operate frother to go with your coffee Bistro is a perfect pick. Because it has one ‘ON/OFF’ button only. It auto heats and auto stops. It’s quiet too while operational. So, no irritating loud noise in the morning. The foam is thick, dense, and durable. So, it will go well on top of your hot coffee. The froth doesn’t waste milk as it works only 1 cup (300 ml) worth of foam at once.
Now, interestingly, this is also the reason you should decide that it’s not the frother for your kitchen. Because of its small 1 cup capacity. Also, the most crucial detachable part – the whisk has no replacement in stores. Sometimes, it can be messy too as the vessel seal may get loose with time.
Comparing With Other Bodum Frothers
Bodum Bistro Vs Bodum Latteo Vs Bodum Bistro Barista
About Bodum Latteo…
Latteo is another frother made by Bodum which is non-electric. Bodum claims that the users will be able to make unrepeatable froth by the Latteo. Its exterior is simple and almost resembles Chambord’s models.
The borosilicate glass carafe can store 8 ounces (237 ml) of milk at once. The black lid is made of plastic. The plunger has a spring on it. All of the parts are dishwasher safe. Operation is easy hand-operated. Just pour the milk into the carafe, close the lid, and start plunging.
Depending on the milk type and the froth consistency you want, the preparation time varies. Latteo works well with all types of milk. Due to its size and setup, it’s a portable device! It provides very thick and heavy foam also. Although, you may have leakage issues during preparation. Compared to both Barista and Bistro, it falls short on the fact that it needs pre-heated milk for frothing.
About Bistro Barista…
We believe, in this Bodum milk frother review, both the Barista and Latteo need to be looked at. Well, the Bistro Barista whips up both hot, cold froth, and whips hot chocolate. The electric frother operates via a single button and has 2 discs. One for heating and another for frothing.
The automatic temperature control halts the risk of burning or scalding. The milk container is separable, dishwasher-safe, and stainless steel-made – provides fuss-free cleaning. Its 3 main programs are hot frothing and heating, hot chocolate, and cold frothing. If you push the power button once, twice, and thrice, you will enable hot froth, hot chocolate, and cold froth respectively. It heats up 400ml of milk at a time.
Even though it has no handle, its heat-resistant, silicone band around the container allows easy handling. Stainless steel with a non-stick interior wall makes for easy cleaning and longevity. Works with both dairy and non-dairy milk. The milk container, its lid, and the disks are all dishwasher safe.
We all love our chocolatey mocha, a delicious cappuccino, or a sophisticated latte. But making them at home on a whim seems impossible because what needs that creamy froth that goes on top. Making these barista-level drinks in your own kitchen, our Bodum electric milk frother review shows that the right tool for this job is the Bistro frother.