The Bistro electric milk frother can change your daily coffee experience to a coffeehouse specialty. This frother checks all your favorite frothy drinks at your fingertips and whenever you desire. It can help you achieve that by giving you frothy, rich, and flavorful foam with a press of a button and in a minute! Additionally, by removing the whisk, you can use this milk frother to heat up milk for your café latte or hot chocolate.
So, let’s know all about this neat, compact-looking kitchen device and why you should invest in it here in our Bodum electric milk frother review.
- Bodum Electric Milk Frother Review: Key Features
- Product Information
- PROs And CONs
- How To Use Bodum Milk Frother
- How To Clean And Maintain Bodum Electric Milk Frother
- Why You Should Buy One…
- Reasons Why Bodum Milk Frother Not Working
- Drinks That Goes With The Milk Froth
- Bodum Bistro VS. Bodum Latteo
Bodum Electric Milk Frother Review: Key Features
Smartness And Quality Control
This milk frother will also heat up any milk to maintain a 70ºC temperature. The auto shut-off feature saves energy and worries about turning it on or off. Once done, take it off from the power base, open the lid, and pour.
It can take in 10 ounces (300 ml) of cold milk of your choice. Use dairy milk or non-dairy such as cashew, almond, or oat milk. The lid is clear which helps you to see the progress. It takes about 1 minute to make you the perfect foamy and creamy froth for your coffee topping.
This small-sized machine creates rich flavor compared to your favorite coffee shop drinks. If you’re in love with rich and airy foam, you’re in luck with it. It is so simple to use. Just plug it in, and open up the lid. Then attach the whisk to the shaft. This is what will help you make hundreds of little air bubbles into the milk and create that delicious foam.
Its froth is the perfect companion to cappuccinos, mochas, and lattes. So, a delicious cappuccino, a chocolatey mocha, or a sophisticated latte is not a headache for you anymore. Replicate exquisite flavors and textures at home for these special and luxurious drinks.
Bodum claimed this to be a durable gadget that can be used daily. Its’ stainless steel body is sturdy. A non-stick interior makes cleaning a breeze. The vessel itself is easily washable with soap and water. Perfectly designed for small kitchens with little storage space. The cord storage within the base saves further space.
First brought to the market on April 25, 2018, it weighs 1.58 lbs. and has a dimension of 4.38 x 5.63 x 7.88 inches. Non-stick interior wall made for easy cleaning. It has cord storage down in the base. The base is also detachable. Only available in black, it has a stainless steel body and transparent Tritan lid.
For EU users, it follows 220-240 voltage and 50 Hz. For the US region voltage is 120 V and 60 Hz. Nominal power level 550-650 W (EU) and 500 W (US). Compactly designed, this electric milk frother makes 1 cup (300 ml) milk and 75 (min.) to 190 ml (max.) froth at a time in just 1 minute. Luxuriously rich, thick, and creamy long-lasting foam.
Auto shut-off works when the milk reaches 70ºC temperature to avoid getting burned. Also, if the milk is left inside the machine and falls below 50ºC temperature, it automatically turns on to maintain the optimum temperature.
PROs And CONs
What We Like
- Clear plastic-made lid
- Stainless steel-made body
- It has its own nifty cord storage
- The Interior has a non-stick coating
- Compact design and detachable base
- Delicious foam quality like any coffee shop-style drink
What We Don’t Like
- Heats up only 1 cup of milk at once
- Complaints about longevity were common
- Temperature and froth quality can get inconsistent
- Servings Bistro milk frother heats 1 cup (300 ml) of milk at a time
- Sleek design auto shut off when finished. A transparent lid allows the frothing to be observed
- Material non-stick coating interior ensures easy cleaning and durability. Stainless Steel body with Tritan plastic lid
- The compact small electric milk frother has convenient cord storage in the removable base
- Designed to make you a professional Barista without leaving your doorstep
How To Use Bodum Milk Frother
Since we’ve cleared the technical aspects and forefront features of the Bodum Bistro milk frother review, let’s see how to use this machine.
- Plugin the power cord into a suitable power outlet
- Open up the lid and install the whisk onto its rotating shaft
- Pour in the cold milk. It should be in between the mark “MAX” and “MIN”
- Close the lid firmly by pushing it down a bit. Set the frother on its power base
- Switch ON the machine and the button will glow up. The frothing will begin
- When the temperature reaches approx. 70°C (around the 1-minute mark), the machine will stop frothing if the froth is ready
- If the froth is not removed all the while its temperature drops below 50°C, and the machine will start again automatically to maintain the optimal 70°C. You can also manually press the ON/OFF to operate
- Now, remove the milk frother from the power base. Open the lid and pour the froth on your drink
- Connect the machine to a suitable power outlet
- Open up the lid and remove the whisk from its rotating shaft
- Pour in your milk of choice. Pour it up between the “MAX” to “MIN” levels
- Put the lid back on firmly. Now, place the milk frother onto the power base
- Switch ON the machine and it will begin to heat up
- The 70°C temperature will be reached around the 1-minute mark. Once there, the machine will stop operating
- Again, if the temperature drops under 50°C and the vessel is still on the base, the machine will automatically start heating up the milk. Use the ON/OFF button for manual control
- Remove the vessel from the base, open the lid, and pour it into your cup/drink to enjoy
How To Clean And Maintain Bodum Electric Milk Frother
As all of our grinder and coffee maker reviews consist of cleaning and maintenance information, the Bodum frother review will have it also. Please note, if there isn’t enough milk in the frother, it will turn OFF automatically. So, always check if there is enough milk in the product. Because switching the device OFF automatically may shorten its longevity. Also, allow the machine to cool down before filling it up again.
- Unplug it from the power base. Let the frother cool down before cleaning
- Clean the interior of the jug with a soft damp cloth, or with a sponge
- The whisk can be removed to rinse with water
Full Interior Cleaning
- Put on the whisk attachment onto its head. Fill it with clean water to the MAX mark. Now, add 2 drops of mild liquid soap. Turn on the frother. The soapy water will clean the jug
- Once, the milk frother turns itself off, throw out the soap water. Pour fresh water into the jug again and discard. Repeat until the soap residue is gone completely. Finally, wipe out with a soft damp cloth
- Keep all the electrical connectors and sockets dry
- Always store it in its box. Or inside a cool and dry place
- Never store the machine while it’s still connected to the mains
- Rinse the lid and then whisk in clean water and let them dry thoroughly
- Never use any abrasive cleaning agents or solvents, hard brushes, and metal or sharp objects for cleaning
- Never wrap the cord tightly around the machine. Don’t put any stress on the cord as it may cause the cord to fray and break
- Solvents are hazardous to your health. It also harms the product’s plastic parts. Abrasive cleaning agents and accessories make scratch marks on the machine
Why You Should Buy One…
If you like to have a quick and easy-to-operate frother to go with your coffee Bistro is a perfect pick. Because it has one ‘ON/OFF’ button only. It auto heats and auto stops. It’s quiet too while operational. So, no irritating loud noise in the morning. The foam is thick, dense, and durable. So, it will go well on top of your hot coffee. The froth doesn’t waste milk as it works only 1 cup (300 ml) worth of foam at once.
Now, interestingly, this is also the reason you should decide that it’s not the frother for your kitchen. Because of its small 1 cup capacity. Also, the most crucial detachable part – the whisk has no replacement in stores. Sometimes, it can be messy too as the vessel seal may get loose with time.
Reasons Why Bodum Milk Frother Not Working
If your Bodum milk frother is not working, there could be several reasons for the issue. Possible causes of Bodum Milk Frother’s failure can be:
- Dead batteries in battery-operated models
- Faulty power cord or plug connection in electric models
- Low-fat milk doesn’t froth as well as higher-fat milk
- Milk may be too cold or too hot for optimal frothing
- Residue or milk buildup on the frother’s whisk or agitator
- Milk scorching at the bottom of the frother
- Malfunctioning motor or motor-related components
- Worn-out or damaged frothing whisk
- Overfilling the frother beyond its recommended capacity can lead to malfunction
- Operating the frother incorrectly or using it for purposes other than frothing milk
Age and Wear
- Older frothers may experience wear and tear that affects their performance
- Rare cases of manufacturing defects that impact the frother’s functionality
- Accumulation of limescale deposits in hard water areas can hinder frother performance over time
- Faulty electrical connections, switches, or controls
Water or Moisture Damage
- Exposure to water or moisture can damage the internal components of the frother
- Harsh cleaning agents or improper cleaning techniques can harm the frother
Warranty or Durability
- Expiration of the warranty period or reaching the end of the frother’s expected lifespan
Troubleshooting and addressing these potential causes can help resolve issues with a Bodum milk frother that is not functioning correctly.
Drinks That Goes With The Milk Froth
- Cappuccino: The Italians serve it in a 6 oz. cup. They also top it off with a dense foam (half steamed milk and half foam) in a 1: 3 ratio. Usually, it also gets dusted with unsweetened cocoa
- Coffee Latte: It’s made with milk and steamed coffee in a 1: 5 ratio. Topped off with steamed milk and then finished with hot milk foam
- Caffè Mocha: Since the 1950s, it has been served in Italian-American cafes. It is a blend of coffee, hot chocolate, and hot foamed milk in a 1:1:1 ratio. Hot chocolate is often substituted with syrup and topped with whipped cream
- Latte Macchiato: The coffee gets slowly poured into an 8 oz. glass. The glass was already filled with hot, frothy milk. The coffee stains the milk and makes a darker layer on top. Then everything gets topped off with pure white foam – a 3-layered drink
Bodum Bistro VS. Bodum Latteo
Bodum Latteo Manual Milk Frother
Latteo is another frother made by Bodum which is non-electric. Bodum claims that the users will be able to make unrepeatable froth with the Latteo. Its exterior is simple and almost resembles Chambord’s models.
The borosilicate glass carafe can store 8 ounces (237 ml) of milk at once. The black lid is made of plastic. The plunger has a spring on it. All of the parts are dishwasher-safe. Operation is easily hand-operated. Just pour the milk into the carafe, close the lid, and start plunging.
Depending on the milk type and the froth consistency you want, the preparation time varies. Latteo works well with all types of milk. Due to its size and setup, it’s a portable device! It provides very thick and heavy foam also. However, you may have leakage issues during preparation. Compared to both Barista and Bistro, it falls short in the fact that it needs pre-heated milk for frothing.
- Creates an airy foam in less than 30 seconds for a Cafe styled coffee
- Glass carafe made of durable heat-resistant borosilicate glass
- Features a silk plastic lid with a deep rim to prevent foam from escaping the spout
- Beat the milk by moving the plunger frother up and down about 60-90 times or until you feel the milk getting thicker
- For each serving, the frother holds 8 ounces of cold milk
Does the Bodum milk frother heat the milk?
Both the bistro and barista electric frothers do. But latteo hand frother doesn’t.
Does Bodum milk frother work with almond milk?
Yes, it does. In fact, it works with most dairy, low-fat, and non-dairy milk.
How do you make hot chocolate in Bodum milk frother?
Pour the milk into the main content first. Then add (preferably in powdered form) chocolate (30-90g). Mix and then close the lid. Now, start the frothing process. It takes almost 2 minutes.
Is Bodum milk frother microwave safe?
Bodum’s glass carafes for their frothers are borosilicate glass. They are all microwave-safe.
What batteries Bodum milk frother Needs?
They need 2 AA batteries.
We all love our chocolatey mocha, a delicious cappuccino, or a sophisticated latte. But making them at home on a whim seems impossible because what needs that creamy froth that goes on top. Making these barista-level drinks in your own kitchen, our Bodum electric milk frother review shows that the right tool for this job is the Bistro frother.
Enjoy Your Coffee!