Little things matter, particularly at your workplace. That’s why something as simple as having an espresso machine at your workplace is viewed as one of the good signs of a healthy and productive workplace. When they can have guaranteed quality shots of coffee in their office at any time, people not only feel at home but also stay motivated and focused.
Now that we understand that office joe is important, what about its maker? Among the plentiful options, picking one of the best espresso machines for the office is harder than you think.
Don’t be concerned! Our list of the best office espresso machines is here to guide you!
Reasons To Have An Espresso Machine In The Workplace
Let’s see how and why it’s better to have an espresso machine in the workplace.
Increasing The Creativity
Coffee contains caffeine that stimulates our minds and bodies. The entire process of taking a minor break away from the workstation and easing into the sipping of a hot cup of Joe brings a much-needed calmness, which in turn helps to revitalize one’s creativity and focus.
It adds extra value to the job. Employees can always be happy to take a break and sip a good cup of coffee. This simple facilitation of quality intervals will motivate the staff to work better in their own time, knowing that they can have a rewarding break(s) while at it.
Saving Money For All
A recent census conducted by Jura showed that offices that hold 30 employees with an average daily drinking frequency of 3 cups per day save way more money with their own espresso machine. The result of this census is shown below for your perusal.
|Coffee Shop||Capsule-based Coffee Machine||Office-grade Espresso Machine|
|Initial Investment ($US)||$4 per cup||$500||$5,499|
|Total Cost (per year)||$93,600||$23,400||$4,212|
|Total Cost (per decade)||$936,000||$234,500||$47,600|
Versatility And Efficiency
A good espresso machine will allow you to have a Merienda every now and then. Employees can impress colleagues and clients alike. Plus, a smart automatic espresso machine eliminates the need for excessive appliances in the kitchen and keeps the environment clean and clutter-free.
Coffee rooms or coffee breaks, in general, create an environment where staff can develop healthy relationships with each other. This simple arrangement breaks the rigid office vibes and creates a communication hub where a mini-brainstorm session can occur over a cup of coffee.
Best Office Espresso Machines: Product Reviews
Below we’ll discuss our top 7 picks of the best office espresso makers and their pros and cons. This list includes machines that are fit for big and/or small-sized offices too! First, have a quick glimpse –
Jura WE8 15145 Automatic Coffee Machine
The Jura WE8 is a one-touch, single-serve machine that’ll allow you to make fancy cappuccinos, latte macchiatos, and flat whites without breaking a sweat. This professional machine can brew up to 30 cups every day.
The WE8 model offers 12 barista-quality specialties. It also makes killer espresso with the help of JURA’s exclusive pulse extraction process. Thus, ensuring a solid foundation for other espresso-based drinks such as cappuccino, latte, macchiato, and flat white.
It also has a fast and precise AromaG3 grinder to grind whole beans to their optimum fineness. Like all Jura machines, this one doesn’t support capsules.
The Jura WE8 machine comes with the essential power cord, milk tube, water tank, drip tray, ground and bean container, milk system cleaning container, measuring spoon, and hot water spout.
- Color TFT screen display with buttons
- Smart water system and adjustable cappuccino spout
- It weighs 22 lbs. and has a dimension (L x W x H) of 17.5 x 11.6 x 16.5 inches
- 12 coffee specialties, Jura pulse extraction process, and milk frother included
- A 101-ounce water tank and a 500-milliliter (19-ounce) coffee bean container
- Perfect machine for your workplace – ideal for small offices and self-serve coffee bars
Barista Touch By Breville
Barista Touch offers quality performance with its pre-programmed café drinks menu and automatic milk texturing technology. The intuitive swipe-and-select touchscreen gives access to all of its functions to the users.
Barista Touch makes coffee drinks in 3 simple steps: grinding, brewing, and frothing. Once done, save the recipe if you want to! You can easily customize the coffee strength, milk texture, and temperature to suit your palate.
Breville’s ThermoJet heating and PID control provide an ideal extraction temperature in just 3 seconds. The automatic steam wand lets you control the milk temperature and texture.
When it comes to brewing, Barista Touch makes full-bodied coffee with rich and complex flavors. It always grinds 17–22g of beans to facilitate perfect brews full of incredible aroma, intense flavors, and distinctive character.
The machine comes with a 54mm full stainless steel-made portafilter, both single and double-walled filter baskets, a 16 oz. stainless steel milk jug, a water filter, a trimming tool for precise dosage, water hardness test strips, and a cleaning kit.
- 5 preset coffee specialties
- Smart swipe and select touchscreen
- 8 customizable profiles to save your menu
- Brushed Stainless Steel-made durable exterior
- Integrated ardor conical grinder with dose control
- 227 ml (0.5 lbs.) of bean capacity and 67 oz. for the water tank
- Dimensions (L x W x H) 15.5 x 12.7 x 16 inches and weighs 1.75 lbs.
Philips EP3241/54 Full-Automatic With LatteGo
Hailed as one of the best office automatic espresso machines, this Philips 3200 is capable of making espresso, coffee, and milk-based recipes. This full-automatic machine delivers a perfect in-cup result without any hassle and in no time.
The intuitive touchscreen allows you to easily pick and choose select a coffee recipe. The interface also lets you adjust the brew strength and drink quantity.
Its durable 100% ceramic grinders have 12 steps and immaculate precision. So you can grind from coarse to ultra-fine powder. It guarantees grinds for a whopping 20,000 cups of coffee. Philips’ AquaClean water filter ensures at least 5000 cups of coffee without any need for descaling.
The LatteGo milk system gives you a silky smooth layer of milk foam that gets topped off with a creamy layer of milk froth at just the right temperature. You can clean this 2-part milk system in 15 seconds under tap water as it has no tubes or hidden parts.
The machine comes with AquaClean water filter, measuring spoon, water hardness test strips, grease tube, and LatteGo storage cap.
- Intuitive touchscreen user interface
- 5 preset coffee recipes and 12 grinder settings
- 3 aromatic strength and 3 temperature settings
- 60 oz. water tank and 286 ml (9.7 oz.) of bean capacity
- Descaling is required only after making 5,000 cups of coffee
- Dimension of (L x W x H) 10 x 17 x 15 inches and weighs 21.1 lbs.
The Infuser by Breville
The Infuser by Breville is a 4-key formula machine for the 3rd wave specialty coffee. Thus, it has a unique way of brewing coffee known as the pre-infusion function. It always begins with steady, low pressure, rather than bursting into high pressure. As a result, it gently expands the coffee grinds to extract a well-balanced flavor. It also comes with Breville’s unique 1600W stainless steel thermocoil heating system and PID temperature control, which ensures optimal water temperature.
The purge function lets you automatically adjust the water temperature, and its 15-bar Italian pump provides full volumetric control, presets, and programs while operational.
The spout height is adjustable to accommodate extra-tall travel mugs. Its button-controlled user interface has an “Empty Me” indicator for the drip tray as well as a “Clean Me” indicator for descaling.
The Infuser comes with a single and double basket, water filters, a coffee scoop, stainless steel milk carafe, cleaning tools, and a filter with its holder.
- Cup warmer on top of the machine
- 61 fl. oz. water tank with its own water filter
- Automatic sleep (after 1 hour) and shutdown (after 3 hours) modes
- Dimension of (L x W x H) 13.7 x 11.5 x 13.25 inches and weighs 17 lbs.
- Automatic temperature settings and programmable volumetric control
Jura D6 Automatic Espresso Machine
The Jura D6 is a stylish, versatile, and small automatic machine that is easy to use. Its streamlined switches and display allow a user to make specialty drinks with a few easy steps.
Its Pulse Extraction Process (P.E.P.) technology optimizes extraction time for different drinks to achieve perfection. Jura also provided their Easy Cappuccino milk system to deliver fine velvety milk foam for your espresso specialties. The P.E.P. technology and cappuccino system compelled us to put it on our best office espresso makers list.
The built-in AromaG2 grinder preserves the full aroma of freshly ground beans. The Jura D6 also employs an adjustable water feature, strength control, and temperature modes for its drinks. Furthermore, the D6 employs the Intelligent Water System (I.W.S.) and CLEARYL water filters to preserve the purity of the water.
- LED display with plain text
- It has 7 preset drink recipes and pours 2 cups at once
- 207 ml (7 oz.) of bean capacity and 64 oz. of water capacity
- Comes with an integrated AromaG2 grinder and milk frother
- Dimension of (L x W x H) 16.5 x 11 x 13.5 inches and weighs 19 lbs.
Nespresso Vertuo By Breville
The Vertuo can automatically detect the capsule’s coffee blend and immediately adjust its brewing variables accordingly. It uses laser technology and a barcode system to read the cup size and the coffee flavor of each capsule.
Vertuo uses patented Centrifusion extraction technology, which applies 7000 RPM to spin the capsule in the brewing cycle. It results in a superior blend of coffee and crema.
Despite pre-set water and coffee volumes, you can still program according to your own preference. Simply press the on/off button until the desired amount is poured into the cup.
The Nespresso Vertuo can make 5 different single-serve cup sizes all with the touch of a button. It brews 1.35 oz. Espresso, 2.7 oz. Double Espresso, 5.0 oz. Gran Lungo, 7.7 oz. Coffee, and 14 oz. Alto. Add ice cubes to create your favorite iced coffee drink.
The machine includes a complimentary welcome set that includes 6 Vertuo capsules with unique aroma profiles and an Aeroccino milk frother.
- Removable 40 oz. water tank
- Automatically shuts down after 9 minutes to save energy
- Dimension (L x W x H) of 12 x 8 x 12 inches and weight of 11 lbs.
- The used capsule container stores up to 13 large empty capsules
- Only takes 15-20 seconds to heat up the machine after starting it up
Lavazza BLUE LB 300 Mini Espresso Machine
Lavazza Blue is an elegant single-serving machine, the smallest machine on our list. in the Blue range. In terms of efficiency and ease of use, the LB300 is one of the best capsule machines. Designed to fit in busy offices and hotel rooms, its uncluttered design has won the prestigious Red Dot Design Award.
Equipped with 2-touch controls, it prepares espresso and coffee lungo. It is always easy to clean up with its semi-automatic used capsule ejection. It provides various cup sizes for its removable cup holder. Impressively enough, it has a quick machine start-up time of 28 seconds.
- 26 oz. water reservoir capacity
- Only works with Lavazza Blue capsules
- The capsule drawer holds up to 5 used capsules
- Visual indicator to show reservoir and pod drawer status
- Simple touch controls with 1 programmable dose and 1 preset
- Dimension (L x W x H) of 14.17 x 5.11 x 9.25 inches and weighs 7.7 lbs.
- The removable cup holder allows anything from espresso cups to travel mugs
How To Choose Your Office Coffee Machine
Now that you’ve gone through our recommended list, let’s dig into some of the crucial factors you’ll want to keep in mind when determining what type of espresso machine is right for your office.
- Before going for a quick run to the shop, make sure that you’ve figured out the perfect place and measured up the position to set up your brand-new machine
- It depends on your employee number and the status of your office. Don’t go dirt cheap, and make sure the machine’s coffee output matches your employee count. Keep in mind that an expensive machine doesn’t equal superior-quality coffee
- Office-grade coffee machines are long-term investments. It’ll be used at a higher volume. This is why you have to pick a durable one with a long warranty
- Try to pick an espresso machine that has a good range of beverage options. Even though most people keep it the same, having some extra options will always help. You just never know
- Try to choose a coffee machine that doesn’t make loud noises. Just imagine a loud coffee machine at lunch hour! Jarring!
- The more money you spend, the more functionality you’ll have in an espresso machine. No need to go crazy, though. The answer lies somewhere in the middle between your requirements and your budget
- Maintenance is key to this machine’s health. So pick one that requires minimal and easy cleaning procedures
Characteristics Of A Good Office Espresso Machine
A good espresso machine must be able to brew good-tasting coffee, be able to reduce the amount of maintenance work, and finally, increase the overall output. The same applies to an office-grade machine. But there’s more.
- Output Time And Cup Sizes: Your office espresso machine must be capable of producing high volumes of coffee. Add to that, it should have an adjustable spout to accommodate different sizes of coffee cups
- Cost And Longevity: Office espresso machines are more expensive. So, make sure the machines match the longevity to match that price tag!
- Taste And Quality: Depending on the type of your machine, the definition of “quality coffee” changes. Just make sure that, whatever the type, it delivers the best of its kind
- Convenience: Your preferred espresso or coffee machine should be simple to use for everyone. It should also be able to make big batches of coffee in a short time
- Maintenance: One of the underrated characteristics of a quality espresso machine is that all of its maintenance tasks come with a clear and concise set of instructions
Differences Between Small And Large Office Coffee Machines
According to the Small Business Association (SBA), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and Affordable Care Act (ACA), a small office does not hold more than 50 employees. There are multiple factors that determine whether a coffee machine is for a small office or not. So, we took 9 key characteristics and held them up against 7 different types of coffee machines that are popularly found in small and big offices across the United States. The chart below will give you the most concise idea of which types of machines should be considered for a small office and which shouldn’t.
|Machine||Cafetiere||Drip (Home)||Drip (Office)||Drip (1 & 2 cup)||Pod||Bean to Cup||Espresso (Automatic)|
|Max. Output (cups)||8||12||12||2||1||2||2|
|Max. Brew Time (minutes)||10||10||20||2||2||<1||<1|
|Avg. Cost ($US)||20-30||30-150||600+||1000+||250+||1000+||2000+|
|Ease of Use||Hard||Easy||Hard||Easy||Easy||Moderate||Hard|
Cafetiere, Drip (Home, Office, 1 & 2 cups), and Pods are ideal for serving in small office setups.
Bean to Cup and Automatic Espresso machines are ideal for serving in large office setups.
Which Nespresso machines are best for the office?
Nespresso’s VertuoLine, Zenius, Gemini220, Aguila220, and Aguila440 are the best machines for office setup.
How do you make good office coffee?
Always use fresh and correct ingredients, maintain the right temperatures, and use good filters to make perfect cups of coffee for your office.
How do I set up an office coffee station?
Keep the fundamental tools and ingredients close by; use a board for recipes and little tips and tricks; make the whole procedure as simple as possible, and finally, add some décor to give it a café station character.
How do you use an office coffee machine?
Try to learn about the machine’s brewing method, always be helpful to others, and always do the necessary cleanup after your brew.
Since there are many coffee machines out there, trying to pick the best one for an office can end up in a disaster sometimes. It’s not about spending the most on the machine. Price and coffee quality are not directly dependent on each other in this case.
Throughout this best office coffee machines article, we tried to help you understand how to determine the key conditions for your office’s coffee machine. Then we offered a list of coffee machines that’d work best for most of us. Because doing your research on what you need is as important as purchasing what you need. Always remember, office-grade coffee machines are long-term investments, so don’t rush into buying one!