Are you always in a hurry when leaving home? Even if you are not, it’s hard to wait for your coffee or put in the effort to make your cup, isn’t it?
This is why most people consider buying a coffee maker just like you are now- for the love of coffee, But, there are so many coffee machines available making it hard for you to choose. You have to take one step (one coffee machine) at a time so why not check this Jura D6 review out?
Jura D6 automatic coffee machine is apparently a great choice for beginners for all its features. On top of that, it falls in the affordable range.
But, is it for you? Because despite its good name, it may not be what you are looking for.
Let’s find out!
Jura D6 Review: The Features
- VERSATILITY: Cappuccino, espresso and coffee maker
- OPERATION: Plain text display or Smart Connect App control
- CUSTOMIZATION: Adjustable water level, coffee strength and temperature
- GRINDER: Fast and precise AromaG2 integrated grinder
- TECHNOLOGY: Flavor optimizing Pulse Extraction Process technology
It has quite a lot to offer. Let’s see if what it offers has what it takes to delight you.
The Easy System
As someone who does not really know how to make professional-grade coffee, you want a coffee machine that is easy to use. You might find the Jura D6 a bit too easy to use- a great thing! All you have to do is click buttons and a switch to get the coffee you want. Yes, it’s that simple!
In fact, this one features an intuitive text display that shows you your options. You have to select from the options, which coffee you want. Then, you can use the rotary switch at the station to get your serve of coffee!
Simple, isn’t it? And, you will have no trouble with this function either.
Six kinds of coffee
Professionals who like to take full control over their coffee or espresso may not really like this one Apparently, this one gives you six options to choose from, meaning you get six different kinds of coffee from it. Each of them is consistent in their taste and quality no matter how many times you have it.
While these six options are many to some, it is also, ‘only’ to a few. So, which group are you in?
Apart from that, some customers mentioned that the consistency of the coffee seemed a bit watery.
So, you have to think carefully about this feature. What kind of coffee do you like? Will one among the six kinds offered to be able to satisfy you?
A water filter
While many people may think that the manufacturing brands could care less about your health, D6 proves them wrong. Apparently, it comes with its own water filter.
So, even if you do not use the purest of water, this maker will make sure that nothing harmful other than too much of caffeine enters your body.
The filter is truly of high quality and it removes anything that can hamper the flavor and taste of the coffee. So, the filter and the filtration technology in it, do not just protect you but they protect your coffee too.
A Sleek Design
If you really want a coffee machine because it will make days easier for you but you have a small house then don’t you worry! Apparently, this Jura D6 espresso machine is compact in its size and short in height. Therefore, it will fit under any cabinet and in any small kitchen.
Furthermore, it looks quite good with its finish. So, you won’t be embarrassed to show to it your guests.
The Aroma G2 grinder is the grinder in it and it does quite a good job of grinding. Apparently, it has just the right cutting angle for the beans. Thus, the flavor and aroma of the coffee beans are safe.
The Package and Value
While the Jura D6 is not the most expensive, it still is quite a graceful espresso machine. It does not come alone, it comes with a milk container with it. Furthermore, it is quite an easy one to set up.
When it comes to quality, the coffee grinder may not always work well and there may be parts of the machine that does not always live up to the mark. But, it still offers quite the value for the time it works.
Among other key features, this amazing machine also includes Smart Connect. So, you can command it using your smartphone which can be quite convenient.
Let’s take a closer look at a bit more technical features of the Jura D6 automatic coffee machine. Though the manufacturer used to identify this one as their entry-level machine, you will definitely get some noticeable differences in terms of how they look.
It comes with a plain text-based display which is much more convenient to operate. You will see a rotating switch which you need to turn either left or right for selecting your desired type of coffee. By pressing and holding the P button you program various aspects of coffee according to your personal choice.
The machine is also featured with the P.E.P. brewing system which ensures the maximum aroma in an optimized brewing time. Its aroma G2 coffee grinder is pretty good in grinding the fresh whole bean in order to deliver evenly extracted coffee. The coffee bean hopper capacity is around 7 ounces and you will also get a grind adjustment gear for selecting the right grind settings.
With a Jura D6 coffee machine, you can make a milk-based cappuccino in no time. Thanks to its functional milk system as you can make a cappuccino with a single push of a button. Besides, you don’t have to move the cup no matter what types of drinks you’re making as both coffee and milk spout are at the same place.
The water reservoir is capable of holding about 64 ounces of coffee. Hence, you don’t have to fill it frequently. Inside the tank, there’s a place for the CLEARYL Smart filter which can remove the scaling deposits from the water and give you a better-tasting coffee. The manufacturer recommends using this filter. You don’t have to descale the machine if you use this filter.
Jura D6 Reviews: Pros and Cons
What we like
- This coffee espresso machine is an excellent choice for beginners because of its ease of use.
- It just requires the user to click and press to get his cup of coffee.
- The interactive text display is very helpful too.
- It has the recipe for six different types of coffee.
- A compact and sleek design makes it suitable for small kitchens.
- The grinder holds on to the aroma and flavor of the coffee beans.
- It offers great value for the price and things it includes.
- The body is made with stainless steel.
What we don’t like
- It may have parts that need replacing after some time.
- Not much control for the professionals.
Available Options for Jura D6 Automatic Coffee Machine
|Jura D6 Automatic Coffee Machine, 1, Black||Check on Amazon|
|Jura D6 Automatic Coffee Machine, 1, Platinum||Check on Amazon|
Benefits Of Using Jura D6
- Jura D6 featured a plain text-based display for effortless operation. For selecting a certain type of coffee you just need to rotate the switch in getting your desired coffee drink’s name on the display. After that simply push the switch and the machine will start the brewing process.
- This machine comes with a programming feature in order to reach any individual’s taste. For that, you will be able to customize various aspects of coffee, espresso, cappuccino including volume, strength, temperature, and milk flowing time (for cappuccino).
- The water tank of this machine holds about 64 ounces of coffee which is a pretty good amount for making quite a few shots of espresso or more than 10, 6 ounces of coffee.
- The beans hopper of this machine holds 7 ounces of coffee and with the Aroma G2 grinder, Jura D6 tries to provide the best possible finesse for your desired type of coffee. At the top of the bean hopper, you will get a grind size adjustment option for selecting the right grind size settings.
- On the top of the machine, there’s an additional door where you have to put a Jura Cleaning Tablet when the machine needs cleaning. This is a definite plus point of this machine as you don’t need to clean the machine by removing the brew group.
- After brewing, all the used coffee goes into the coffee grounds container which is attached to the drip tray. The drip tray is also pretty good at holding any accidental shot of espresso or coffee. To keep everything neat and clean the machine will show you a notification when both the container and drip tray needs to be cleaned.
- This machine is compatible with Jura Smart Connect that can let you control the machine using the J.O.E app on your smartphone or tablet.
Who Should Buy It?
This machine could be an ideal option for those who are looking for purchasing a Jura machine with a fair amount of convenience but can’t afford more than 1000 bucks. Jura D6 automatic coffee machine is pretty popular as it has quite a few upper-level features at an affordable price tag.
However, we won’t recommend you to purchase this machine for your office where you need to serve 15-20 people or more in a day. This machine would be great for 3-5 members’ families. This machine could be an excellent solution for your daily coffee, espresso, and also milk-based cappuccino. Furthermore, because of its Pulse Extraction Process – P.E.P., you can make your coffee in no time when you are in a rush.
Now, who shouldn’t buy this machine? In short, those who are not interested in investing $1000 in a single machine, who just need coffee and espresso solution, want such a machine that can produce coffee for 15-20 people in a day.
If you are on a budget and will be happy without a coffee system in your machine then consider taking a look at Jura A1. On the other hand, if you want to satisfy your 10+ co-workers’ coffee solution then the Jura GIGA 6 would be a perfect option for you.
Alternatives To Jura D6
If you like the Jura D6 automatic coffee machine but are looking for a little bit more functional feature then consider checking the Jura E6. This machine is known as the brother of D6 because of its lots of similarities. Both of the machines are pretty identical apart from their display.
This machine comes with a plain text-based display, on the other hand, Jura E6 comes with a TFT color display. Check out the details review on Jura E6.
- Makes 6 specialty drinks including: cappuccino, Coffee, two coffees, Espresso, two Espresso, milk foam
- Controls make it easy to find, customize and brew your favorite drinks
- Pulse extraction process brews Coffee with a full, rich bouquet and delicious flavor
- Eight Coffee strength levels allow you to fine tune each drink
- Fast, quiet G3 grinder creates 60 percent less Leftover ground Coffee
Jura A1 can be another alternative. It is a super automatic espresso machine with exciting features. Also the price is under $1000 which is very uncommon for super automatic espresso machines. Many coffee experts recommend this machine because of this price range.
It’s a super espresso machine with the price like semi automatic espresso machine. Usually, semi automatic espresso machines come with lower price than the automatic Ones. You can choose Jura A1 from two colors, Piano Black and Piano White.
- ONE TOUCH: Prepare 3 barista quality specialties including ristretto, espresso and coffee at the touch of a button - coffee only
- PERFECT ESPRESSO: Ultimate coffee quality thanks to JURA's exclusive Pulse Extraction Process
- CONICAL BURR GRINDER: Fast and precise AromaG3 grinder grinds whole beans to the optimum fineness
- : JURA is always freshly ground, not capsuled - fresh taste with very limited waste - single serve machine
- CAPACITY: 37 ounce water tank, 4. 4 ounce bean container
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you make a latte with this automatic coffee machine?
Yes, you can. Apparently, it has a milk frother that enables you to make a latte.
Does it come with a warranty?
Yes, it does. Usually, the warranty is for 1 year and you can purchase a new warranty. But, this espresso machine works great for many years- at least 5.
How Many Types Of Coffee Drinks Can Jura D6 Make?
According to the manufacturer, Jura D6 can make 7 different types of drinks (6 coffee drinks, 1 water) including coffee, espresso, cappuccino, double coffee, double espresso, milk foam, and hot water. However, you can make Americano with this machine as well as it just needs espresso shot and the water. So, you can make Americano in 2 steps with this machine. It’s like having a coffee shop at your home.
How Often Should I Clean My Jura Machine?
The answer to this question depends on where you are using the machine. If you are using your Jura machine in a coffee shop where you need to make more than 100 coffee in a day then it is recommended to clean the machine once a week.
Are Jura Coffee Machines Worth The Money?
Yes, of course. Jura coffee machines are famous for the long-lasting durability. According to the Quality Coffee System Vancouver, Jura coffee makers tend to last about 10 years on average. The difference between the higher and lower-priced machines is the number of features.
Final Thoughts On jura d6 coffee machine review
Beginner home baristas won’t have much to complain about this coffee machine. unless they are very choosy about their coffee. This one gives them peace of mind, ease of use, and a less financial load to carry. While it can get noisy when working, it gives you the best results when it does work!
The six coffee options are not bad either- after all, you are getting six, easiest source of coffee. Also, the milk container included in the package really wins hearts.
Jura company manufactures household appliances since 1931. They have the experience to deliver you the best.
Enjoy Your Coffee!!