If you are used to or looking to brew coffee at your own home comfort? But not sure how much to spend on a coffee machine and the features you should look for in that price range? We’re here to the rescue with our best coffee maker under 300 review. Be at ease and read on — because there are some really good options under this price range.
It is a hard task to narrow down and find a handful of perfect suitors. Especially, to find a functional machine that offers a wide range of drinks with high-quality brewing. Our compiled list of the best espresso machines under $300 consists of 8 proven and popular models.
We focused on machines that will give you decent espresso, with milk-based drinks, build-quality, and smart functionalities. Even after that, you’ll be able to find both the pros and cons of each product.
So, let’s check out the list and reviews!
Best Coffee Maker Under 300: Product Reviews
Mr. Coffee Café Barista
- Milk reservoir is detachable.
- Large 55 oz. water reservoir.
- Most of the parts are dishwasher-safe.
- Can make the milky drinks at the push of a button.
- Does not support tall mugs.
- A lot of plastic parts and bits.
- Big machine and takes up some space.
The Mr. Coffee Café Barista is a stout 3-in-1 semi-automatic machine. It gives you enough automated controls without having to switch to capsule machines. You can make espresso, cappuccinos, and lattés. It has separate buttons for each option on the one-touch control panel. Press any of these drink buttons once for its single shot and press twice for the double.
This 15-bar machine heats up quickly and pumps out a rich brew every time. It should be an important factor when buying an espresso machine.
It also comes with an automatic milk frother instead of a wand. The frothing is also automatic for your latte and cappuccino. Meaning, it not only makes for easy cleaning but also saves you from wasting unused milk (just store the milk in the fridge with the reservoir).
The nice thing about the Café Barista is its easy-fill, removable milk and water reservoir. The drip tray is also detachable, so you can fit taller cups (not taller mugs) under its spout.
It will take up some space on your kitchen counter. Please note, this machine will need a good cleaning with vinegar before the first use in order to function properly.
- Semi automatic 3 in 1 espresso maker, cappuccino maker, and latte maker
- 15 Bar Pump System Brews Rich Tasting Espresso Coffee
- Trouble Free Automatic Milk Frother Removes the Guesswork. Do not wash the water reservoir in the dishwasher
- One touch control panel for drink selections
- Easy fill, removable water and milk reservoirs
De’Longhi EC702 15-Bar Pump Espresso Maker
Best Automatic Coffee Machine Under $300
- Steel-made drip tray.
- Professional-quality brewing.
- Stout build, easy to clean parts.
- Two separate dedicated Thermostats.
- Heats up very quickly and maintains heat for back-to-back brewing.
- No water filter for the tank.
- Manual frother may become challenging for any beginner.
The De’Longhi automatic 15-bar machine is the real deal under $300. Not only does it brew tasty coffee like your favorite café house but also can use pods or ground coffee. The full stainless steel machine has a 100% professional brewing system. The pressure pump is perfect which makes the final coffee flavor remarkable.
This coffee machine allows you to brew like a pro. Single, double espresso, or a specialty – can be yours in seconds. It uses 2 separate thermostats to offer full control over the steam pressure and the water temp! The manual milk frother makes a rich, creamy froth by mixing steam and milk evenly for textured drinks.
15-bar pump pressure assures quality every time. Not only has that, but its adjustable controls also let you do modifications for your personal preferences. No waiting time between cups of espresso as it maintains the optimal brewing temperature. The Rapid Cappuccino system ensures one cup after another with consistent temperature as well as flavor.
The 3-in-1 filter holder works for 1 espresso shot, 2 espresso shots, and for an easy-serve espresso pod. The water tank is simple to detach, refill, re-install, and has easily visible water levels to eliminate any guesswork.
- Pump driven and 15 bars
- Automatically self-primes; Water level indicator: Yes
- Use pods or ground coffee with the convenient patented filter holder. On/Off switch- Yes
- Craft cappuccinos or lattes with the patented easy to use frothier
- 44 oz. and 1.3 litre removable water tank. Never install the appliance in environments where the temperature may reach 0°C (32°F) or lower (the appliance may be damaged if the water freeze)
Flair Signature Espresso Maker
Best Manual Coffee Machine Under $300
- Easily portable.
- Built with solid materials.
- Encourages learning as well as mastery.
- Old-school but an extremely efficient coffee machine.
- No milk frother/wand with it.
- Pre-heated water is required for brewing.
- Each shot requires focus and skilled work.
The Flair is a 100% human-powered press machine. With it, you will have a fully manual machine that’s capable of producing professional-quality shots at your home. Add 60 ml. of boiled water and 18 grams of coffee to brew a 40 ml. shot with crema.
The Flair Espresso Maker has a completely detachable brewing head. This patented design lets its users completely detach and rinse underwater.
The custom pressure gauge lets you have immediate visual feedback and a range for espresso while pulling the shots. The Flair is capable of brewing with 6-10-bar pressure which is a perfect range for espresso. The Pressure kit comes with a stainless steel-made tamper and a 2-in-1 bottomless portafilter for spouted or naked brewing.
As it’s made and upgraded with cast aluminum and steel the robust base, post, and lever are built to last. Both the aluminum press stand and steel brewing head have a 3-year warranty from Flair.
It comes with Flair’s precision cut and padded carrying case. Meaning you can carry this espresso maker anywhere you’d like.
- HANDCRAFT SHOTS OF ESPRESSO - The Flair is a 100% human-powered, manual espresso press. With the Flair Espresso Maker, you have a complete manual espresso machine that can produce professional quality shots of espresso from your home, or wherever you are. Add 60ml of boiled water and a dose of up to 18 grams to yield a 40 ml shot with beautiful crema. A burr grinder is essential for use with this product.
- CUSTOM PRESSURE GAUGE - Allows for immediate visual feedback, as well as a target espresso range, while pulling shots with the Flair manual espresso press. Each Flair Espresso Maker is capable of brewing between 6-9 BAR, the perfect range for espresso extraction. The Pressure Kit also comes with a stainless steel tamper and a bottomless 2-in-1 portafilter for naked or spouted brewing.
- EASY TO CLEAN - The Flair Espresso Maker is the only manual espresso maker with a completely detachable brewing head. This patented design allows for users to completely remove the brewing head, separate the parts, and rinse under cool water.
- FULLY PORTABLE - All Flair Espresso Makers come standard with our precision cut and padded carrying case meaning you can take your manual espresso maker anywhere you’d like.
- BUILT TO LAST - Now with an upgraded, stronger base, post and lever! Made from durable materials like cast aluminum and stainless steel, you can be sure your manual espresso maker, by Flair, is built to last. Both the aluminum press stand and the stainless steel brewing head are backed by a 3-year warranty.
Nespresso Vertuo Next Coffee and Espresso Machine
Best Capsule Coffee Machine Under $300
- 4 different cup sizes.
- Huge selection of capsules.
- Full coffee intensity modes.
- Centrifusion Heating Technology.
- Can be synchronized with your pads/cell phones.
- Expensive capsules.
- Frother has to be bought or bought in a bundle.
Nespresso’s trademark Centrifusion technology applies centrifugal pressure to create a distinct, full-bodied coffee with a smooth crema. Nespresso offers 30 pods that come in a variety of 3 blends of 10 Stormio, 10 Odacio, and 10 Melozio blends for the Nespresso VertuoLine System. The pods give you a 7.8 oz. of serving that is perfect for a longer drinking experience.
The Aeroccino3 frother makes smooth hot or cold froth with one touch. It froths all kinds of milk in a few seconds and without any noise or vibration. Vertuo Next is a compact, sustainable, and smart VertuoLine machine. It’s made with 54% recycled materials.
The Nespresso capsules offer various intensities with Stormio (Intensity 8), Odacio (Intensity 7), and Melozio (Intensity 6). A perfect way to discover and enjoy a distinctive range of extraordinary coffees. Nespresso Vertuo gives you a full range of cup styles and sizes. Ranging from espresso to Alto XL with easy-to-use pods. You can also make and enjoy hot or pour over ice. Note that, VertuoLine capsules are not suitable for Original Line Nespresso machines.
Vertuo Next brews both coffee and espresso. In 5, 8, and 18 oz. both single and double espresso sizes too! The 4 different cup sizes are – Espresso, Double Espresso, Gran Lungo, and Alto.
- 4 cup sizes - Espresso, Double Espresso, Gran Lungo, Alto
- Centrifusion technology uses centrifugal pressure to create a unique, full-bodied coffee topped with a smooth crown of crema
- Connectivity via Bluetooth and WI-FI- with Bluetooth connectivity, you will be able to update your machine to brew new unique coffees
- NESPRESSO VERTUOLINE VARIETY PACK ASSORTMENT: This Nespresso coffee assortment offers 30 Nespresso Pods in a variety of 3 best-selling coffee blends for the Nespresso VertuoLine System.10 Stormio, 10 Odacio, 10 Melozio
- INTENSITY: This assortment will let you explore the rich tastes of the following Nespresso Capsules: Stormio (Intensity 8), Odacio (Intensity 7) & Melozio (Intensity 6). It's the perfect choice to discover a distinctive range of extraordinary coffees
Breville Esp8xl Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker
- Heats up fast.
- Good brewing control.
- Easy-to-use entry-level machine.
- Water reservoir size is generous.
- Durable machine, like many other Breville products.
- 3 filter baskets for using both ground and capsule coffee.
- Weak milk frother.
- No pre-infusion technology.
- Noise and vibration is a minor issue.
- Low spout height good for espresso cups only.
The Café Roma scores some big points for its simplicity, design, and maintenance. It’s a big, stout, and durable machine. It has some heft and requires space on your counter, but it sets ergonomically too!
With its thermoblock boiler, the Café Roma heats up fast while the pressurized portafilter takes a bit of learning. It does come with 3 filter baskets for singles (7g), doubles (14g), and pods. All 3 filters incorporate Breville’s distinct dual-wall crema technology. This tech ensures a rich and smooth flavor. You can simply begin extraction by turning the dual-action selector dial to the right. If you turn it to the left, the steam wand will get activated for milk texturing.
The professional-grade adjustable steam wand additionally features a finger-looper for easier control. The aluminum-made warming tray can heat up six espresso cups together. The stainless steel milk wand can be pulled right off for easy cleaning.
The removable water tank can hold enough for 4 double shots, or 3 lattés worth of water. It’s a great machine for making flat whites and cappuccinos.
- Stainless-steel espresso machine with 15-bar thermoblock pump
- Dual-wall filter system for excellent crema; froth enhancer, cup-warming plate
- Accesories: Stainless steel frothing pitcher Tamping tool/measuring spoon/cleaning tool
- Removable drip tray and grid; Frothing jug included
- Measures 9 x 9 x 12 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Cuisinart SS-15P1 Coffeemaker and Single-Serve Brewer
- Auto shut-off.
- Charcoal water filter.
- Brew Strength control.
- 24-hour pre-program feature.
- Grounds and K-Cup compatible.
- Aligning the filter can become complicated.
The Cuisinart offers its trademark 24-hour programmability feature. Known as the “Brew Start” function, it will allow you to schedule the time for your brewer to start making coffee without you pressing a button there and then. You just need to set it up and keep the Cuisinart SS-15 switched on! Also, you’ll need to have enough water and grounds set in place in the machine.
The Cuisinart SS-15 comes with a brew-pause feature. So, if you don’t want to wait and have a cup before the full halt of brewing, you can pause and drink. Its 2-in-1 features stand for a programmable 12-cup coffeemaker and the single-serve coffeemaker on the other. Single-serve brewer has 3 sizes — 6, 8, and 10 oz. All of them are compatible with most single-serve capsules.
The adjustable carafe temperature knob allows you to switch between the heat plate presets beneath the carafe to prevent brew over-extraction.
This Cuisinart coffee maker also has an energy-saving mode. You can program its auto shut-off function for up to 4 hours after the last brew.
The charcoal water filter and gold-tone coffee filter guarantee the purest coffee taste for you. The Cuisinart HomeBarista Reusable Filter Cup lets you use your own ground coffee – talk about freedom!
- 12-cup glass carafe with stainless steel handle. Material: Metal
- Gold-tone coffee filter lets only pure coffee flavor flow through.UC Cubic Feet: 1.26
- Single-Serve serving sizes: 6, 8, 10 oz; Charcoal water filter
- Includes Cuisinart's Home Barista Reusable Filter Cup which lets you use your own coffee, K-Cup pod compatible as well
Keurig K-Duo Coffee Maker
- Convenient to use and maintain.
- Warming plate works for 2 hours.
- Elegant and ergonomically designed.
- Auto-off feature works after a minute of inactivity.
- K-cup (single cup) and ground coffee (carafe) compatible.
- Multiple sizes for single-serve coffee (8, 10, 12 oz.) and drip coffee (8, 10, 12 cups).
- Various troubleshooting issues.
- No temperature control feature.
- Non-programmable for single cup side.
- Exterior build seems cheap for the usage of plastic.
It takes about 2-3 minutes to brew a single-serve portion. It’s slightly longer than other Keurig models but the glass carafe takes about 10 minutes to completely fill up – that is on par with other models. The coffee machine has 2 ways of brewing coffee: with k-cups (only for a single cup) and with grounds (for a carafe).
The machine’s auto-off feature shuts itself off automatically after 1 minute of a single cup of coffee brewing. On the other hand, the heating plate under the carafe shuts itself off after 2 hours. So, your full 12- cups of coffee stays hot for 2-hours.
Just like Cuisinart, Keurig also has its own Pause and Pour feature. So, now you can pour and get an early cup of joe before the entire carafe finishes brewing.
There are no noises generated from the machine while operational. Other than generic mild winding noise you can expect no unusual noise from it.
- What’s in the box: 12-cup glass carafe included with your brewer along with a heating plate to keep coffee hot.
- Brew a cup and a carafe: Use both ground coffee and k-cup pods. Height with handle open-17.63 H inch. Height with drip cover open-18 H inch
- Multiple brew sizes: Brew a 6, 8, 10, or 12-cup carafe and a 6, 8, 10, or 12 ounce cup.
- Compatible with keurig gold tone mesh filter accessory: A reusable coffee filter you can use to brew your perfect carafe (sold separately).
- Large 60 ounce water reservoir: The 60 ounce water reservoir is shared between the single serve and carafe brewing, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy.
EspressoWorks All-In-One Espresso Machine And Cappuccino Maker
- Footprint is small.
- Easy to clean and use.
- Heats up under a minute.
- Clear and visible water tank.
- Heating tray on the top of the machine.
- Can’t accommodate tall mugs.
- The milk frother is not built well.
- No thermometer with the frother.
- The bean grinder’s blade is not adequate for espresso grinds.
This AEW1000 semi-automatic is an all-in-one espresso and cappuccino maker. The 15-bar pump pressure allows you to create shots upon shots of authentic espressos anytime you want. And it has even its own bean grinder to provide the freshest beans for your espresso shots. The parts are easily removable, so you can clean the coffee residues from this machine easily also.
If you’re looking for grinding and brewing all with your coffee machine, then the AEW1000 is perfect for you. As it comes with a plug-in super easy-to-use grinder.
You can make not only single or double shots of espresso but with the milk frothing wand and pitcher, you can make cups upon cups of creamy rich cappuccino right at the comfort of your home.
The scale of being “Noisy” can be relative. But the general feedback is that this machine makes a sound while brewing that not many people found bothersome.
It has a fairly small footprint and a quick heat-up time of 45 seconds. The detachable water tank is directly visible from the side of the machine, which is nice.
- ✅ Includes: 15 Bar Pump Espresso & Cappuccino Maker, Electric Coffee Bean Grinder, Stainless Steel Portafilter with Single and Double Shot Filter Baskets, Milk frothing pitcher, Scoop/Tamper, 2 Ceramic Espresso Cups
- ✅ ESPRESSO MACHINE and LATTE MAKER 15 BAR PUMP PRESSURE SYSTEM- Enjoy great tasting Italian Espresso, Americano and Macchiato!
- ✅ SINGLE ESPRESSO SHOT OR DOUBLE ESPRESSO SHOT- Two stainless steel portafilter baskets included for the option of pulling a single shot or a double shot during each extraction. Compatible with ESE Pods.
- ✅ EASY VIEW REMOVABLE WATER TANK- Conveniently monitor water levels of front view transparent tank (1.25L capacity). Handle included on tank for easy removal for cleaning and refilling.
- ✅ OVER 10,000 UNITS SOLD with an Outstanding Customer service team! Available 24/7 to provide personal assistance at any time!
Best Coffee Maker Under $300: Buying Tips
Home-based espresso machines do vary widely in their demands. We’ll go through the machine categories and buying tips below.
Choose the type
Manual Espresso Machines
Manual machines have neither electrical nor any electronic components in them. They actually rely on the user’s physical strength and experience. These 2 factors generate the right pressure for pulling the espresso shot. Best for learning the art and science of espresso making. It’s easy to mess up and requires time and patient. But when you nail it, the results will be simply sublime.
Semi-automatics have built-in pumps and electronic temperature controls. So the user can set the temperature and won’t have to push the water through. You should be able to control/decide the start and end of the water flow. You can learn how different factors can affect a shot by playing with the settings.
Fully Automatic Machines
Fully automatics give you minimal control but maximum options. These machines can control grind types, drink sizes, drink options, temperatures, and coffee strengths based on your selection. You just need to grind the beans, load it in, select the drink-related options, and that’s it! Most expensive espresso machines are mostly fully automated.
Capsule Espresso Machines
Capsule machines are simple, and kind of automatic too! Because they are hands-off types of machines. You need to fill the water tank, pick and install a capsule into the machine, and place a cup under the spout. Push a button and wait. Within less than a minute, you’ll have your coffee – ideal for office spaces.
How Much Coffee You Brew At A Time
In this case, we simply imply that you check the size of the water reservoir. If you do make a lot of coffee frequently then you need a machine that has a big reservoir. Some machines can’t also do back-to-back rapid brewing too! So, check these things before buying one.
15 Bar And 20 Bar Pressure
Under $300, you’ll notice 2 main levels of pressure – 15 bars and 20 bars. To be honest you can have a good cup of espresso with just 9-bars of pressure. A 15-bar pump is 100% professional standard. Most trusted engineers blueprinted their coffee machines with 15 bars for optimality. A 20-bar system is just for faster extraction than the 15 bar machines, but it doesn’t mean it’s better than a 15-bar machine.
Fast Heat Up
Most of the time you probably don’t want to wait 15 minutes for your cup of coffee. You need a machine that will heat up itself and then the water very quickly. Good espresso machines do this heating up around and under a minute period.
We recommend buying a machine that is already equipped with a decent steaming wand or an automated milk frother – whether you would be using it or not. In any case, it will save you from buying a separate milk frother in the future for cappuccinos, flat whites, and lattés.
Ease Of Cleaning
Cleaning and maintaining your coffee machine is important for taste, longevity, and self-health reasons. It also ensures a smooth operational experience too. You must perform basic cleaning after each use according to the official instructions. It’ll save you from unpleasant odors and tastes developing inside of your machine. So, find a machine that can be cleaned quickly and easily.
Preferred Style Of Coffee
Because some espresso machines do a particular style well. Few others out there are truly versatile. Most espresso machines are unable to make standard drip coffee. So, make sure you’re buying a machine that can suit your preferred drinks.
Your Counter Space
Check the weight and the dimension. It will help you determine whether that machine will fit on your counter. Also, try to pick a machine that will be easy to move around.
Cup Sizes And Spout Height
It’s very sensible for you to check whether your coffee machine can work with different cup sizes and/or adjustable spout height. On many models, a detachable or adjustable cup tray can also help you accommodate taller cups.
What Types Of Espresso Machines Are There?
Espresso machine types are manual-press, pod, stovetop, pour-over, direct water connect, volumetric, boiler-base (single and double), heat-exchange, steam-driven, pump-driven, and automatics (semi, full, super, and ultra).
Are Espresso Machines Under $300 Worth It?
Yes, of course! With the advancement and addition of smart features with these machines, you can make quality coffee at home. It will vary depending on your experience and effort. You don’t have to break banks for a quality espresso machine these days. But, before buying (regardless of price range) do take the time to research the market.
How Much Should I Spend On An Espresso Machine?
It all depends on your desire to spend on a particular type of machine. The machine must align with your drinking capability and habits. Also, consider the external (accessories, pods, cleaning agents, brushes, etc.) based spending too for a machine before buying it. Considering all of these factors, it’s clear that the budget will vary from person to person.
Can A Under $300 Espresso Machine Make A Good Espresso Shot?
Yes, provided it has a good extraction mechanism and can handle fine espresso ground. A lot of machines under $300 these days can offer a decent water temperature optimal for espresso shots.
Whether you want to make plain espresso or milky delectable drinks like cappuccino, macchiato, and mocha, you need a machine that will deliver you cups of coffee consistently. Choosing the right machine requires not only research but also your drinking preferences and daily habits.
For all that intent and purpose, we complied with this best coffee maker under 300 article. We tried to pinpoint the listed products’ strengths and weaknesses. We’ve also categorized these machines with their nature (i.e. semi, full-auto, manual, and capsule). Finally, we hope you can rely upon this guide for future purchases for your kitchen.