Coffee is a process that many people enjoy because it has a great taste and can be rejuvenating. However, what many people don’t know is that freshly ground coffee beans have an even better taste than the powder form of coffee. If you want to get the best possible flavor from your coffee, consider using a grinder specifically for grinding coffee beans.
There are many different types of coffee grinders on the market, and it can be hard to choose the right one. Let us help you decide by providing a list of the best coffee grinders and a guide to help you. The article covers the different features that each grinder offers and what you should consider when making your choice.
Best Grinder for Coffee Beans: The Reviews
If you are looking for convenience, electric grinders are the most common nowadays. Even if you do not know how to grind coffee beans for a certain kind of coffee beverage, an electric grinder will have an easy-to-use setting for that exact kind of grind. So, you get many helpful features with it.
Manual coffee grinders are a great companion when it comes to portability. Undoubtedly, an electric coffee grinder works well and gives you lots of conveniences compared to a manual one.
Let’s look at our top picks-
|1||Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder (Black)||13,141 Reviews||$169.95||Check On Amazon|
|2||Hamilton Beach Fresh Grind Electric Coffee Grinder for Beans, Spices and More, Stainless Steel...||47,939 Reviews||$19.99||Check On Amazon|
|3||Breville Smart Grinder Pro Coffee Bean Grinder, Brushed Stainless Steel, BCG820BSS||4,777 Reviews||$349.99 $170.99||Check On Amazon|
|4||Baratza Virtuoso+ Conical Burr Coffee Grinder with Digital Timer Display||1,659 Reviews||$249.95||Check On Amazon|
|5||KRUPS Silent Vortex Electric Grinder for Spice, Dry Herbs and Coffee, 12-Cups, Black||11,547 Reviews||$43.99 $32.17||Check On Amazon|
|6||Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill||37,048 Reviews||$59.95||Check On Amazon|
|7||Manual Coffee Grinder by JavaPresse — Manual Coffee Bean Grinder with 18 Adjustable Settings,...||22,800 Reviews||$45.99 $27.99||Check On Amazon|
|8||VEVOK CHEF Manual Coffee Grinder Mini Hand Coffee Grinder 6 Adjustable Setting Stainless Steel...||949 Reviews||$58.99 $49.99||Check On Amazon|
Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder (Best Overall)
The main purpose of getting a coffee grinder is often for getting the best kind of coffee grind. After all, that is what affects the flavor and taste of your coffee. If you want the best kind of coffee grind at your home every day then you can consider this Baratza Encore Conical Burr grinder.
The grind quality is excellent as you can expect from a burr grinder. In fact, consistency is the reason behind excellence. Furthermore, this grinder allows you to choose from 40 different grind settings. So, you can grind your coffee beans for any kind of coffee beverage- starting from espresso to french press.
The coffee getting stuck makes cleaning this machine a pain. Furthermore, in the long run, it is the clogs that reduce the lifetime of the grinder. So, you have to be a bit careful when using this machine- you have to be quite aware.
Apart from that, the controls are easy to understand. The grinder also looks quite great and has a compact build. So, it won’t take space and just adorn your kitchen without causing any trouble.
The price of this grinder is quite reasonable as well. It is actually a great choice for entry-level coffee makers for all its features and its price. It’s very easy to use. But, yes it needs a bit of attention too.
Furthermore, the customer service of this coffee grinder is very helpful too. The machine comes with a year warranty and you will get the help you need from the brand.
- The grind quality of this grinder is excellent.
- It lets you grind coffee for any kind of drink.
- It has enough steps in the settings.
- Compact build which saves space in the kitchen.
- Great finish quality which means that it is built to last.
- Good choice for beginners because it is very simple to use.
- Reasonable price.
- It can be a bit difficult to clean.
- Gets clogged easily.
- SPECIALTY COFFEE ASSOCIATION AWARD WINNING GRINDERS - Baratza grinders are preferred by coffee professionals and backed by Baratza’s world class support.
- GO-TO ENTRY LEVEL GRINDER - Baratza’s best-selling grinder, with its small footprint, is THE choice for brewing coffee at home. Available in White or Black.
- USER FRIENDLY - A convenient, front-mounted pulse button, plus a simple ON/OFF switch make it easy to grind fresh coffee.
- 40 GRIND SETTINGS - Engineered with 40mm commercial-grade conical burrs that help you explore the extensive range of brew methods (espresso, Aeropress, Hario V60, Chemex, French Press, and automatic brewers).
- WARRANTY/QUALITY PARTS - Hardened alloy steel burrs manufactured in Liechtenstein, Europe, plus a powerful DC motor. This combination creates a consistent grind and durability to ensure the longevity users have come to expect from the Baratza brand. The Encore is backed by Baratza’s world class support and a 1 year warranty. 2020 Update has exact same trusted functionality with a sleek new exterior.
Hamilton Beach Fresh Grind 4.5oz Electric Coffee Grinder (Best Budget)
Looking for a budget-friendly and small coffee grinder that will just do the job for you? Then, you are looking at the right one. In fact, this grinder is quite cheap and it provides you with more than what you expect from a coffee grinder at this price point.
Let’s get a few of the important things out of the way first. This grinder is mainly for a small family that does not consume a lot of coffee in a day. It has a really small capacity, that can somewhat grind the amount of coffee you need.
Now, that you know who this coffee grinder is for, let’s get to its features. Apparently, it is a blade coffee grinder, so you won’t be able to enjoy the consistent grind. The sizes will vary so will the flavor and taste. However, it gets the job done fast.
The coffee grinder is very small in size so you can fit it in about anywhere in the house. Furthermore, it will look good anywhere because the cod it comes with can be hidden in it. Clever and thoughtful feature, don’t you think?
You don’t get a lot of features to control the grind settings. However, it is very easy to use. It does not have any fancy features so you know you are getting just what you are paying for.
When it comes to cleaning, the drying part may bother you a bit. Apparently, if you submerge it in the water there are parts in which the water will get into. The brand is aware of it and mentions that you should set the container upside down to dry it.
However, if you plan to use the coffee grinder on the exact same day, it can be quite hard. The beans will get wet and clog it up.
Other than that mini trouble, there is nothing else that can bother you. The grinder is very quiet in its operation as well.
- A very Budget-friendly unit.
- It has a compact size that you can put anywhere in the house.
- Very easy to use.
- It will last if you use it right.
- A good unit for small demands.
- The cord can be hidden for adding beauty.
- It does not dry up easily after getting cleaned.
- EASY CLEANUP — DISHWASHER SAFE GRINDING BOWL: The grinding bowl on this coffee bean grinder is designed with durable stainless steel. It's removable for easy filling and pouring and is dishwasher safe.
- GRIND ENOUGH TO BREW UP TO 12 CUPS OF COFFEE: If you love the delicious taste of coffee made from freshly ground beans, this electric coffee grinder is perfect for the job whether you're grinding coffee for a quick cup or a full pot
- SIMPLE & INTUITIVE: The coffee grinder is so easy to use that you'll want to drink flavorful coffee made from freshly ground coffee beans everyday. Just place the lid on the grinder and press the button to grind coffee. Release to stop grinding.
- DURABLE STAINLESS STEEL BLADES: With the durable stainless steel blades, this grinder makes easy work of grinding everything from coffee beans to herbs and spices.
- REDUCE CLUTTER WITH HIDDEN CORD STORAGE: Hideaway cord storage at the bottom of the grinder stores the cord neatly and out of sight when it's not in use.
Breville The Smart Grinder Pro Coffee Grinder
Do you want to have a lot of options available to you when you are grinding your coffee beans? Then, you can consider this Breville Smart Grinder Pro. It offers you quite a number of features and a good control over your coffee bean grind.
In fact, you get to choose from sixty different grind settings- isn’t that huge? You may think that the sixty different grind settings may be a bit difficult to handle. Actually, it’s not. All you have to do is use the user-friendly LCD display to choose your settings for the type of grind you want.
You can also use the Precision Digital Time feature of this grinder to set the time for each of the grinds. It allows you to set the time in increments of 0.2 seconds. Do you see it? It offers you quite a lot of control!
The grinder has a build of stainless steel. Apparently, it has parts that do not always work very well. For example, the grinds container may get quite messy if you don’t use it. Parts of the machine may fail with time and the customer service is not very supportive about it. So, that’s a bummer.
The coffee bean grinder also focuses on reducing the heat it produces when working. So, the flavor of the coffee beans won’t be affected by the grind. The grinder has quite good quality. While it is capable of grinding to different sizes, you may not find grinds that are small enough for your purpose- but, that depends on what you want from the grinder.
You will find this grinder quite easy to clean and maintain because of the design of its various parts. The parts are easy to detach and clean.
It is an affordably priced Breville grinder with good features. Since you are looking for the best grinder for coffee beans, it’s definitely an option.
- It offers a good number of grind settings.
- Very user-friendly in nature because of its design and the LCD display.
- The coffee flavor remains intact with its heat-less way of working.
- It has a good capacity.
- You can even set the time for the grinds.
- Offers a lot of control over the grind.
- Easy to clean.
- Great value for the money.
- It grind size may not satisfy everyone.
- Parts may fail with time.
- Not the best customer service.
- Stainless steel conical burrs designed to minimize grinding heat and protect the essential oils in the coffee bean
- 60 precise grind settings from the finest Espresso to the coarsest French Press Grind. Voltage: 110 120 Volts. Power: 165 Watts
- Precision Electronic Timer allows users to adjust grind time in 0.2 second increments and consistent dose every time
- 18 ounce coffee bean capacity with locking system for easy removal, storage, and transfer of the bean hopper
- Grind directly into portafilter, grinds container, gold tone filter basket or paper filter
Baratza Virtuoso+ Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
You don’t want the coffee grinder to take a lot of space in the kitchen because there are so many other things to keep there. Therefore, you want a compactly size yet stylish coffee grinder. That is exactly what the Baratza Virtuoso conical burr grinder is.
But, that’s also not all it is. In fact, it does quite a good job at grinding coffee beans. Firstly, it is a burr grinder so you can expect consistency from this unit. In fact, you get the coffee beans ground to the exact size you need. This machine is quite accurate at that.
You get forty grind settings with this machine and you can grind the coffee beans for any kind of coffee beverage you are after. All you have to do is know the grind size you are after, the dose, and the time required for it.
The coffee grinder comes with a timer in it as well- it lets you set the time for the grind. It has a 40-second digital timer that you can adjust to 1/10th of a second. Furthermore, the grounds bin is backlit so that you can keep the dose of coffee accurate and consistent.
You may find setting this machine up for grinding a bit tough. The digital control system is not at all that friendly and you have to pass a learning curve to get your grind right.
What can win you over is the quality of the build, the finish, and the way this grinder looks. It has a metal top that will adorn your kitchen and of course it won’t take up much space.
The grinder is not exactly cheap but it offers great value. You also get a year warranty with this grinder. Overall, if you are up for putting in a bit of effort to understand how this grinder works, you will be alright after buying it.
- The grinder has an excellent quality of the build.
- It is compact in size and looks great in any kitchen.
- It offers a substantial number of grind settings.
- The grinder comes with a timer that the user can adjust.
- The quality of the grind is excellent.
- Great value for the price.
- It is a bit difficult to operate.
- SPECIALTY COFFEE ASSOCIATION AWARD WINNING GRINDERS - Baratza grinders are preferred by coffee professionals and backed by Baratza’s world class support.
- DIGITAL TIMER and BACKLIT GROUNDS BIN - a 40-second digital timer, adjustable to a tenth of a second, and an LED backlit grounds bin to dose ground coffee accurately and consistently.
- 40 GRIND SETTINGS - With enhanced commercial-grade conical burrs to help you explore an extensive range of brew methods (espresso, Aeropress, Hario V60, Chemex, French Press, and automatic brewers).
- STYLISH - A sculptured metal top and base give the Virtuoso+ a modern image that highlights your coffee corner.
- WARRANTY/QUALITY PARTS - Engineered with 40mm hardened alloy steel burrs manufactured in Liechtenstein, Europe, plus a powerful DC motor. This combination creates a consistent grind and durability ensuring the longevity users have come to expect from the Baratza brand. The Virtuoso+ is backed by Baratza’s world class support and a 1 year warranty.
KRUPS Silent Vortex Electric Grinder
Do you just want to grind your coffee beans for the purpose of grinding? If you don’t want a lot of control over the grind but only want to grind a large number of coffee beans at once then this Krups Cortex Electric Grinder should be among the grinders you consider. Apparently, you can use it to grind seeds and spices too but we recommend using it for one purpose. Or else, you may get a horrible taste when the flavor of spices gets into the coffee beans.
The Krups grinder has a very simple design with a Vortex Spin Technology. This feature pulls the beans into the grinding chamber. This grinder is a blade grinder so you can expect the result to be quite inconsistent. So, this grinder is not for those who are very serious about the taste and flavor of their coffee.
Apart from that, this grinder is very easy to use. In fact, it requires only one touch to get started. You can do both continuous and pulse grinding with this unit.
Other than that, this grinder can grind beans for 12 cups of coffee in 15 seconds– talk about capacity! What you may not like about this grinder is the design when cleaning it. It is generally easy to clean. However, the design allows water to get into parts where there should be no water. So, the grinder is rarely dry.
One of the things that the grinder never fails to deliver is quiet operation. Despite its incredible capacity, it is very quiet in operation. Apart from that, it has quite a compact structure and you won’t find it hard to place in the kitchen.
It isn’t exactly beautiful but it has a good quality build. The price is quite reasonable as well.
- It has a large capacity for grinding.
- Extremely easy to use this grinder.
- It has a super-quiet operation.
- Very powerful.
- Compact build.
- It has a feature that automatically pulls the beans into the grinding chamber.
- The blade grinder does not provide a lot of consistency.
- It can be hard to clean because of its design.
- POWERFUL, EFFICIENT AND SUPER SILENT: Grinds coffee beans for 12 cups in 15 seconds for drip coffee with minimum grinding noise.
- INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY: Patent Pending Vortex Spin Technology pulls ingredients into the blades for fast and efficient grinding.
- VERSATILITY: 3-in-1 Grinder for coffee, spices, and dry herbs. Effortlessly grinds whole coffee beans, hard spices like whole peppercorns, and dry herbs for flavorful meals.
- LARGE CAPACITY AND DISHWASHER SAFE: The removable dishwasher-safe stainless-steel grinding bowl. Holds ground coffee for up to 12 cups of drip coffee. Power: 200W
- MESS-FREE: The removable bowl comes with a dedicated storage lid that seals the grinding bowl to perfectly store your freshly ground coffee, dry herbs, or spices. Dishwasher safe.
Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
Want to just set the grinder to the settings you want and wait for it to finish the job without having to do anything else? You have it! The Cuisinart DBM-8 is such a coffee bean grinder that provides you with options that are very easy to use But, you have to know what you want to use it right.
This grinder actually has quite a good capacity for grinding. It can grind coffee for 32 cups of coffee! Isn’t that something? Furthermore, you can select your choice very easily.
Firstly, it has a 4-18 cup slide dial so you can get the dosage as per your need. Secondly, it lets you choose from 18 grind selections. You just have to position it right to get the grind that you need.
It uses a burr grinder to do its job so you can expect the grind to be of good quality and also consistent. However, at times you may find that the grinder is not providing you with accurate grinds. Most of the time- it does provide you with just what you want.
It has a good capacity and as you already know, it is very simple to use. But, it can get quite loud when working. It has a tendency to let everyone know that it is at work. Apart from that, while cleaning is normally easy because of the removable grind chamber, it can get difficult.
Cleaning the unit becomes difficult when the coffee beans clog the machine. So, you have to try to prevent it from clogging or use a coffee bean that does not clog it up.
It offers good value for the money and it has the Cuisinart quality. Cuisinart s well-reputed for its products.
The grinder has a stainless steel build and it also has a cord storage. Therefore, it will look great in any kitchen. Other than that it comes with a cleaning brush. Lastly, it automatically shuts off when the cycle is done so it will also give you peace of mind.
- It has a good capacity for holding coffee beans.
- The grinder does a good job most of the time.
- It is quite simple to understand.
- Very easy to set grind settings.
- Good quality build with a design that looks great.
- Good value for the money.
- Automatic shut off feature.
- It can be quite loud.
- It can get clogged.
- ENJOY OPTIMUM FLAVOR: Burr grinding provides a uniform grind to your fresh coffee beans with its 18-position grind selector – move the slide-dial from ultra-fine to extra-coarse to ensure your coffee grounds are exactly the way you prefer
- REMOVABLE FEATURES: Our 8 oz. bean hopper is fully removable as well as our built-in grind chamber for ease-of-use and accessibility during the cleaning process
- GRIND CHAMBER: Our removable grind chamber holds enough ground coffee for 32-cups, you won’t have to worry about grinding beans multiple times to brew coffee for the entire household
- ONE-TOUCH GRIND: The one-touch power bar is separate from the unit and complemented by an electric timer that automatically shuts off the unit when your grind cycle is complete
- CONVENIENT DESIGN: Our heavy-duty unit motor doesn’t take away space for additional design features; enjoy the convenience of cord storage and an additional scoop/cleaning brush to declutter, clean and maximize counter space
JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder
Do you want to take full control over the grind of your coffee beans? Then, the electric coffee grinders just won’t do for you, will they? You can consider this JavaPresse manual coffee grinder for your purpose.
Apparently, it is as compact as any coffee grinder can get (in comparison to the electric ones). The grinder is a beautiful, traditional thing to look at.
The best part about this manual grinder is that despite being manual, it offers you multiple grind settings. In fact, you have to select from the 18 click settings for grinding this grinder offers you with.
It features a conical burr grinder which is quite a good way to grind. But, the quality of the grind actually depends on you since you have to manually do it. The problem you may face with this unit is that it takes time to grind. You will have to grind for quite a while to get the right size of coffee for your drink.
The grinder is very easy to clean despite its design. Furthermore, the material building the grinder is great too. It features ceramic burrs so you can totally expect it to last for a while without causing any kind of problem.
The best thing about manual grinders is that you don’t have to worry about anything failing. It does not even require power, electricity or batteries to operate. All it needs is the mechanical energy from your hands. Furthermore, all its parts fit perfectly inside it- it is very well-made.
This grinder is affordable and if you love the process of grinding coffee, the smell that comes out, and you have time to grind it- this is the one you can consider.
- It provides you full control over the grind.
- It allows you to set it at one grind setting from the eighteen it offers.
- Very easy to use.
- Easy to clean.
- Needs no power.
- The quality of the build is really great-meant to last.
- Looks great and compact.
- It takes some time to grind.
- The grind may not be consistent.
- ENJOY THE PERFECT CUP OF FRESH COFFEE ― The Manual Coffee Grinder by JavaPresse Coffee Company has a built-in adjustable ceramic burr with over 18 manual grind settings to ensure you have 100% precision & control over the coarseness of your grind. This hand coffee grinder is great for all brewing methods to enjoy the perfect cup of fresh coffee and espresso in the morning.
- CONVENIENT, PORTABLE AND EASY-TO-USE ESPRESSO GRINDER ― The hand crank coffee grinder mechanism eliminates over 90% of the noise that electric coffee bean grinders produce. Unlike electric burr grinders for coffee beans, the patented JavaPresse dual plated manual ceramic burr coffee grinder assembly requires no batteries, power or long plastic cords to operate. This allows you to enjoy fresh ground coffee beans at home or on the go as the best camping coffee grinder.
- THE BEST WAY TO START YOUR DAY ― This manual coffee grinder is equipped with a professional grade ceramic conical burr for an incredibly consistent coffee grind that heightens flavors of the most exquisite beans in the world. Smell the fresh aroma of fresh ground coffee as you brew them on your espresso machine, AeroPress, French Press or pour over coffee maker!
- TREAT YOURSELF TO THE HIGHEST QUALITY MANUAL COFFEE GRINDER THAT IS BUILT TO LAST ― Crafted with the same essence as traditional Japanese cookware, our patented ceramic handheld coffee grinder burr is tested through three quality inspections to last 5 times longer than comparable stainless steel coffee burrs. Combined with an impeccable frame and convenient size, this is the pinnacle travel coffee grinder that is a great gift for yourself or a friend.
- ENHANCE YOUR MORNING WHILE MAKING AN IMPACT AROUND THE WORLD ― Your deliciously crafted cup of coffee from our manual coffee grinder is helping empower coffee farmers to chase a brighter future. A portion of our profits go towards positively impacting our partner’s coffee supply chain and their local communities. Our mission hinges on one fundamental idea: when we care, happiness flows and everyone wins. Including you with this hand coffee bean grinder by JavaPresse.
VEVOK CHEF Manual Coffee Grinder
VEVOK CHEF conical burr grinder is a pretty solid pick if you are looking for a quicker, quieter, and portable coffee grinder. Its stainless steel burr grinder is more effective than some of the ceramic burr grinders as it can grind your coffee within 50 seconds.
Besides, its precise grind size adjustment makes it an excellent item whether you want to make espresso, pour over, french press coffee, or even cold brew. Make sure to adjust the right settings in order to get your desired grind size.
The manufacturer recommends selecting 1-2 levels for espresso grind, 2-3 for Moka Pot, 3-4 for Pour Over, 4-5 for french press, and 5-6 for cold brew coffee. Let’s talk about the portability of this machine.
The heights and widths of this grinder are respectively 7.5 inches and 2.04 inches which makes it pretty convenient to carry while traveling, camping, backpacking, or other outdoor activities. It’s quieter compared to a fancy electric coffee grinder as well. Because of its compact size and top-notch functionality, it could be a great giftable item for sure.
- ☕CONICAL STAINLESS STEEL HEAVY DUTY BURR GRINDER-This manual coffee grinder is made of durable and precise stainless steel burr which have built in five-axis CNC numerically controlled sharp blunt grinding core. It is more effective than ceramic core burr grinder, about 45 SECONDS for one time grind. The coffee mill HOPPER can fill approx.15- 20 GRAMS COFFEE BEANS which can make 1-2 CUPS for one time grinder for coffee.
- ☕SIX GRADES ADJUSTABLE COARSENESS SETTING-This metal coffee burr grinder comes with 6 precise settings levels so that you can set a specific grind from coarse to fine. For example, here are some right grind size:1-2 grade for Espresso machine,2-3 grade for Moka pot;3-4 grade for pour over and chemex;4-5 grade for French press;5-6 grade for Cold brew coffee.
- ☕ PORTABLE COFFEE GRINDER,MINI AND EASY-CARRY FOR TRAVEL-Our portable manual coffee bean mill is 7.5 inch in height,2.04 inch in width,0.99 lb in weight .You can easy to remove the hand coffee grinder's hand crank to add coffee bean into the hopper. Put he manual grinder in your bag for travel, hiking, outdoors trip ,backpacking.
- ☕ENJOY MAKING COFFEE,QUITE HAND COFFEE MILL BURR-Hand handle operation coffee grinder mill is quieter than electric coffee grinder. Enjoy your coffee making process without bothering others.Enjoy the coffee bean to brew with the smooth effective grind.
- ☕ COFFEE LOVER GIFT-Our innovative design, stainless steel burr and exquisite wrapped pack, all parts of the coffee grinder make it expensive and elegant. 100% satisfaction guarantee for 365 days. Please note: coffee bean not include.
Manual vs Electric Coffee Grinder : Which one is better?
If we get started on the benefits and importance of coffee in daily life, we won’t be able to limit the poetic things that come to mind. Coffee just makes any situation better, doesn’t it? If you feel sleepy and lazy, a cup of coffee is the best companion for you to get started. It just energizes you from the inside.
Furthermore, the process of making coffee can be quite an aesthetic addition to your day. You can take some time in the morning every day to do something successfully- make a nice cup of coffee. The aroma and taste of the coffee will lift up your mood and help you have a great day.
The Buying Guide
There are a few things you need to know about and consider when buying a coffee grinder. Let’s get to know these things.
The Type you need
This is not as hard as you think. You only have to choose from two options. As long as you know what you want and what you can afford, you will get your hands o just the right kind of grinder for you.
The name makes it no secret that this type of grinders uses blades to cut the coffee into finer size. Apparently, you know how blades work and it’s not quite consistent in the size it cuts the coffee beans into. If you know the coffee world well, you know that the consistency of the coffee beans actually play a huge role in keeping the fresh flavor of the coffee. While these grinders are affordable, they are more suitable for spices than coffee.
In this kind of grinder, the coffee beans are smashed to the finer size. This gives the coffee beans a more consistent size and thus better flavor. You get two options to choose from in this case- conical burr grinders and Flat Burr grinder.
Flat burr grinders are more expensive but provide a more consistent size of coffee beans. On the other hand, conical burr grinders are more affordable but less consistent.
Ultimately, the choice depends on what you want and can afford.
Stepless or Stepped
Stepped grinders have a few sets of settings that you can choose from. On the other hand, stepless grinders do not have any such setting you have to choose from. Stepless grinders are more expensive and better of the two. Because they provide you with more freedom and control.
If you know that you won’t always be making the same amount of coffee then you should consider the dosing options in the grinder. It should allow you to grind just the amount of coffee you need. Apart from that, there are a set amount of coffee beans for single and double shots.
So, you want the grinder to be versatile when it comes to dosing. On the other hand, if you do not like the fact that your fresh coffee beans will be sitting in the machine for a while then you can choose a machine with no integrated scale for dosing. In this case, you should have the freedom to put in as much coffee as you need to. This will require effort on your part but will provide you with more flavor and taste.
The Ease of Adjustment
You know it by now that you want the grinder to be adjustable. It should be able to serve your needs. However, a grinder that is adjustable is not all that you need, you also want it to be easy to adjust. What’s the point, if you have to spend minutes figuring out which button to click and when to click it.
A grinder with an LCD or LED display will help you a lot. Apart from that, dials and button work to but hey should all be very straight-forward.
The size of the Grinder
You have to consider the size of the grinder mainly for the purpose of easily keeping it. Nobody wants a grinder that takes half the space in the kitchen. Furthermore, your grinder should fit under your cupboards.
Therefore, you have to check how much space you have in your house for the grinder first. Then, you can choose a grinder that fits in your house. You really do not want a grinder that makes your place look weird. Then, you will regret buying it every time you use it.
The Heat it generates
You know how there are different types of coffee beverages based on how much the coffee beans are roasted? So, heat roasts coffee beans. You do not want your grinder roasting the coffee beans more.
The grinder should work and remain cool. It should not heat up when working because this heat will be passed onto your coffee beans. As a result, the coffee beans will be more roasted than you want it to be. This will lead to a not-so-great tasting coffee. So, look for brands that make coffee grinders that remain cool with vents.
Speed of the Grinder
Apparently, the speed at which the coffee bean grinder grinds the beans is not at all important. In contrast, the faster the coffee grinder works, the faster it will reach the end of its life. Because after all, more speed means greater friction.
So, if a model of coffee grinder is putting emphasis on the speed of the unit, it’s emphasizing the wrong thing. It is best to stay away from such coffee grinders.
Ease of Cleaning
Coffee grinding will have small coffee beans in it and a lot of smashing or cutting. So, you can expect mess but you can expect the least mess from grinders that are designed to aid you through the cleaning process. In fact, their motion and way of working will create the least mess.
Furthermore, parts will be easy to detach and clean. In other words, you should look for coffee grinders that are easy to clean. It can be mentioned in the description through the features or you can check the reviews to find out if it’s actually easy to clean or not.
You will mainly find that coffee grinders are made from two materials- stainless steel or ceramic. Ceramic is more traditional of the two and more long-lasting. However, if a small hard particles get inside the ceramic grinder, you may have a hard time operating it and getting the particle out. Ceramic grinders are more resistant to weather conditions. The best grinder for coffee beans will definitely be durable.
On the other hand, stainless steel is not as durable as ceramic. But, it is much easier to replace and is cheaper too. So, the choice is yours.
For that authentic, unbeatable flavor you need the best grinder for coffee beans. After all, the process of making proper coffee includes the grinding part. But choosing the right grinder for you is quite a difficult task.
The first thing you have to do is determine what kinds of coffee will you be having. Based on that choose grinders that can help you grind the coffee beans to that needed size.
Other than that, since grinders are mainly for convenience, make sure the unit is convenient for you.
Enjoy Your Coffee!