Café del Tiempo is a Valencian iced coffee. Café del tiempo means “weather coffee” as the ice cubes cool the coffee to room temperature. Traditionally, it’s a cup of coffee with ice cubes and occasionally a slice of lemon. The drinker has sugar on the side with this coffee as well.
This coffee traditionally requires plain espresso, but with time, milk, sweeteners, and drip coffee have become a part of the recipe. Primarily, café del tiempo is enjoyed as a summer or spring beverage.
The Valencians like to have this coffee in bars, but you can easily make it a home drink for yourself!
The Recipe Specifications
- Time required: 5 minutes
- Drink size: 6 oz. (1 serving)
Equipment And Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of honey (sugar is an alternative)
- 2 teaspoons of coffee
- A handheld frother
- 2 glasses or cups
- 150 ml of water
- 2 oz. of milk
- Put one big or multiple regular-sized ice cubes into the glass.
- Now pour 2 tablespoons of honey into the glass.
- Pour the milk into another empty glass and whisk it for 2 minutes with the handheld frother.
- Pour this milk into the ice and honey-filled glass.
- Now add 2 teaspoons of coffee into 150ml of hot water and let it brew.
- Once the brewing is done, pour it into the ice, honey, and frothed milk-filled glass. Stir it up and serve!