Nothing helps you get the day started than a shot or two of espresso. Aside from boosting our energy levels, espresso is also filled with antioxidants that help fight free radicals. It also plays a part in improving our digestion, so there’s a lot of benefits that we can derive from this drink.
Espresso also makes a great base for a variety of coffee-based drinks, so true aficionados are eager to purchase their espresso machine. But what usually holds them back is the misconception that espresso machines are expensive.
Fortunately, not all espresso machines come with expensive price tags – especially if they’re designed for home use. If you know where to look, you can easily snag a great value-for-money machine.
In this article, we’ll give you an overview of the best affordable espresso machine for every budget. We’ve divided them conveniently according to different price ranges to help you easily set your budget.
Best Affordable Espresso Machine : Products Reviews
For your convenience, we have categorized reviews of affordable espresso machines into four parts.
- Best Espresso Machine Under $500
- Best Espresso Machine Under $300
- Best Espresso Machine Under $200
- Best Espresso Machine Under $100
You can get what you like.
Best Espresso Machines Under 500
For this price range, you can already buy heavy-duty espresso machines that you can use for your home and your business. Check out our top picks for the best espresso machines below $500.
Gaggia RI9380/46 Classic Pro
The Gaggia RI9380/46 Classic Pro Espresso Maker is an eye-catching machine, thanks to its stainless steel housing that’s guaranteed to be long-lasting and rugged.
This heavy-duty espresso machine allows you to create a wide variety of coffee-based drinks. Aside from brewing delicious espresso, the Gaggia Classic Pro comes with a commercial steam wand that can steam and froth milk to your desired texture. This is perfect for making milk and coffee drinks, and especially so for creating latte art.
The Gaggia RI9380/46 Classic Pro Espresso Maker also comes with a chrome-plated brass portafilter that’s similar to those of commercial espresso machines. This assures you of the quality and durability of this element.
Another heavy-duty component on this espresso machine is its 3-way solenoid valve. This commercial-grade valve helps relieve the pressure off of the coffee to keep them dry. This makes it easy to discard, so cleaning up after won’t be such a headache.
Despite being a commercial-grade espresso machine, the Gaggia RI9380 is incredibly easy to operate. It has a friendly interface with simple buttons, so you won’t have to guess each function. The buttons also light up to indicate when it’s ready for use – and this makes it more convenient.
We also love that it has a fast-heating system that gets your boiler ready in five minutes, while the steam is ready in just 30 seconds. This makes it an efficient machine for your coffee shop.
The updated design on the frame of the Gaggia RI9380/46 Classic Pro Espresso Machine not only guarantees its sturdiness but also allows for easier installation and access to your water reservoir.
Overall, the Gaggia RI9380/46 Classic Pro Espresso Machine is a great entry-level commercial-grade coffee maker. Its versatility allows you to create almost every coffee-based drink imaginable, without compromising on taste and quality.
- Rugged Brushed Stainless Steel housing
- Commercial three-way solenoid valve. Capacity water tank - 2,1 liter
- Commercial-style 58mm chrome-plated brass portability and brew group
- Commercial steam wand. Rotating steam want movement type
- Easy-to-use rocker switch controls
Breville BES810BSSUSC Duo Temp Pro
Another barista favorite is the Breville BES810BSSUSC Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine.
This espresso machine boasts a 15-bar pump that boasts brewing rich and flavorful espresso. The machine starts at a low pressure to evenly extract coffee from the beans which then gradually increases to give you that rich and full flavor. This is why it boasts giving you cafe-quality coffee from your home.
The Breville BES810BSSUSC Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine already comes with a steam wand, so you can steam and froth milk to your liking. This 1600-watt element is also capable of making micro-foam, which is known to enhance the flavor while versatile enough to create intricate latte art.
You don’t have to worry about getting this machine to the right temperature. The Breville Duo Temp Pro has a built-in auto-purge system that effectively releases the heat to make sure that you brew at the ideal heat at all times. This also prevents it from overheating and breaking down.
Aside from the auto-purge system, this espresso machine also comes with a digital temperature control technology. This feature helps maintain the right water temperature to guarantee a smooth extraction process while also making sure that the optimum flavor remains.
We also love that the Breville BES810BSSUSC Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine has a boxy shape that makes it easy to clean. It also boasts maintenance indicators that tell you when it’s time to make the necessary repairs. This keeps you from forgetting when you have to take your machine for regular maintenance.
Overall, the Breville BES810BSSUSC Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine is your best bet if you’re looking for a high-quality espresso machine that’s low-maintenance and specially designed for home use.
- The Breville Duo Temp Pro lets you create third wave specialty coffee at home; This espresso machine ensures balanced flavors from even extraction using low pressure pre-fusion, managing sweetness, acidity and bitterness for the perfect cup every time
- PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Low pressure pre-infusion helps ensure all the flavors are drawn out evenly during the extraction for a balanced tasting cup
- WATER TEMPERATURE: The 1600W Thermocoil–Integrated stainless steel water path accurately controls water temperature
- MANUAL MICROFOAM MILK TEXTURING: A high power 1600W element delivers sufficient steam to create microfoam that enhances flavor and enables you to produce latte art at home
- AUTO PURGE: The Duo-Temp Pro Espresso Machine automatically purges the heat system after steaming, ensuring your next espresso is extracted at the right temperature
Breville-Nespresso USA BEC680SIL1BUC1 CitiZ and Milk
The most affordable option from this price point is another entry from Nespresso – the Breville-Nespresso USA BEC680SIL1BUC1 CitiZ and Milk Espresso Machine. Even with an affordable price tag, this espresso machine did not compromise on quality and features.
This espresso machine boasts a 19-bar pump that allows it to effectively extract the coffee from the beans for that perfect and flavorful brew. This feature is paired with a fast heat-up system that reaches the ideal brewing temperature within 25 seconds. This makes it perfect for the busy person who’s always on the go.
The Citiz and Milk Espresso Machine come with two pre-programmed recipes for espresso and lungo. But what caught our interest was that you can make adjustments to customize the volume for each brew. The cup tray is also foldable, so using a large cup or mug won’t be a problem.
Another feature we love about this machine is that it has an automatic energy-saving function. This feature turns the machine off after 9 minutes of inactivity to save up on energy consumption while also serving as a safety feature.
We also love that the Breville-Nespresso CitiZ and Milk Espresso Machine comes in a compact size. This makes it perfect for small kitchens, offices, or dorm rooms.
And finally, the Breville-Nespresso USA BEC680SIL1BUC1 CitiZ and Milk Espresso Machine is low maintenance and easy to clean. Each element can be removed to make cleaning easier, so you don’t have to spend a lot of time on post-brewing clean-up.
Overall, this espresso machine is a great choice for people who are always busy, since you only need to mount the Nespresso capsules, press a button, and you’re good to go. Cleaning isn’t a problem, either – so you have more time to focus on your work or studies.
- DESIGN: CitiZ's new look continues to please both Nespresso coffee and espresso drinkers and design lovers, adding a touch of elegance to coffee rituals.
- SMART POWER: Nespresso's unique 19 bar extraction system along with an automatic standby mode to reduce energy consumption.
- VERSATILITY: The folding cup tray accommodates taller single serve coffee or espresso cups. Brew different single serve coffee cup sizes at the touch of a button depending on your coffee needs - Espresso (1.35 oz) or Lungo (5 oz). Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee and iced latte drinks. Removable Nespresso capsule container, drip tray and water tank (34 oz.) for quick and simple cleaning.
- BUNDLE: The Aeroccino 3 milk frother is included to create the perfect finish to your single serve coffee beverages such as cappuccino or latte.
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Includes a complimentary starter set of Nespresso capsules (capsule assortment may vary from picture)
Nespresso by De’Longhi Lattissima Plus
This cool machine is just top of 500 boundary, but a look won’t harm!
For the person who’s always on the go, you would love the Nespresso by De’Longhi Lattissima Plus Original Espresso Machine. This compact futuristic machine is one of the easiest to use, with a simple touch interface that won’t leave you guessing each function.
Nespresso is also known for its Nespresso capsules that work perfectly with this machine. All you have to do is mount the capsule into the machine and you’re good to go. No more need for time-consuming measurements and tampering. Also, each recyclable capsule is easy to discard – and that saves you a lot on clean-up time.
We also love that the Nespresso by De’Longhi Lattissima Plus heats up really fast. The machine reaches the ideal temperature for making espressos within 30 to 40 seconds, so you can enjoy your fresh cup of espresso as soon as possible.
On one side of the machine is the milk container with an attached wand, so you can steam and froth the milk to your desired texture. And to make it even more convenient, the Latissima Plus has four pre-programmed recipes: espresso, cappuccino, lungo, and latte macchiato. Just press the button and let it prepare your favorite coffee drink.
You don’t have to worry about its energy consumption, either. The Nespresso by De’Longhi Lattissima Plus Original Espresso Machine has a built-in power saving program that turns it off after at least 9 minutes of inactivity. Aside from helping you save up on energy consumption, it also gives you peace of mind in case you’re in a hurry and forgot to turn it off by yourself.
To guarantee the perfect brew every time, the Lattissima Plus maintains the perfect temperature, so even if you have to make several cups, you don’t have to worry about an overheating machine. It also boasts a 19-bar pump that guarantees the most flavorful brew every time.
- Removable dip tray is present
- Included Components: Espresso Machine
Best Espresso Machines Under 300
If you’re not willing to spend anything over $300 for a cup of premium espresso, then there’s no need to worry. We also reviewed the best budget espresso machines under $300 for your reference.
EspressoWorks All-In-One Espresso Machine & Cappuccino Maker
The first on our list is the EspressoWorks All-In-One Espresso Machine & Cappuccino Maker. For what it offers, we’re quite surprised that it’s available for less than $300.
This impressive all-in-one espresso machine comes with everything you need to enjoy a nice cup of espresso. This includes a coffee bean grinder, a tamper with a measuring spoon, a frothing cup, and 2 cups, to name a few. These alone guarantees that you’ll get the best value for what you pay for.
The EspressoWorks All-In-One also comes with a built-in steam wand, so you can enjoy milk and coffee drinks such as cappuccino and lattes.
The premium filter that comes with this espresso machine comes with two baskets for single and double shots. This comes in handy during days when a single shot can’t seem to do the job.
Despite its value-for-money price, you’d be surprised that this espresso maker can also brew great-tasting coffee. Thanks to its 15-bar pump, the EspressoWorks All-In-One can extract and brew optimally.
Also, this espresso machine uses a Thermoblock heating system that helps reach the ideal temperature in 45 seconds. This is not bad for an espresso machine since you don’t have to wait for a long time to enjoy your coffee.
And finally, we love the minimalist interface of the EspressoWorks All-In-One. This makes it really easy to operate, so you don’t have to worry about getting it running. It also has convenient LED indicators that signify when it’s turned on and ready for steaming milk and brewing espresso.
Overall, the EspressoWorks All-In-One is a great espresso machine that offers the best value for the money. The fact that it’s easy to clean is a bonus.
- ✅ Includes: 15 Bar Pump Espresso & Cappuccino Maker, Electric Coffee Bean Grinder, Stainless Steel Portafilter with Single and Double Shot Filter Baskets, Milk frothing pitcher, Scoop/Tamper, 2 Ceramic Espresso Cups
- ✅ ESPRESSO MACHINE and LATTE MAKER 15 BAR PUMP PRESSURE SYSTEM- Enjoy great tasting Italian Espresso, Americano and Macchiato!
- ✅ SINGLE ESPRESSO SHOT OR DOUBLE ESPRESSO SHOT- Two stainless steel portafilter baskets included for the option of pulling a single shot or a double shot during each extraction. Compatible with ESE Pods.
- ✅ EASY VIEW REMOVABLE WATER TANK- Conveniently monitor water levels of front view transparent tank (1.25L capacity). Handle included on tank for easy removal for cleaning and refilling.
- ✅ OVER 10,000 UNITS SOLD with an Outstanding Customer service team! Available 24/7 to provide personal assistance at any time!
Calphalon BVCLECMP1 Temp iQ
Another barista favorite is the Calphalon BVCLECMP1 Temp iQ Espresso Machine.
This beautiful espresso machine has a 15-bar pump that guarantees a flavorful extraction. This is paired with an enlarged portafilter that helps evenly wet the coffee grounds to maximize the flavor. Thus, you don’t have to worry about a watery or weak espresso shot with this machine.
The Calphalon BVCLECMP1 Temp iQ uses Thermoblock heating technology coupled with PID temperature control to ensure easy heating while maintaining the temperature to prevent overheating the beans for the best flavor.
We also love that it has a 2-liter capacity, so you don’t have to make frequent refills. And even if you have to make a refill, the hinged lid makes it easy to access for your convenience.
While we’re on the subject of convenience, you’d be pleased to know that this has a classic dial that’s easy to operate. It also has convenient indicators that tell you when it’s ready to brew or steam so you’re not left with guessing or making estimates.
Another impressive feature of the Calphalon BVCLECMP1 Temp iQ Espresso Machine is its cup-warming tray. We all know that espresso tastes best in pre-heated cups, so the Temp iQ’s heating tray does the job for you.
It also comes with a steam wand, and this allows you to create virtually any coffee-based drink you want.
Without a doubt, the Calphalon BVCLECMP1 Temp iQ is a complete coffee machine that produces delicious and creamy cafe-quality single or double shot espresso without breaking the bank.
- 15-Bar Italian pump delivers the right amount of pressure for maximum flavor extraction and produces a beautiful layer of crema for your Espresso
- Dial interface for selecting steam, hot water, and pre-programmed single and double shots
- 58mm café-sized porta filter holds more grounds and ensures even water dispersion and extraction for robust flavor
- Thermoblock heating technology and PID temperature control delivers even heat for consistently great-tasting Espresso, and pre-infusion gently blooms The espresso grounds for optimally extracted Espresso
- Removable 2.0L water reservoir with hinged lid for easy filling
Nespresso by De’Longhi EN167B Original
The Nespresso by De’Longhi EN167B Original Espresso Machine is one of the most popular machines from Nespresso, and for a good reason.
First off, it has a beautiful classic design that makes it an eye-catching piece for your kitchen. It also has compact dimensions that make it portable and easy to store. This also helps save up on counter space, making it perfect for small kitchens or dorm rooms.
The Nespresso by De’Longhi EN167B uses an impressive 19-bar pump system to make perfect extractions without compromising the flavor. This is paired with its fast heat-up system that gets the machine ready in 25 seconds.
Since this espresso maker uses the convenient Nespresso capsules, you don’t have to spend a lot of time measuring and tampering the beans. Just mount the capsule, press the button, and wait for your delicious cup. This capsule system also makes discarding and cleaning-up hassle-free.
To give you peace of mind, the Nespresso by De’Longhi EN167B Original Espresso Machine has an energy-saving feature that automatically turns the machine off after a period of inactivity. You can customize this anytime between 9 and 30 minutes. This assures you that even if you’re in a hurry, your coffee maker will turn itself off after the lapse of time.
We also love that it has an adjustable cup tray that allows you to fit cups for 1.35-ounce espresso shots to 5-ounce lungo. It also comes with two pre-programmed recipes for your convenience.
And did we mention that it’s incredibly easy to operate? Whether you’re a techie yuppie or someone new to technology, you won’t have a problem operating the Nespresso by De’Longhi EN167B Original Espresso Machine.
- High performance: The 19 bar pump system offers barista-style single-serve coffee or Espresso every time, perfectly extracting the delicate flavor of each Espresso Original Coffee capsule.
- Speed and Energy saving: the fast heat-up system reaches the ideal temperature in just 25 seconds. The automatic Energy saving function Switches the machine off after 9 minutes of inactivity and can be extended from 9 to 30 minutes.
- Versatility: Adjustable cup size with two programmable Espresso (1. 35 oz. ) and Lungo (5 oz. ) buttons, making CitiZ a great coffee maker for all your single-serve coffee needs. Removable Espresso capsule container, drip tray and water tank (34 oz. ) for quick and simple cleaning. Pour over ice to create your favorite Iced Coffee drinks.
- Design: citiz's look continues to Please both Espresso drinkers and design lovers, adding a touch of elegance to coffee rituals.
- Complimentary gift: Each machine includes a Espresso Original capsule welcome kit with a range of capsules with unique aroma profile.
Delonghi EC680M Dedica 15-Bar
Completing the budget espresso maker list from this price range is the compact yet reliable Delonghi EC680M Dedica 15-Bar Pump Espresso Machine.
This machine uses a professional-quality 15-bar pump system to guarantee a flavorful coffee extraction. This allows you to enjoy premium espresso from your kitchen.
With its adjustable drip tray, you can opt to use small espresso cups or large cappuccino cups with ease. It also has an option for brewing double shots in case you need a larger dose.
For its price, we were also impressed that the Delonghi EC680M Dedica comes with a manual steam wand. This gives you unlimited frothing customization to your liking – so you can also create the perfect lattes and cappuccinos for your enjoyment.
The Delonghi Dedica is also very easy to use. It has simple buttons that are easy to follow, with simple instructions that tell you if your portafilter is securely in place. This guarantees that virtually anyone can use this machine with ease.
We also love that it is built with a stainless steel body that’s both durable and easy to clean. In fact, the Delonghi EC680M Dedica boasts being one of the easiest coffee machines to clean.
This espresso machine also has a minimal and compact design. This allows it to sit comfortably even in the smallest of kitchens. This also makes for easy storage, so having this in your office wouldn’t take up a lot of space.
- EVERY CUP TO YOUR LIKING: 15-bar professional pressure assures quality results every time, and adjustable controls allow you to make modifications for your personal taste preferences. NOTE: Kindly descale the unit so that it is clean and can function properly.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Removable water tank and drip tray make for easy cleanup, and the parts are dishwasher safe.
- BREW LIKE A PRO: Whatever your preference – single or double espresso, cappuccino or latte – the machine brews authentic barista-quality beverages just like you enjoy at your favorite coffeehouse.
- YOUR FOAM, YOUR WAY: A manual frother mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them.
- EASY TO USE: The machine does most of the work for you. The Automatic Flow Stop feature dispenses just the right amount of espresso while maintaining the ideal brewing temperature.
Best Espresso Machines Under 200
If you’re looking for great entry-level espresso machines without going over $200, then here are our guaranteed picks for best cheap espresso machine under $200. We made sure that each of these machines will give you premium espresso shots that you will surely enjoy.
Nespresso by De’Longhi EN85BAE Nespresso Essenza Mini
First on our list is another entry from Nespresso – the Nespresso by De’Longhi EN85BAE Nespresso Essenza Mini Espresso Machine.
This mini espresso machine unbelievably comes with a 19-bar pump pressure system that optimizes the extraction process. This works hand-in-hand with the machine’s fast heat-up system that gets it ready in 30 seconds. Thus, even with its petite size, the Nespresso Essenza Mini does not compromise on quality.
Like all Nespresso machines, the Essenza Mini also comes with an energy-saving feature. This automatically turns the machine off after 9 minutes of inactivity – a safety feature that’s most welcome for busy and forgetful individuals.
What impressed us most about the Nespresso by De’Longhi EN85BAE is its versatility. Despite its compact size, it is capable of brewing 1.35-ounce espresso shots or 5-ounce lungo. This means that it functions at par with larger single-shot espresso machines.
The Essenza Mini boasts being the smallest espresso machine from Nespresso. And for this reason, it’s perfect for your dorm room or office space since it doesn’t take up a lot of space. Its sleek design also makes it a great piece for almost any kitchen.
And for your convenience, the Nespresso by De’Longhi EN85BAE Nespresso Essenza Mini Espresso Machine is one of the easiest machines to clean.
- 2 programmable buttons for Espresso and Lungo
- Low energy consumption after 3 minutes
- Heat-up time in under 30 seconds
- 20.3 ounce water tank capacity
Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
Another contender for the best cheap espresso machine under $200 is the Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Maker.
This semi automatic machine uses a 15-bar pump to help exert pressure during the extraction process. This guarantees cups of coffee that taste amazing – even with minimal effort on your part.
If there’s something we love most about the Mr. Coffee cafe barista espresso maker is that they are designed with the user’s convenience in mind. For starters, it has a simple one-touch panel that makes it easy to operate. Buttons are properly labeled, so you don’t have to guess each function.
It also comes with an automatic milk frothing function so you’re not left with making any guesswork. All you have to do is fill the milk reservoir, and wait for the machine to pour it onto your cup. The amount of milk poured depends on whether you select the cappuccino or latte button.
The water reservoir is also removable, so filling it up won’t be troublesome. This also means that cleaning up is a breeze, and this leaves you with more time to enjoy your coffee or get busy.
Overall, the this cappuccino machine is an impressive entry-level coffee maker for those who love premium espresso, latte, or cappuccino on a budget. Because of its user-friendly design, we believe that this is one of the best cheap espresso machines for beginners.
- Semi automatic 3 in 1 espresso maker, cappuccino maker, and latte maker
- 15 Bar Pump System Brews Rich Tasting Espresso Coffee
- Trouble Free Automatic Milk Frother Removes the Guesswork. Do not wash the water reservoir in the dishwasher
- One touch control panel for drink selections
- Easy fill, removable water and milk reservoirs
Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma
This cool machine is just top of 200 boundary, but a quick look won’t harm!
Another beautifully-designed yet budget espresso maker is the Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker. And coming from a reputable brand like Breville, we expected a lot from this machine – and we’re glad to say that it delivered.
Boasting a 15-bar pump, the Breville Cafe Roma delivers the rich and tasty espresso shots that the brand is known for. This feature is paired with a Thermoblock heating system that helps bring out the flavor while also maintaining the ideal temperature for extracting coffee.
The dual-wall filter system also helps produce that velvety crema that improves the overall texture of each shot. The cup warming plate, on the other hand, helps with pre-heating the cup to help preserve the flavor of the espresso. All of these features add up to guarantee excellent flavor.
If you prefer making coffee-based drinks, you can easily do so from home with the Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker. Thanks to its steam wand, you can steam and froth milk to your desired texture before pouring it onto your cup of espresso.
We also love that you can see the water levels on this espresso machine. You don’t have to make guesses or keep opening the tank just to see if it needs a refill.
Cleaning won’t be a problem, either. This espresso maker has a removable drip tray and grid for your convenience. Its boxy shape also makes it easy to clean.
While the Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker has an intimidating exterior, it is quite easy to use. It comes with a dial that helps you set it to steam, one-shot, or put it on standby mode. It also has convenient indicators that let you know if it’s turned on o heating.
- Stainless-steel espresso machine with 15-bar thermoblock pump
- Dual-wall filter system for excellent crema; froth enhancer, cup-warming plate
- Accesories: Stainless steel frothing pitcher Tamping tool/measuring spoon/cleaning tool
- Removable drip tray and grid; Frothing jug included
- Measures 9 x 9 x 12 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Klarstein Passionata Rossa 15 Espresso Machine
If you’re looking for a futuristic espresso machine that will complement your modern kitchen, then look no further than the Klarstein Passionata Rossa 15 Espresso Machine.
This espresso machine uses a 15-bar pump to give you that tasty shot of espresso. Considering its price, we’re quite impressed by this unit.
Another impressive feature is its built-in steam wand. This allows you to create drinks like a cappuccino, latte, or cortado with ease. The nozzle is also adjustable so you can steam and froth the milk to your liking.
The Klarstein Passionata Rossa 15 Espresso Machine has a removable tank that has a maximum capacity of 1.3-quarts. This is equivalent to 6 cups of espresso – big enough for the whole family to enjoy.
Its brushed stainless steel exterior not only allows it to blend into most modern kitchens, but it also makes it easy to clean.
Overall, we love the Klarstein Passionata Rossa 15 Espresso Machine for its hassle-free yet reliable design. It comes with all the features you need to begin brewing amazing espressos at home – and for its price, this is a purchase you won’t regret.
- It has an impressive 15-bar pump that helps produce rich and flavorful extractions.
- Its built-in steam wand is adjustable.
- It can brew up to 6 cups of espresso with one filling of the water tank.
- It is easy to use.
- It is easy to clean.
- Some filter components are made of plastic.
- LUXURY AT HOME: With its stylish design, the Klarstein Passionata Rossa 15 espresso machine looks great on your kitchen countertop and in your office. With a brushed stainless-steel finish and its colourful accents, this coffee machine looks great anywhere
- PRACTICAL: Cleaning after use is really simple and efficient, thanks to a removable stainless-steel mesh drip tray
- EASY FOAM: The steaming nozzle of these expresso coffee machines allows high powered milk foaming for a variety of drinks from cappuccino to cortado. Easy adjustment of the nozzle allows you to make milk according to your own preferences.
- VOLUME: The removable water tank holds a volume of 1.3 qt or 0.33 gallons. - enough water for 6 cups of coffee. Using the Passionata espresso maker keeps everyone happy and caffeinated without the hassle of refilling.
- SIMPLE: The espresso machine’s intuitive design will quickly have you making your perfect coffee.
Best Espresso Machines Under 100
Believe it or not, decent coffee makers are out there for less than $100. They may not offer 15 or 19 bars of pressure, but they can surely brew your beans to give you that tasty espresso you’re after.
Here, we list down our top picks for the best cheap espresso machines under $100.
De’Longhi EC155 15 Bar
The De’Longhi EC155 is another impressive espresso machine under $100.
This durable espresso machine uses a 15-bar pump to ensure high-quality brews for years. Coming from a known brand like De’longhi, this espresso machine can certainly outdo its competitors in terms of brewing quality.
Thanks to its swivel jet frother, you can also enjoy drinks such as latte and cappuccino. This is great for entertaining guests – or for simply enjoying these drinks when you grow tired of espresso shots.
The De’Longhi EC155 semi automatic machine uses a convenient dial that’s easy to operate. This makes it perfect for beginners since they’re not left with guessing what each function does. And considering its price, this is certainly a great first espresso machine for anyone.
And while we’re on the subject of being user-friendly, this espresso machine also boasts a self-priming operation. Thus, you don’t have to perform elaborate rituals just to get it running.
We must note, however, that it has a maximum cup height of 66 centimeters. While this is a decent-enough height, taller mugs won’t be able to fit under this machine.
For your convenience, the De’Longhi EC155 has a removable water tank with visible water levels. This eliminates the need for guessing the water levels when it needs refills. It is also easy to access, so removing and mounting it back isn’t a problem.
And finally, we love that the components of this machine are removable and dishwasher-safe. This assures you that you don’t need to spend a lot of time in cleaning up – just place them inside the dishwasher, and you’re done. That means more time to enjoy and focus on bigger tasks at hand.
- EVERY CUP TO YOUR LIKING: 15-bar professional pressure assures quality results every time, and adjustable controls allow you to make modifications for your personal taste preferences.
- BREW LIKE A PRO: Whatever your preference – single or double espresso, cappuccino or latte – the machine brews authentic barista-quality beverages just like you enjoy at your favorite coffeehouse.
- YOUR FOAM, YOUR WAY: A manual frother mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them.
- ONE ESPRESSO SHOT OR TWO. The three-in-one filter holder, included with the unit, has filters for one espresso shot, two shots, and one for an easy-serve espresso pod – whatever your preference.
- NO WAITING BETWEEN CUPS: The Advanced Cappuccino System maintains the optimal temperature so you can brew cup after cup instantly.
Gevi 15-Bar Espresso Machine
Completing this list is our top choice for the best affordable espresso machine for beginners – the Gevi 15-Bar Espresso Machine.
This 15-bar espresso machine is one of the most impressive items on this list. Thanks to its pump system, it is capable of producing the right amount of pressure needed to make delicious coffee. This means that you get to enjoy premium shots of espresso without shelling out a lot of money for a machine.
This semi-automatic espresso machine has a 2-in-1 feature that allows it to steam and froth milk at the same time. Its built-in steam wand not only helps with foaming up your milk but also helps with heating other beverages such as chocolate or tea.
We also love that you have full control over the professional-grade steam wand. You can make the necessary adjustments until you get the consistency you want for your foam.
The Gevi 15-Bar Espresso Machine also boasts a double temperature control that helps you adjust the temperature between the water and the milk foam. This helps you with maintaining the ideal temperature to maximize the flavors for your drink.
Monitoring the temperature is also made easy. This espresso machine has a built-in thermometer with the reading accurately displayed at its face. This allows you to make accurate extractions as soon as the machine reaches your preferred temperature.
The Gevi 15-Bar Espresso Machine isn’t just meant for small cups. Its movable cup holder allows you to mount larger and taller cups for those days when you want a latte or cappuccino.
We also love that it has a clear and detachable tank with clear indicators when it’s full. This makes refills hassle-free.
And finally, we love that the Gevi 15-Bar Espresso Machine is built with a stainless steel body that guarantees durability. It also has smooth and flat surfaces that are easy to clean, making it incredibly low maintenance.
- It has a 15-bar pump system.
- It has an impressive dual temperature control feature.
- It has a clear temperature display and a built-in thermometer.
- It comes with a professional-grade steam wand.
- The removable cup holder allows for larger cup sizes.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- As of the time of writing, there are no negative reviews of this item.
- ✔【15 BAR PRESSURE SYSTEM】15 Bar high-pressure Italian ODM pump with 1100W big power can provide fast and stable extraction，makes espresso more fragrant and rich in crema.
- ✔【ACTIVE TEMPERATURE CONTROL】Visual thermometer can help you control the best temperature for optimal coffee extraction. 2 Separate thermostats adjust the temperature of the water and milk foam separately so that the taste of coffee can reach the ideal state, and the milk foam is rich and creamy.
- ✔【ADJUSTABLE MILK FROTHING】Allows you to adjust the foam and steam levels to customize a variety of delicious espresso-based coffee. 360°rotating stainless steel frothing wand is more convenient to use.
- ✔【7 GRAMS FOR FULL FLAVOR】Achieve a consistent and balanced espresso using the right amount of ground coffee. Using 7g coffee powder to make 1 ounce of espresso can get full flavor and better taste.
- ✔【ELEGANT DESIGN】Small size and elegant design suitable for your kitchen and tea room. Let you own a private cafe and meet your need for a high-quality life.
Yabano Espresso Machine
One of the most affordable items on this list is the sleek and incredibly compact Yabano Espresso Machine. But don’t let its tiny size fool you – this machine can surely brew tasty espressos and steam milk when it has to.
Weighing only 4.7 pounds, it’s almost hard to believe that this petite machine is capable of brewing a mean cup of espresso. It uses a 3.5-bar pump that extracts a decent cup of aromatic and flavorful coffee.
What’s even more impressive is that it is capable of brewing up to 4 cups of espresso at a time – something we didn’t easily believe at first.
The Yabano Espresso Machine also comes with a built-in steam wand. This means that you can also steam and froth milk with it. As such, you can enjoy your favorite coffee and milk beverages with this petite espresso machine.
You don’t have to worry about having zero barista experience, either. The Yabano Espresso Machine is very easy to operate, so virtually anyone can use it. It has a simple interface that’s easy to follow, with a convenient dial that allows for hassle-free setup.
Overall, we highly recommend this espresso machine for anyone who is looking for an affordable and easy-to-use machine. This is perfect for offices and small dormitory rooms since it doesn’t take up a lot of space.
- It is one of the most affordable espresso machines.
- It is easy to operate.
- It comes with a convenient steam wand.
- It can brew up to 4 cups.
- It has a compact design and is highly portable.
- It is very easy to clean.
- You can only use it with medium ground beans.
- It heats up in 5 minutes.
- It has plastic parts.
- Easy Operation - Yabano steam espresso machine is very easy to use, for beginner without requiring much techniques and skills. It can make up to 4 cups espresso coffee at the same time, serving delicious espresso, cappuccinos and lattes for yourself, your friends and family
- Compact Design - It’s small and compact, doesn’t take up much counter space. Dimensions are 13.1" high x 7.7" wide x 10" deep, weight only 4.7 pounds, great for easy handling and storage
- Easy to Clean - The portafilter, nozzle and drip tray can be easily removed, makes it very easy to clean
- Steam Wand - Yabano espresso coffee maker come with a built in steam wand, You can enjoy cappuccino and latte with creamy and rich foam at any time at home
- IF you receive defective item or not satisfied with our product, please contact us, we will try our best to help you and give you the best solution. NOTICE: FILTER MUST BE FULLY LOCKED!
Espresso Machine Espresso Maker Cappuccino Machine
One of the most impressive espresso machines for this price range is the Espresso Machine Espresso Maker Cappuccino Machine. It was almost hard to believe that a decent espresso maker with a built-in steam wand was available for less than $100.
This espresso machine uses a 3.5-bar pump which produces decent yet flavorful espresso shots. It can also produce up to 4 cups of express, which is perfect for small families or dormitories. It comes with a clearly-marked glass cup that helps you pour the exact amount every time.
This espresso machine uses an impressive temperature retention system to keep it from overheating and over-brewing your beans.
For those who love milk and coffee drinks, the Espresso Machine Espresso Maker Cappuccino Machine can also make classic favorites such as latte and cappuccino. We must note, however, that you have to add water to help with the frothing and steaming.
We also love that this espresso machine comes with portable dimensions and only weighs a little over 4 pounds. This makes it easy to pack during travels. This also makes it perfect for small home kitchens and other limited spaces.
For our convenience, the removable Espresso Machine Espresso Maker Cappuccino Machine has a removable drip catcher. This allows you to clean coffee spills easily.
Another notable feature of this espresso machine is that it has a single-knob control system that helps you choose and set the proper settings by turning it.
Thus, the Espresso Machine Espresso Maker Cappuccino Machine is the best affordable espresso machine for anyone who’s looking for a decent cup of espresso without splurging. The fact that it is easy to use is a bonus.
- It is lightweight and highly compact.
- It has a single-knob control panel that’s easy to use.
- Its impressive temperature maintenance technology helps prevent overheating.
- It has a convenient steam wand.
- It is not easy to clean.
- You have to fill the reservoir with water before being able to steam or froth milk.
- EASY TO USE: Single switch knob with indicator light for easy operation with function transform-coffee/steam selector and on/off. Also, accurate temperature control can ensure the best taste
- BREW LIKE A PRO: Powerful 3.5 bar pressure espresso coffee maker can make 1-4 cups (240ml) espresso coffee and rich smooth cream. Easy-pour stainless steel cup is clearly marked to serve the perfect amount every time, delivers a truly rich espresso in seconds
- YOUR FOAM, YOUR WAY: Coffee espresso machine with frothing arm makes creamy froth to top off your cappuccinos and lattes. Velvety smooth espresso will make mornings so much better
- COMPACT DESIGN: The stainless steel compact design of the espresso coffee machines saves lots of space, smaller and lighter. The removable, washable drip catcher collects coffee drips and keeps brew space tidy, best for home and kitchen use
- Package Includes: 1 x Steam Espresso Machine, 1 x Filter and Funnel, 1 x Spoon, 1 x stainless steel cup, 1 x Manual
Not that you know our top picks, you might still seem hasty in immediately making a purchase – and we don’t blame you. After all, an espresso machine is meant to make your mornings better, so it’s best to give it some thought before buying one.
To help you make an informed decision, we have also prepared this comprehensive buying guide for you. Here, we will discuss the different factors that you have to look into when it comes to buying an espresso machine.
The first factor that you have to consider is the heat-up speed of the machine. This tells you how fast it can prepare your drink.
If you’re someone who’s always on the go, or if you’re planning on using the machine for your cafe business, then it’s best to go for a machine with fast heat-up speed. Any espresso machine that heats up within a minute is generally considered fast.
On the other hand, if you’re not always in a hurry, then any espresso machines will do the trick.
Bear in mind that espresso is extracted by pushing water evenly onto the coffee grounds. This is made possible with the use of pressure from the pump on the espresso machines.
Nevertheless, this doesn’t mean that espresso machines with lower pressure systems won’t do a good job. Some espresso makers with 3.5-bar pumps can also do the job well, especially if it has a temperature-maintenance system.
Working hand in hand with the machine’s pressure output is the temperature maintenance feature.
Ideally, espresso should be brewed somewhere between 190 and 195 degrees Fahrenheit to get that full and rich flavor. Beyond that, you’ll end up with a shot that’s too bitter – and that could seem unpleasant.
With that in mind, a good espresso machine must have a temperature maintenance feature that would prevent the machine from overheating. This guarantees that even if the machine has been turned on for a long time, the flavor will not be affected.
Another important feature that you have to look into is whether it’s easy to use or not. The ease of use isn’t a big deal if you’ve operated an espresso machine before. But, if this is your first time to own an espresso machine, we recommend going for one that doesn’t require a complicated setup.
Fortunately, most of today’s espresso machines are relatively easy to use. Some have minimalist control panels that allow the user to easily input their desired settings. And with the push of a button, the machine automatically prepares their drink within seconds.
Also, you must consider all the coffee lovers in your household. Will your parents be able to brew their espresso easily? Will your kids be able to turn it on by accident? These are just some of the questions that you have to answer before buying.
Aside from ease of operation, you should also look into how easy the machine is to clean up. Some espresso machines come with removable elements that make it easy to clean. Some of them also have smooth surfaces, so wiping them down after use won’t be a problem.
In some designs, the drip tray is fully removable, so you can easily unload and clean them in the sink. You can also try and look for espresso machines with dishwasher-friendly components. This saves you a lot of time in cleaning up – especially if you’re a busy person.
Kitchen Counter Space
The space that the espresso machine occupies is also something that you should consider. This isn’t a problem if you have a large kitchen, or if you plan to use it for your business. However, if you are living in a place with limited space, you might want to go for a machine that doesn’t take up a lot of space on your counter.
Fortunately, a lot of manufacturers have considered kitchen counter. Most of today’s newer espresso machines do not eat up a lot of space, so your tiny kitchen won’t feel cluttered. This also leaves you with a bigger elbow room for when you’re preparing meals.
Frequently Asked Questions on Best Cheap Espresso Machines
Can You Make Espresso Without A Machine?
Yes. Espresso is produced using pressure exerted onto coffee grounds, and using an espresso machine makes the process easy and hassle-free. Nevertheless, you can use alternative brewing process to make espresso – even without an espresso machine. Alternative tools for espresso making include a French Press, an AeroPress, and a Moka Pot. All of these tools similarly make a rich and delicious espresso.
Can Espresso Machines Make Regular Coffee?
In general, espresso machines cannot make regular coffee. The processes required to make espresso and regular coffee are different, so you can’t make regular coffee with most average espresso machines. The only exception is if you own a dual-purpose machine that can make espresso and brew regular coffee.
What Kind of Water to Use in Espresso Maker?
To make the best-tasting espressos, experts advise using softened water for your espresso machine. Filtered tap water does the trick, especially if your espresso maker uses a removable water tank.
What Coffee Beans to Use?
In general, you can use all kinds of coffee beans for your espresso machine. The determining factor usually lies in the taste and aroma you want to achieve for your shot of espresso. However, you should also pay attention to your machine’s filter and filter basket.
What Is A Manual Espresso Machine?
A manual machine is a device that allows you to control the extraction process for your espresso. It features a lever that helps you exert your desired amount of pressure onto the coffee grounds to produce the espresso. Manual espresso machines allow you save a ton of electricity bill.
Final Words on Best Budget Espresso Machine
There are so many budget espresso makers out there. Breville barista express is a great example. Very popular among espresso lovers and the price is just below $700. Here, in this article we tried to cover those budget espresso machines which have low price and high quality.
For those below $500, our top pick would have to be the Gaggia RI9380/46 Classic Pro Espresso Machine. We were impressed by how an budget espresso machine works at par with premium machines that are twice its value.
For the machines below $300, we were in awe of the EspressoWorks All-In-One. This machine stayed true to its name as an all-in-one device that can brew delicious and aromatic coffee-based drinks for your home and office.
As we move down the price level category, we found ourselves impressed by the Nespresso by De’Longhi EN85BAE Nespresso Essenza Mini Espresso Machine. We couldn’t believe how such a compact espresso machine could brew strong and flavorful coffee – and available in the market for less than $200.
And finally, the espresso machine that offers the best value for money is the De’Longhi EC155 15-Bar Espresso Machine. With a price tag that’s below $100, we couldn’t believe that you’re already getting a 15-bar espresso machine machine under 100 with some exciting features.
From all of this, you could see that regardless of your budget, you’re sure to find the best budget espresso machines that will surely cater to your coffee needs. Rightly roasted and perfectly preserved fresh grounds will deliver you the best output.
Enjoy Your Coffee!!